Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
tab minimize
Posted by: simon
Date: December 24, 2009 02:05AM

i'm looking for the feature of that:

click one tab it comes up, click the tab again , it minimize.

i'm used it on opera,and i can't find it on km's option .thanks :s

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tab minimize
Posted by: siria
Date: December 24, 2009 05:05AM

I'm missing that too :cool: Am doing that all the time with windows, any windows of all programs. Got used to tabs only a few months ago and miss that, but haven't frankly searched for it very hard yet. Anyone know if it's possible...?

EDIT:
Ooops.... Thinking about it a minute longer, it dawns on me: There's the feature "Previously selected tab"! It's there when right-clicking a tab name, and can also be accessed by a hotkey (AltGr+TAcool smiley. Not very convenient...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 02:04PM by siria.

Date: December 24, 2009 02:05PM

Alas, that command can only jump back exactly 1 time. When using it again, it jumps forward again ;-P
But well, better than nothing. There's a hotkey combination, but on my laptop here toolbar buttons are easier. I'm going to put it on one. If anyone else is interested, the button command is:
ID_TAB_LAST|Prev

By the way, not everyone is aware yet, but tabs can be sorted by dragging them around. Sometimes that helps too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 02:25PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 24, 2009 04:26PM

Tabs can't be minimized, but you can uncoment in toolbar.cfg file of your selected skin "Next tab" and "Previus tab" toolbar buttons, if this is that you like it.
Tab/&Window Buttons{

#	Prev{
#	%ifplugin tabs
#	ID_TAB_PREV|Prev
#	Previous Tab. Right-click for more options.
#	%else
#	ID_WINDOW_PREV|Prev
#	Previous Window. Right-click for more options.
#	%endif
#	layerwindowhot.bmp[0]
#	layerwindowcold.bmp[0]
#	}

#	Next{
#	%ifplugin tabs
#	ID_TAB_NEXT|Next
#	Next Tab. Right-click for more options.
#	%else
#	ID_WINDOW_NEXT|Next
#	Next Window. Right-click for more options.
#	%endif
#	layerwindowhot.bmp[1]
#	layerwindowcold.bmp[1]
#	}

#	-

But I can't understand why you like minimize a tab, instead change the focus to other tab, the result is same.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 04:28PM by desga2.

Date: December 24, 2009 04:46PM

Well, the problem occurs if you have (too) many tabs open, and lose a little overview ;-) If you're reading a tab somewhere in the middle of the tab bar, among two dozend others, then open a few links in background, then go read those last tabs, and then - uhm, where was again that tab from which I opened those links....? *scratchhead* grinning smiley
Clicking "previous" and "next" only jumps one by one along the tab bar line, meaning to the closest neighbor, not the one you last viewed.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 24, 2009 10:26PM

i think this could be done with a macro to add first tab and last tab in the tab menu.

there's also "previously selected tab" in the menu which takes you directly to the last viewed tab

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 10:29PM by disrupted.

Date: December 24, 2009 11:18PM

Yeah I mentioned that above, but that takes you only 1 step back, you can't go to the earlier ones...

It's all about history!
I never found much sense in going forward/previous in the order the tabs are lined up. For this, one can just use the mouse. The thing that's more interesting, is to do it in chronological order, which can be quite chaotic regarding the linear line-up. A bit difficult to describe...

And perhaps doing this just by mimicking the "windows-minimize" behaviour: simple clicking the active tab lets it "minimize" and reveals the one used right before. "Minimizing" that one shows the yet earlier one, and so on.

No idea if something like that would be trivial or difficult...
Ah yes, and what I'd also really like: an additional pref option, when double-clicking a tab, to reload it :cool: Usually I do it by mouse-gestures, but sometimes that "chokes" a bit ;-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.