Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
full screen + location bar
Posted by: Jeroen Roeterd
Date: May 22, 2001 10:27PM

Hello,

As this is a forum for improvement requests here are mine.
I am not a programmer but when I use any browser I prefer to use in full screen. As you can see in de poll 60% of you agree on this.

Now is it impossible to type in a url when you are working full screen. It would be perfect it like opera a key-combination will pop up an location window where you can give up the URL. Of course this key-combination most be configurable.

Please let me know what you think op that

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: full screen + location bar
Posted by: Joshua Prowse
Date: May 24, 2001 07:32PM

All key combinations in K-Meleon should be configurable. For example, to get into full screen mode I'm used to IEs F11. However, kmeleon uses F2 for a reason I can't figure out. I want the IE keys since I've taken the time to learn them.

BTW, do you know the key combination in IE that increases/decreases the size fo text? I always accidentally press it but never know what it is ...

Posted by: scratch
Date: May 26, 2001 04:32PM

All key combinations *are* configurable. See accel.cfg in your profile directory.

Date: May 28, 2001 02:34AM

thanks. any idea why F2 is the default key for full screen? Is this the key used in another browser like Opera (I don't use Opera so I don't know)

Posted by: Jeff
Date: May 28, 2001 07:53AM

There is no reason that F2 is the default for full screen. I don't have IE installed on my computer, so I didn't know that F11 is the generally accepted "full screen" binding. F2 just seemed like a nice key to use. I guess I'll bind it to F11 in the next release.

-- Jeff

Date: June 06, 2001 04:46AM

Wow, it's cool to haev such an effect on the developers of this program! =)

One of my largest complaints with IE is that the program's documentation is terrible. There is *no* list of shorcut keys so all of the ones that I know I discovered by accident. For example, every now and then I accidently press the key combination for increase font size. Yet I still don't know what the key combination is so that I can change it back when that happens (without having to go through the menus)

If it weren't for the undocumented features of IE I wouldn't like the browser nearly as much - for example, I love the ability to resize frames (move the border around). All frames. Even frames with invisible borders. I don't know of any other browser that allows for this.

Posted by: ralph
Date: June 07, 2001 05:50PM

Joshua,

the shortcut keys *are* documented. All you need to have is IE-help installed. If your windows dir is c:\windows just type the following in Start - Run...

mk:@MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\Help\iexplore.chm::/keybrd.htm

and you should get them all.

BTW: If you have got a wheel mouse press Ctrl and scroll up and down in IE - there is your font size. :-)

But I guess this is a bit off-topic here...

Date: June 07, 2001 11:38PM

Of coruse! Isn't it obvious? Why didn't I think of simply going to mk:@MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\Help\iexplore.chm::/keybrd.htm to find help information on keyboard keys - isn't that the first thing everyone thinks of when the want to find keystrokes, they type m - k - @ - M ... =)

Date: June 07, 2001 11:57PM

also that isn't a complete list of keyboard shortcuts even thought it's the official list. For example it doesn't include (which appears to do the same a select all) and it doesn't include any keyboard shortcut to increase or decrease the size of text (and I know that one exists - it's document for the Mac version of IE).

Also, I hate the keyboard shortcut CTRL+W sicne I soemtime accidentally press it and it can be deadly since it closes the Window. I remember typign along email in Hotmail adn the accidentally pressing CTRL+W and loosing all my work with no way to recover.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.