Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: K-Meleon 75.1 Beta
Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 02, 2015 06:51PM

Another update. Hopefully this should fix the crashes.

JamesD
There are no line numbers shown with the errors and I have not yet been able to find/fix them.

Did you activate macro debug (kmeleon.plugins.macros.debug)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 06:52PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: August 02, 2015 08:58PM

Dorian
JamesD
There are no line numbers shown with the errors and I have not yet been able to find/fix them.

Oh... can you describe what it does (or not, if off)?
And does it mean that by default errors show no line numbers anymore?

Dorian
- Added user authorization for macro using file functions
Riddling about that too...

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 02, 2015 11:42PM

Oh, yes!!!

Fixed now for me! Did the provided crash info help you, Dorian?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 03, 2015 01:37AM

Dorian

I had/ (have?) not. Is it a pref? I tried with BOOL true and got an error from compat. I then tried with integer 1. There was no error, but no change in Error Console display.

I do not know if the (kmeleon.plugins.macros.debug) is active or not.

siria
And does it mean that by default errors show no line numbers anymore?

I think these kind of errors never had line numbers. Accept that info is just my memory which is getting as old as I.

I might have to do a line by line compare of cfg.kmm from 75.0 and 75.1 to see if I can find the cause. They appear at first glance to be the same. I cannot find any place where '$cmdline' is assigned a value. Will do more checking.

Posted by: jasonliul
Date: August 03, 2015 04:15AM

Look like all ok now. grinning smiley

Date: August 03, 2015 04:16PM

rodocop
Fixed now for me! Did the provided crash info help you, Dorian?

Yes smiling smiley

JamesD
Dorian

I had/ (have?) not. Is it a pref? I tried with BOOL true and got an error from compat. I then tried with integer 1. There was no error, but no change in Error Console display.

It's a bool. Line number should appear in the console.

JamesD
I might have to do a line by line compare of cfg.kmm from 75.0 and 75.1 to see if I can find the cause. They appear at first glance to be the same. I cannot find any place where '$cmdline' is assigned a value. Will do more checking.

Don't worry. I understand the problem and I'll fix it.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 03, 2015 04:25PM

I have two issues to report regarding the latest update:

1. The issue with webpages becoming black after a while is still happening.
2. Not all favicons are showing up in the auto-complete list.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 03, 2015 10:54PM

Zero3K

Dinamically created (by PHP or JS for example) addresses don't have favicons. Google search results, facebook post links etc.
Also some certain websites too.

Date: August 04, 2015 12:41AM

Dorian
It's a bool. Line number should appear in the console.

I must have typed something wrong before. The following code works and I have file names and line numbers in my Error Console now.

// for line numbers in Error Console
pref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.debug", true);

Should this be the default or does it require too much more resources?

Date: August 04, 2015 05:31PM

Zero3K

Unfortunately this is the same as firefox.
- Big icons are not stored in the cache
- Redirected pages have no icon obviously, but are showing in the autocomplete result (instead of the real page)

JamesD
Should this be the default or does it require too much more resources?

It uses a bit more of memory but it's negligible

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 05:35PM by Dorian.

Date: August 04, 2015 06:22PM

Dorian
Zero3K

Unfortunately this is the same as firefox.
- Big icons are not stored in the cache
- Redirected pages have no icon obviously, but are showing in the autocomplete result (instead of the real page)

Its not the same since I can see that more favicons are being displayed in Firefox when compared to this version of K-Meleon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 06:25PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 04, 2015 08:29PM

For 2k and XP:

Old skin issues:
- BMP+alpha now generates black backgrounds (2k only)
- skins icon size are not respected, now uses the new skin system size
- as Yogi said, random icons not choosing the correct ones
- as Yogi said, disabled icons not working on toolbars, but do on menus

Menu issues:
- menus get compacted and now overlap the command associated and the item text

Win2k only:

URLs now get "obfuscated" after and during load. There is the need to click on them to show up the URLs.

And a personal appreciation:

I don't like the new dropdown list style.
The GUI glitches for Win2k are "in crescendo".

I thought with 38.x GRE I would have to stop using newer K-meleon versions as at least Firefox 38 can't be run (without teawking too much), but I think I'll stop due to GUI on 31.7 31.6 :/

For now, I'll go back to 75.0, what should be enough for some time. I'll just check if anything new fixes the above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 08:33PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 05, 2015 04:35PM

Zero3K
Its not the same since I can see that more favicons are being displayed in Firefox when compared to this version of K-Meleon.

Mmmh, just keep using it and let it build its cache.

JohnHell

I didn't touch the toolbars, only the menus :\
Where can I get your skin?

Date: August 05, 2015 04:45PM

Dorian
Zero3K

I've done that and its still not working as expected. For example, Twitter's favicon only shows for its main page.

Date: August 05, 2015 06:11PM

Dorian
JohnHell

I didn't touch the toolbars, only the menus :\
Where can I get your skin?

In my Hard Disk tongue sticking out smiley

Basically is this one, Netscape 4.x:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/SkinsAndThrobbers#skins

Custom toolbars and new icons created/added, true, but never had these issues. Hey, but it's not only me, but Yogi too.

In fact, after you said the above, clearly trying to say there is something wrong in my toolbars.cfg, I checked it and I admit there is a toolbar definition with (16,16), the one with wrong icons.

The main toolbar (navigation) is at (20,20) and was rendered at 16x16, either way.

But, also, in my opinion, this shows that the new skin system is parsing the old skin system and therefore these wrong icon sizes and random icons.

Use the skin provided above and if the navigation icons don't get resized to 16x16 in your system even they are defined as 20,20, something wrong in my side then.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 05, 2015 07:48PM

JohnHell
Hey, but it's not only me, but Yogi too.

@Dorian
You can test with the Klassic skin shipped with K-Meleon and see if everything works as expected for you. Don't forget to also enable the privbar with the UA button enabled.

Date: August 05, 2015 08:32PM

Sorry for not testing more, I had to go as was the only time that the f**** Sahara heat wave + sun goes away a little to work outside down here.

I found the bug.

You said that you only touched the menus, and there it is the problem.

Old skin system is broken because toolbar icons are built in 75.1 through menuicons.cfg, as it was a new skin with skin.cfg and defaulted the size to 16x16.

Once removed/renamed menuicons.cfg, icons aren't random, they are disabled when they should, BMP+alpha works again... but then you don't have menu icons...

As I said, something looked as the new skin system was parsing the old skin system and there we had this.

What I still can't understand is why things like the backgrounds of BMP+alpha (or any background transparent (if I recall correctly, I'm on 75.0 again)) aren't shown correctly in Windows 2000 with new skins, but yes with old skins :-?

Ok, you rebuilt all the skinning system but :-?

A problem still persists on toolbars, the URLBar, the URLs get hidden onload, so no related with this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2015 08:35PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 06, 2015 04:56PM

Is the urlbar invisible text linked to the new font size pref?

Date: August 06, 2015 06:59PM

Dorian
Is the urlbar invisible text linked to the new font size pref?

I didn't touch anything, any pref I mean, so, how to know?

What do I do?

Date: August 06, 2015 07:09PM

If you didn't touch it, it's probably not related.
Another update that should fix the other problems.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 06, 2015 08:32PM

Thanks for the update!
Bitmaps for "back" and "forward" buttons are changing colors correctly now. So does the bitmap for the "stop" button.
The bitmap for the UA button on the privbar gets also picked up correctly now.

Only minor differences I can still notice compared to v75.0 (Win7) - they are not relevant for me and I hope you won't call me a nitpicker for mentioning them. smiling smiley

Date: August 07, 2015 12:10AM

My 2k only glitch with url bar, still persists.

I think that don't letting the system decide the size of the url bar was a bad idea, not for it, but for the consequence (on me at least, not general). As you, or someone else, asked, why someone would like to have a different size than system default? If the size of text is so tiny, maybe that person should consider the changes on system display preferences...

I say this because I also found another 2 funny things (2k and XP):

- that clicking in the arrow button to open the dropdown url bar menu, displays the old/normal/system drop down menu, not this new modern, so we have now like 2 URL bar control systems together.

- the other thing is a bug I reported time ago, that when clicking in the told arrow button and you close the dropdown url bar menu, or by clicking in other place, or by clicking again the arrow button, any text that is in the url bar is used as a valid url; this time, in fact, has been so funny, because I had the bookmark nickname that opens all K-meleon subforums (-linux) and when I did what I just described above they all opened, and as I did twice to test I ended with 16 new windows

Note: I see that this was fixed in 75.0 but is back in 75.1, or maybe not, maybe become random.

Another bug in menus, after fixing the overlaping, and beyond the new reported by Yogi, is that now, in 2k, the menu icons get black background . The trusted old skins are getting broken on my system You want me to move to new skin system by making all black background tongue sticking out smiley LOL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 12:17AM by JohnHell.

Date: August 07, 2015 03:16AM

Zero3K
Dorian
Zero3K

I've done that and its still not working as expected. For example, Twitter's favicon only shows for its main page.

This issue still isn't fixed.

Date: August 07, 2015 06:32PM

Dorian
- Added: allow function declaration in macros, some main macros are now function, compat75 assure compatibility with older macros

How does one call a function? Is there an example within 75.1? What would I put in the macro to call this function? I have values in the variables.

function _urlbarcolorcompute( $_urlbarcolor_red, $_urlbarcolor_blue, $_urlbarcolor_green, $_urlbarcolor_input) {
  $_BlueValue = $_urlbarcolor_blue*65536; $_GreenValue = $_urlbarcolor_green*256;
  If ($_urlbarcolor_input == "secure") {
  setpref( INTEGER, "browser.urlbar.highlight.secure",   $_BlueValue+$_GreenValue+$_urlbarcolor_red);
  } else {
  setpref( INTEGER, "browser.urlbar.highlight.broken",   $_BlueValue+$_GreenValue+$_urlbarcolor_red);
  }
}

Date: August 07, 2015 07:01PM

Little notes.

[2k and partially XP]
The menus in 75.1 b1u3 not only have black backgrounds, but magenta backgrounds in old skins. Looks like there is not transparent background applied.

The black background isn't shown in XP SP2 but it is the magenta.

I'll try to "clean" of backups (copies of files) and I privately send you the skin if you want to test.

[2k and XP]
The bug in the url bar loading the content as url, if I'm not wrong, can be reproduced as:

Type an url or a bookmark nickname, load it, click the arrow button to display the drop down list, click again, the url is loaded again.

Example:
- type canyouseeme.org
- on finish loading display the url bar drop down list
- hide it
- the url canyouseeme.org, is loaded again

@JamesD I've seen JS_hndlDocs uses it.

Date: August 07, 2015 07:09PM

JohnHell
I think that don't letting the system decide the size of the url bar was a bad idea, not for it, but for the consequence (on me at least, not general). As you, or someone else, asked, why someone would like to have a different size than system default? If the size of text is so tiny, maybe that person should consider the changes on system display preferences...

This is harmless and easy to do. If you don't change the pref, it's not different than before.

JohnHell
- that clicking in the arrow button to open the dropdown url bar menu, displays the old/normal/system drop down menu, not this new modern, so we have now like 2 URL bar control systems together.

That was always the case. In fact, since I've added the icon, they are more similar.I may remove the old one in the future, but for now, one thing at a time

JohnHell
Another bug in menus, after fixing the overlaping, and beyond the new reported by Yogi, is that now, in 2k, the menu icons get black background . The trusted old skins are getting broken on my system You want me to move to new skin system by making all black background tongue sticking out smiley LOL

Yes, please do grinning smiley
But this won't make a difference on w2k.
In 75.1, favicons now share the same processing than skin images, and I suppose they still display correctly for you since you didn't mention them. I could get an hint if they had a black background too, but now it's a mystery.

JamesD
How does one call a function? Is there an example within 75.1? What would I put in the macro to call this function? I have values in the variables.

Like any other function.

MyMacro{
_urlbarcolorcompute(10,20,50);
}

Another example:

function add1($v) {
return $v+1;
}

MyMacro{
$arg1 = add1($ARG);
alert($ARG."+1=".$arg1);
}

Date: August 07, 2015 07:14PM

Dorian
JohnHell

Yes, please do grinning smiley
But this won't make a difference on w2k.
In 75.1, favicons now share the same processing than skin images, and I suppose they still display correctly for you since you didn't mention them. I could get an hint if they had a black background too, but now it's a mystery.

Nop, I swear I did mention problems.

Also, read the last post before you last post. There I tell happens in XP too.

And, sorry, no, I don't want black (and now magent) backgrounds tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 07, 2015 07:29PM

JohnHell
The bug in the url bar loading the content as url, if I'm not wrong, can be reproduced as:

It happens when the content of the url bar and the first choice in the drop down list are the same. This is probably not new, and the default behavior of the combo box. Not sure how I can fix this.

JohnHell

Could you use tabs and tell me if the favicons are showing correctly in the tab bar ?

Date: August 07, 2015 08:56PM

Dorian
JohnHell

It happens when the content of the url bar and the first choice in the drop down list are the same. This is probably not new, and the default behavior of the combo box. Not sure how I can fix this.

This didn't happen in 1.x, but I can be wrong. Siria could confirm.

Dorian
JohnHell

Could you use tabs and tell me if the favicons are showing correctly in the tab bar ?

Oh, you said favicons..., where it was my head in the previous post?

But, even if I never mentioned the favicons, they have black background since I can't recall. Since 74 earlier betas I guess, at the same time Zero3k had problems with them. Probably I really mentioned. I can't remember. With 1.x didn't have icons, or maybe I hadn't enabled them. Too much time the last time I used it.

For this I just got used to it, but in menus and toolbars it is another history. It's horrible to see them with black backgrounds.

BTW, it happens with tabs too.

BTW2, the favicons issue is only in 2k, as any other background issues, except the one of magentas in menus in XP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 09:00PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 07, 2015 09:16PM

Is there still anything having transparency on w2K ? :s (bookmark toolbars, ...)

Klassic skin look fine on xp (not seeing problem with magenta here)

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.