K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 30, 2015 06:18PM

Download installer
Download 7z

Differences with RC: fixed session tab order, search macro, wine transparency (?), shorter privacy bar

Flash seems to block some keyboard accelerators.

EDIT: Update for the keyboard accelerators and session crashes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 04:39PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 2
Posted by: George_Hall
Date: March 30, 2015 08:26PM

The Klassic Skin still has problems in K-Meleon 75.0 RC2.

The problems I have found with Klassic Skin in K-Meleon 75.0 RC are listed below:

1. When a Toolbar or buttons is added or removed The "Go Buttons" move the left.

2. When i tried to move the "Zoom Buttons" in between the "Search Button" and "Mail Buttons". The "Zoom Buttons" is moved to some place after the "Mail Buttons" and some other buttons are moved to different locations next to the "Main Bar" However if the "Zoom Buttons" are placed next to "Mail Buttons", none of the buttons are moved such as the "Chatzilla" or "Adblock Plus" Buttons.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 30, 2015 08:30PM

Dorian
Flash seems to block some keyboard accelerators.

And without it, in a fresh start I have to hit several times my range">CTRL SHIFT ' to bring the console.

In fact, I discovered, before post this, that I have to click outside the textarea of the post editor to be able to open it.

Maybe this only happens to console. But I want to let know it here. Just in case, because is curious xD

EDIT: another just found accelerator problem without flash too. Just opening K-meleon, for example, CTRL+N (new window) doesn't work (sound warning from windows) IF the cursor is at the URLbar. Not happening in RC 1.

EDIT: also if the cursor is in an input or textarea element.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 08:38PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 30, 2015 08:31PM

Thanks for including a 7z again smiling smiley

As usual am first taking a curious look inside it on my old main machine, just checking a few things. Like the privbar buttons (now with clearmenu, great), but still no toolbars.cfg in default skin...

And after just discovering last week the handy universal &_OpenURL_How macro and using it, it's already vanished again today! tongue sticking out smiley
Please consider adding it again in main.kmm? Just this:

_OpenURL_How{
$OpenURL==""?0yawning smileypen($OpenURL, getpref(STRING,$_How));
}

Hmm, then again, the old one uses prefs with "ID_OPEN_LINK...", perhaps the new open-command can only handle "openbg"... etc? No idea, should probably test first if the new open(x,y) can use those IDs too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 08:45PM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 30, 2015 09:21PM

Using RC2 portable version was faced with non-working hotkeys from the start.
Switching GUI language between ru and en-US and trying to use hotkeys found that they start working after some time and some unsuccessful calling.

This sounds very similar to that described by JohnHell.

Some russian comrades also report this problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 09:23PM by rodocop.

Date: March 30, 2015 09:47PM

siria
And after just discovering last week the handy universal &_OpenURL_How macro and using it, it's already vanished again today! tongue sticking out smiley
Please consider adding it again in main.kmm? Just this:

_OpenURL_How{
$OpenURL==""?0yawning smileypen($OpenURL, getpref(STRING,$_How));
}

If the url is empty, open should do nothing. If not, we have a problem.
This macro was private, not supposed to be used externally. Most of those Open_xxxx macro are useless anyways because open() is supposed to handle it.

OpenURL_InBg{
# Same as OpenURL_InNew, but in background
$OpenURL==""?0:$kTabs?openbgtab($OpenURL)yawning smileypenbg($OpenURL);
}

should not be different than

openbgtab($OpenURL)

If not, for me it's a bug. I guess kko never considered this.

siria
Hmm, then again, the old one uses prefs with "ID_OPEN_LINK...", perhaps the new open-command can only handle "openbg"... etc? No idea, should probably test first if the new open(x,y) can use those IDs too...

open handle both now, but those prefs should be standardized

Date: March 30, 2015 11:34PM

Dorian,

I understand that I'm getting like a parrot grinning smiley
but as far as bookmarks-adding bug (no address in URL field) is still here I should say that I found something new about it:

it happens only for adding with dialog window. In general - when this is checked (as by default):

That's why Ctrl+D and Star-button ways don't work correct and 'Add bookmark here' does.

If uncheck 'Use dialog to create new Bookmark' - than no bug appear. But sure, bookmark is automatically added in root bookmark folder without variants.

Date: March 31, 2015 12:05AM

Dorian

Uh, confused, probably a misunderstanding? I never said that it would open if empty..

Dorian
This macro was private, not supposed to be used externally.
See no reason to NOT use handy native macros, thought all of them are meant to be used smiling smiley

Dorian
Most of those Open_xxxx macro are useless anyways because open() is supposed to handle it.

OpenURL_InBg{
# Same as OpenURL_InNew, but in background
$OpenURL==""?0:$kTabs?openbgtab($OpenURL)yawning smileypenbg($OpenURL);
}

should not be different than

openbgtab($OpenURL)

It's not useless for me, and in older KM versions those 2 macros really are different. Just recently I noticed you have now somewhere used only "opentab", made me try and check what happens when tabs are disabled, and oh wonder it worked anyway! But that was in KM75, and when I tried the same in KM1.6 it did not work. Then thought this must be an improvement in KM75.
The prob is now, KM75 only runs on newer machines (not my online-machine), and eliminating those &OpenURL macros would disable older macros in new KM. And would make new macros more complicated to be able to run all-version, for KM75 "opentab" would be mandatory and for KM1.6 the macro with ktab-check sad smiley Luckily at the moment they are still all there, just this one "_How" version is missing. Frankly am not sure if anyone ever used that, had only just discovered it myself and came in handy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 12:13AM by siria.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 31, 2015 08:58AM

Dorian,

It works nicelly under Linux. No more transparency problem.

Does the way you used can give the possibility in macros to test the os. It should no more need the bad test I done and allow to use an official kmeleon variable,

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: k0st1x
Date: March 31, 2015 11:03AM

thank you very much for the portable version

Date: March 31, 2015 05:03PM

siria
Dorian

Uh, confused, probably a misunderstanding? I never said that it would open if empty..

Then why the test for $OpenURL=='' ?

It's not useless for me, and in older KM versions those 2 macros really are different. Just recently I noticed you have now somewhere used only "opentab", made me try and check what happens when tabs are disabled, and oh wonder it worked anyway! But that was in KM75, and when I tried the same in KM1.6 it did not work. Then thought this must be an improvement in KM75.

Yeah, this is bad design anyways. In fact, opentab should be the one called opennew, and current opennew should not exist. opennew should open a tab when available, with a pref in case the user want to open a window.

Dorian
The prob is now, KM75 only runs on newer machines (not my online-machine), and eliminating those &OpenURL macros would disable older macros in new KM.

That's why I'm not removing them, except for the ones not supposed to be used.
I could add "_How" back, but if no one used it until now, I don't really want to add something obsolete.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 31, 2015 05:57PM

Thanks for the update Dorian!

Date: March 31, 2015 06:25PM

Does anyone have problems with RC and RC2 crash under Win7.

It was reported from one Russian comrades:

Name of the module with an error: sessions.dll
   Version of the module with an error: 1.0.0.2
   The time stamp module error: 55159c7c
   Exception code: c0000005
   Offset exceptions: 0000450e
   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
   Language Code: 1049
   Additional Information 1: 0a9e
   Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
   Additional Information 3: 0a9e
   Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 31, 2015 08:33PM

Hi,

I see Search tab is now included on "Finding Websites" pref pannel in this RC2 version.

I did this modification on \K-Meleon75\browser\omni.ja file to add "Search typed" in "Browsing -> General (tab), Open (option)"
"Search selected" option is the same that "Selected Text" (in Open option).

- Modified files:
\K-Meleon75\browser\omni.ja\chrome\en-US\locale\kmprefs\pref-browsing.dtd
\K-Meleon75\browser\omni.ja\chrome\kmeleon\content\kmprefs\pref-browsing.xul

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Attachments: omni.7z (3.4 KB)  
Date: March 31, 2015 09:27PM

Dorian
Then why the test for $OpenURL=='' ?
No big deal, just took the existing main-macros as example, without questioning. Am not aware of the inner workings of commands like 'open', that's your job grinning smiley No really, if nothing happens if there's no URL anyway, a check isn't necessary of course. But us clueless usermacro-writers don't know such details for sure, and those URL+ktabs check in the main macros weren't bad to help my understanding, and also prevented possibly adding such checks in own macros.

Dorian
In fact, opentab should be the one called opennew, and current opennew should not exist. opennew should open a tab when available, with a pref in case the user want to open a window.
Not delighted, sounds like requiring macros to add pref-toggles in the future when needing a certain method for some reason :-/ Always awkward, am afraid to accidentally mess user settings, even if it only happens after a crash. And have seen too many other macros which don't even care at all about changing user prefs, like switching on JS secretly and permanently against will of user. So 2 different commands make sense, the only issue was to automatically switch to windows when tabs were disabled.

Dorian
That's why I'm not removing them, except for the ones not supposed to be used.

Thank you smiling smiley

Dorian
I could add "_How" back, but if no one used it until now, I don't really want to add something obsolete.

No idea if it was used by others, haven't checked the hundreds of macros out there :cool:

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: April 01, 2015 04:14PM

There's a bug I've been noticing for a while. The issue is that the frame located in http://www.freedompop.com/earnfree_offers.htm isn't showing up.

Date: April 01, 2015 04:44PM

rodocop

I don't think the changes in the sessions plugin with RC can crash the browser.
A crash report would help.

Zero3K
There's a bug I've been noticing for a while. The issue is that the frame located in http://www.freedompop.com/earnfree_offers.htm isn't showing up.

Need an account.
You could try with a clean profile, just to be sure.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: April 01, 2015 04:46PM

Dorian
Zero3K

Need an account.
You could try with a clean profile, just to be sure.

Te account information is as follows:

Username: zero3k at openaliasbox dot org
Password: 50240220

Another long-standing bug is that http://www.myfreecams.com never gets past the loading page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 04:48PM by Zero3K.

Date: April 01, 2015 10:13PM

This is not a problem with this RC itself, but maybe in K-meleon in a whole, and maybe not a bug either, but I post this as a suggestion for the future releases.

Might I be wrong if I say that setmenu doesn't accept a menu to be addressed with UTF or Unicode characters, in particular, with accents? (I'm trying to address to "Información de página", a custom menu set through menus.cfg).

If this is like I imagined, this is a suggestion to implement other characters support.

This might be one of the reasons that I got frustrated when I tried to use in the past commands like setmenu and similar advanced automation commands.

Date: April 01, 2015 10:36PM

@Dorian: Thank you! smiling smiley Thank you! smiling smiley Thank you! smiling smiley

Yes I finally got around to copy RC2 to my vista machine and do a quick first test - and found a completely unexpected miracle grinning smiley

Have made some notes,but getting too late today.
Like Edit>Config>Toolbars+Menuicons is "not found", just a few simple things.
BTW, would it be possible to always show "Menu" at the top of the toolbars-menulist?

And in another thread here it was just mentioned:
"about:downloads" is missing in menus yet.

JohnH: no prob with unicode, just tested to create that menu and an entry with that name. Works fine as always. Make sure the kmm-file is utf-8. If that doesn't help, it might have to do with menus.cfg, or perhaps something with automatic translations, no clue, have no experience with it.
Ah - looks like menus.cfg is ANSI yet...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 10:41PM by siria.

Date: April 01, 2015 10:54PM

siria
Ah - looks like menus.cfg is ANSI yet...

Then, that should be the suggested fix, or... I don't now, because is the only thing that match your digs in my profile. Dorian will have a better idea.

Date: April 01, 2015 11:01PM

And if you convert it to utf-8 too, does it work better?

Date: April 01, 2015 11:02PM

Nop.

Date: April 01, 2015 11:17PM

Hmm... or is that not your own, but a native menu, Page Properties? Defined only english in menus.cfg??
In that case try the english names, although I have no idea if it helps. But special attention with that one, there are 2 of them!
setmenu("Page Pro&perties",...
setmenu("Page &Properties",...
A bit tricky, they appear in different places, guess one in View menu, the other on right-clicking a page... Who knows, perhaps that's actually the prob?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 01, 2015 11:33PM

siria
Like Edit>Config>Toolbars+Menuicons is "not found", just a few simple things.

If the skin that you are using is like mine, there is no longer a "menuicons.cfg" file. That function is now part of "skin.cfg" file.

I just looked at Default skin and it also has no "menuicons.cfg" file.

That menu item may need a fallback method to look at skin.cfg if menuicons.cfg is not found.

Date: April 02, 2015 01:23AM

siria
Hmm... or is that not your own, but a native menu, Page Properties? Defined only english in menus.cfg??
In that case try the english names, although I have no idea if it helps. But special attention with that one, there are 2 of them!
setmenu("Page Pro&perties",...
setmenu("Page &Properties",...
A bit tricky, they appear in different places, guess one in View menu, the other on right-clicking a page... Who knows, perhaps that's actually the prob?

It's mine. I know that the translation is the default menu (more or less), but it's not the same one, even translated winking smiley If I gave that name, with that accents, was for descriptive purposes and... I don't know, it was a decade ago xDDD

Probably, too, if I gave that name, was to avoid collisions, I can't remember. If you could see my files, sometimes are kind of spanglish because programming is usually in english and sometimes I give spanish names to macros, variables, avoid collisions, etc, etc, etc tongue sticking out smiley

I haven't said above, but is part of a context menu and, as you maybe read me some times in the forum, my context is all custom.

In fact, when I install a new version I remove the context menu section from the default menus.cfg (previous backup for use with fresh profiles) to use my own DocumentPopup and similar ones and avoid collision. The only original left is the ones of the Menu toolbar.

Anyway, as it is not a labeled menu or a visible menu, as you prefer to think about it, I think I'll change the name removing the accents and go on, but, even though, Dorian, if possible, review this, maybe changing menus.cfg to UTF (what will brake some backward compatibility for those who carry old profiles and aren't aware of the change), or change the command setmenu to accept ansi/utf characters from menus.cfg.

At your wish. I don't know, you'll know if you need to deal with it, and how, or leave it as is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 01:39AM by JohnHell.

Date: April 02, 2015 02:34AM

rodocop

Version of the module with an error: 1.0.0.2
The time stamp module error: 55159c7c
Exception code: c0000005
Offset exceptions: 0000450e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Language Code: 1049
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I just had KM 75RC2 fail after electing to use sessions with Restart2. I am on Win 7 (32 bit).

Edit: I cannot make it repeat the failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 12:36PM by JamesD.

Date: April 02, 2015 11:56AM

Debugged: 'session-related' crash was caused by the cyrillic symbols in the full path to browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 11:57AM by rodocop.

Date: April 02, 2015 01:06PM

rodocop
Debugged: 'session-related' crash was caused by the cyrillic symbols in the full path to browser.

I have another problem. There is a crash if the session is set to reopen automaticly and at least one tab is to a local file. This one I can repeat. I had to change my prefs.js file offline in order to get KM started again.

Date: April 02, 2015 01:18PM

So the sessions-kplugin may have some issues with local filesystem...

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.