Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: K-Meleon 75 Beta 1
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 26, 2014 09:21PM

myself
Has any reported that the menuchecked feature in items in Tools > Privacy is overridden by the icon used in the privacy bar but the icon is always presented as 'COLD' regardless of the item's state?

I know how to fix the problem of the menuicons bleeding over the privacy menu items. I am just not sure if Dorian would embrace the idea or want to shoot me. I kept wondering why User Agent worked right and the privacy items did not.

When I made the pref_toggle macro for User Agent ( see uamain.kmm), I was putting "pref_ToggleUAmode" in the system as an afterthought. The corresponding macro in useragentmode.kmm is "useragentmode_Toggle". They have similar results but different names. I attached the menu icon to "pref_ToggleUAmode", so the menuchecked() in "useragentmode_Toggle" is not affected.

For the items in Privacy there is only one macro. It is used for both Privacy Bar and Privacy menu.

The fix would be to make another set of macros for the Privacy Bar so the original macros could do the menuchecked() while the new ones would be entered into skin.cfg.

I might post this. Even an Exoset missile won't reach from France to North Carolina. I hope . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 27, 2014 02:06AM

The test was successful. It required changes to skin.cfg and toolbars.cfg and one additional macro module named pbt.kmm. Again I did not wish anyone testing this to be required to modify their main.kmm file.

Klassic2 skin for KM 75:
https://copy.com/9OKXTArssEl9LKmk

The items in the privacy bar no longer replace the menuchecked value in the Tools > Privacy menu.

Date: December 27, 2014 03:10AM

Just in case my previous solution is accepted, I think I have a way to greatly reduce the number of lines of code necessary to make it work.

Give each of the existing macros, red text, an alias. It should only require three lines of additional code, blue text, for each macro.

Example:
prefTB_ToggleAnimation{
macroinfo=_("Toggle image animation");
pref_ToggleAnimation{
macroinfo=_("Toggle image animation");
menuchecked=(getpref(STRING,$pref_Animation)=="none");
togglepref(STRING,$pref_Animation,"normal","none"); &_pref_SyncButtons;
statusbar(sub("%s",getpref(STRING,$pref_Animation)=="none"?$off:$on,_("Image animation %s")));
}  
}

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 28, 2014 08:59PM

JohnHell
JohnHell
I've been all the week without even switching on the PC, so, I hope is not late:

Dorian
JohnHell
Are you having the same issue that, quite often, but not much, K-meleon process keep open and, therefore, you can't open again unless you kill the process?

In the last minutes I had happening to me 3 times visiting groups.gooogle.com and the global stats page of statcounter gs.statcounter.com.

Are you able to reproduce it? It happened to me once, but couldn't reproduce it so far. Could be the same problem than Zero3K.

I can't recall if sometimes I close by mouse, others by keyboard and that ends in a process kept open. Usually I close by mouse in the close button. Unless I have to go so quick and I Exit K-meleon with the keyboard shourcut.

Could be the same as Zero3k. I'll keep eyes open and close only by keyboard.

I can't reproduce it, but the last week I was visiting sites with huge javascript load as eBay and it was so common to close K-meleon without the process to close.

But it isn't something about open a page and then close, but browsing for a longer session (various open/close pages and in eBay I did a lot). Note also that I don't use tabs. I may be the only one in the forum, but I use K-meleon in "Window mode".

Nah, closing with mouse, closing with keyboard shortcuts..., there is no change. The process keeps.

Yesterday I forgot to check if K-meleon process closed, and when switching off Windows appeared the process closer helper with the message for close nsAppShell:EventWindow.

I couldn't take an snapshoot as when Windows closes doesn't let start applications.

Hope this helps, Dorian, but I guess it is a common windows error :/

In some pages it is said that it is because a plugin. The only plugin installed recently was Real (Real Alternative, not the full player) and was installed before I started using K-meleon 75. In K-meleon 74 I hadn't problems.

I'll rename the Real plugin to avoid using it, and I'll edit this to report if it solves something.

EDIT: finally the process hang there. So no Real player plugin. Aside the updates of Flash player, that most of times isn't loaded as I have flash block enabled, there isn't any other plugin updates and with the left, K-meleon 74 didn't have troubles.

I see that most of the times is due high javascript usage, such as sites like the NASA Worldview, but not ever with these sites, or... well, I can't track every site I visit to say, could be this one that loads this thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 12:21AM by JohnHell.

Date: December 31, 2014 03:57PM

At this point, after find a way to reproduce it with Flickr, must be a Windows 2000 wrapping problem as I can't replicate on XP.

In the end, I have a .dwi file from Dependency Walker I captured in Windows 2000 testing with the Flickr procedure. As there is [what I consider] too much personal information in a .dwi, I'd only send to you if you are really interested in it, Dorian, if you don't mind that it is a Windows 2000 system and with wrappers and that may end in my own problem and nothing related to K-meleon, even Zero3k is running Windows 7.

The sad thing is that I'll to live with this error in Windows 2000 sad smiley

Even fixed in gecko, I found this bug interesting:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=448104

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2014 04:14PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: gordon451
Date: January 04, 2015 11:36PM

Merry New Year to all -

John - I have sort of the same problem in W7HPx64 SP1. Sometimes I'll close K-M, then later open it again, it often comes back saying it didn't close properly and would I like to use the previous session? Other times it will load and run with no problems, then do strange things. Then I open Task Manager and find I've got two or three instances running...

FWIW, on my user account I use Classic Menu, and my Desktop is set to Classic so it looks and feels like W2K grinning smiley It is possible that the display settings may be contributing to your problem, I'm fairly sure it causes mine.

I'm still ankle-deep (nose down to the grindstone, rear-end up) in work, so I cannot contribute as much as I want to. But it's good for the Compulsory Superannuation :cool:

Gordon.

Date: January 05, 2015 02:20PM

LOL, so in Windows 7 you can have several hanged processes from the same executable (exe/path) without noticing it!!! except for the alerts.

Wow, that's crazy. More if we count on that each process, when hangs, has over 100MB of RAM allocated.

At least in Windows 2000, if the K-meleon process hangs, you can't open K-meleon again because a K-meleon.exe process is still running. Probably I could do with the -new parameter but I haven't tested that.

About the classic theme, is why I posted the bug reference. Because the EventWindow error I posted above pointed me to that bug. Looks that it may be related to uxtheme.dll and theming experience. Probably in Windows 7 too. Who knows :-?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 10, 2015 04:59PM

adodupan
Dorian, i can send you code, but if your code works, you just show us your 'basic test'.

The following work: (with the 'test' from my exemple)
KMeleon.SetMenu("MailNews", KMeleon.MENU_COMMAND, "Coucou", "test");
KMeleon.SetMenu("MailNews", KMeleon.MENU_COMMAND, "", "test");

adodupan
When i use a function AddButton, the images are rotated.

WFM. Try again when beta2 is released

adodupan
Also, how to get an image from png files with several images inside.

In beta2 the icon parameter can be an object:
{path:'myimage.png', top:16,left:16,right:32,bottom:32}

Posted by: adodupan
Date: January 11, 2015 07:15PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:09PM by adodupan.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 12, 2015 05:09PM

Dorian,
what about Print Preview option in KM75?

Date: January 12, 2015 10:04PM

Another bug:

Clicking in the details tab of a certificate (you can try with a CA certificate if you don't have your own) makes K-meleon 75b1u1 to crash.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 13, 2015 05:48PM

adodupan
Is this address alive
blist _at_ free.fr

Yes

rodocop
Dorian,
what about Print Preview option in KM75?

I'll look at it again

JohnHell
Another bug:

Clicking in the details tab of a certificate (you can try with a CA certificate if you don't have your own) makes K-meleon 75b1u1 to crash.

Already reported and fixed

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.