Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 2
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 17, 2014 09:58AM

c-sanchez
Now if I can manipulate the tab bar, thanks for the tip.

guenter
Your bug report and my answer should have been better posted in Forum Bugs.
totally agree, sorry for the mistake smiling smiley

I no see mail desga2, would be good to contact him, if he can not, for there remain more than doing it alone, but any help is better smiling smiley

Never mind the mistake. smiling smiley This thread is full of such mistakes.

Ok. I see it but I am a forum moderator. So I did not know whether all can see it.

I already have send desga2 a mail with a link to this thread. But I do not know whether he received it. He has not answered. :s Maybe click on my name and send me Your valid mail address. So that I can forward it to him. If he answers.

The translation is smaller than You think because most strings can come from K-Meleon 1.5.4 es-ES. Only the strings for new code need a fresh translation.

So You compare the en-US and the es-ES files in a UTF-8 capable editor like psPad.
If the number of lines is still the same You can take the old code and nothing is to be translated. If the number of lines has increased You search the extra lines. You translate and copy and paste the rest that is translated already.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: George Hall
Date: February 18, 2014 03:37AM

K-Meleon 74 Beta2 has soem problems with it skins.

In the skins AuraAlpha, AuraAlpha(Compact), and AuraAlpha(Large) the History Macro should have the line below

View History. Right-click for more options.

Because the History Icon is the only icon in the main bar that are you able to right click on that does not have

"Right-click" + message displayed when hover over those icons with the mouse pointer on the main bar.

Also the Klassic Skin still uses the History Plugin instead of History Macro in the toolbar.cfg so history icon is not displayed.

Another change that the skin AuraAlpha(Large) is the function below

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbardead.bmp[5]
}
}

does not display "Save Page As..." icon correctly

The function below displays thr "Save Page As..." icon correctly

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

Because *dead.bmp causes some icons not to be displayed correctly in some of the skins.

There may be more more icons that are not displayed correctly with *dead.bmp in the icons function in toolbar.cfg for some of the skins

The function above is the only function that I have found with that problem in the AuraAlpha(Large) Skin

K-Meleon 74 Beta2 needs those changes to fix some skins problesm and to display some things that the other icons display.

Date: February 18, 2014 08:45AM

I would a have View Places next to View History in K-Meleon 74 Beta2+1

Because it would gave K-Meleon 74 Beta2 an bookmark import export system with certain files related to migration such as folder located in frefox omni.ja

browser\omni.ja\jsloader\resource\app\modules\MigrationUtils.jsm

which is the that makes import and export work with Firefox.

You can also import history is View Places is included as part of K-Meleon 74 Beta2+1

Date: February 18, 2014 09:47AM

George Hall
I would a have View Places next to View History in K-Meleon 74 Beta2+1

Because it would gave K-Meleon 74 Beta2 an bookmark import export system with certain files related to migration such as folder located in frefox omni.ja

browser\omni.ja\jsloader\resource\app\modules\MigrationUtils.jsm

which is the that makes import and export work with Firefox.

You can also import history is View Places is included as part of K-Meleon 74 Beta2+1

I was wrong about importing history becuase I read article that you can backup history with firefox.

Howver, that involves copying history into unsorted bookmarks to import history from firefox browser to another firefox browser by importing its bookmarks.

To immport history its easier to copy places.sqlite from firefox profile to into K-Meleon 74 Beta2+1 profile

Date: February 22, 2014 10:56AM

In the next version of K-Me;eon 74 it would be a good idea to have plugins.load_appdir_plugins enabled by default in the prefernces.

So the average user will not be confused by the plugins folder in the K-Meleon 74 root folder doees not work.

The plugins folder in the root folder in Firefox is not enabled by default.
That is why is not enabled by default in K-Meleon 74.

Posted by: Kevlar
Date: February 22, 2014 07:27PM

George Hall
The function below displays thr "Save Page As..." icon correctly

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

Because *dead.bmp causes some icons not to be displayed correctly in some of the skins.

There may be more more icons that are not displayed correctly with *dead.bmp in the icons function in toolbar.cfg for some of the skins

The function above is the only function that I have found with that problem in the AuraAlpha(Large) Skin

K-Meleon 74 Beta2 needs those changes to fix some skins problesm and to display some things that the other icons display.

Using Aura(Compact) : Using two mainbarcold.bmp entries make the icon appear on the toolbar instead of a fuzzy blob, BUT it remains unresponsive/dead ).

The "save as" icon in the "file" menu remains dim...

You can eventually get the page down by using Ctrl-S but it gives strange error messages.

Posted by: Kevlar
Date: February 22, 2014 07:36PM

Right click on 'file'>download page will give you "you must wait for the page to load" error, but it will immediately after give you the option to save the page.
Why dim icon, if it responds to right click? Why error message if it will offer to save immediately after?

The toolbar icon will not respond, even if you can see it.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 22, 2014 08:49PM

Kevlar
Right click on 'file'>download page will give you "you must wait for the page to load" error, but it will immediately after give you the option to save the page.

So the reason of the ID_SAVE bug is merely that a page is not fully loaded yet, or at least KM thinks so?

Just wondering now if the stop button (ESC) works, sadly it doesnt in KM1.6 when plugins like flash are running.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 24, 2014 11:42AM

Accels does not work with flash, because flash may need them. It's the same with Firefox.

"Save as" state is buggy and will be fixed .

Posted by: naruman
Date: February 24, 2014 12:39PM

I did fix the Old "SetDefault.exe" .

Here's portable packages of km with the fixes in this post .

the old KM Installer can be fix too, but i think that "flash pug" fix is in some service add to the system by the new Installer (i dont have the source files ).

notes:

like firefox mailto: work too.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 25, 2014 07:56AM

@naruman,

You can find the complete packager on my site (JujuLand)

Can you send the source of your setdefault ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: naruman
Date: February 25, 2014 11:08AM

@ JujuLand

I was meaning the new k-m 74 Installer.

And here's the source code of setdefault with the modifications.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 25, 2014 05:29PM

When will a new beta of it be made available? I'm wanting the issues with hanging when more than one tab containing a flash object is loaded in it and random memory leaks to be fixed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 05:30PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: February 26, 2014 03:15AM

Puede alguien enviarme un "locale package" pero con el orden de de archivos ya incluido?
no estoy seguro, pero supongo a cambiado un poco en k-meleon 74.

por ahora tengo problemas con en.jar.

He cambiado cambiado

* en.jas a es.jar
* en.manifest a es.manifest

locale pippki en jar:en.jar!/pippki/
locale mozapps en jar:en.jar!/mozapps/
locale cookie en jar:en.jar!/cookie/
locale passwordmgr en jar:en.jar!/passwordmgr/
locale global-platform en jar:en.jar!/global-platform/
locale pipnss en jar:en.jar!/pipnss/
locale autoconfig en jar:en.jar!/autoconfig/
locale places en jar:en.jar!/places/
locale weave en jar:en.jar!/
locale global en jar:en.jar!/global/
locale necko en jar:en.jar!/necko/
locale alerts en jar:en.jar!/alerts/
locale global-region en jar:en.jar!/global-region/

locale browser-region en jar:en.jar!/browser-region/
locale branding en jar:en.jar!/branding/
locale browser en jar:en.jar!/browser/
locale kmeleon en jar:en.jar!/kmeleon/
locale console2 en jar:en.jar!/console2/
locale kmprefs en jar:en.jar!/kmprefs/
locale flashblock en jar:en.jar!/flashblock/
locale history en jar:en.jar!/history/
a

locale pippki es jar:es.jar!/pippki/
locale mozapps es jar:es.jar!/mozapps/
locale cookie es jar:es.jar!/cookie/
locale passwordmgr es jar:es.jar!/passwordmgr/
locale global-platform es jar:es.jar!/global-platform/
locale pipnss es jar:es.jar!/pipnss/
locale autoconfig es jar:es.jar!/autoconfig/
locale places es jar:es.jar!/places/
locale weave es jar:es.jar!/
locale global es jar:es.jar!/global/
locale necko es jar:es.jar!/necko/
locale alerts es jar:es.jar!/alerts/
locale global-region es jar:es.jar!/global-region/

locale browser-region es jar:es.jar!/browser-region/
locale branding es jar:es.jar!/branding/
locale browser es jar:es.jar!/browser/
locale kmeleon es jar:es.jar!/kmeleon/
locale console2 es jar:es.jar!/console2/
locale kmprefs es jar:es.jar!/kmprefs/
locale flashblock es jar:es.jar!/flashblock/
locale history es jar:es.jar!/history/

tradusco passwordmgr, creo una carpeta "locales" en k-meleon
pero no surte ningun cambien, aunque las dll traducidas si.

Would you like remember the password ford "" on ""?

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: February 26, 2014 03:40AM

Can someone send me a "locale package" but with the order of files already included?
I'm not sure, but I guess I changed a bit to k-meleon 74.

for now I have problems with en.jar.

I changed

* en.jas to es.jar
* en.manifest to es.manifest

i translate passwordmgr and create a "locales" folder in k-meleon
but does not have any change, but the dll translates yes.

Another things (and sorry to leave the subject)
Some good download manager for KM74?
I've heard of Downthemall, although I do not know and do not know if this for k-meleon.
I look for something that allows me to resume downloads and work like addon in k-meleon.

The website of ReactOS not display the buttons correctly "Like", "+1" "Tweet" "Flattr" and "IN Share"
Although it seems that also happens in chrome, maybe some bad design?

Is available somewhere a recent version of adblock plus?

I think that's all for now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Date: February 26, 2014 09:31AM

c-sanchez
Can someone send me a "locale package" but with the order of files already included?
I'm not sure, but I guess I changed a bit to k-meleon 74.

for now I have problems with en.jar.

I changed

* en.jas to es.jar
* en.manifest to es.manifest

i translate passwordmgr and create a "locales" folder in k-meleon
but does not have any change, but the dll translates yes.

Another things (and sorry to leave the subject)
Some good download manager for KM74?
I've heard of Downthemall, although I do not know and do not know if this for k-meleon.
I look for something that allows me to resume downloads and work like addon in k-meleon.

The website of ReactOS not display the buttons correctly "Like", "+1" "Tweet" "Flattr" and "IN Share"
Although it seems that also happens in chrome, maybe some bad design?

Is available somewhere a recent version of adblock plus?

I think that's all for now, sorry for the inconvenience.

In kmprefs content pref-appearance.xul

has the function

_getLocales : function () {
this.lcls[0] = "en-US";
var dir = getFile(getFolder("CurProcD"), "locales");
if (dir.exists() && dir.isDirectory()) {
var file,
files = dir.directoryEntries;
while (files.hasMoreElements()) {
file = files.getNext();
if (file instanceof Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile)
if (file.isDirectory())
this.lcls[this.lcls.length] = file.leafName;
}
}
which points the browser folder as the location of locales replacing "CurProcD" with "GreD" gives the function wihich points to the K-Meleon Folder as the location of the locales.

_getLocales : function () {
this.lcls[0] = "en-US";
var dir = getFile(getFolder("GreD"), "locales");
if (dir.exists() && dir.isDirectory()) {
var file,
files = dir.directoryEntries;
while (files.hasMoreElements()) {
file = files.getNext();
if (file instanceof Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile)
if (file.isDirectory())
this.lcls[this.lcls.length] = file.leafName;
}
}

Replacing "CurProcD" with "GreD" fixes some problems with macros location, SetDefault.exe location, and locales location without kpath function which does not point everything to their right location such as locales folder.

Date: February 26, 2014 11:39AM

Zero3K
When will a new beta of it be made available? I'm wanting the issues with hanging when more than one tab containing a flash object is loaded in it and random memory leaks to be fixed.

Unfortunately firefox has the same problem with flash when not using plugin container.

Did you check what's happening using about:memory?

Date: February 26, 2014 11:48AM

c-sanchez

Use the attached file.
For the jar, you only have to translate folders from browser_region to history (the last lines in the manifest).

Attachments: es-ES.zip (148.2 KB)  
Posted by: lawmay
Date: February 26, 2014 10:13PM

2 bugs I encounter so far with K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 (Windows Server 2003 32 bit, Athlon XP 2000+, 2 GB memory):

1, Can't add any proxies. Namely Preferences > Network/Performance > Proxy > New Configuration > "Save" button appears nonfunctional. After adding proxy info and pressing "Save" button
a. no changes made in prefs.js, and
b. in Preferences > Network/Performance > Proxy > General, the window just to the left of the "New Configuration..." button remains too narrow to read.

2. "Find" window at bottom left corner of screen loses focus after typing 1-2 letters. Have to reclick on "Find" window to continue typing.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 26, 2014 11:23PM

Drag and drop files does nothing with *.htm, *.html. You must open them by file menu.

For drag and drop for "internet shortcuts", this is *.url files, it does only load the domain, but not the full path. Let's say this forum as a shorcut. It will open kmeleon.sf.net, but not kmeleon.sf.net/forum/list.php?8, also, it does not open via file menu.

Looks like VK_F* keys do not work for open history, but work for other features such as disable javascript, cookies, etc. Weird. For example, view history with CTRL + works, but not, let's say VK_F10. I tried disabling it in onmi.ja, but nothing :-?

Bookmarks toolbar are "outside" the skin, or outside the window flow. The background of the skin is not applied, nor can be put together any other toolbar when toolbars are set to unlocked. In other words bookmarks toolbar is there, but it isn't.
EDIT2: I didn't notice it, because I didn't switch to fullscreen yet, looks it's related to the full screen bug confused smiley. Not very annoying but confirms that bookmarks are not part of the toolbars.
EDIT3: the above can be fixed with bookmarks.dll plugin from 1.8.x development.

Scroll. The scroll via mouse middle/wheel button clic is not continuous. It hurts the eyes if you want the page to scroll while you read. It's jerky, jumping, not smooth. I don't know how to better explain it. Known preferences en about config do nothing with this kind of scroll, but with others. I have hardware acceleration disabled because of drivers version, so may be o may be not culprit.

Cookies, as said, can't be reviewed. Buttons in preference window do nothing. This is quite important for me. And to complicate things, sqlite browser looks like can't open this new sqlite files. I think that the new Data Manager system is a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I forgot one of the most important... FIND AS YOU TYPE how I miss is not working :_(

And the last thing, I use in 1.6b4 microrss and httpfox addons/extensions/chrome files. As there is no chrome folder, where should I put them to make them work, if possible. I tried several places confused smiley
I find the way of above: microrss, just putting inside the omni.ja and edit chrome.manifest accordingly. Also I find the new HttpFox/HttpMonitor in http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmext/ with instructions. The previous version had problems. So this leaves KM74b2 nearer of usable state smiling smiley

Finally the browser is functional but, acually, a beta. Anyway, Dorian, thank you so much for your work. I think we can't demostrate enough how we appreciate your effort.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 02:13PM by JohnHell.

Date: February 27, 2014 08:38AM

Sometimes with K-Meleon 74 Beta2 a popup crashes the browser when it is launched.

It happened at animefreak.tv when I clicked on a tab with switched video player on a epsiode.

When I tried the same video a second time it crashed K-Meleon 74 Beta2 after I rekaunched it.

Posted by: ななし
Date: February 27, 2014 10:16AM

I ticked the Portable Install box on the installer, but it isn't very portable if it writes to the Registry tongue sticking out smiley... Found keys at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/FirefoxHTML + FirefoxURL (or something like that, defining file associations) as well as HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/K-Meleon + K-Meleon 74.0 (and numerous other keys listed in install.log in the K-Meleon install folder)

Date: February 28, 2014 02:24AM

Dorian
Zero3K

Unfortunately firefox has the same problem with flash when not using plugin container.

Did you check what's happening using about:memory?

No, but here's a link to a dump that I made when it leaked memory which is compressed as a ZIP:

http://d-h.st/6cz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 02:24AM by Zero3K.

Posted by: k-user
Date: February 28, 2014 06:25AM

Hello.

I'm having a few problems.

I use Windows 7 Professional.

I have a LOT of bookmarks (several thousand) after years of searching the web.

I cannot import Netscape bookmarks even after restarting. The file is HTML.

After organizing the bars the way I want I lock them all but they reappear jumbled.

I have used K-Meleon for years and I'm sure all of the settings are correct...

I hope you allow for lots of bookmarking, I liked how smooth and fast the

bookmark menu was compared to any other browser I have used and I've used them all.

Posted by: k-user
Date: February 28, 2014 06:32AM

k-user
Hello.

I'm having a few problems.

I use Windows 7 Professional.

I have a LOT of bookmarks (several thousand) after years of searching the web.

I cannot import Netscape bookmarks even after restarting. The file is HTML.

After organizing the bars the way I want I lock them all but they reappear jumbled.

I have used K-Meleon for years and I'm sure all of the settings are correct...

I hope you allow for lots of bookmarking, I liked how smooth and fast the

bookmark menu was compared to any other browser I have used and I've used them all.

Also I wanted to know if Ghostery, LastPass, NoScript and AdBlock plugin support

can be added. That would really make K-Meleon a complete web browser. smiling smiley

added. That would make K-Meleon

Posted by: ななし
Date: February 28, 2014 06:48AM

K-Meleon seems to handle & in a page title strangely; in the window's title bar/the Windows taskbar, it appears as & (like it should), but in K-Meleon's tab bar, it shows up as double ampersands, &&

Date: March 01, 2014 05:16PM

Another issue I've been having is that webpages become completly black when scrolling through them after a couple of hours of it running with multiple tabs open.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 01, 2014 09:34PM

Zero3K
Another issue I've been having is that webpages become completly black when scrolling through them after a couple of hours of it running with multiple tabs open.
That's an issue with hardware acceleration.

Check if it fixes disabling it through "layers.acceleration.disabled" pref set to "true".

If it wasn't a coincidence, it fixed in two separate PCs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 09:34PM by JohnHell.

Date: March 02, 2014 07:35PM

JohnHell
Zero3K
That's an issue with hardware acceleration.

Check if it fixes disabling it through "layers.acceleration.disabled" pref set to "true".

If it wasn't a coincidence, it fixed in two separate PCs.

Changing that option fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Date: March 02, 2014 08:33PM

Dorian: Here's a link to a text file I made containing a list of the threads that it was using when it froze while viewing a Twitch Stream:

http://d-h.st/g8P

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.