K-Meleon 75.1 RC
Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 26, 2015 06:52PM

A bit late, but here it is.

K-Meleon 75.1 RC installer
K-Meleon 75.1 RC 7z

- fixed: video/animation staying still when switching tab
- fixed: profile inside kmeleon folder was deleted after a second update
- added: "copy link text" in context menu.

Will be fixed in final:
- after force reload, some tabs show a wrong icon.
- macro security check will be removed for now

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 75.1 RC
Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 26, 2015 11:50PM

Great news!

Dorian, is any chance to see 'Paste&Go' command in URLbar's context-menu?

It's one of the most wanted features among new users.

Posted by: KMfan2
Date: August 27, 2015 04:54AM

Some sites tell this: "Your browser is not up to date" . I've tried the "general.useragent.override " to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 K-Meleon/75.0 , it bypass the "your browser..." but after that when i uncheck the "User Agent Mode" Firefox Compatible, it doesn't do that, new pages remain in Compatibility mode. Kmeleon Pro bypass this without this tweak from the begining.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 27, 2015 11:00AM

KMfan2
Some sites tell this: "Your browser is not up to date" . I've tried the "general.useragent.override " to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 K-Meleon/75.0 , it bypass the "your browser..." but after that when i uncheck the "User Agent Mode" Firefox Compatible, it doesn't do that, new pages remain in Compatibility mode. Kmeleon Pro bypass this without this tweak from the begining.

The pref "general.useragent.override" is not set, toggled, or used in the macro which offers the "Compatibility mode". If you add, or change the "general.useragent.override" pref, then you must make the necessary changes to reverse your action.

The macro useragentmode.kmm only uses the prefs "general.useragent.compatMode.firefox" and "kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset".

Date: August 27, 2015 11:31AM

JamesD
KMfan2

The pref "general.useragent.override" is not set, toggled, or used in the macro which offers the "Compatibility mode". If you add, or change the "general.useragent.override" pref, then you must make the necessary changes to reverse your action.

As i see it:
1. If some sites warn about "not up to date" then , by default, the settings must solve this problem, using useragent
2. The settings for switching between Compatibility mode should be set by default like in KM 75 Pro. Because some of us like Compatibility mode, some of us don't.

And there is ONE setting to be done: MARK or UN-MARK Compatibility mode.

By default we have the warrning "not up to date" Should not this problem be solved by deafult ? I'm just asking.

Date: August 27, 2015 01:28PM

The point here is that 'Firefox compatibility mode' makes KM 'useragent-compatible' with it's 'parent' FF - 31 ESR.

And nowadays it could not be enough for some sites (like Mega).

Pro build spoofs default useragent string to impersonate FF38. (And this also isn't enough for Mega, but it works on most other version-checking sites).

'Firefox compatibility mode' has no sense in Pro - it is replaced in fact by 'Firefox 31' menu item in Useragent-switcher popup menu.

Date: August 27, 2015 07:04PM

Important report:

www.livejournal.com (main page and some other JS- and CSS-rich pages) loads all the CPU under Windows 7 and almost freezes the OS if call any KM menu (context, toolbar).

Extremely high CPU load on this site is general for all Geckos, but only KM 75 (all betas-RC-final-75.1) behaves so bad.

Even KM74-31 doesn't freeze nor itself neither system while still is high-loaded in CPU.

Please, Dorian, check this issue!

Date: August 28, 2015 12:02AM

rodocop
www.livejournal.com (main page and some other JS- and CSS-rich pages) loads all the CPU under Windows 7 and almost freezes the OS if call any KM menu (context, toolbar).

It may be because I am not experienced using task mgr. but I am not seeing really high cpu usage on this site. ( 16% )

What do you use to track the cpu usage? Any special settings?

KM 75.1 RC Win 7 (32bit)

Date: August 28, 2015 04:39AM

JamesD
rodocop

It may be because I am not experienced using task mgr. but I am not seeing really high cpu usage on this site. ( 16% )

What do you use to track the cpu usage? Any special settings?

KM 75.1 RC Win 7 (32bit)

Same here.
KM 75.1 RC Win 7 (32bit)
KM 75.1 PRO Win 7 (32bit)

CPU remains at 50%.

I think it's about the scripts running on this page.

http://systemexplorer.net/ - better than taskmanager.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 28, 2015 07:21AM

JamesD

The resulting values may differ depending on what hardware/CPU is involved.
I've tested with 3 browsers. Opera Presto consumes considerable less CPU power while there seem to be no noticeable difference between FxESR 38 and KM 75.
However CPU usage is not noticeable on my mashine no matter which of the 3 browsers above I use.

Screenshot

Addendum:
I've tested now KM 75.1RC. CPU workload is minimale higher than with KM 75
(9% compared to 7%).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 07:37AM by Yogi.

Date: August 28, 2015 11:15AM

I really did not know how to use the resource tab in task manager. I had it on pause. I changed to normal refresh and the site does use more cpu than our forum.

Date: August 28, 2015 05:46PM

The problem with live journal page does not seem to JS. I went to the page with Javascript disabled and the page could show nothing. However, the wait time for the tools menu was quite long. I had to close the history screen in order to get control back to KM.

When/if one does get control back then the error console shows a great many CSS errors and a couple of XML errors.

Date: August 28, 2015 05:49PM

I saw firefox using less cpu until I notice adblock was turned on in firefox. After turning it off here the result:

The second kmeleon in the list is 75-38, which i admit looks fishy smiling smiley

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 28, 2015 06:34PM

Dorian
I saw firefox using less cpu until I notice adblock was turned on in firefox. After turning it off here the result:

The second kmeleon in the list is 75-38, which i admit looks fishy smiling smiley

I have also been experiencing random CPU usage even with no applets being used.

Date: August 28, 2015 08:16PM

Folks,
try to set TOP LJ to 'cyrillic'.

I see you have very different CPU load than me and my russian reporters.
May be LJ loads different set of CSS for Runet and all the other world (LJ is now owned by russian market company)

Also couldn't you report your AdBlock subscriptions config?

UPD.: This is my Task Manager screeny:

UPD.2^: This CPU-madness shows up only on main page of LJ and some rare single posts. Most of posts do not eat my CPU at all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 08:31PM by rodocop.

Date: August 28, 2015 09:22PM

That's it!
As soon as I change to cyrillic, CPU consumption rockets to 24% in idle state and stays so.
That's a very high value for my Quad-Core CPU.
screenshot

(I don't use AdBlock.)

Date: August 29, 2015 12:58AM

I should amend my report again: KM74 has the same behaviour as 75 - the difference was due to the localization (km74-31 doesn't have ru-locale, so LJ showed non-cyrillic version for it...)

Date: August 29, 2015 09:06AM

Well, since FF31 do the same, this is just gecko then.

In any case, the problem is less gecko than the idiot who made the scripts on this page.
</rant>

rodocop

Probably not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 09:28AM by Dorian.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 29, 2015 11:14AM

Ah, never suspected this could be another menu type as all others :-/
Well, pity, so guess it's a case for adding to the FAQ:
Users shall just do it the K-Meleon way:
If some text-address is highlighted on the current page, then just click the Go-Button, no copy-paste necessary at all.
If the address is in the clipboard, right-click on the Go-Button instead of URL-bar and "Paste and Go"

BTW is there any way a user could address the menu in about:config? Would long since like to add some links to pref-info-lists, so far have to use a mousegesture...

PS: thank for copylinktext! smiling smiley
Now wondering about the new menu on search-button, and macros adressing old+new versions, but at the moment haven't installed and tried out 75.1 yet, only looked inside toolbars.cfg...

Posted by: anon
Date: August 29, 2015 02:45PM

Dorian
Well, since FF31 do the same, this is just gecko then.

In any case, the problem is less gecko than the idiot who made the scripts on this page.
</rant>

rodocop

Probably not

what about overriding the control?
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1057/How-to-modify-a-CEdit-context-menu

Date: August 30, 2015 09:25PM

Ok, since the options in the default menu are rarely used, with this update you can override it with a menu called URLBar

For example:
URLBar {
!Edit
Paste&&Go=macros(Go_Paste)
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2015 09:28PM by Dorian.

Date: August 30, 2015 10:50PM

Great!

Date: August 31, 2015 12:23AM

Dorian
URLBar {
!Edit
Paste&&Go=macros(Go_Paste)
}

Use EDIT > CONFIGURATION > MENUS, copy and paste Dorian's code, and save the file. That plus this macro installs 'Paste & Go'.

A better macro already exists in main.kmm.

Method is to copy a URL, then right click on the URL currently in the URLBAR, and choose 'Paste & Go'.

pasteandgo.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# ---------- pasteandgo.kmm  ----------------------------------------------------------
# Add macro 'Go_Paste' as target for item in URLBar menu
# Dependencies	: URLBar menu and KM 75.1RCu1 or later (
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go_Paste {
macroinfo = _("Paste URL from clipboard and go.") ;
id(ID_EDIT_PASTE);
id(ID_NAV_GO);
}

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."pasteandgo;";

Thank you, Dorian.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 11:28AM by JamesD.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 31, 2015 12:33AM

What I would do is simply append the whole "_Go" menu there :cool:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 12:10PM by siria.

Date: August 31, 2015 11:24AM

siria

You are right. My macro is not needed.

Date: August 31, 2015 03:41PM

Thanks for the update.
It also fixed a strange behaviour of K-Meleon.
If the language K-Meleon was set up to use for its GUI (in my case it is EN) didn't match the language of the the OS (mine is DE), right-clicking in the address field gave me a pop-up menu in German. All other menus were in English as expected.

Posted by: Slickone
Date: August 31, 2015 05:45PM

After my update, all my favicons (for the ones that ever showed up) are gone. Any way to prevent that next time?

Also I know it's been discussed before, but most pages/bookmarks still never have favicons.

Date: August 31, 2015 07:10PM

Slickone
After my update, all my favicons (for the ones that ever showed up) are gone. Any way to prevent that next time?

Also I know it's been discussed before, but most pages/bookmarks still never have favicons.

This is specific to this update because the favcicon storage has changed. They should be back after you visit the page again.

Date: September 01, 2015 02:45PM

Dorian, please update ru-locale for KM 75.1

Date: September 02, 2015 12:01PM

A small formatting problem with the setmenu() statements appeared in my work recently. Without a separator statement the popup menu indicator is jammed up against the longest label. With the separator statement included, the indicator is in the proper place.

KM 75.1 RC u1 on Win 7 (32 bit).

With separator statement

Same code with separator statement commented out

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.