Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: K-Meleon 75 Beta 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 27, 2015 07:56PM

KMfan2
Another bug (i don't know if it was posted before) : When selecting some text on a webpage and then focusing on other page, then go back on the first page we can't select other text, the selected text remains selected. I will post here an example : sample it's a romanian site, just go down and selectt some text, then opena new tab and some webpage, then go back and forward (sometimes it doesn't behave like a bug) .

Probably because of the cpu usage fix. The selection is in fact working, but the display is not updated.

KMfan2
Another bug. Latest update.
The video on this page page does not show even with all permisions (java, flash etc). On older 74 it works. Just go down on page and video will apear after "Nice B a pierdut totuÅŸi"

WFM

JamesD
The error:
Tue Jan 27 2015 10:55:14
Error: Wrong number of arguments - expected 3, found 2.
setcmdicon()

You can ignore the error, just a little mistake.

rodocop
'My' bug (about text input fields) still exists.

But it works now with gmail :s

JamesD
When changing from en-US to Spanish using preferences panel, I got this. I also had similar panel when trying French.

I've only got the chinese translation so far.
To the translators, there isn't much to do and I don't think i'll make more changes so .. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: chinarobin
Date: January 28, 2015 02:19AM

JamesD
Yogi
KM75_b2u1
Images on PrivBar don't change when toggling prefs.

I concur. Images on Privacy Bar will change upon mouseover, but do not reflect the state of the pref they reference.

same for me here, block popups java,etc do not work.

Posted by: KMfan2
Date: January 28, 2015 05:57AM

This is a website http://www.q.uora.com/What-is-Murphys-Law-How-is-it-related-to-the-Interstellar-film (the editor forbids me to enter the website, just delete the dot after q) where right click menu doesn't work as supposed and by that i mean selecting some text then right click and Web search... or Translation... It is treating the selected text asa url link !

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 28, 2015 12:32PM

Dorian

rodocop
'My' bug (about text input fields) still exists.

Yes, it works! Thank you! Is there a way get the same result on other webmails?

May be using some sort of user CSS?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 28, 2015 09:15PM

This may have been covered before, and I just did not understand.

I am trying to use 'setcmdicon' to change the image on a button created by a macro. I have two problems.

The first is that the change that takes place does not appear until I create a second window.

The second is that I do not see the correct image when the second or third window is opened.

The problem may be my code and not KM75b2u1.

My code and icons are here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/K75t.7z

This picture shows what is happens:

Posted by: Rain
Date: January 28, 2015 09:58PM

Thanks for the update Dorian, but mostly, thank you for editing your first post and adding in it the small update, instead of creating a new thread. Makes it easier for fellas like to to find them. Cheers!

Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 28, 2015 10:19PM

KMfan2
right click menu doesn't work as supposed and by that i mean selecting some text then right click and Web search... or Translation... It is treating the selected text asa url link !

Fixed for next update

rodocop
Dorian

Yes, it works! Thank you! Is there a way get the same result on other webmails?

May be using some sort of user CSS?

Which webmails?
I've set "contenteditable" to trigger the menu for gmail

JamesD
The first is that the change that takes place does not appear until I create a second window.

The second is that I do not see the correct image when the second or third window is opened.

1. Refresh problem I need to fix.
2. onelook image is not set correctly because of a bug with image size detection
Nothing wrong with your macro, except a missing ')' line 39

Date: January 29, 2015 02:08PM

Dorian
Which webmails?
I've set "contenteditable" to trigger the menu for gmail

Well, I've found that it fixes mail.ru as good as gmail, but mail on yandex.ru still doesn't allow calling of correct context-menu.

I understand that you aren't registered on yandex, so I've screenshoted the code of message-composing area in Chrome Web Inspector (even Firebug Lite and other bookmarklets do not work there on Yandex pages!) - may be this will help you to understand the problem.

I see that they use TinyMCE as coding tool.
CLICKABLE!!!

Thank you for all your efforts!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 02:09PM by rodocop.

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: January 30, 2015 02:03PM

The boolean values plugins.click_to_play = true and media.windows-media-foundation.enabled = false shoukd be added to kmeleon.js as default valuess for K-Meleon 75 for two reasons.

1. plugins.click_to_play = true should be added
Becuase in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta Versions, plugins can only use "Always Activate" or "Never Activate" by adding plugins.click_to_play = true.
The plunins now will have the option "Ask to Activate" just like K-Meleon 74.0

2 media.windows-media-foundation.enabled = false should be added
Because soem MP4 Videss will only play with the HTMl5 player even if the Flash Plugin is enabled in K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75 Beta versions
And those MP4 videos using the HTML5 Player will not be blocked with with Flashblock in K-Meleon 74.0 and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta Versions

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 30, 2015 07:14PM

A quick question.

I'm quite disconnected these days, and I haven't done anything with K-meleon, so a question:

was in beta2 update 1 added the fix for the javascript GRE bug for enable disable? I didn't read any "log" about the update.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: February 01, 2015 12:55PM

No.

Date: February 01, 2015 01:00PM

George_Hall

Does that option work in KM 74 for you?
I'm asking because it doesn't for me.

Date: February 01, 2015 02:58PM

Yogi
George_Hall

Does that option work in KM 74 for you?
I'm asking because it doesn't for me.

Ask to Activate" works for me in K-Meleon 74.0 when I use about:config and toggle or set that boolean vlaue for plugins.click_to_play to true.

However, that is sone you have to uses about:addons and select plugins. Then their is a list plugins you now set to can set "Ask to Activate'.

If you set plugins.click_to_play to false by mistake you lose the option of "Ask to Activate

K-Meleon 74.0 ma have it already have Ask to Activate" enabled.by default

K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 1n and K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 2doe not have plugins.click_to_play by default.

So K-Meleon 75 Beta 1 and K-Meleon 75.0 Betya 2 do not list of plugnis do not havr 'Ask to Activate" listed as na options for the plugins unless you manually set plugins.click_to_play to true.

Date: February 01, 2015 05:43PM

I have already set the boolean value for plugins.click_to_play to true. Default is "false".
I didn't know about the setting in "about:addons". Now it is set for "Ask to Activate". Thanks for the hint.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. Something on my end but I don't know what.
I can't see nowhere on the screen where to activate. See image below:
http://i.imgur.com/a38EeIA.jpg

???

(In Firefox I have no need for Flashblock, "click to activate" does the job for me.)

Date: February 01, 2015 09:46PM

Yogi
I have already set the boolean value for plugins.click_to_play to true. Default is "false".
I didn't know about the setting in "about:addons". Now it is set for "Ask to Activate". Thanks for the hint.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. Something on my end but I don't know what.
I can't see nowhere on the screen where to activate. See image below:
http://i.imgur.com/a38EeIA.jpg

???

(In Firefox I have no need for Flashblock, "click to activate" does the job for me.)

That could be caused by youtube becuase youtube added a background to theater-background to ther videos whuch causes problems for flash block http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,131840

Maybe theater-background could be causing problems fro your click to play for youtune videos.

Disabling flash block or adding youtube.com###theater-background to Adblock Block Plus http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,131840,131871#msg-131871 may fix your problem with click to play on K-Meleon 74.0

Or K-Meleon 74.0 already had "click to activate" as one of the options and plugins.click_to_play could be messing up click to play.

If plugins.click_to_play is causing the problem delete user_pref("plugins.click_to_play", true); from prefs.js under your K-Meleon 74.0 Profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 09:56PM by George_Hall.

Date: February 01, 2015 10:28PM

George_Hall
Maybe theater-background could be causing problems fro your click to play for youtune videos.
I already have the userContent.css for that. Otherwise Flashblock wouldn't work on YouTube. It does.
For testing plugins.click_to_play I have disabled Flashblock.

George_Hall
Disabling flash block or adding youtube.com###theater-background to Adblock Block Plus http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,131840,131871#msg-131871 may fix your problem with click to play on K-Meleon 74.0
Since I use Proxomitron to block ads, I have no use for Adblock Plus.
So I will continue to use Flashblock.

George_Hall
Or K-Meleon 74.0 already had "click to activate" as one of the options and plugins.click_to_play could be messing up click to play.
It doesn't have that option.

George_Hall
If plugins.click_to_play is causing the problem delete user_pref("plugins.click_to_play", true); from prefs.js under your K-Meleon 74.0 Profile.
It doesn't cause problems, just doesn't have any effect.

I tested now with DailyMotion clips. I can't make "Ask to Activate" work.
So it's not only YouTube. I can't figure out why.

Flashblock worked fine on all sites I've tested.

Date: February 01, 2015 11:45PM

Yogi

It doesn't cause problems, just doesn't have any effect.

I tested now with DailyMotion clips. I can't make "Ask to Activate" work.
So it's not only YouTube. I can't figure out why.

Flashblock worked fine on all sites I've tested.

Maybee for your pref.js, a bad extension, or one your other files is corrupt in your K-Meleon 74.0 Profile is corrupt.

WQhen all else fai;ls a new profile can fix a problem in Firefox,

So new profile in the K-Meleon Browser may fix your problem to click to play or watching flash videos.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 01, 2015 11:55PM

George_Hall
The boolean values plugins.click_to_play = true and media.windows-media-foundation.enabled = false shoukd be added to kmeleon.js as default valuess for K-Meleon 75 for two reasons.

I made those changes and then could not log into my e-mail. I have reverted to original settings.

Date: February 02, 2015 01:16AM

George_Hall
Maybee for your pref.js, a bad extension, or one your other files is corrupt in your K-Meleon 74.0 Profile is corrupt.
I have only a single extension/plain macro, for toggling proxy.

George_Hall
New profile didn't helped. I am at a loss.
As soon as I set "Ask to activate" I get no option for activating and the plugin keeps blocked. Tested with DailyMotion clip.
With "Always activate" and Flashblock enabled everything works fine.
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 K-Meleon/74.0

Date: February 02, 2015 03:03AM

Yogi
George_Hall
I have only a single extension/plain macro, for toggling proxy.

George_Hall
New profile didn't helped. I am at a loss.
As soon as I set "Ask to activate" I get no option for activating and the plugin keeps blocked. Tested with DailyMotion clip.
With "Always activate" and Flashblock enabled everything works fine.
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 K-Meleon/74.0

I Think I amed a mistake with click to play on K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleon 75.

Maybe I thought becuase adding or enabling plugins.click_to_play worked for Firefox Versions which "Ask to Activate" was mssing.

I guess I forgot to test it in K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleon 75 when I swa adding or enabling plugins.click_to_play when I saw it worked when I tryed it Firfox where :Ask to Activate" was mssing.

The New K-Meleon Browser must handle plugins diffrently than they are in Firefox.

This probably becuase the plugin container was modified so the Flash Plugin would work in early versions of the new K-Meleon Browser.

Sorry for any trouble I have caused you Yogi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 03:04AM by George_Hall.

Date: February 02, 2015 05:27PM

No problem, you didn't cause me any trouble. I was driven only by curiosity.

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 02, 2015 11:38PM

Hello K-Meleoners!

Do you need something for K-Meleon 75?
some spanish translation, or some macro, or xul preference panel?
some bug that I can fix, some documentation to update?

I attached a preview es-ES translation for K-Meleon 75 Beta2 update1.

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 01:20AM by desga2.

Attachments: es-ES.zip (150.7 KB)  
Posted by: Andrei
Date: February 03, 2015 04:48AM

desga2
Hello K-Meleoners!

K-Meleon in Romain pls!!!
Thank you for the work !!!!!!!!!! this borwser is by far the fast with low resurce for older pc!!!
My opinion is that this browser at this moment is NR 1
Thank you all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 08:12AM by guenter.

Posted by: Andrei
Date: February 03, 2015 04:56AM

Andrei
desga2
Hello K-Meleoners!

Thank you for the work !!!!!!!!!! this borwser is by far the fast with low resurce for older pc!!!
Thank you all
for the new browser i have one sugestion for all user:drool:
include an plugs in for youtube download video

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 03, 2015 08:15AM

Andrei
desga2
Hello K-Meleoners!

Thank you all

K-Meleon is translated by usere that are native speakers. Not by developers.

If You speak Romain and English (or another language that has a translation already), can use an editor and a resource hacker You can translate it.

Other translators and developers can only help You with technical instruction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 08:18AM by guenter.

Date: February 03, 2015 10:25AM

Andrei
for the new browser i have one sugestion for all user:drool:
include an plugs in for youtube download video

I'm sorry, I don't speak Romain, I can't translate it to Romain.

For Youtube download videos you can use some Extension from K-Meleon Extension Central

- On section: "Feeds, Social & Blogging Extensions"
FireUploader

- On section: "Communication Extensions"
YouTube Services 2.0.2
ClipNabber

- On section: "Network Extensions"
Greenbits

- For K-Meleon 74: http://kmext.sourceforge.net/km74/
youtubedownload-km74.7z

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: February 03, 2015 11:42AM

Hi, Desga!

Yes, we need some help, I think. First with your brilliant pref panel.

Last releases miss some customary tabs or prefs from 1.6 like:

- 'Search button' tab in 'Finding websites'

- and thus (I think) we miss some search button options like these marked here:

- three fields in 'Window Diversion' tab - 'Page Properties Diversion' are inactive. I know they need 3 corresponding prefs added in kmprefs.js from 'defaults' folder, but may be there is something more to add?

- and may be you can find out why new KM always adds 'Custom Proxy 1' tab in 'Proxy Settings' from the first run. There isn't any custom proxies in KM 1.6 unless you add them...

Thank you for you job!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 11:59AM by rodocop.

Date: February 03, 2015 01:30PM

rodocop
Last releases miss some customary tabs or prefs from 1.6 like:

- 'Search button' tab in 'Finding websites'

I think this pref tab was deleted because was replaced or now afected by general settings in "Window diversion" pref tab.

rodocop
- and thus (I think) we miss some search button options like these marked here:

I think this is a stetical option to clean Search button context menu on toolbar, you can change it on \K-Meleon75b2\browser\defaults\settings\toolbars.cfg file
In this version menu button -> Configuration -> Toolbars not work (must be fixed in macros \K-Meleon75b2\macros\cfg.kmm cfg_Skin function, toolbars.cfg file changed its path to \defaults\settings instead \skins\Default) Dorian must said if this changed is right or if this file changed its path by error and same for file menuicons.cfg.
Search{
	%ifplugin macros
# EITHER:
#	macros(Search)|_Search_Engines
# OR:
	macros(Search)|&Web Search
	Type a word or phrase in the URL Bar, then click this button or press Ctrl+G to search the Web. Right-click to choose different search engine.
	%else
	navSearch
	%endif
	}

rodocop
- three fields in 'Window Diversion' tab - 'Page Properties Diversion' are inactive. I know they need 3 corresponding prefs added in kmprefs.js from 'defaults' folder, but may be there is something more to add?

I think this is the same reason than first case, you need add prefs and macros to this work.

rodocop
- and may be you can find out why new KM always adds 'Custom Proxy 1' tab in 'Proxy Settings' from the first run. There isn't any custom proxies in KM 1.6 unless you add them...

I already said how to fix this here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,129657,129783#msg-129783

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 02:00PM by desga2.

Date: February 04, 2015 11:42PM

Hi,

I found a bug in KM 75b2u1, find in page bar (Ctrl+F) can't be closed when you are using some translation.

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 12:09AM by desga2.

Posted by: Luys
Date: February 05, 2015 12:38PM

Desga2, cuanto tiempo sin estar activo como solías (yo apenas participo porque carezco de conocimientos informáticos para ello, pero visito habitualmente este foro y sigo usando como navegador principal el K-meleon desde hace años). Me alegra ver que vuelves, y encima ayudando a los castellano-parlantes.
Muchas gracias por la traducción es-ES que adjuntas, y que ya he añadido a mi K-meleon.
Saludos.
Luys.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.