K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 3
Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 05, 2015 06:14PM

Download installer
Download 7z

Differences with RC2: fixed adding bookmark, session plugin crashes, accelerators, xul windows sizing, status bar text for registercmd, setbuttonimage, reload command with "restore on demand" session, flash with plugin container.

Edit: Update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 05:00PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 3
Posted by: rodocop
Date: May 05, 2015 07:39PM

Good news!

Date: May 06, 2015 09:39AM

How can I find 'reload command with restore on demand'? Was it added only internally, without GUI?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 06, 2015 02:11PM

rodocop

I did not see anything in Dorian's GUI, but Restart2 seems to work.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,132731,132844#msg-132844

I am just preparing to test it with multiple tabs and windows.

The right-click menu even adds an item to the File menu, if you desire.

Date: May 06, 2015 02:15PM

Dorian

Thanks ever so much. I have just gotten RC3 set up. My wife is telling me we must go somewhere. Will report more as soon as I can.

Edit:
Small reprieve for me. Did not need to leave yet.

Tests using Restart2.kmm indicate all works for session's restore IF the "restore on demand" pref is FALSE. However if the pref is true, some tabs show "empty" in the tab title. Those tabs do load correctly when clicked.

What does the restore on demand do? I can force it false within Restart2 if that would help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2015 02:50PM by JamesD.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: May 06, 2015 05:25PM

I have two issues to report:

1. The Copy function isn't working (either via the keyboard or the right-click context menu item).

2. Most tabs' pages turn black after having them being automatically reloaded every so often.

Date: May 06, 2015 05:27PM

JamesD
Dorian

Thanks ever so much. I have just gotten RC3 set up. My wife is telling me we must go somewhere. Will report more as soon as I can.

Edit:
Small reprieve for me. Did not need to leave yet.

Tests using Restart2.kmm indicate all works for session's restore IF the "restore on demand" pref is FALSE. However if the pref is true, some tabs show "empty" in the tab title. Those tabs do load correctly when clicked.

What does the restore on demand do? I can force it false within Restart2 if that would help.

It speeds up the loading of K-Meleon when starting it with the selected session by making the pages not start loading until their tabs are clicked on.

Posted by: KMfan2
Date: May 06, 2015 07:40PM

After a while in idle (not working on computer) and some tabs open with flash (youtube etc) Kmeleon freezes and videos are grey.

Date: May 06, 2015 08:36PM

KMfan2
After a while in idle (not working on computer) and some tabs open with flash (youtube etc) Kmeleon freezes and videos are grey.

That also happens to me when actually using it to play more than 2 or 3 videos at a time.

Date: May 07, 2015 11:04AM

If flash is gray, it means it has crashed. You can change dom.ipc.plugins.enabled, use whatever is best for you.

JamesD

I don't think restart2 can be the cause of your empty tabs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 11:06AM by Dorian.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 07, 2015 11:59AM

Hi Dorian,

I have found the reason of the problem concerning zoom (RC2, RC3)

Reset works for zoom image with Left or Right Ctrl key, but not for zoom text+image.

Alt-+ or Ctrl-Alt-= >>> Ctrl-Multiply => ok
Ctrl-+ >>> Ctrl-Multiply => nok

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: May 07, 2015 01:26PM

Zero3k
It speeds up the loading of K-Meleon when starting it with the selected session by making the pages not start loading until their tabs are clicked on.

Dorian
I don't think restart2 can be the cause of your empty tabs

I think the problem is that I show loading in tab title. When that is combined with restore on demand, I think I get the empty title. I plan more tests on this today. I will report results.

Date: May 07, 2015 07:07PM

Dorian

This is my test data and conclusion.

Disable all personal macros except Restart2, localdocs74 and restoreondemand.
Confirm 'Show loading in tab title' true.
Confirm 'restore on demand' false.
Confirm 'Open Last Session' checked in Restart2.
Four tabs loaded - KM start, wiki page, wiki page, local document.
Focus is on second wiki page.
TEST #1 - Used Restart2 - all four pages reloaded w/titles - focus remains on second wiki page.
Change 'restore on demand' to true.
TEST #2 - Used Restart2 - tabs one, two, and four show 'empty' in titles - focus remains on second wiki page.
Change 'Show loading in tab title' to false.
TEST #3 - Used Restart2 - all four pages reloaded w/titles - focus remains on second wiki page.

Conclusion:
The features 'Show loading in tab title' = true and 'restore on demand' = true 
at the same time produce the situation that I described previously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 11:56PM by JamesD.

Posted by: thomase13
Date: May 08, 2015 10:11PM

Hello all,

It's been a while — I have switched over to Firefox 28 temporarily as my main browser (last version before Australis), but its toolbars spontaneously corrupted, and now have more time to get K-Meleon updated again. Always happy to see the progress here!

In the past I have found it easiest to simply copy my old profile over to new versions. Is there reason this is a bad idea this time copying from old K-M 74 to 75, or would it be better to follow these twelve-year-old instructions for some reason? (They're probably still valid, but just more trouble! tongue sticking out smiley )

Thanks,
Thomas smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 02:35AM by thomase13.

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: May 09, 2015 01:53AM

There are two problems that I see from K-Meleon 75.

Windows XP SP3.

Error no especificado.
This happens with K-Meleon 75 in Spanish, passing the cursor on buttons "back, fordward, stop or reload".
The error can be repeated even just take off the focus.

Youtube, plugin container.
Putting a video in full screen this gives problems to return to window mode on K-Meleon.

The application does not respond so you have to close it forcibly.

Date: May 09, 2015 11:04AM

Little update, fix german and spanish tooltips, loading title in tab.
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/files/km75rc3u1.zip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 11:12AM by Dorian.

Date: May 10, 2015 12:27AM

me
The features 'Show loading in tab title' = true and 'restore on demand' = true
at the same time produce the situation that I described previously.

Update one has fixed this problem. Very good work, Dorian.

Date: May 10, 2015 04:23PM

Are any of the crashes that have been recently reported fixable or not?

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 11, 2015 06:19PM

c-sanchez
There are two problems that I see from K-Meleon 75.

Windows XP SP3.

Error no especificado.
This happens with K-Meleon 75 in Spanish, passing the cursor on buttons "back, fordward, stop or reload".
The error can be repeated even just take off the focus.

This is fixed with rc3up1.

@Dorian:
Where is now tooltips text for toolbar buttons?
I want fixed it for spanish translation, for example "Add Bookmark" button tooltip is showed in english instead spanish.

Button tooltip text are loaded from kmeleon.kml or kmeleon.dll?

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2015 06:20PM by desga2.

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 11, 2015 07:46PM

The tooltip is loaded IMHO from KML. Dorian must have changed the text of this tooltip.

A similar tooltip still translates if You use an older skin. But not in all the most recent skin versions issued with the test browsers.

Does someone know all strings that were changed and added to 75?
Just in case I find time to update some of the German text-locale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 01:28AM by guenter.

Date: May 13, 2015 04:20PM

Zero3K

Did you try to change the pref for flash?
Also, I saw crashes related to nvidia drivers, which I can't do nothing about. Not sure if that's your case.

I'm more concerned with the black page bug. I was able to get the same thing with firefox, so it's probaly not specific to kmeleon. But it seems to be easier to get it with kmeleon.

desga2
@Dorian:
Where is now tooltips text for toolbar buttons?
I want fixed it for spanish translation, for example "Add Bookmark" button tooltip is showed in english instead spanish.

kml.
But some use the same text than the status bar, which are in the dll.

guenter
Does someone know all strings that were changed and added to 75?
Just in case I find time to update some of the German text-locale.

Locales:
- Some strings added in kmeleon.dll and session.dll
- Updated pref-appearance.dtd and pref-tabs.dtd
- Added kmeleon\kmhelper.properties

Also the tooltips mentionned by desga2

Date: May 13, 2015 06:33PM

Dorian
Zero3K

Did you try to change the pref for flash?
Also, I saw crashes related to nvidia drivers, which I can't do nothing about. Not sure if that's your case.

I'm more concerned with the black page bug. I was able to get the same thing with firefox, so it's probaly not specific to kmeleon. But it seems to be easier to get it with kmeleon.

1. The OOPP setting is set to false (yet its still enabled for some reason).
2. It might be related to an issue with the graphics card that is being used.

Date: May 13, 2015 07:25PM

guenter, Dorian,

I have these files changed in 2015:
• kmprefs\pref-browsing.dtd
• kmprefs\pref-webfind.dtd
• kmprefs\pref-display.dtd
• kmprefs\pref-appearance.dtd
• kmprefs\pref.properties
Some of them could be changed only in russian, but I remember firmly that pref-webfind.dtd was updated as corresponding tab of Prefs was changed.

Also, I see that kmprefs\kplugins\kplugins.properties and kmprefs\pref-kplugins.properties both need to be updated in order to display info about spellcheck and login kplugins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 07:26PM by rodocop.

Date: May 13, 2015 07:34PM

I have struggled with understanding profiles, but after reading things in the forums and wiki, and learning the difference between profile.ini and profiles.ini, I think I have a slightly better understanding.
Since no one objected, I ended up just copying over my old profile from K-M 74, and everything worked! The only strange thing right off the bat was how the toolbar positions are completely randomly rearranged, but this seems to happen in every new version for some reason. I was able to save my sessions from some profile where they didn't get deleted, so I am happy with that!

My conclusion from all this profile stuff is that especially in my case, keeping many versions of K-M installed in their own folders with just one profile for each version, saving them the good old fashioned way, in their respective K-Meleon folder in %PROGRAMFILES%, seems to avoid many headaches, as long as you check for permissions first. I don't know what benefit can be had by installing profiles way over in %APPDATA%, where profiles are confused between versions, and you must "ask at startup" for the correct profile every time if you don't want things messed up, sessions disappearing, etc.

The next most noticable changes are the padlock and default page icon.

It seems that default.ico takes the place of the previous default page icon, main.ico (which is also the main window icon.) If this splitting of the icon is desired, then I will just make a copy of main.ico named default.ico for the Klassic skin.

The padlock icon also has changed. Again, the icons in the "default" skin override the original defaults, as there is nothing
with the name "ssecur.ico" in the Klassic skin, for example. These icons are not defined in the skin such as in "toolbars.cfg", because they are not part of the toolbar. I don't really understand the new skinning system with skin.cfg. It seems more confusing to me since it seems to define commands instead of just the image/icon locations. Are these new padlock icons defined somewhere? I think they should be defined with the skin, so that the skin can use something more appropriate if that is desired. I currently just renamed the padlock icons in the Default skin so K-M will just ignore them and use the old default ones, though I would might like to change them to the ones from K-M 1.6 or IE-style, meaning the unlocked icon is invisible. I would need some configuration file especially for the last option.

I really like the Firefox compatibility mode. I had my user agent string manually overridden to include Firefox, but now I don't have to! smiling smiley So happy the browser is identified as K-Meleon by default! My only question is about the string itself - It currently displays as: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 K-Meleon/75.0" I now realize the frozen "geckotrail build date" string is frozen at 20100101 for some mysterious reason that Mozilla has declined to explain, but I would think that the Gecko release version should be "rv:31.6" or whatever we're actually on now.

Now onto testing old issues! (from K-M 74 Beta 4, in rough order of importance.)

1. The page frame is still missing. This is a problem that greatly vexes me, as it breaks 3-dimensionality of the Windows classic interface, which in this case indicates the depth of the panel. It is fine on the top of the frame because of the tab bar (which is why I always keep it enabled). It affects all windows within K-Meleon except for the Preferences dialog box. K-Meleon 1.6 (& probably 1.7) are the last versions to keep this intact. It's an issue in all Mozilla-based browsers, which is why I submitted this report to Bugzilla, and since no one has looked at it after nearly a year, I was hoping someone here could at least point me toward how to fix this. I haven't worked with chrome before, but there must be some way to implement this fix! I now think it would be best to implement it the way most programs do as a dynamic interior frame rather than something tacked on to something like the tab bar to prevent breakage in all scenarios, e.g., pressing Ctrl+F, keeping the tab bar disabled like JohnHell, etc.
  2. All favicons are quite dark, whether in the Address bar, tab bar, or Favorites menu. The only icon not subject to this strange phenomenon is the default K-Meleon icon, i.e., when no actual favicon is available.
    It is not a simple issue of color depth (e.g. only supporting 16 colors) as I compared the 4-bit favicon on my personal Web site to the one displayed in K-Meleon, and it is far darker in K-M.
  3. YouTube comments still don't work with default settings. In K-M 74, the comment box wouldn't even "open" (I guess it couldn't authenticate with Google+ or whatever); now the comment box opens without complaint, but the "Post" button is greyed out and unclickable. With my imported profile, the Post button is clickable after typing one letter. I understand not wanting to keep making concessions for Google, but if that is still the case, I'll add some explanation to the FAQ. I don't know the implications of accepting third-party cookies by default, but YouTube is a very popular Web site, so you can understand my concern for new users! tongue sticking out smiley
    1. Also, while testing YouTube, the video turned grey a few times and I had to refresh (flash crashed I guess), which has never happened to me in any previous version of K-Meleon.
Fixed:
  1. Web search preference works within Preferences dialog box AND without restart! :cool:
  2. History button fixed in classic skin. smiling smiley
  3. The spell checker has immediate functionality as soon as it's enabled - Finally some way to get rid of the red underlines! grinning smiley
    1. The only flaw is that it's American. Is there some way to install a Canadian or British English dictionary?
As you can see, many of these issues I mention are quite minor, but this screenshot comparing K-Meleon to MSIE should show the biggest and most bothersome ones:

Besides the favicon issue of before, there are the issues that
  1. The depressed tab's shading is broken. (It should be dithered grey just like the depressed window button on my taskbar.
  2. All of the tab buttons are depressed!
    This makes it impossible to tell which one is active except for the black close button (X) , if that feature is turned on.
The tab bar should work like the Windows taskbar, since it serves the same purpose. Strangely enough, these problems don't happen with the default profile, so I guess my settings must be messing it up, but even then, it doesn't work perfectly like it did before. The new issue being, even with the default profile, the dithered grey highlighting disappears when hovered over.

I repeat, overall I am very happy, but above all, the biggest problem is still the missing page frame, which can also be seen in my screenshot. I do hope I can find help with that here, as I found none at Bugzilla.

Thanks,
Thomas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2015 04:11PM by thomase13.

Date: May 14, 2015 10:10AM

thomase13
[*] All favicons are quite dark

Your screenshot doesn't show this, except maybe the first tab.

thomase13
[*] YouTube comments still don't work with default settings.

Third party cookies are mostly used by tracker. I won't change a 12+ years old setting for one site. But it should indeed be in the FAQ.

thomase13
[*] Also, while testing YouTube, the video turned grey a few times and I had to refresh (flash crashed I guess), which has never happened to me in any previous version of K-Meleon.

Yeah plugin container is still used by default but i'll fix this.
I'm using the html5 player with youtube and never had any problem.

thomase13
[*] The only flaw is that it's American. Is there some way to install a Canadian or British English dictionary?

The same way than you do with firefox. At least it worked the last time i tried.

thomase13
As you can see, many of these issues I mention are quite minor, but this screenshot comparing K-Meleon to MSIE should show the biggest and most bothersome ones.

Fixed that for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2015 10:13AM by Dorian.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 14, 2015 12:38PM

Just as a side note, people who use the privbar or the privacy menu for toggling cookies get only all or nothing anyway. Unless I'm mistaken the third-party setting is only available via the pref sheets, which takes more time as the other 2 ways, so most people probably never use that and never notice this google spy feature.

It would be possible to toggle between 3 settings, via menu or button, but too confusing for normal users. Personally I do use it for the EmbeddedObject-blocker button, for the occasional yt video etc.
If I'd have more time I'd really love to play with a 3-state-button macro that also toggles the icons, perhaps show a green-yellow-red background or symbol for cookie+object buttons grinning smiley

Re: K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 3 update 2
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 14, 2015 01:23PM

Dorian
Fixed that for you.

By the way, for those not aware, the above is RC3 update 2.

So, what has been fixed, or broken?

For example, the first thing I noticed is that the icon of the buttons in a toolbar created with a macro (pluginmsg command), now aren't taken from the default skin and then fallback to the user skin. Now, it should be in the user skin folder.

I remark this because for distributed macros can be an issue as now icons hasn't sense to be extracted to the default, so the user skin and... which one is the skin used by the user? No idea.

@thomas, about me and 3D, I didn't understood. What do I do that works? I don't do anything :-? I don't use tab bar, but because I use windows mode instead tabs. Not intentional to fix something that I'm not aware in first place :-?

I haven't seen any change with this. Has been changed something? Was something broken?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2015 01:26PM by JohnHell.

Date: May 14, 2015 01:53PM

JohnHell
@thomas, about me and 3D, I didn't understood. What do I do that works? I don't do anything :-? I don't use tab bar, but because I use windows mode instead tabs. Not intentional to fix something that I'm not aware in first place :-?

I haven't seen any change with this. Has been changed something? Was something broken?

The three-dimensional effects of the tab bar have been broken in K-M 75 (the proper shading of user interface elements that make everything looks pretty and tell you what's going on, e.g., which tab is active [it should be depressed.])
For you, everything is fine, because AFAIK, you're the only one here who uses windows instead of tabs. I was just making the analogy that the tab shading in the tab bar, 3-D effects, etc. Should be identical to the window buttons in the taskbar, since they always have been, and they perform the same function; the tab bar is just a program-specific taskbar.

Date: May 14, 2015 06:25PM

JohnHell
So, what has been fixed, or broken?

The tab bar in the screenshot.
Only XP without theme

JohnHell
For example, the first thing I noticed is that the icon of the buttons in a toolbar created with a macro (pluginmsg command), now aren't taken from the default skin and then fallback to the user skin. Now, it should be in the user skin folder.

Order should be:
  1. User profile (profile/skins/)
  2. Skin in user profile (profile/skins/{skinname}/)
  3. Skin in program folder (kmeleon/skins/{skinname}/)
  4. Shared in user skin folder (profile/skins/shared)
  5. Shared in program skin folder (kmeleon/skins/shared)

Date: May 14, 2015 08:43PM

I think that Flash is crashing a lot more than usual. Does anyone else notice that or not?

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.