Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
K-Meleon 74 Beta 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 09, 2014 11:21AM

Another Beta using gecko 24.3 ESR

For the time being I've used firefox installer, with a portable option added. Not ideal but at least, we know it works.
Download

Know issues:
- Keyword autosearch don't work
- No print preview
- InjectJS does not return value

Fixed:
- Flash crash in fullscreen
- Gestures plugin breaks scrollbar
- Context menu on link
- Accels working on contenteditable
- No html fullscreen support
- Crash after using a nick
- Updated history and macros with adodupan package
- And other things.

Locale package
For the jar file, you can get the main part from firefox in your language. The rest must be translated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 11:22AM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 2
Date: February 09, 2014 11:22AM

Contributors:
It would be good to know who is doing what.

Dev
  • Kmprefs
  • Installer
  • Search service
  • Place bookmarks
  • Macro & Skin maybe
  • Streamlining omni.ja
  • Website. (This is still here)

Locales
  • German guenter
  • Spanish
  • French jujuland
  • Russian Alex Tarantul

What more?
[*] Macro & Skin maybe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 10:58AM by Dorian.

Posted by: Leah
Date: February 09, 2014 03:12PM

The disappearance of the end line of toolbars that creates a distinctive line between the page content and interface is it like a bug or intended? if it's intended, I don't think it's visually appealing at all(at least to me). It looks as if the toolbars are cut out at the ends. Hope if it is a feature there will be a setting to restore the old toolbars.

Thanks for the great work in the development of a great browser.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 09, 2014 06:09PM

Dorian: How do I remove the "URL:" in the url bar?

Posted by: George Hall
Date: February 09, 2014 06:59PM

I dont like thhe fact that rhis versio of K-Meleon 74 uses the same method as K-Meleon 1.8.0 Develop Version to set K-Melkeon as the default Browser in the Browser Prefences.

If wanted ti use that mathod of Setting K-Meleon as the Default Browser,

I woukd be using K-Meleon 1.8.0 instead of K-Meleon 74Beta

Date: February 09, 2014 07:17PM

Leah
The disappearance of the end line of toolbars that creates a distinctive line between the page content and interface is it like a bug or intended? if it's intended, I don't think it's visually appealing at all(at least to me). It looks as if the toolbars are cut out at the ends. Hope if it is a feature there will be a setting to restore the old toolbars.

What OS ? There was two lines before, but I had to remove one for fullscreen. It's fine for me with W7.

George Hall
I dont like thhe fact that rhis versio of K-Meleon 74 uses the same method as K-Meleon 1.8.0 Develop Version to set K-Melkeon as the default Browser in the Browser Prefences.

Yes, helper.exe could be used instead. It has several command line parameters (still less option than setdefault):
/HideShortcuts
/ShowShortcuts
/SetAsDefaultAppUser
/SetAsDefaultAppGlobal

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 07:18PM by Dorian.

Date: February 09, 2014 07:19PM

Dorian
Leah

What OS ? There was two lines before, but I had to remove one for fullscreen. It's fine for me with W7.

I also notice it on Windows 7. Btw, why don't you use the version of the XUL that adodupan's build uses?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 07:21PM by Zero3K.

Date: February 09, 2014 07:20PM

I also notice it on Windows 7.

Can you make a screenshot ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 07:20PM by Dorian.

Date: February 09, 2014 07:33PM

Dorian

I also notice it on Windows 7.

Can you make a screenshot ?

Here's the link to it:

http://s27.postimg.cc/59lj7emk3/K_Meleon_K_Meleon_001.png

I have a suggestion and a bug to report:

1. It should remember the name of the saved session.
2. The Exception, etc. buttons in its Preferences (such as the one for Cookies) don't do anything when clicked on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 07:40PM by Zero3K.

Date: February 09, 2014 07:47PM

K-Meleon 74 Beta2 does not run at all when the profiles are stored in the K-Meleon 74 Program Folder in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder unless you run kmeleon.exe as an administrator or run it Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatabilty mode.

kmeleon.exe only running "Administrator Mode" or "Compatibility Mode" when wed store profiles in the K-Mleoen 74 Beta2 Program Folder is something that needs to be fixed.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 09, 2014 08:33PM

Good news, thanks!
Can we add a short note to the "Latest News" section? For example

2014-02-09: New development release K-Meleon 74 Beta2, using gecko 24.3 ESR. Announcement in Forum.

Zero3K
How do I remove the "URL:" in the url bar?

The old way was to set your preferred text in Prefs, but no idea if it still works:
F2 > GUI Appearance > Toolbars
Or try in about:config for "kmeleon.display.URLbarTitle"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 08:45PM by siria.

Date: February 09, 2014 09:00PM

George Hall
K-Meleon 74 Beta2 does not run at all when the profiles are stored in the K-Meleon 74 Program Folder in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder unless you run kmeleon.exe as an administrator or run it Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatabilty mode.

kmeleon.exe only running "Administrator Mode" or "Compatibility Mode" when wed store profiles in the K-Mleoen 74 Beta2 Program Folder is something that needs to be fixed.

I found why kmeleon.exe K-Meleon 74 Beta2 would not launch as portbale version.

The kmeleon.exe will not launch if their is no profile already in K-Meleon Program Folder.

However, it will not load that profile unlesss kmeleon.exe runs as administrator, uses Windows XP Serice Pack 3, or setturity settings of the K-Meleon 74 Beta2 Folser unless you give full control to your adminstrator User Name or full control to everyone to allow to load that profile.

The profile can be created in that folder by K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 if one of three things above are enabled.

Date: February 09, 2014 09:09PM

The accel.cfg in K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 default settings has a bug not present in the one in K-Meleon 74Beta,

When I clicked quote in the K-Meleon Forums I could not move the scroll bar up and down by dragging it up or down.

When I copied accel.cfg fro K-Meleon 74Beta into the default settings of K-Meleon 74 Beta2 that scroll bar was working again when i clicked quote in the K-Meleon Forunms.

Date: February 09, 2014 09:34PM

The toolbar.cfg in the skin AuraAlpha(Large) has a bug which iocon the "Save Page as" is a black box.

The function below is the problem or more exactly the line mainbardead.bmp[5]

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbardead.bmp[5]
}
}

The function below is what the function for "Save Page as" shoiuld look like from K-Meleon 74Beta did nit display that black icon.

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

The way should have wrote that function when you updated it in toolbars.cfg

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

To fix the problme of the line mainbarcold.bmp[5] being used twice.

Date: February 09, 2014 09:44PM

The History Icon is not displayed in K-Meleon 74 Beta2 in the Klassic Skin is caused by the function below the still treats history as plugin instead of a macro.

%ifplugin history
History{
history(View)|Histor&y
View History. Right-click for more options.
toolhot.bmp[12]
toolcold.bmp[12]
tooldead.bmp[12]
}
%endif

The function should be wrote as below in the toolbars.cfg

%ifplugin macros
History{
macros(Places_History)|Histor&y
View History. Right-click for more options.
toolhot.bmp[12]
toolcold.bmp[12]
tooldead.bmp[12]
}
%endif

I added that function to K-Meleon 74Beta to fix the missing history icon in the Klassic Skin.

Date: February 09, 2014 09:56PM

siria
Zero3K
How do I remove the "URL:" in the url bar?

The old way was to set your preferred text in Prefs, but no idea if it still works:
F2 > GUI Appearance > Toolbars
Or try in about:config for "kmeleon.display.URLbarTitle"

It doesn't work. Its set to be blank but the "URL:" text still shows.

Date: February 09, 2014 10:17PM

George Hall
The accel.cfg in K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 default settings has a bug not present in the one in K-Meleon 74Beta,

When I clicked quote in the K-Meleon Forums I could not move the scroll bar up and down by dragging it up or down.

When I copied accel.cfg fro K-Meleon 74Beta into the default settings of K-Meleon 74 Beta2 that scroll bar was working again when i clicked quote in the K-Meleon Forunms.

I was wrong about what cuased tihe scrollbar from working it is the Mouse Gestures Plugin which caused the problem with scroll bar in the K-Meleon Forums.

The scroll bar now works with gestures on a webpage.

But if the scroll bar is a box with in the webpage like a text box which we write messages in K-Mleleon Forums then that scroll bar will not work ith Gestures Enabled.

Date: February 10, 2014 05:50AM

Another issue I've been noticing is that it hangs often.

EDIT: Here's the link to a zip of a dump I made when it hanged on me:

http://d-h.st/HiA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 06:38AM by Zero3K.

Posted by: MalaOkeh
Date: February 10, 2014 10:00AM

Thx for this nice executable version. I like it, even the homepage - contrary to others.

But I have to make a remark : everything I change settings via F2 k-meleon stops and has to be shut : that is when I click on the close button below - if I click on the red x top right k-meleon continues to function.

This "bug" is there in the two 74beta versions, wasn't there in the earlier versions.

Is there a remedy for that?

Thx a lot

Mala

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 10, 2014 10:04AM

Dorian
Contributors:

I will do the German locale.

I found that using the main.kmm updated by desga2 on the 28.11.2010 will allow me to switch the language to German permanently. I did not find out why.

But I suggest we use all his 1.6 kmm and menus as basis for the current work. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

He updated e.g. mtypes.kmm to use kmprefs pref.xul item.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- mtypes Extension (MIME Type Editor) -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies : main.kmm (OpenURL)
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtypes{
macroinfo=_("Change file type settings");
$OpenURL="chrome://kmprefs/content/pref.xul?filetypes"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
#$OpenURL="chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-filetypes.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
#macros(kmPrefs(filetypes));
#$OpenURL="chrome://mtypes/content/pref/pref.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
}

# ----- PRIVATE

_mtypes_BuildMenu{
# edit menu
setmenu(Preferences,macro,"MIME T&ypes...",mtypes);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_mtypes_BuildMenu;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."mtypes;";

desga2 also updated the search engines and weeded out dead ones. I posted his work and some engines I added since in a thread recently. Maybe I should re-post so that all users can help to weed out dead engines and suggest new ones.

The minimalist FF installer is good enough for me. It saves valuable time to reuse it. The portable install option needs a warning, that You need writing privileges if it is used on HDD.

Else some DAUs will use it without privileges and then they will complain that KM does not start or that it does not update its settings.

And You should maybe include this kmm by JamesD and desga2 with macros.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# File name: troubleshooting.kmm
#
# ---------- To check for user write priviledge on current profile -----
#
# Dependencies : main.kmm
# Resources : priviledge.ini, priviledge.htm, large-alert.png
# Version : 0.3 10/30/10
# Author : JamesD & desga2 modifications
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

_Priviledge_RunCode {
macroinfo=_("Check KM profile write priviledge");
$_Priviledge_Path = getfolder(ProfileFolder);
$_Priviledge_Section = "Profile";
$_Priviledge_Key = "Current" ;
$_Priviledge_End = index($_Priviledge_Path,".");
$_Priviledge_Start = $_Priviledge_End - 1;
while($_Priviledge_Start < $_Priviledge_End) {
$_Priviledge_Char = substr($_Priviledge_Path,$_Priviledge_Start,1);
if ($_Priviledge_Char != "\\") {
$_Priviledge_Start=$_Priviledge_Start-1;
} else {
$_Priviledge_Value = substr($_Priviledge_Path,$_Priviledge_Start + 1, 8);
$_Priviledge_Start = $_Priviledge_End +1;
}
}
$_Priviledge_Path = $_Priviledge_Path . "\\Priviledge.ini";
iniwrite($_Priviledge_Section, $_Priviledge_Key, $_Priviledge_Value, $_Priviledge_Path);
macros(_Priviledge_Validate);
}

_Priviledge_Validate {
# Value remains after delete because iniread is reading cached info in registry
$_Priviledge_Value2 = iniread("","","","");
$_Priviledge_Value2 = iniread($_Priviledge_Section, $_Priviledge_Key, $_Priviledge_Value2, $_Priviledge_Path);
if ($_Priviledge_Value != $_Priviledge_Value2) {
$_Priviledge_WarnPath="about:mozilla";
opennew($_Priviledge_WarnPath);
} else {
exec("cmd /c ERASE \"".$_Priviledge_Path."\"");
exec("command /c ERASE \"".$_Priviledge_Path."\"");
statusbar(_("KM profile priviledge checked successfully"));
alert(_("KM profile priviledge checked successfully."), _("Check Priviledge"), INFO);
}
}

_Troubleshooting_BuildMenu {
setmenu(KMDocs, popup, _("Troubleshooting"), -1);
setmenu(_("Troubleshooting"), macro, _("Check Priviledge"), _Priviledge_RunCode);
}

# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
$OnInit=$OnInit."_Troubleshooting_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."Troubleshooting;";

The English.nlf of the installer needs to be in the locale package so that it can be translated.

sessions.dll and read me.html of locale are currently French not English.
Maybe change that.

p.s. siria and I are the only active German speakers left. Maybe she will help with the translation (she is a far better translator than me) but I doubt it since she could only possibly use K-Meleon if the K-Meleon exe and kplugin.dll were compiled with VC 8. She is still on Win98. No idea whether the Firefox SDK needed for VC8 can be still build from Mozilla sources. I have not tried yet.

George Hall
The toolbar.cfg in the skin AuraAlpha(Large) has a bug which iocon the "Save Page as" is a black box.

The function below is the problem or more exactly the line mainbardead.bmp[5]

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbardead.bmp[5]
}
}

The function below is what the function for "Save Page as" shoiuld look like from K-Meleon 74Beta did nit display that black icon.

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

The way should have wrote that function when you updated it in toolbars.cfg

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

To fix the problme of the line mainbarcold.bmp[5] being used twice.

Yes I know. It is my fault that mainbardead.bmp has only 3 icons. And that an icon that does not exist is in the code. I fixed this years ago in the skin I use.

But never remembered that the official version must have the same bug.sad smiley

The fix in my used skin is:

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
}

Or You can create a mainbardead.bmp that has the fifth icon.

George Hall
George Hall

I found why kmeleon.exe K-Meleon 74 Beta2 would not launch as portbale version.

The kmeleon.exe will not launch if their is no profile already in K-Meleon Program Folder.

However, it will not load that profile unlesss kmeleon.exe runs as administrator, uses Windows XP Serice Pack 3, or setturity settings of the K-Meleon 74 Beta2 Folser unless you give full control to your adminstrator User Name or full control to everyone to allow to load that profile.

The profile can be created in that folder by K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 if one of three things above are enabled.

Naturally. The portable install on HDD will either not start or not update its settings on Windows 7+ if You do not grant writing privileges to that folder or more accurately to its ./profiles... folder. & It will only start if a profile is present because You installed it as administrator but then it cannot update or change anything in it. This behavior is owed to the security features of Windows 7.

It is baically the same on any NT based Windows if You work in user not administrator mode. But it is particularly burdensome on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Because all OS settings are harder to change.

That is IMHO no bug of K-Meleon and it does not need to be fixed. We all should instead go to Seattle / MS headquarters & demonstrate for special liberties / privileges for free software. grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 01:08PM by guenter.

Date: February 10, 2014 03:25PM

guenter

I am not referring that portbale version does not has writing privileges to store profiles in the K-Meleon 74 Program Folder.

I am referring to the fact that the new kmeleon.exe has a bug in which kmeleon.exe won't run in the portable version unless you enable writing privileges after you install K-Meleon 74 Beta2.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 10, 2014 06:54PM

George Hall
guenter

I am not referring that portbale version does not has writing privileges to store profiles in the K-Meleon 74 Program Folder.

I am referring to the fact that the new kmeleon.exe has a bug in which kmeleon.exe won't run in the portable version unless you enable writing privileges after you install K-Meleon 74 Beta2.

Did the previous version start without writing rights and profile folder then?

If so it is a bug of this version.

p.s. IMHO. You have to grant rights to each new version.

AFAIK It is a MS Windows 7 system security feature that prevents that rogue programs write to another place than User Name APPDATA.

post scriptum: I doubt that we two should make a lengthy discussion about bugs here. We'd better reserve this thread to what Dorian wants to know.

Dorian
Contributors:

Sorry that I answered to Your problem/bug with the exe. I tried to verify with my Win 7 64 bit machine. But the portable setup created a profile and started.
Guess I have other settings.

With the skin. It is clearly my fault that I did not realize that I should have notified Dorian about the bug You found a long time ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 07:14PM by guenter.

Date: February 10, 2014 07:02PM

guenter
George Hall
guenter

Did the previous version start without writing rights and profile folder then?

If so it is a bug of this version.

p.s. IMHO. You have to grant rights to each new version.

AFAIK It is a MS Windows 7 system security feature that prevents that rogue programs write to another place than User Name APPDATA.

Yes the file kmeleon.exe from K-Meleon 74Beta runs in the portable version even when no writing privileges are enabled.

Posted by: Geprge Hall
Date: February 10, 2014 07:36PM

I remember kmeleon.exe starting K-Melon 74Beta starting without the least time I tried it.

But when I tried it this time it the kmeleon.exe without writing priveleges enabled but this time it did not start.

Date: February 10, 2014 07:47PM

I found why I thought kmeleon.exe runs in K-Meleon 74Beta when the portable version when wrinting priveleges are not enabled.

Becuase I tested it dfferent folder than C:\Program Files (x86) amd when it is in the program folder kmeleon.exe does not run.

However, the kmeleon.exe from K-Meleon 74d and K-Meleon 74d+1 runs even if the writing priveleges are not enabled in the program folder.

Date: February 10, 2014 08:46PM

I made K-Meleon 74Beta2 able to set k-Meleon 74Beta2 able to "Set as Default Browser" the way I want it work.

I extracted on.ni.ja adn deleted the kmrefs from K=Meleon 74Beta2

Then I copy kmprefs to K-Meleon 1.6.0beta into K-Meleon 74Beta2.

Then I edited pref-browsing.xul the function below.

setDefault: function() {
var proc = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
proc.init(getFile(getFolder("CurProcD"),"SetDefault.exe"));
proc.run(true,[pref.getCharPref("general.useragent.locale")],1);
},

Reolacing "CurProcD" with "GreD" in the line below,

proc.init(getFile(getFolder("CurProcD"),"SetDefault.exe"));

The line above now is the line below

proc.init(getFile(getFolder("GreD"),"SetDefault.exe"));

Now the function below allows SetDefault.exe to run with K-Meleoon 74Beta2 without the browser folder appearing whithout the extra KPath function.

setDefault: function() {
var proc = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
proc.run(true,[pref.getCharPref("general.useragent.locale")],1);
},

If the line below

was present since K-Meleon 1.1 then no extra function or change would be needed for SetDefault.exe to work with any version of K-Meleon 74.

"GreD" always points to folder which kmeleon.exe is located in any version of K-Meleon.

Date: February 11, 2014 05:09AM

I have another bug to report. For some reason, the k-meleon.exe!PR_Now+0xfd341 thread uses a lot of CPU usage randomly (which is causing it to slow-down, etc).

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 11, 2014 08:57AM

Alex Tarantul is working on russian locale.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 11, 2014 10:07AM

Hi,

I will work on French locale.

I have just for now a request about skins.
Except with classic, the privacy bar doesn't have text.
I have this problem since 1.60b

Is it the same under Windows, or a linux problem ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 10:08AM by JujuLand.

Date: February 11, 2014 11:08AM

JujuLand
I have just for now a request about skins.
Except with classic, the privacy bar doesn't have text.
I have this problem since 1.60b

Privacy toolbar use images because toolbars.cfg doesn't support image and text at the same time. It was different in 1.5? I don't remember.

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.