Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: January 18, 2014 05:04PM

1. I am able to reproduce two crashes in it. It crashes when trying to load any error page and when loading a URL in a new tab after entering a nickname associated to a bookmark folder. The DLL that crashes in both cases is called mozalloc.dll.

2. The Reloading script is making the page smaller when using its Continuous Reload function.

3. Its source should be ran through Coverity Scan (https://scan.coverity.com/).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 06:52PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 18, 2014 06:54PM

Dorian
guenter
Is there any chance that we can reuse the other files that were in locales folder such as k-meleon.dll, bookmarks.dll, favorites.dll...?

Yes except for kmeleon.dll, that's why I made a new one.

guenter
That would give the update project a good start with many translations finished except for the chrome/locale files.

For the main omni.ja, you can just use the ff one from:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html

guenter
Dorian
Can you send me your locale?

Yes. I (stern.daler) sent it at this moment to a dorian at kmeleonbrowser.grinning smiley

Looks like I did not receive it :-\

.... snip

p.s. I sometimes think the strings from the K-Meleon.dll, history.dll etc. should also be moved into a kml. And maybe those from K-Meleon Chrome also. The now obsolete Orca browser by Avant project did something like that.

You can't do that because of dialog box. It's not like html, sizes are fixed so you may need to resize them to fit your language

Great. So I will only have to resource hack kmeleon.dll.:cool:

Bad. I will sent to yahoo.com and try to forward to kmeleon.org from there.
Please confirm receipt via mail.

ok. I understand.

Edit: After-thought. How or why did Avant brwoser project do it this way
if it is so as You say?

Sorry Dorian.

adodupan tried to sent You a mail with code on the 15th.
Your account seemed to reject mail. The same problem that I sometimes had.

So he mailed me at yahoo.

Sorry, I do not use and check yahoo.com mail often anymore.
I forwarded it to kmeleonbrowser today.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 06:58AM by guenter.

Posted by: zezaku
Date: January 18, 2014 10:33PM

Dorian thank you very much for this release.K-Meleon is the best browser around :-)

Posted by: martin9
Date: January 19, 2014 01:39PM

I have a problem with the size of the websites. The sites are really tiny and even if I use the zoom, it doesn't really gets better. Has anyone an idea how to fix that problem?

I was looking for the profile folder. Where is that folder? I wanted to copy my bookmark file from an older K-Meleon version to the new version.

The privacy bar has a little problem. The buttons doesn't work, but when I go over the menu the functions work. I disabled cookies over the menu and now I have two buttons cookies in the privacy bar. One button says cookies enabled, one button says cookies disabled.

Date: January 19, 2014 04:05PM

martin9
I have a problem with the size of the websites. The sites are really tiny and even if I use the zoom, it doesn't really gets better. Has anyone an idea how to fix that problem?

I was looking for the profile folder. Where is that folder? I wanted to copy my bookmark file from an older K-Meleon version to the new version.

The privacy bar has a little problem. The buttons doesn't work, but when I go over the menu the functions work. I disabled cookies over the menu and now I have two buttons cookies in the privacy bar. One button says cookies enabled, one button says cookies disabled.

i have the same problem with the size of websites

Posted by: George Hall
Date: January 19, 2014 04:15PM

Firefox Passwords can be imported into K-Meleon 74Beta

To import the Firefox Passwords, You have to copy the two files from the Firefox Profile into K-Meleon 74Beta Profile.

The names of those two files are:

key3.db
signons.sqlite

Posted by: siria
Date: January 19, 2014 05:34PM

martin9
I was looking for the profile folder. Where is that folder?

In older KM-versions that folder would pop open when clicking
Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory
Perhaps still there in new versions, cannot check it myself.

Date: January 19, 2014 08:54PM

siria
martin9
I was looking for the profile folder. Where is that folder?

In older KM-versions that folder would pop open when clicking
Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory
Perhaps still there in new versions, cannot check it myself.

Good idea, thank you. The profile folder is no longer in the K-Meleon folder. Hmm, is there a way to change the path of that folder? I like it, when everything for one program is in the same place.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 19, 2014 09:06PM

So do I smiling smiley
Just be aware that you need writing authority to that folder.
Again, have no clue about KM74, but the traditional way was to create an empty file named "profile.ini" in the KM root folder, just as an indicator whether profiles shall be placed inside (portable) or outside (in user account). The content of the old profile folder must be copied over manually, there is no automatic move action.

Date: January 19, 2014 10:26PM

Normaly the folder is choosen during the installation. I don't know how to change the folder, when I use a version without installation.

I found the problem, which causes, that sites are so tiny. When I switch the skin to AuraAlpha(Large) the look of the sites becomes so tiny. I can switch then the skins as much as I want, nothing happens.
I have to delete my profile, so that K-Meleon is forced to create a new profile and then look of the websites are ok again.

Date: January 20, 2014 02:37PM

I prefer is the K-Meleon 74Beta menu was enabled by default.

I do not want K-Meleon to look like firefox which it does with about:home.

I like would like if "resource:///readme.html" was loaded by default

Just like K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 and K-Meleon 74d+1 does.

If make K-Meleon look and act more like Firefox it ceasess to be an Alternative Browser.

Having no menu enabled by Default is just like Firefox which is one of the things I hate about firefox.

Date: January 20, 2014 06:17PM

Compact Menu functions menus.cfg located in browser\defaults\settings causes problem of some things no showing up when yu right click on a link or other things on a webpage in K-Meleon 74Beta

This function below causes right click not to work correctly

CToolbars {
!Toolbars
}
Compact Menu{
!New
-
&Save Page As...=ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
!Print
-
:&Tools
:Tool&bars
&Status Bar=ID_VIEW_STATUS_BAR
-
!kFullscreen
!Preferences
!CloseWindow
bmpmenu()
}

I replaced it with below

Compact Menu{
!Main
}

Theb right click on links statted to work again, I gave me options to add to bookmarks, favorites, opera hotlist well as open in links in tabs and windows.

I also removed dff from above the function below

%ifplugin bookmarks
&Bookmarks{
&Add Page=bookmarks(Add)
&Edit...=bookmarks(Edit)
Se&ttings...=bookmarks(Config)
-
bookmarks()
}
%endif

I replaced it with a blank line.

dff could cause problems with bookmarks in K-Meleon 74Beta

Date: January 20, 2014 06:31PM

George Hall
Compact Menu functions menus.cfg located in browser\defaults\settings causes problem of some things no showing up when yu right click on a link or other things on a webpage in K-Meleon 74Beta

This function below causes right click not to work correctly

CToolbars {
!Toolbars
}
Compact Menu{
!New
-
&Save Page As...=ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
!Print
-
:&Tools
:Tool&bars
&Status Bar=ID_VIEW_STATUS_BAR
-
!kFullscreen
!Preferences
!CloseWindow
bmpmenu()
}

I replaced it with below

Compact Menu{
!Main
}

Theb right click on links statted to work again, I gave me options to add to bookmarks, favorites, opera hotlist well as open in links in tabs and windows.

I also removed dff from above the function below

%ifplugin bookmarks
&Bookmarks{
&Add Page=bookmarks(Add)
&Edit...=bookmarks(Edit)
Se&ttings...=bookmarks(Config)
-
bookmarks()
}
%endif

I replaced it with a blank line.

dff could cause problems with bookmarks in K-Meleon 74Beta

I made a mistake that did not fix open in new tab or window problem when you right click on a link.

Posted by: Juanjo
Date: January 20, 2014 08:31PM

I have added in the spanish version of Wikipedia the translation of the great news of Km 74..

Date: January 21, 2014 12:24PM

The K-Meleon 74Beta toolbar.cfg files needs to be changed to view the History Icon in the AuraAlpha and Klassic Skins.

The function below is the problem it works with the History Plugin not the History Macro.

%ifplugin history
History{
history(View)|Histor&y

That function needs to be replaced with the function below to view the History Icon in AuraAlpha and Klassic Skins.

%ifplugin macros
History{
macros(Places_History)|Histor&y

Date: January 22, 2014 10:19AM

The Zoom Macro in K-Meleon 74Beta should be replaced with the Zoom Macro from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6

Because the Zoom Macro from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta 2.6 has "Reeset Zoom" in View Menu and on the Zoom Icon when you right click the Zoom Icon.

Beisdes K-Meleon 74Beta is using the Zoom Macro from K-Meleon 1.5.4
So it needs an updated Zoom Macro.

Date: January 22, 2014 01:59PM

The k-Meleon 74Beta Bookmark Plugin can not show the character é correctly when I copied a bookmarks.html created by K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 from its Profile Foder into the K-Meleon 74Beta Profile Folder.

When I copied the Bookmark Plugin from "K-Meleon 74b" into K-Meleon 74Beta's kplugin folder, then K-Meleon 74Beta showed the é character correctly in the bookmarks name,

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 23, 2014 07:49AM

guenter
Great. So I will only have to resource hack kmeleon.dll.

Exactly the same as for previous versions smiling smiley

You're not a 'pro' of resHacker ?? smiling smiley

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 23, 2014 09:23AM

JujuLand
guenter
Great. So I will only have to resource hack kmeleon.dll.

Exactly the same as for previous versions smiling smiley

You're not a 'pro' of resHacker ?? smiling smiley

A+

No. Definitely no 'pro' of resHacker.

AFAIK so far I only did a partial translation of Dorian's 0.8.2+ before and after that Rumpel and later kko did all the work with the de-DE locale.

I never did many chrome translations either.

IMHO I only did some extensions e.g. mimetypes for which I usually extracted the locales from Mozilla sources because I was to lazy to translate any myslf. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 09:27AM by guenter.

Date: January 23, 2014 06:50PM

In The "GUI Appearnce Settings", "Popup Windows" works when copy macros from k-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 into the K-Meleon 74Beta macros folder.

K-Meleon 74Beta is using macros from K-Meleon 1.5.4.
Some of macros are in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 are updates macros with a later date than the K-Meleon 1.5.4 macros.

Replacing those macros fixes some problems with Preferences in K-Meleon 74Beta.

Date: January 23, 2014 06:56PM

George Hall
In The "GUI Appearnce Settings", "Popup Windows" works when copy macros from k-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 into the K-Meleon 74Beta macros folder.

Some of macros are in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 are updates macros with a later date than the K-Meleon 1.5.4 macros.

Somehting funny happened when I first started K-Meleon after replacing macros,
"Popup Windows" options were selected in GUI Appearance.

Then when I made changes to it and restarted Browser. Changes no showed up "Popup Windows' in "GUI Appearances Settings"

Date: January 23, 2014 08:48PM

George Hall
George Hall

Somehting funny happened when I first started K-Meleon after replacing macros,
"Popup Windows" options were selected in GUI Appearance.

Then when I made changes to it and restarted Browser. Changes no showed up "Popup Windows' in "GUI Appearances Settings"

Popup Windows setting if you find which K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 file that makes it work.

I replaced K-Meleon 74Beta files with K-Meleon files such as some default files suchs as prefs and profile files.

I added K-Meleon 74Beta settings to some of the files. Then "Popup Windows" under "GUI Appearnce Settings" started working.

One or more files from K-Meleon 1.5.4 was preventing it from working.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 24, 2014 02:26AM

These macros from KM 1.6.0 beta 2.6 have modified dates later than the macros of the same name in KM 74 Beta. I purposely left main.kmm off the list until I have time to compare the different versions line by line. I know that I had some items in the one from my beta 2.6 that I thought were needed at the time, but may not be needed now. I have only replaced zoom.kmm so far, so make these changes at your own risk.

FILE 	11/23/2010 15:28	4,975	accel.kmm
FILE 	4/18/2013  14:03	4,452	cfg.kmm
FILE 	12/4/2010  13:12	1,028	mtypes.kmm
FILE 	8/11/2010  18:08	3,427	reload.kmm
FILE 	8/24/2010  13:16	20,318	search.kmm
FILE 	6/8/2013   05:47	21,885	translate.kmm
FILE 	5/25/2013  15:34	6,462	zoom.kmm

Date: January 24, 2014 07:07AM

In K-Meleon 74Beta all the files below are from K-Meleon 1.5.4 or are modifed K-Meleon 1.5.4 files.

The files below are those K-Meleon 1.5.4 files:

broswer/defaults/prefernces/I10n.js
broswer/defaults/prefernces/kmeleon.js
broswer/defaults/prefernces/kmprefs.js
broswer/defaults/prefernces/skin.js

browser/defaults/profile files all are from K-Meleon 1.5.4

browser/defaults/settings/accel.cfg
browser/defaults/settings/menus.cfg modified K-Meleon 1.5.4 file

browser/defaults/commands.html
browser/defaults/prefskins.js

macros/accel.kmm
macros/cfg.kmm
macros/main.kmm
mtypes.kmm
macros/reload.kmm
macros/translate.kmm
macros/zoom.kmm

K-Meleon 74Beta had problem with zoom at 30 percent instead of 100 precent becuase of missing settings from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2

"GUI Appearances Settings" Popup Windows had problem with missing settings in files or some older files from K-Meleon 1.5.4 instead of using the newer K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 files.

I copied all those files from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 into K-Meleon 74Beta and made changes as needed.

Then zoom at 100 instead of 30 in K-Meleon 74beta fixed.

As well as settings "GUI Appearances Settings" Popup Windows is fixed in K-Meleon 74Beta so all those settings can now be changed in the preferences.

Date: January 24, 2014 07:17AM

George Hall
In K-Meleon 74Beta all the files below are from K-Meleon 1.5.4 or are modifed K-Meleon 1.5.4 files.

The files below are those K-Meleon 1.5.4 files:

broswer/defaults/prefernces/I10n.js
broswer/defaults/prefernces/kmeleon.js
broswer/defaults/prefernces/kmprefs.js
broswer/defaults/prefernces/skin.js

browser/defaults/profile files all are from K-Meleon 1.5.4

browser/defaults/settings/accel.cfg
browser/defaults/settings/menus.cfg modified K-Meleon 1.5.4 file

browser/defaults/commands.html
browser/defaults/prefskins.js

macros/accel.kmm
macros/cfg.kmm
macros/main.kmm
mtypes.kmm
macros/reload.kmm
macros/translate.kmm
macros/zoom.kmm

K-Meleon 74Beta had problem with zoom at 30 percent instead of 100 precent becuase of missing settings from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2

"GUI Appearances Settings" Popup Windows had problem with missing settings in files or some older files from K-Meleon 1.5.4 instead of using the newer K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 files.

I copied all those files from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 into K-Meleon 74Beta and made changes as needed.

Then zoom at 100 instead of 30 in K-Meleon 74beta fixed.

As well as settings "GUI Appearances Settings" Popup Windows is fixed in K-Meleon 74Beta so all those settings can now be changed in the preferences.

I just found out that right click on the backward and forward buttons now works in K-Meleon 74Beta as well with those replacements and changes as needed.

Posted by: vincent powell
Date: January 24, 2014 03:55PM

to martin9 and zezaku
to fix the TINY web pages:
left-click the downward arrow on the bookmarks toolbar and select Options...
(which should bring up the preferences dialog)
then find the Category called 'Page Display'
(which should bring you to the Page Display Settings section)
then find the 'General' tab (which should be the first tab in this section)
at the bottom of the 'General' tab there is a slider that sets 'Default Zoom'
set it to 100% and close the preferences dialog

Date: January 25, 2014 12:01AM

Thank You Vincent for the tip :-)

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 25, 2014 01:16AM

@ George Hall

Regarding using main.kmm from KM 1.6.0 beta 2.6 in KM 74 Beta, that is good to do. There needs to be a small change made to the file.

The code at lines 369 through 374 and the code in lines 465 and 466 should be commented out. This function is handled elsewhere in KM 74 Beta.

Date: January 25, 2014 08:34PM

guenter's "Zoom Macro" has a Zoom Rest which works correctly.

The Zoom Reset in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6's Zoom Macro has a bug in which in some cases it enlarges certain items each time you click reset on the zoom icon.

For example, if you right click and zoom in on an images then right click on zoom icons and click reset.

The macro was located at the "http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins/.KM1.6b3/base/macro";
However that location been gone for awhile.

But not before that download loction went down. I downloaded all the files at "http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins/";

I uploaded the Zoom Macro to the location https://www.dropbox.com/s/yalusva0qcltqjx/zoom%28.KM1.6b3%29.7z

The Zoom Macro was meant for KM1.6b3.

This would be a good Zoom Macro for the next version of K-Meleon 74Beta.

Posted by: naruman
Date: January 25, 2014 11:42PM

Dorian

Great to see your new km release , with all new fixes [you forget to write it in this Topic :cool: ] & the powerful 'JSBridge' ( look like it comes with large cost in gecko& components) .

By the way Could you post something about the new 'JSBridge' ,and it's commands ,as i try to fix it in Preferences Panel, but did not work, even with import 'KMeleon.jsm' module.

It can be helpful for add new firefox 'addon '.

--

Anyway i made quick fixes for few chromes & other files for this release :

-Restore & fix console2 & Preferences [add color Panel].
-Restore km74d+1 Extensions & macros & skins .
-Temporary fix for link menu [until km.exe be fixed].

Notes:

to use color Panel [Preferences[f2]\page Display\fonts & colors\colors].

& unckack "Allow pages to use their own ..........".

--

And about the others 'issues' :

-For 'autosearch' i have new idea ,i will try it.

-For 'Set as default' i think we can use "firefox,SeaMonkey,palemoon ..." method , using chromes+'helper.exe', it work for all win versions , but it will need some work.

-For 'Installer' can be done , but it too early for it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 02:20AM by naruman.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.