Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 2
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 03, 2014 02:16PM

Any sight on spelltest/spellcheck adaptation to K-meleon 74 b2?

@Zero3k
You could try to update graphic drivers too and see if it fixes too, but, I don't know why, I feel that hardware acceleration may be quite broken anyway. Looks a so special feature.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wasi
Date: March 03, 2014 11:18PM

1- GO BACK and GO FORWARD buttons are not working
2- when start typing in Find area, the focus switches to the main window after each letter typed, have to click the Find box again and again.
3- Where is User Agent settings?
4- After start, go to PREVIOUS SESSION is not working.
5- Sessions appear to be saved BUT can not be launched.
I wish I would be a programmer so tha I could help you guys, its great work. I love K-Meleon, its what i need to love as a browser. Keep it up and congratulation for this new version.

Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: March 03, 2014 11:27PM

Again I am.
Need some info.
What version of Adblockplus supports KM 74 b2?

Date: March 04, 2014 01:23AM

Wasi
2- when start typing in Find area, the focus switches to the main window after each letter typed, have to click the Find box again and again.

Should be noted that that only happens when a link is found. Sadly 99% of times, the first, second, and so on, text found, is a link what stops the function type as you find every single new character you type sad smiley

A new bug I found is that you can't scroll a source code window if you don't un-focus it first. Can't be scrolled with mouse nor keyboard.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 04, 2014 09:20AM

JohnHell
A new bug I found is that you can't scroll a source code window if you don't un-focus it first. Can't be scrolled with mouse nor keyboard.

Not for me, works perfectly ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: March 04, 2014 03:59PM

Just to clear it, I don't mean using the scrollbar, but using the mousewheel and the up/down arrow keys, as well as the avpag/repag keys.

Do they work all, just going to view>source code and doing nothing else trying to scroll with the methods mentioned?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 04, 2014 06:10PM

JohnHell
Drag and drop files does nothing with *.htm, *.html. You must open them by file menu.

Fixed

Looks like VK_F* keys do not work for open history, but work for other features such as disable javascript, cookies, etc. Weird. For example, view history with CTRL + works, but not, let's say VK_F10. I tried disabling it in onmi.ja, but nothing :-?

WFM

Bookmarks toolbar are "outside" the skin, or outside the window flow. The background of the skin is not applied, nor can be put together any other toolbar when toolbars are set to unlocked. In other words bookmarks toolbar is there, but it isn't.

Fixed

Scroll. The scroll via mouse middle/wheel button clic is not continuous. It hurts the eyes if you want the page to scroll while you read. It's jerky, jumping, not smooth. I don't know how to better explain it. Known preferences en about config do nothing with this kind of scroll, but with others. I have hardware acceleration disabled because of drivers version, so may be o may be not culprit.

Doesn't seem different than firefox.

Cookies, as said, can't be reviewed. Buttons in preference window do nothing. This is quite important for me. And to complicate things, sqlite browser looks like can't open this new sqlite files. I think that the new Data Manager system is a pain in the ass.

Fixed

EDIT: I forgot one of the most important... FIND AS YOU TYPE how I miss is not working :_(

Working on it. It's now integrated in the firefox findbar, so I have to rewrite it sad smiley

And the last thing, I use in 1.6b4 microrss and httpfox addons/extensions/chrome files. As there is no chrome folder, where should I put them to make them work, if possible. I tried several places confused smiley

You can put a chrome.manifest file in the browser folder.
In theory extensions folder should work in next build.

George Hall
Sometimes with K-Meleon 74 Beta2 a popup crashes the browser when it is launched.

Fixed I hope.

???
I ticked the Portable Install box on the installer, but it isn't very portable if it writes to the Registry tongue sticking out smiley... Found keys at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/FirefoxHTML + FirefoxURL (or something like that, defining file associations) as well as HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/K-Meleon + K-Meleon 74.0 (and numerous other keys listed in install.log in the K-Meleon install folder)

Yes, "portable" is probably not the correct term; it's more like "everything in one place".

Zero3K
Another issue I've been having is that webpages become completly black when scrolling through them after a couple of hours of it running with multiple tabs open.

This happen when gecko reach the 2Gb ram limit :-s

JohnHell

Indeed, that's weird.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: March 04, 2014 06:36PM

Dorian: The issue with webpages turning black when scrolling is fixed after I disabled hardware acceleration in it.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: March 04, 2014 07:43PM

A question:

Dorian, where can the new version with all the fixes you mentioned in your previous post be found?

Thx and a good night to everyone

Mala

Date: March 04, 2014 08:41PM

Dorian
JohnHell
Looks like VK_F* keys do not work for open history, but work for other features such as disable javascript, cookies, etc. Weird. For example, view history with CTRL + works, but not, let's say VK_F10. I tried disabling it in onmi.ja, but nothing :-?

WFM

I'll blame my system then, or maybe is history itself. Anyway or another, I can't call the history via, in some way, the window gets "unfocused" (not exactly) but nothing happens:
VK_F8
VK_F10
CTRL VK_F8
CTRL VK_F10

For other functions, as I said, there is no problem on use those keys.

I'll always have CTRL H but I was used to F10 :/

Indeed, history works way different in this version.

Date: March 04, 2014 08:54PM

JohnHell
Just to clear it, I don't mean using the scrollbar, but using the mousewheel and the up/down arrow keys, as well as the avpag/repag keys.

Do they work all, just going to view>source code and doing nothing else trying to scroll with the methods mentioned?

Yes, it works fine just using mousewheel, perhaps a priviledge of Linux users :cool:
I must say that wine expect to 'emulate' XP, not Vista, Seven or Eight ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: March 04, 2014 09:15PM

JujuLand
JohnHell

Yes, it works fine just using mousewheel, perhaps a priviledge of Linux users :cool:
I must say that wine expect to 'emulate' XP, not Vista, Seven or Eight ...

A+

Maybe is wine there, if, as it look, Dorian confirmed it as "weird" or maybe he was meaning it was weird because it only happened to me confused smiley

I forgot something to say about bookmarks, and is that the K-meleon 74b2 bookmarks.dll even if bookmarks.html is in UTF-8, doesn't recognize accented words as for example ú á é. And if you try to fix them, they are double encoded in UTF-8. Displayed correctly then, but double encoded in the binary code of bookmarks.html. This is more weird than the source code problem tongue sticking out smiley

Also, the bookmarks.dll used in 1.8.x development branch doesn't have the problem reported here previously and the one I was telling in the paragraph above. And doesn't give further problems, yet... Let's see the fix when you release it smiling smiley

EDIT: I forgot to thank all the fixes. Thanks Dorian smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 09:20PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: March 05, 2014 07:44AM

1- GO BACK and GO FORWARD buttons are not working
2- After restart, go to PREVIOUS SESSION is not working.
3- Sessions appear to be saved BUT can not be launched.
4- which latest version of Adblockplus supports KM 74 b2?

Date: March 05, 2014 07:58AM

JohnHell
I forgot something to say about bookmarks, and is that the K-meleon 74b2 bookmarks.dll even if bookmarks.html is in UTF-8, doesn't recognize accented words as for example ú á é. And if you try to fix them, they are double encoded in UTF-8. Displayed correctly then, but double encoded in the binary code of bookmarks.html. This is more weird than the source code problem

I had also a problem which looks like yours, when putting the old bookmark, I keep since a few versions, in my km74 profile

I hadn't have a look to the source, but here is what I have:

.T......é.........é.......l........é........é......c....h...a...r....g...e...m...e...n...t
54 C3 83 C2 A9 6C C3 83 C2 A9 63 68 61 72 67 65 6D 65 6E 74

In fact it's not twice encoding, but two different encodings.

A+

Date: March 05, 2014 04:53PM

JujuLand
[In fact it's not twice encoding, but two different encodings.

Something strange, anyway winking smiley

What I'm sure is that bookmarks.dll from 1.8.x, that if I'm not wrong is the same as 1.6.x doesn't have this problem and also didn't have the rebar problem, so... while we have the new version could be recommended to be used that other version.

Date: March 06, 2014 03:26AM

Wasi

If you have 1.6 at hand, copy the useragent.kmm macro to the KM74b2 macro folder. It stills work without any trouble.

If you want permanent user agents, remember to edit l10n.js as explained in the forum. Search for it, it's been explained sereral times smiling smiley

I was testing now something that's why I dig on it and I post this now.

Bookmarks and User Agent String
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 06, 2014 06:37AM

There is definitely a problem with the new bookmarks.dll. And it is sure weird!

It can read its own Umlauts ä, ö, ü but cannot in an imported bookmarks.html.

Older bookmars are usable. Maybe use them.

JohnHell
Wasi

If you have 1.6 at hand, copy the useragent.kmm macro to the KM74b2 macro folder. It stills work without any trouble.

If you want permanent user agents, remember to edit l10n.js as explained in the forum. Search for it, it's been explained sereral times smiling smiley

I was testing now something that's why I dig on it and I post this now.

It can also be done via about:config or personal prefs.js/user.js in profile.

The easiest 2 ways.

Via about:config You create a new string value:

general.useragent.override

And fill it with:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0

Else You could add this pref as user pref in profile prefs/user.js as ( user_...)

user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0");

Or add to a general pref file in browser/defaults/preferences any js

pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0");

Note that the SeaMonkey project uses a similar tech/string. The string makes sure that all sites recognize Your browser as a Firefox variant or better as based on a XulRunner runtime. Some scripts are too dumb to extract the Mozilla version and seek the string "Firefox" instead.

BTW: The Privacy section in the mentioned file does not exist IMHO:

Good recent code is IMHO.

// Privacy 

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 24 ESR");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "SeaMonkey");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24"

Choosing older Opera strings may also work.

If You add new IE or Chromium strings You may cause errors if Java Script is on.
The script implementations are not identical.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 08:43AM by guenter.

Re: Bookmarks and User Agent String
Posted by: siria
Date: March 06, 2014 10:22AM

In older versions (cannot test this one) it also works to put a separate file for useragents in the same folder as this I10n-file.
Find an own file handier, also better for exchange between different KM installations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 10:23AM by siria.

Re: Bookmarks and User Agent String
Date: March 06, 2014 06:30PM

siria
In older versions (cannot test this one) it also works to put a separate file for useragents in the same folder as this I10n-file.
Find an own file handier, also better for exchange between different KM installations.

Nice idea to put the info into a separate file.

Yes, all versions read in files with extension .js that are in old name prefs and now preferences folder. It does not matter in which file the info is.

For 74 the code for the UserAgent switching has not officially added yet.

Perhaps for now use the string I suggested since that way is advocated by Mozill.org.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 06:34PM by guenter.

Posted by: Happy.KM.User
Date: March 07, 2014 04:00PM

Hi everyone,
I must say that K-M 74B2 is lightning fast. I'm not a dev, but a user.
So far out of all the versions I've used, this version seems to tickle my fancy the best.
Team K-M....Keep Up The Great Work and Thank You For Your Hard Work smiling smiley

Date: March 08, 2014 12:02PM

Tiny little bug, inherited from old versions and easy to fix:
Edit / Configuration / Commands List brings up commands.html in the prefs folder.
When clicking a target for some command info, it's not showing what's deeper on the same page but gets redirected to desga's old page on xthost. That server doesn't exist anymore. Just removing the "base href" line in the header helps.

Date: March 10, 2014 11:07PM
Date: March 11, 2014 02:01PM

siria
Tiny little bug, inherited from old versions and easy to fix:
Edit / Configuration / Commands List brings up commands.html in the prefs folder.
When clicking a target for some command info, it's not showing what's deeper on the same page but gets redirected to desga's old page on xthost. That server doesn't exist anymore. Just removing the "base href" line in the header helps.

Or update the file on Your HDD to reference:

http://krypton.x10host.com/lizard/commands.html

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.