Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 74 RC 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 15, 2014 05:11PM

adodupan
You have already made ​​the first serious move with addons manager, second is customize of toolbar buttons (theme, skin), go to ff\view\toolbars\customize.
I have not tried this, but i'm pretty sure i can get this xul window with icons in km. Serious cut and hard work means that we should rewrite toolbars.dll file.

It's not just toolbars, you need a way to get all commands from macros and plugins and rewrite how commands are handled by kmeleon. This is something I've begun to work on before 1.6 but still far to be done.

adodupan
My next suggestion is that km should use xul windows instead of cpp. Without exception. This means the same approach to localization as ff's. I have not looked into cpp for kml, but dtd and properties should be standard in macrolanguage.

xul windows were replaced because they were buggy and slow. It's better now but still, can you fix
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,128577,128997#msg-128997 ?

adodupan
Also, km needs better pref panel.

I agree, but someone need to replace kko. If it was just me, I would take about:pref and adapt it to kmeleon.

The problem with addons is that they are so linked to firefox interface, there is no way in most case to make they work correctly with kmeleon. It would be easier to adapt chrome extensions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 15, 2014 05:46PM

history window

The tooltip (mouse over) that shows the url cuts the url if is longer than X characters (width of the tooltip I guess).

Feature or something to fix?

EDIT: I meant history window no bookmarks so sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 05:47PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 15, 2014 09:29PM

I tend to agree with George Hall. If I wanted FF then I would load it. I don't oppose all change, but if it is not broken, then don't fix it.

Date: September 15, 2014 09:42PM

John Hell
history window

The tooltip (mouse over) that shows the url cuts the url if is longer than X characters (width of the tooltip I guess).

John, my tooltip for a site in the history window runs 5 lines and seems to show all the title (4 lines) and the URL (1 line). Which version of KM are you using? I am using KM 74 RC2 u1 on Win 7.

Edit:
After looking again at my history I found a very long URL. It had approximately 35 character in the center of the URL replaced by "...".

I guess that URLs can't break and wrap because they don't have spaces within the string? The other lines in that tooltip always seem to break on a space or a hyphen.

This may be something that can be fixed. I just don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 10:47PM by JamesD.

Date: September 15, 2014 10:51PM

JamesD
John Hell
history window

John, my tooltip for a site in the history window runs 5 lines and seems to show all the title (4 lines) and the URL (1 line). Which version of KM are you using? I am using KM 74 RC2 u1 on Win 7.

Edit:
After looking again at my history I found a very long URL. It had approximately 35 character in the center of the URL replaced by "...".

I guess that URLs can't break and wrap because they don't have spaces within the string? The other lines in that tooltip always seem to break on a space or a hyphen.

This may be something that can be fixed. I just don't know.

You edited just after I quoted you hehe.

Ok, if then is not an OS (I tested in XP too, just in case), as I was going to say... something else might be:

But I don't think are symbols. That url has been cut in a looong alphanumeric string, and doesn't continue at the end of it but way beyond it.

Cut because it doesn't fit, looks like...

The full string:
vid2.ec.dmcdn.net/sec(f5d77e7a77e31d5e2056fe541a363a8b)/video/892/351/128153298_mp4_h264_aac_hd_2.flv

(removed http:// to avoid clicking as this is a tricky way to get dailymotion videos)

LAST EDIT, I PROMISE: I'm using the lastest version with updates as you: RC2u1.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 10:55PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 16, 2014 12:33AM

Just a suggestion to add those crucial basics on the README-page:

- In K-Meleon buttons with additional menu are *not* marked with little arrows at the side. They open by right-click.
Or :
- In K-Meleon all buttons can have 2 functions: a command on left-click and an additional menu on right-click. Those buttons are *not* marked with little arrows at the side. You can easily add own menus to almost any button yourself.

- If a website layout looks faulty, it may help to switch the user agent by (...?...)

And perhaps to remove the link to the extremely old and misleading manual? There are still enough links to other outdated wiki pages, for example the "documention" page which also contains a link to that manual.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 09:36AM by siria.

Posted by: DAC324
Date: September 16, 2014 03:10PM

siria

And perhaps to remove the link to the extremely old and misleading manual? There are still enough links to other outdated wiki pages, for example the "documention" page which also contains a link to that manual.

Seems that the entire K-Meleon pages need an overhaul. Most of them are from before 2005 thus more than nine years old. In addition, I would suggest moving the old forum threads from that time to some kind of archive so they do not clutter up the current forum.

There are, however, even new pages which contain errors. Example: The FAQ, item "Is K-Meleon dead?" There, reference is made to a "cumulative update" to RC2. But the link seems to be broken as it opens a reply window instead of the original forum message.

Kind regards,

DAC324

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 16, 2014 06:06PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 11:59AM by adodupan.

Date: September 16, 2014 06:59PM

DAC324
Seems that the entire K-Meleon pages need an overhaul. Most of them are from before 2005 thus more than nine years old.

Yes, but that's not going to change soon. No one here who can do it, either lacking time or knowledge. I just wish at least the entry page to the manual could have a big warning that it's obsolete or outdated, although parts of it may still be valid.

DAC324
The FAQ, reference is made to a "cumulative update" to RC2. But the link seems to be broken as it opens a reply window instead of the original forum message.

That was me, and it's intentional - a workaround. Because the wiki cannot link directly to single postings buried in the middle of a thread, since the URL contains #-sign. Perhaps there is trick, but I couldn't find one - anyone know one?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 07:05PM by siria.

Date: September 16, 2014 09:47PM

Here the final release unless I forgot something.

Fixed history back menu not opening the correct page and kmeleon not sending the correct locale to website.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 16, 2014 10:00PM

Dorian

Fixed history back menu not opening the correct page and kmeleon not sending the correct locale to website.

What about fixing the "favicon losing color after multiple saves/loads" issue and some of the crashes I've sent info about via the crash reporting tool?

EDIT:

1. Also, there's a bug with the saving of Sessions. Try opening the K-Meleon session provided by the linked contents of the Prefs.js, saving that session under a different name after going to a different site in one of the open tabs and loading that session:

http://pastebin.com/WFqi5tUv

2. The padding of the toolbars should be removed when they're locked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 10:20PM by Zero3K.

Date: September 16, 2014 10:40PM

Dorian

Well, a couple of things, but I can consider cosmetics (as the history thing I told above) and not actual functionality, so THANK YOU for bringing K-meleon to be usable with the latest Gecko versions. Now the web is more usable with K-meleon thanks to you.

What now? Updates of Gecko versions? You told something about 30 in the past.

Dorian

That was a regresion, right? I remembered that, but in some version was fixed too.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 16, 2014 11:00PM

Dorian

Thank You for all Your efforts.

Date: September 17, 2014 04:44PM

Zero3K
1. Also, there's a bug with the saving of Sessions.

Look like I forgot to include the fix for this regression.

Zero3K
But then the size of 1 toolbar must be increased, the question is which one.

JohnHell
What now? Updates of Gecko versions? You told something about 30 in the past.

I have a working version with 31esr.

JohnHell
Dorian

That was a regresion, right? I remembered that, but in some version was fixed too.

Since early beta at least.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 17, 2014 04:51PM

Dorian
Zero3K
1. Also, there's a bug with the saving of Sessions.

Look like I forgot to include the fix for this regression.

Zero3K
But then the size of 1 toolbar must be increased, the question is which one.

1. Has it been added to the final version or will it be provided as an update?
2. Why does the size of one toolbar have to be increased in order to do that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 04:52PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 17, 2014 04:57PM

Dorian

I have a working version with 31esr.

I wonder whether it is still so much trouble to transfer the K-Meleon to a new version? :s

Can there be a general solution like no version specific calls in K-meleon?:drool:

Date: September 17, 2014 05:43PM

Oh, sounds like a good time for wishes now? :cool: grinning smiley

For example one of the things I've been wishing a long time is a possibility to include toolbar.cfg-snippets with a macro. Probably rather easy, could be similar to the anyname.js-files in default-prefs-folder, there could be a collection of anyname.cfg-s in the skins default folder. Creating single buttons with a macro is no prob, but for example an extended privbar gets quite complicated if the user shall still choose his own buttons.

And of course would like some more plugin fixes like correct rebarmenu-checkmarks, and more functions for favorites and sessions plugin etc. But not even sure if macrolanguage still works, or if yes, how long it will keep working in future versions. Anyway, for now I'll have to finally start unburying my other emergency notebook, sigh, to examine at least the offline functions like skins and UA. The unorganized skin folders in KM74 still keep confusing me, still wondering if all variations really work as expected.

Date: September 17, 2014 08:17PM

siria
And of course would like some more plugin fixes like correct rebarmenu-checkmarks, and more functions for favorites and sessions plugin etc. But not even sure if macrolanguage still works, or if yes, how long it will keep working in future versions. Anyway, for now I'll have to finally start unburying my other emergency notebook, sigh, to examine at least the offline functions like skins and UA. The unorganized skin folders in KM74 still keep confusing me, still wondering if all variations really work as expected.

Which checkmark for rebarmenu is not functioning for you? What additional function in Favorites is required?

I solved the organization of my custom skin by using my skinswitch system to create an ini with the position and visibility values and copying those values to a skin.js file in the skin folder. Now when I change to "MyKlassic" skin all the confusion is gone and the placement of the toolbars is just as I planned. Note, Klassic does not have a skin.js file.

Is there any way we can safely exchange e-mail addresses? Perhaps with Guenter's help?

Date: September 17, 2014 10:31PM

Zero3K
1. Has it been added to the final version or will it be provided as an update?
2. Why does the size of one toolbar have to be increased in order to do that?

1. Will be added
2. Set kmeleon.display.lockedToolbarAlt to false and you'll understand

About the crashes, I've fixed what I could. Most of them are due to mozjs, flash, graphic drivers and I've even saw a video codec crash.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: September 18, 2014 01:02AM

Dorian

hopefully there will be an official announcement for the final release of K-meleon 74 on the web site soon.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: September 18, 2014 03:36AM

The AuraAlpha(Large) skin has a problem with favorites and opera toolbar,

I moved them below the bookmarks toolbar with every toolbar enabled.

Then when I restarted the browser favorites and opera toolbar were above the bookmarks toolbar

Posted by: naruman
Date: September 18, 2014 06:01PM

Dorian, i added new page in km Wiki about Jsbridge and i hope if you could checking it for any errors , or something .

So far it's in section 'ReferenceManual ' , which is still "Under construction' .

And also i updated wikipedia page on the part of Release history .
Which was ended at km 1.7 .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 09:43PM by naruman.

Date: September 18, 2014 07:12PM

I will not use K-Meleon 74.1 because it will be based on Firefox 31

Froe the version history located here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Meleon#Release_history

Their ore other browsers based on Firefox Australis which I do not install.

One the MAJOR reason I uses K-Mleoen 74 is it not based on Firefox Australis.

Firfox 29 and break a lot of adons which each new version which have to be completely rewitied to support the crsppy new browser.

That is why have Frefox 28 and Pae Moon to complete avoid anythibg related to the Australis as alternatives to Firefox 30+

Date: September 18, 2014 08:31PM

George Hall
I will not use K-Meleon 74.1 because it will be based on Firefox 31

Froe the version history located here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Meleon#Release_history

Their ore other browsers based on Firefox Australis which I do not install.

One the MAJOR reason I uses K-Mleoen 74 is it not based on Firefox Australis.

Firfox 29 and break a lot of adons which each new version which have to be completely rewitied to support the crsppy new browser.

That is why have Frefox 28 and Pae Moon to complete avoid anythibg related to the Australis as alternatives to Firefox 30+

But, George, Australis is the interface, not the core (Gecko/GRE). And I would say that it's not its interface, just the new Firefox shell.

I don't think K-meleon will change its interface, one of its main features.

Or will do?

(I don't like Australis either but... it's the trend for main browsers)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 08:34PM by JohnHell.

Date: September 18, 2014 09:49PM

It's probably exactly the people who hate "Australis", the "modernized" Opera and the other "trendy" main browsers who drop them and go looking for alternatives - like KM smiling smiley With those who do like those stupid fashions KM could never compete anyway, being only a bad copy and soon dead. But I don't expect KM to go down that way anyway smiling smiley

Personally I refuse to use any other browser, because they absolutely do not meet my needs. When I just looked at one and saw it had not even a menu anymore, it's already useless! I need MENUS and I need BUTTONS, not searching endlessly frustrated in some hidden depths for the command just needed, then finding it doesn't exist! Cannot understand how others can do without it. And when I tried a few other browsers anyway, because needed some fallback browser, they were partly much nicer to customize (like color-definition in FF etc.), but overall I kept missing my very personal customizing possibilities, the slender buttons, the easy menu tweaks, the dead-easy right-click menus on all buttons I'd like to use, etc. Sure I can do macros unlike most others and a bit styling but even if not, I'd much rather ask in the KM forum for a little help and then get my special wishes fulfilled. And simple things like changing hard-coded paths in a macro or such everyone can really do himself.

Date: September 18, 2014 10:28PM

For me using the firefox 31 engine ia the same thing as suporting the Austrlis Interface.

I do not want anthing do with Australis including the browser engine.

If wanted the Firefox Engine 31 engine I would install firefox 31.0esr.

Date: September 18, 2014 10:54PM

George Hall
For me using the firefox 31 engine ia the same thing as suporting the Austrlis Interface.

I usdate Firefox 74.0 with hooly Version of Firefox 24.7.0ESR Pre located at http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-esr24/

It updates The Gecko Emgine 24.7.0 RSR Pre Release nightly.

Date: September 18, 2014 11:14PM

George Hall
George Hall

I usdate Firefox 74.0 with hooly Version of Firefox 24.7.0ESR Pre located at http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-esr24/

It updates The Gecko Emgine 24.7.0 RSR Pre Release nightly.

I tried this engine and it works perfectly if you use plugin-container.exe and plugin-hang-ui.exe from K-Meleon 74.0.

Those two file are necessary becuase only becuase flash plugin worrks correctly with out them.

Every other file in the root folder is replaceable including onmi.ja if unpack it and repack it as a solod archve where file are stored and not compressed.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 19, 2014 07:33AM

JujuLand
Another bug, old too,, is the problem to set toolbars location.
Impossible to set it with mouse, and I must do it manually in prefs.js.
A real pain ...
Dorian
Since when? Looking at the prefs, the go buttons doesn't seem to be saved at all.

To solve the problem, I have set what I want in skin.js.
Else, the value I choose manually or with mouse where systematically and automatically bypassed by skin.js values.

You can have a look on this little video.

Another bug, visibility on/off doesn't work anymore:

This last bug is new since RC (I think)
The first bug is older (since 74 beta ?)

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: adXok
Date: September 19, 2014 08:03AM

Hi, guys

Does the audio Translator button in Google translate work for you in this version of K-meleon. Seems mine does'n work yet it works in IE and SeaMonkey.

Can anyone one of you confirm or is there any settings I should tweak or tick/untick?

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.