Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: K-Meleon 1.5.4
Posted by: desga2
Date: March 28, 2010 12:25PM

@ Chinaski:
Veetel.com need an extra plugin (Veetle TV plugin) to watch videos in it.
http://veetle.com/download.php/veetle-0.9.17.exe
If you have some question about Veetel.com you can ask in his Forum.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 28, 2010 01:09PM

chinaski, first download the veetle install from the link posted by desga above.. if you have already have veetle installed then skip to step 2

step 2:
download this np plugin:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/mplugs/npVeetle.zip

extract in k-meleon\plugins folder(not k-plugins)
so noveetle.dll is saved in kmeleon\plugins and restart kmeleon..veetle videos should display fine after

Posted by: Chinaski
Date: March 29, 2010 08:03PM

Thanks. I have done everything you guys suggested and until yesterday everything went smoothly but today nothings happening. I mean even the pages of veetle are looking different now, could it be they are changing something?

Date: March 29, 2010 11:20PM

i tested it and found out that only 2 channels work with kmeleon 1.5.x (gecko 1.8x)..i think one of them was 2 and a half men. anyways, veetle mostly supports gecko 1.9 and not 1.8..probably html5 so most channels do not work properly or at all in 1.5.x.. but they all work without problems in km 1.6 alpha..so you will need to use kmeleon 1.6 to be able to take full advantage of veetle ..

you can have 2 versions of kmeleon and use 1.6 for veetle only (because it's still alpha).. but to ensure 1.6 profile doesn't conflict with your existing kmeleon installation, make sure to use it as 'portable mode' by creating an empty ini profile file in kmeleon 1.6 folder profile.ini - check documentation on how to uxse kmeleon with profile.ini
km 1.6 can be download from there:
http://kmeleon.sf.net/wiki/Kmeleon16

Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: April 09, 2010 10:05AM

Really I was totally unaware of this great browser, just accidently came to read about it on some forum, gave a try, and now its my 20th day I use only this, not using installed Firefox and IE7, and like to appreciate you ppl here, great great job.

Firefox' from your computer wants to connect to 67.195.186.110, port 843

The story began when I noticed that Firefox tries to connect some google add sites without my intentions, my firewall caught it and I started a web querry about then trusted Firefox, came to a forum on ubuntu, read a post about this spyware activity of Firefox, confirmed, all trust vanished. Some web search, came to K-Meleon, gave it a try, and really this nice browser captured me, and I love it, and if i were a programer I will devote my time and efforts to its development.
Thanks thanks again.
Also a humble request, please never drop the support for Windows 98, I do my 90 percent of work on Windows 98, tho i have XP installed.

Date: April 11, 2010 11:10PM

k-meleon is indeed a special browser wazim, it's made and maintained and supported by the users for the users..like true open source projects in linux but that's rare to find especially when it comes to browsers for windows.

you found one of the bad things in firefox, it isn't really spying but mozilla has a deal with google so it makes a lot of money(over 90 million u.s per annum)just by users using the browser... google pays mozilla every time a user performs a search query.

this revenue deals are not just in firefox but in all big browsers..they all want to make money from users..it's not really nice but it's supposedly with consent if you read their tos.

k-meleon is one of the very few true freeware browsers left that doesn't exploit users like that.

as for windows 9x, unfortunately it won't be supported for long as in new 1.6 version, windows 98 support will be dropped..this is mainly due to the gecko engine 1.9 which no longer supports 9x so there isn't much that the developers can do to continue supporting 9x. but there is good news, some users were able to run the next 1.6 release on windows 98 through a third party update called kernelx.. kernelx allows windows 9x to run true unicode programs intended for nt

you don't have to worry about it now untill 1.6 is released but you can learn about it in this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,103551
siria and slayer are the experts on running nt programs with kernel x, they will gladly answer any questions you have

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 11:17PM by disrupted.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 12, 2010 03:03AM

WasiAzeem
Really I was totally unaware of this great browser, just accidently came to read about it on some forum, gave a try, and now its my 20th day I use only this, not using installed Firefox and IE7, and like to appreciate you ppl here, great great job.

Firefox' from your computer wants to connect to 67.195.186.110, port 843

The story began when I noticed that Firefox tries to connect some google add sites without my intentions, my firewall caught it and I started a web querry about then trusted Firefox, came to a forum on ubuntu, read a post about this spyware activity of Firefox, confirmed, all trust vanished. Some web search, came to K-Meleon, gave it a try, and really this nice browser captured me, and I love it, and if i were a programer I will devote my time and efforts to its development.
Thanks thanks again.
Also a humble request, please never drop the support for Windows 98, I do my 90 percent of work on Windows 98, tho i have XP installed.

WasiAzeem,

As Google funds Mozilla, the developers there went along with a design change that uses a Google dBase to determine black/white sites, which is where FireFox mails home to Google. Dorian has made those SQLite "features" into stub files in K-Meleon 1.6 alpha. A very good thing in my opinion.

I think that the new, alpha KM 1.6 is a very good design combination of the older, no abandonded by FireFox, modules, like passwords and bookmarks and cookies and the speed of the new Gecko and JavaScript engines.

Too early in the development cycle to say, as K-Meleon 1.6 is really in the beginning stages, as evidenced by the Alpha designation.

FYI. K-Meleon's history has always been that of one main developer and a bunch of volunteers to support that person. Every time the old developer has left, a new one has appeared to save the project. It truly is quite an amazing history and the community of users has been loyal beyond all belief.

Personally I went for K-Meleon when I realized that the design philosophy was to use Windows macro scripting language instead of XUL (the software emulation software that produces FireFox extension). From the very beginning, that meant that even I, the worst coder that ever lived, could (with much help and support) write macros to do the things that I wanted to do with my K-Meleon browser.

<g>

N

Posted by: siria
Date: April 12, 2010 07:02AM

I'm very happy too with getting a "cleaned" gecko 1.9 version, which obviously was no easy feat smiling smiley

Just a note to Kernel-Ex, I even remember the unicode part was in a normal windowsupdate by Microsoft themselves, and a few other things too, of which I don't remember much anymore. So if something is just a unicode prob, as many program websites give the impression, that's not that big a problem, just sort of "Win98 with latest MS servicepack" ;-)
Kernel-ex also tries to fix some harder compatibility problems, some successfully, some not, but that helps already to fix quite a number of XP programs, although by far not all. With K-Meleon being by far the highest on my personal list, LOL!
I'm really not an expert at all at system stuff, quite the opposite, all I know is how to install KernelEx ("click setup" :coolsmiling smiley, but that's enough, hehe grinning smiley

Posted by: liufang898186
Date: June 06, 2010 02:07AM

Thanks, great!

Posted by: isch bins
Date: January 03, 2011 12:29PM

hi leute,

hab die version 1.5.4 of w98 se un xp.

auf w98 hab ich k-meleon, weil ich mit keinem anderen mehr auf die emailseiten komme. bei xp als alternative zu firefox. un sogar mit adblock plus un noscript :-) sehr schön.

Posted by: caktus
Date: January 23, 2011 05:25PM

I see that 1.6a3 is already available. Does anyone have any idea about when 1.6 might be in beta or final release?

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 23, 2011 06:27PM

caktus
I see that 1.6a3 is already available. Does anyone have any idea about when 1.6 might be in beta or final release?

K-Meleon 1.6 is beta2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 06:28PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.