Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
SHIFT-<click> for New Window
Posted by: Steven Wagner
Date: June 12, 2001 08:07PM

I would like this functionality, that IE has. Holding down shift while clicking a link will launch it in a new window. BTW, K-meleon is getting very very nice. thanks much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SHIFT-<click> for New Window
Posted by: Jacob
Date: June 13, 2001 03:17AM

Definetly, this is one of the best features IE still has over mozilla browsers...

Kmeleon is looking good indeed, but another good feature would be to have seperate 'tabs' open instead of seperate windows, a-la Netcaptor. If I could find a mozilla driven browser with tabs, my life would be complete...
(I have a sad life)

Posted by: scratch
Date: June 13, 2001 04:14AM

Have you looked into Scope (cyberian.tripod.com)? It's tabbed and has the option to use Gecko, although it seems to be buggier than K-Meleon. And Mozilla does have an open in new window key, but it's ctrl instead of shift so maybe that's why you didn't notice it.

Posted by: Matt
Date: June 23, 2001 01:40AM

I second that. I can't use K-Meleon effectively without my shift-click!

Posted by: Slater
Date: September 14, 2001 07:09AM

Maybe you haven't noticed, but in Mozilla, clicking a link with the middle mouse button (on three-buttoned mice winking smiley will open that link in a new window. you don't even have to touch the keyboard to open a new window! dunno if this is in kmeleon...

Posted by: Joschi
Date: September 17, 2001 09:24PM

ctrl-click in mozilla always opens it in a new windows. shift-click saves the linked file, so moz is one step ahread of ie winking smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.