Posted by: adodupan
Date: July 30, 2014 03:38PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:15PM by adodupan.

Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: Dorian
Date: July 30, 2014 05:53PM

Zero3K
It turns out that the session order isn't saved in its preferences when the tab order is changed by dragging them to a different spot.

Probably because you're closing kmeleon right after the move.

guenter
I need Your advice. I'd like to check with two extensions what they do in K-Meleon 74. Work or do nothing and raise JS errors?

Just add in the install.rdf:
<em:targetApplication>
	<Description>
		<em:id>kmeleon@</em:id>
		<em:minVersion>74.0</em:minVersion>
		<em:maxVersion>74.0</em:maxVersion>
	</Description>
</em:targetApplication>
and kmeleon will try to load it.

But I'll change the id since it has to be a guid.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 30, 2014 08:16PM

Dorian

guenter
I need Your advice. I'd like to check with two extensions what they do in K-Meleon 74. Work or do nothing and raise JS errors?

Just add in the install.rdf:
	<Description>
	</Description>
and kmeleon will try to load it.

But I'll change the id since it has to be a guid.

Thank You for the detailed info, Dorian. I will try/use that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 08:52PM by guenter.

Posted by: naruman
Date: July 31, 2014 01:24AM

guenter

How do I activate in K-Meleon74.0Beta4+1 (Your test version that can update extensions manifests) an extension that has a folder named "check-compatibility@dactyl.googlecode.com" and inside the file "bootstrap.js" (that carries the functioanllity).

The same for an extension that has a folder named {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED} = Bluhell Firewall and inside a bootstrap.js (that carries the functioanllity). That app is a lightweight adblocker that works via a list with regular expressions. AFAI-Understand. Adblock plus lists are more resource hungry.

Both Apps have no chrome.manifest or anything similar.
Only install.rtf, licence, icon are inside the xpi.

unfortunately K-Meleon74.0Beta4+1 Still can't activate the extensions of the bootstrap type by itself.

However, you can add it manually :

1-Download a new copy of the extension.

2-open it by compressor prog & extract it's 'install.rdf'.

3-open the rdf by text editor then add km "target application" part to it :

<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
</Description>

4-Search for the extension "ID" , and copy it ( "{6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}" for Bluhell Firewall ) .

5-Save the file & add it to the original xpi file .

6-Rename the xpi file to the extension "ID" ( something Like {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi & this is very important).

7-create a new folder & rename it to "extensions" ,then add the xpi file to it .

8-put the folder in your Profile folder [K-Meleon\Profiles\your_Profile_folder] Or browser folder (less effect) .

9-Delete "startupCache" & run KM Then go to ( about:addons ).

10-Enable the extension in about:addons (it will create extensions.sqlite file) , then test the extension .

-Use this link to test "Bluhell Firewall" while it [ Enable\disable] and remember to disable ["AdBlock-Plus" & privacy\block Advertisement] .

- And if have problem in convert it , this is the "Bluhell Firewall" extension & here some photos.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: July 31, 2014 03:09AM

I tried using that method to install some extensions. Here's what I installed and how they act:

1. Greasemonkey 1.1.6 Beta 6 - When trying to view its options via about:addons, an error is shown. Also, none of the installed scripts work along with the Install button not working when installing one.

2. LastPass 3.1.1 - Its options dialog box shows up without any text and the url of it in place of what its title bar should be named. Also, its Web UI doesn't show properly.

3. Vacuum Places Improved 1.2 - It might be working but I can't tell because there's no way to view its status.

4. webmFF 0.6 (WebM for NeoGAF) - It doesn't work on the site its meant for (the WEBM links aren't showing as embedded objects).

Date: July 31, 2014 11:34AM

Zero3K
I tried using that method to install some extensions. Here's what I installed and how they act:

1. Greasemonkey 1.1.6 Beta 6 - When trying to view its options via about:addons, an error is shown. Also, none of the installed scripts work along with the Install button not working when installing one.

2. LastPass 3.1.1 - Its options dialog box shows up without any text and the url of it in place of what its title bar should be named. Also, its Web UI doesn't show properly.

3. Vacuum Places Improved 1.2 - It might be working but I can't tell because there's no way to view its status.

4. webmFF 0.6 (WebM for NeoGAF) - It doesn't work on the site its meant for (the WEBM links aren't showing as embedded objects).

Sorry. I fear my stupid question has opened the Pundora's box.sad smiley

AFAIK K-Meleon does not embed anything into any XUL windows inside the GUI.
That is Firefox tech.

The following example opens a XUL window in a (new) K-Meleon window/tab:

$OpenURL="chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-filetypes.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;

So for 1-3.) AFAIK You have to call the options from some name *.XUL via a kmm.
Take mtypes.kmm as example of a simple macro to do so and how to create a entry for it inside K-Meleon menue.

4.) Might be a plugin. Place it in the plugins folder, if it is.
If not there is little chance.

Not all extensions will work out off the box & some will never do.

I asked because of a special type.

The about:addons XUL page made available by naruman's work is a feature that is not finished. And it is AFAIK not clear whether it will ever be possible to call XUL Option windows via that panel. Because that AFAIK requires at least a limited use of Firefox GUI interfaces.

p.s. The two extensions I want to install do not have XUL Windows so they should work out of the box. If they had XUL Windows (Chrome) I would probably have known to handle my problem. I have adapted the first Firefox extension I wanted to use for a K-Meleon about ten years ago for the 0.82+ private issue by Dorian & others.

mtypes was one of the earliest XUL extensions from way back of K-Meleon 0.7 or so times. The knowledge how a firefox extension was used for K-Meleon was lost for some time after the first creator(s) of such extensions left this project.

Your question is just what Dorian saw coming and the reason why the SeaMonekey extension installer for K-Meleon 1.x was never officially released or better never included in an official release.

People will complain after they try and fail to install incompatible extensions. They cannot expect all or any features of any random SeaMonkey (now Firefox also - we override the Firefox installer mechanism) extension to work.

But they will expect this because an installer exists.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2014 01:02AM by guenter.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 01, 2014 01:55AM

It's not a big deal to press tab key to jump to the search box in history, but I tried to implement by window.document.getElementById('search-box').focus();" function in the onload section of history.xul to be focused and start searching after the history has been opened but it fails because, unless you move the mouse, the history isn't fully loaded and the search box doesn't get focus.

Without the call of that function, the history loads instantly without interaction.

JamesD, Dorian, or any other masters of XUL tongue sticking out smiley, could be implemented in next release?, how do I do by myself if not? winking smiley is this part of the whole focus problem?

Date: August 01, 2014 04:56PM

Another update
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/km74b4u4.7z

- Fixed session and tab order (again)
- Possible fix for grayed selection (out of focus) grinning smiley

Sometimes kmeleon seems to crash at startup, someone did notice that?

@zero3k
if kmeleon.tabs.useLoadingIcon is false and title does not change, tooltip will not disapear

@JohnHell
I tried printing with js and it used the same prefs.
Updated history focus

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 01, 2014 06:17PM

Great work Dorian. Update 4 fixed the history focus. Can that somehow be applied to the Error Console?

Is this just a missed letter in a function name?
Fri Aug 01 2014 14:10:38
Error: TypeError: this._releaseClipboardOwnership is not a function
Source file: chrome://history/content/controller.js
Line: 30

Date: August 01, 2014 07:13PM

naruman
unfortunately K-Meleon74.0Beta4+1 Still can't activate the extensions of the bootstrap type by itself.

However, you can add it manually :

1-Download a new copy of the extension.

2-open it by compressor prog & extract it's 'install.rdf'.

3-open the rdf by text editor then add km "target application" part to it :

<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
</Description>

4-Search for the extension "ID" , and copy it ( "{6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}" for Bluhell Firewall ) .

5-Save the file & add it to the original xpi file .

6-Rename the xpi file to the extension "ID" ( something Like {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi & this is very important).

7-create a new folder & rename it to "extensions" ,then add the xpi file to it .

8-put the folder in your Profile folder [K-Meleon\Profiles\your_Profile_folder] Or browser folder (less effect) .

9-Delete "startupCache" & run KM Then go to ( about:addons ).

10-Enable the extension in about:addons (it will create extensions.sqlite file) , then test the extension .

-Use this link to test "Bluhell Firewall" while it [ Enable\disable] and remember to disable ["AdBlock-Plus" & privacy\block Advertisement] .

- And if have problem in convert it , this is the "Bluhell Firewall" extension & here some photos.

Thank You for the detailed how to instal this type of extension.

Sorry that my exitement of a fear that came true made me miss to imidiately thynk You for You help.

@ Dorian, thank You for the update.

p.s. Lazy me. grinning smiley

I use a Firefox Nightly with "extensions.alwaysUnpack" = true to get extensions downloaded and unpacked for inspection and for K-Meleon use.

Date: August 01, 2014 10:14PM

Dorian
@JohnHell
I tried printing with js and it used the same prefs.
Updated history focus

Looks that the print worked here too now :-? didn't take the printer settings but the set settings :-?

About the histoy focus, does the same of my try, you have to move the mouse but... what I didn't notice is that even the cursor is not blinking, the search box is actually focused so you can type and search, but as the history hasn't fully loaded looks like the search box isn't focused.

Also I want to request to add the JamesD entry for open in new window (that didn't work this time when I edited history.xul, controller.js and history.dtd, I'll have to do again (I forgot to remove startupCache :madsmiling smiley), so we don't have to edit each new update. And maybe a new entry for the background window to avoid changing BACKGROUNDTAB to BACKGROUND each update.

Also a few months back deadlock sent me an email because he read me requesting the view certificate buttons when an ssl mismatch certificate. I have to replace each update in omni.ja (I forgot to replace from beta4 to beta4 udpate 4).

He sent me the fix. Looks like you knew it but were forgotting to implement the changes in netError.xhtml and netErrorApp.dtd according his mail.

Here is the patch KM74b3-p1_fix_para_SSL_certificados.7z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2014 10:15PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 01, 2014 11:27PM

JohnHell
Also I want to request to add the JamesD entry for open in new window (that didn't work this time when I edited history.xul, controller.js and history.dtd, I'll have to do again (I forgot to remove startupCache mad smiley)), so we don't have to edit each new update. And maybe a new entry for the background window to avoid changing BACKGROUNDTAB to BACKGROUND each update.

I can try to do that. There is much more to fix than what I did before. I did not fix the history.dtd file for all languages. Since I only know English, it will be hard for me to complete this. Dorian can only include this if all the language (locales) files are fixed and included.

I am not sure when I can get the time to do this. Soon, I hope.

Date: August 01, 2014 11:38PM

Zero3K
I have found another crash that is occurring in it after applying the latest update. In order to replicate it, do the following:

1. Open K-Meleon and go to Google.com.
2. Open a new tab and go to Cnn.com in it.
3. Press CTRL+W to close the tab that has loaded Cnn.com.

Dorian: Is this crash fixable or not?

Date: August 01, 2014 11:57PM

JamesD
JohnHell
Also I want to request to add the JamesD entry for open in new window (that didn't work this time when I edited history.xul, controller.js and history.dtd, I'll have to do again (I forgot to remove startupCache mad smiley)), so we don't have to edit each new update. And maybe a new entry for the background window to avoid changing BACKGROUNDTAB to BACKGROUND each update.

I can try to do that. There is much more to fix than what I did before. I did not fix the history.dtd file for all languages. Since I only know English, it will be hard for me to complete this. Dorian can only include this if all the language (locales) files are fixed and included.

I am not sure when I can get the time to do this. Soon, I hope.

You already did the job, only the window in background is missing but that shouldn't be a problem, even for me, I guess...

I was telling Dorian to include your job, nothing else smiling smiley

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 02, 2014 05:50AM

K-Meleon 74.0Beta's Update 4 seems have a problem with my previous sessions.

A Browser Windows with more than one tab sometimes after resstart only shows one of those pages.

With Update 4 maybe this other pages are not saved or not loaded after I restart the browser.

Date: August 02, 2014 07:00AM

Another bug I just noticed with the latest update is that I can no longer close the find bar by clicking the X. The only way to close it is to click its text box and press (unless the box already has focus).

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 02, 2014 09:20AM

Zero3K
Another bug I just noticed with the latest update is that I can no longer close the find bar by clicking the X. The only way to close it is to click its text box and press (unless the box already has focus).

If you press the ESC key, The Find Bar will close. which should be useful until the bug with X on the Find Bar is fixed,

Posted by: THX1138
Date: August 02, 2014 03:27PM

Yep, it just happened to me loading KM for this session. On second try, it loaded okay.

Date: August 02, 2014 03:53PM

George Hall
Zero3K

If you press the ESC key, The Find Bar will close. which should be useful until the bug with X on the Find Bar is fixed,

It doesn't ever work. The focus some times must be in the search box or ESC key won't work either.

Wrap around was fixed (search last to first match).

Date: August 02, 2014 06:43PM

Zero3K
Zero3K
I have found another crash that is occurring in it after applying the latest update. In order to replicate it, do the following:

No crash for me. Use the crash report plugin.

Since it needs a locale update, I won't. Opening a tab when notab is true open a window anyways.

Date: August 02, 2014 07:35PM

Dorian
Zero3K
Zero3K

No crash for me. Use the crash report plugin.

Since it needs a locale update, I won't. Opening a tab when notab is true open a window anyways.

The Crash Report plugin isn't working for me. I still get the standard crash dialog when using it on Windows 7 SP1.

Date: August 03, 2014 09:43AM

Zero3K
The Crash Report plugin isn't working for me. I still get the standard crash dialog when using it on Windows 7 SP1.

Try this one

THX1138

Yep, it just happened to me loading KM for this session. On second try, it loaded okay.

Did you try some addons ? I've found a problem where they could force kmeleon to shutdown at startup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2014 09:45AM by Dorian.

Date: August 03, 2014 03:18PM

Dorian
Zero3K

Try this one

It works. I noticed some things that should be fixed in it:

1. K-Meleon's icon that is used in it should have a trasparent background.
2. k-meleon should be changed to K-Meleon.

EDIT: I found another bug in it. It freezes when entering a bookmark folder's nickname and pressing Enter after locking the toolbars and restarting it.

EDIT2: For some reason, it crashes randomly after clicking No on the dialog box that is shown when loading it after it crashes. Here's the info that the Event Log states about it:
Faulting application name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53da71e9
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.30319.460, time stamp: 0x4db13576
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000210d2
Faulting process id: 0x38c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfaf66b5562176
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: f4e27f85-1b59-11e4-a883-001d60724170

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2014 10:16PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: THX1138
Date: August 04, 2014 08:33PM

Dorian
- Fixed session and tab order (again)

Indeed you did fix that little annoyance. Thank you! Now you have kept me addicted to K-Meleon for a while longer, lol.

I notice that upon reload of KM, when it restores the last session, tabs which I have closed reappear. May I suggest you update your session object at the instant of actions such as opening or closing tabs, so that the current state is recorded immediately? This way, barring a system error, the session data is kept constantly current.

Is there a plan to ever record and restore the scroll state of tabs?

Date: August 04, 2014 10:44PM

Zero3K

I was wrong. naruman fixed enough of the about:addons page to use that Xulrunner/Firefox tech to load the options/prefs of extensions. Provided they are well constructed and do not require things that are not present in K-Meleon.

1.) GreaseMonkey 1.1.5 is the version that supports GRE 20 plus.

Its file ./content/options.xul references

<!ENTITY % preferencesDTD SYSTEM "chrome://browser/locale/preferences/preferences.dtd">

K-Meleon does not have that Firefox file. Missing is just a single entity definition from that file.

<!ENTITY prefWindow.titleWin "Options">

Edit <!ENTITY % greasemonkeyDTD SYSTEM "chrome://greasemonkey/locale/greasemonkey.dtd"> add that entity to the en-US version of that file or whatever language You use and the options menue will work. Or add the Firfox file to the appropriate location in K-Meleon's ./browser/omni.ja.

I did not fix or test the rest. If You have further problems use Console to find and fix your problems. You will constantly encounter and fix this sort of error when You install random Firefox extensions without the complete or much of the Firefox Chrome.

2.) Last Pass writes some Preference values when it is installed. IMHO the two crippling JavaScript errors come from that. But I do not know enough to be sure.

3.) Why don't You check manually whether it compakts the files?

4.) K-Meleon 74 can IMHO play http://www.webmfiles.org/demo-files/. I did not try before I installed the extension but after. I did not find that filetype on the site You mentioned.

p.s. To prepare extensions for install with K-Meleon 74 best use a FF where You toggled extensions.alwaysUnpack to true. That way Firefox unpacks and names the extensions so that You only have to edit the install.rdf.

K-Meleon usually deletes any *.xpi that it finds in profile dir sub folder called extensions. Bluhell's {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi was the only extension that so far installed without being unpacked. And it was the only one not deleted when found there.

Deleting any files was not needed.

I test installed 3 Extension with chrome and Options/Pref Xul. FasterFox 3.9.85. Right to Click 2.9.5 and JasonView. And some of the bootstrap type without Chrome.

BluHell Firewall seems to work as a cut price (less resources used) substitute VW for the blocker-flagship AdBlockPlus. Like a Bentley Adblock Plus has all whistles and uses many resources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 10:52PM by guenter.

Date: August 05, 2014 03:40PM

Zero3K
Dorian
Zero3K

Try this one

It works. I noticed some things that should be fixed in it:

1. K-Meleon's icon that is used in it should have a trasparent background.
2. k-meleon should be changed to K-Meleon.

EDIT: I found another bug in it. It freezes when entering a bookmark folder's nickname and pressing Enter after locking the toolbars and restarting it.

EDIT2: For some reason, it crashes randomly after clicking No on the dialog box that is shown when loading it after it crashes. Here's the info that the Event Log states about it:
Faulting application name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53da71e9
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.30319.460, time stamp: 0x4db13576
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000210d2
Faulting process id: 0x38c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfaf66b5562176
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: f4e27f85-1b59-11e4-a883-001d60724170

Dorian: Did you get the crash report I sent via the plugin? Also, will you fix any of the bugs I mentioned in this post?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2014 03:40PM by Zero3K.

Date: August 05, 2014 04:01PM

I remembered today again a reported issue. The ID_COPY_IMAGE_CONTENT doesn't work.

I stopped trying to use it because I knew it was broken. I just tried today and still was broken.

I don't remember if you said it couldn't be fixed. Without any hurry, maybe for the RC smiling smiley

Date: August 05, 2014 07:47PM

I can confirm. The ID_COPY_IMAGE_CONTENT doesn't work.

Date: August 05, 2014 08:23PM

I was researching some things about languages other than English and I noticed that the main menu when using ru or zn-CH only displayed ??..??s on my system. Can anyone confirm or explain this for me.

This is shown in KM 74 Beta 4 update 4.
ru

zn-CH

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: August 06, 2014 04:45AM

James,
the main menu could display normally in my XP SP3 system,but the tips of toolbar buttons just shown in english no matter which language you choose!

This is shown in K-Meleon 74 Beta 4 update 4.
zh-CN

ru

Edit:The "OK" and "Cancel" bottons of prompt box couldn't show the according locale texts.
en-US

zh-CN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 07:17AM by Chanson Yu.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.