Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
two suggestions
Posted by: gyroscope
Date: August 30, 2000 02:35AM

this is a simple one, but i dont think there is a browser yet that does it [and if opera does it i dont care cause i cant stand a mdi interface]. how about an option [with a hotkey to disable it] to open ALL links in a new fullscreen window without having to shift click or right click and use open in new window. im freaking wearing my right mouse button out by having to right click to open stuff in a new window so often. also an option for fullscreen would be pretty good. eh.. i guess thats about all the suggestions i have. heh.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: two suggestions
Posted by: Foofer
Date: August 30, 2000 07:32AM

What if there are too many links to auto-open! I see your point. It's almost similar to my preload cache idea I stated earlier.

Posted by: gyroscope
Date: August 30, 2000 06:12PM

heh, maybe i should be more clear. the windows dont just all start opening like crazy you still have to left click the links to make anything happen, but it would just be a single left click instead of right clicking and selecting open in new window or shiftclicking. i dont want like 1000 windows opening up automaticly.. i just want to be able to open stuff in a new window easier so i dont lose my place in the primary window while i check out other stuff.

i also read your preload cache idea and it sounds cool too since the browser isnt really doing anything while im reading a big page it could be loading up all kinds of other stuff from other links. it would sure make things alot faster for me on my 56k. though it should also have an option for preloading stuff only if the link goes to somewhere else in the same site. that way it wont be loading up links that are ads and whatever from other sites.

Posted by: Acous
Date: August 31, 2000 02:03AM

hmmm... centre aligned text field? smiling smiley

anyway... yea, it'd be good if you could assign the buttons to do different things. eg. the default setup would be button 1: open link, button 2: context menu, button 3: autoscroll. but you could just as easily set left button to open in new window, middle to open in same window etc..

id also like to see support for mice with more than 3 buttons.

Posted by: cure
Date: September 07, 2000 03:34AM

try the shift button.. works in opera and ie. opens a new window without the need for right clicks. bahhhh!

Posted by: suppafly
Date: May 21, 2001 02:22AM

just right click like normal people. left click already opens links in the current window.. it would confuse the hell out of normal people if it stopped working like it should.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.