....If I understand this part
correctly, the page itself is properly encoded in iso-8859-1, and should
display properly in any browser, except that it is sent out by the Apache
with a header
which is wrong, and which causes K-Meleon to show a "?" instead of the
correct letter. I would like to force a change to the correct 8859-1 letter
by clicking an item on the menu. But first I would want to keep the charset
detector, if on (how can I be certain?) from interfering with a wrong guess.
Perhaps this is possible and maybe even easy to do, but I've got it right
with K-Meleon only once, and cannot repeat the experiment. This is where
I am now.
Yes. It is delivered with the wrong content info (UTF-8) by the server.
Changing it manually to iso-8859-1 will correct the issue for that page.
I am on a German OS machine and still on 74. So I can perhaps only tell for me.
After I change it to iso-8859-1 K-Meleon will display that page properly and when I return here it will revert to UTF-8. When I move there again K-Meleon will remember the proper encoding for that page -
no idea how long it will remember
. Will remember it as long as it is called from cache.
To keep the charset detector is default. There is a check when You switched it off/changed something.
74. I did not temper with intl.charset.detector. I made sure by looking it up in about:config. That this config has/does show no value by default AFAIR dimly means that it has a been given a reasonable default to which it falls back.
p.s. A way to kill my 75. Open https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/
After a change in font detection.
I change to iso-8859-1. Result. Always crashes. Guess I have to reinstall. :(
p.p.s. thx for trying rodocop.
Moving to https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/
is not needed.
The change to iso-8859-1 does the trick even here on this page.
I also tried 75 with the old Profile from 74. So maybe no setting.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2015 08:03PM by guenter.