Main changes of this release:
- Gecko 31.4.0
It's not important, but the "about:" is telling:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 K-Meleon/31.2.0
From 75 to 31 and the wrong subversion.
- The events processing has changed a bit. Tell me if the interface feels smoother or not, or worse.
I don't know exactly... Maybe with XUL windows?
In my case at least I feel that the preferences panel had a tiny delay and now looks like opens quicker, but HTTP monitor has a XUL windows and I feel has the same delay :-?
- added navToggleJS (toggle js pref and js in all page) and pageToggleJS (toggle js in current page)
Actually, very interesting the pageToggleJS
Thank you sooooo much. Just only the navToggleJS is a big step forward and makes K-meleon way better
the old skin support. Now the background icons are again transparent.
the toolbars buttons sync when toggle (mines are not created with macros)
Now, "the bad news":
- K-meleon process hangs more than before in the process list and now has another problem, and it is that now isn't recognized as hanged when opening again k-meleon, so it opens normally (the same process), so, you don't notice it is hanged. I have to check or in the Task Manager or "pslist k" (sysinternals tool) to be sure is closed.
EDIT: it actually doesn't hang K-meleon process, just it doesn't close. Killing it is as crash it, what didn't happen in previous betas, but, at the moment, without the side effects as lose the cache.
Forget the last. Happens the same (the Flickr procedure I told in the past) but the close, most of times, is a long delay to close... mmmm
Argh, and 2k issue too. I better stop mentioning this issue.
- partially related to the above (reat till the end), you said in the beta 2 thread that there is no need of the root chrome.manifest, and it is true for the binary string as it brings errors, but for detection of extensions in the extension folder (these extensions
) you still need to tell where the folder is in that chrome file. I said it is partially related to the above because after create this file... mitigated a little the process hang, or at least is what I felt. I'll tell with an edit if after post this happens again.
- when being locked and unlock the toolbars, still not able to drag them until you restart K-meleon. The "dragger" is not shown until restart.
- I confirm KMFan2 bug with download/open dialog
And I would say more, but I was so excited with the jstoggle I may forgot something.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 10:16PM by JohnHell.