Dorian

Very much unfinished. Sent you a PM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 75.1 RC
Posted by: Slickone
Date: September 05, 2015 03:54PM

Dorian
Slickone
After my update, all my favicons (for the ones that ever showed up) are gone. Any way to prevent that next time?

Also I know it's been discussed before, but most pages/bookmarks still never have favicons.

This is specific to this update because the favcicon storage has changed. They should be back after you visit the page again.
They came back for a few, but most did not. But they never had any show up to begin with. Even popular sites like google maps, google drive, craigslist, AOL, weather.com, etc.

Date: September 06, 2015 02:47AM

-- A printing bug in K-Meleon --

Greetings, Everyone:

There appears to be a bug in printing with K-Meleon. At least one particular HTTP-page will proceed to crash the browser as soon as a print command is given.

The printed page comes out, if at all, only in part, and then only after logging off (but not necessarily shutting off the computer). When the KM crashes I try to get rid of the k-meleon.exe
from the memory by using the task manager to make certain the KM restarts properly after the crash; it does start OK. The only page that does this with KM (whose URL I remember) is

http://whoer.net/extended/

Sometimes http://whoer.net/ is not available, so I change it to https://, etc. which is more reliably reachable. The "light version" presents no such printing difficulties.

1. This webpage normally would come out as three paper pages.
2. Crashing happens only while attempting to print the comtents of paper page No.2 (i.e. pages 1+2, pages 2+3, page 2 alone, or even "Select All (Ctrl+A)" + Print selection). When I click open the printer driver window, it says "Spooling".
3. I use the "PRIVACY BAR" and it is all RED, except that I do ask for images to be shown. I could try a different setting.
4. The other browser, one which comes with the operating system and which does not need any additional publicity from me, prints this page normally (ver. 11).
5. The URL also can be retrieved through an intermediary (proxy via HTTP(S)). For this purpose I try to use J. Marshall's. All checkboxes are checked. Now everything is fine -- prints like a charm.
6. Pages that cause this bad behavior seem to be very rare. Maybe someone else has found something similar?
7. When viewing, not yet printing, with either browser I get a message box or two involving Java. It says something like "The Java program has been stopped. Too dangerous for the computer." But, at least with KM, I do not use any java things (or do I?). This might be a clue ...

KM here is the K-Meleon 75.0 in several versions, including the final one. Not yet 75.1. Locale en-us, if this matters. This is all for now.

Regards, mitakuye.oyasin

----------------------------
Computer: Dell Optiplex 990
Printer: HP Laser Jet 3015
HP Universal Printing PCL 5
Op. System -- Windows 7

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 06, 2015 06:34PM

mitakuye.oyasin
There appears to be a bug in printing with K-Meleon. At least one particular HTTP-page will proceed to crash the browser as soon as a print command is given.

Flash crashes during the printing. Enable flashblock or kill flash first.

Slickone
They came back for a few, but most did not. But they never had any show up to begin with. Even popular sites like google maps, google drive, craigslist, AOL, weather.com, etc.

In about:config toggle browser.chrome.favicons.
I thought it was in the FAQ
I admit something must be done about this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 06:39PM by Dorian.

Date: September 06, 2015 10:29PM

Dorian

To Dorian:

Hello, OK, I'll do this but not right now (no printing as of now).

Thanks for the quick answer.

Additionally, K-Meleon75.1RC.exe does not install properly, so I'll use the 7-zipped package instead. The "exe" runs and begins to unpack the data, then most of the new data self-destructs very fast (???).
But the "7z" is fine.

--------------------
Respectfully,
mitakuye.oyasin

Posted by: siria
Date: September 07, 2015 12:10AM

Finally got around to copy and unzip 75.1 RC1 upd1 on Vista to quickly check a few things.

Still missing in out-of-box menus are:
- Open file...
- (browser) Offline

all other commands can be found in the compact menu, only those 2 important ones seem to be missing yet. It appears the compact menu is the replacement for the hidden main menu, so it should be complete, which it is except for those 2.

Right-clicking the Search-Button (globe) does nothing, no menu

Those most important gecko prefs are still missing, even in about:config
permissions.default.subdocument
permissions.default.stylesheet
permissions.default.script
permissions.default.object

There are even more, but without documentation:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Permissions.default.image#Related_preferences

Had missed those badly for years, simply unaware they long since existed and worked great! (only had found objects)

A big catch is of course the missing GUI to set exceptions. Even about:permissions doesn't contain them, or are they elsewhere...?
But at least it's possible to edit permissions.sqlite manually, even for KM1.6 on win98 smiling smiley (although only with a stone age editor, can't even sort columns by name, ugh)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2015 12:14AM by siria.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: September 07, 2015 05:54PM

siria
Right-clicking the Search-Button (globe) does nothing, no menu

Didn't notice till reading your post since I'm using the Klassic skin where it works.

Date: September 08, 2015 04:38PM

mitakuye.oyasin
Additionally, K-Meleon75.1RC.exe does not install properly, so I'll use the 7-zipped package instead. The "exe" runs and begins to unpack the data, then most of the new data self-destructs very fast (???).

Huh????
Anyone else can confirm?

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 08, 2015 09:56PM

mitakuye.oyasin
Dorian

To Dorian:

Hello, OK, I'll do this but not right now (no printing as of now).

Thanks for the quick answer.

But the "7z" is fine.

--------------------
Respectfully,
mitakuye.oyasin

1.) Flash. Debugger here (also) says it is the flash pluggin. But the crash on that page is in other versions of K-Meleon also. FF nightly that I used for comparison did not crash.

2.) Print. Confirmed for 75.1RC XPpro SP3 with 75.1RC setup out of the box. Printing here does not work even after I deactivate flash. Flashblock. Kill Flash.

Print works in 74 after deacivating flash. But there I have an other way to deactivate flash with a macro from naruman. For 74 I used Din4 = a European standard format. I will test some more.

3.) Exe installed. No problems. XPpro SP3: K-M German, portable and unique setup place. I need more details to try to reproduce the setup bug. IMHO.

Thx in advance for your efforts and feedback

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 10:07PM by guenter.

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: September 09, 2015 01:13PM

The Session Manager K-Plugin may have some bugs in K-Meleon 75.1RC

Becuase I noticed that importing sessions from K-Meleon 74.0 some of the windows are loaded in a diffrent order than they are in k-Meleon 74.0.

K-Meleon 75.0 does not have this problem and loads the windows in the proper order.

Date: September 10, 2015 09:04AM

Rebarmenu has a new bug in KM75.1RC(up1). The menu is way too narrow.
In 75.0 it shows normal.

Big Prob: in both versions the rebarmenu-checkmarks are broken again sad smiley
I remember it had been fixed some months ago in some earlier version...

For testing:
add this line to any of your macros, then find it on top of View-Menu:
setmenu("&View",command,"test rebarmenu Priv","rebarmenu(&Privacy)",0);

Edit:
Whow... in the View menu it takes the whole screen width!!
Contrary to my Blockeria menu, at the right-side, which barely gets 1cm!

Most insteresting though:
just noticed that one of my never-published macros does show checkmarks!
And well possible that that's the one I had used for testing back then when I thought rebarmenu had been fixed. Hmm, that one is called from a button, the other from a command in a menu... must test more...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2015 10:05AM by siria.

Date: September 10, 2015 10:45AM

Finally figured out at least why this one macro shows the checkmarks right, but probably will not help much:
Its menu appears additionally in the "Main" menu! So when firing rebarmenu (by button or menu) it actually opens the 'normal' menu in the Menu bar! Cleary visible because it opens at the menubar position, not anywhere near where the command was clicked. Even when the menubar is hidden!
Oh well, at least there's no need to open it to create the checkmarks.

Updated test, shows checkmarks by rebarmenu:
setmenu("Main",popup,"&Privacy");
setmenu("&View",command,"test rebarmenu Priv","rebarmenu(&Privacy)",0);

Helps in KM74, 75, 75.1RC.
Now wondering if perhaps a macro could temporarily add its menu to the menubar each time and right-afterwards delete it again, in theory could work...
Anyways, that's already a huge step forward compared to KM1.6, where not even an additional menubar-menu fixes the checkmarks!

=============

But now here's yet another rebarmenu bug sad smiley
When the menubar is hidden, and a rebarmenu-button is placed in the top line, it only flashes shortly its own menu but then opens the "hidden" menu behind it's back! Which one depends on the position, more left or right. Only if there is no menubar-menu at this position, the button works normal.
This bug affects KM74, 75, 75.1RC - but NOT KM1.6

Would be really great if this plugin could finally be fixed, because basically it's great, love and use it in many macros.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2015 11:08AM by siria.

Date: September 10, 2015 07:01PM

@siria, here a partial fix for you. But rebarmenu will be removed in the future.

Date: September 11, 2015 02:59AM

Thank you! But sounds like bad news too sad smiley Any idea when...? Unless there will be other ways to pop up a menu by macro then? Thinking of the new skin system which can open left-click-menus without rebarmenu already...

fixed: opening bad URLs (my chrome-xul) does open a new, empty window now - no ghost windows anymore that need taskmanager to kill KM if the last window is closed by windowcorner-X

fixed:
+ rebarmenu shows now checkmarks
+ and opens the own menu always, but
- if typed urls are set to open a new tab or window, cancelling the menu by clicking aside it opens a new page! With a short flicker that toggles all privbar green for a split second.

old bug in URLbar dropdown:
someone had complained about it a couple days ago, and at the time I couldnt reproduce it. No idea why.
Now suddenly have the same prob, even in 75.0 too: navigating in urlbar history makes it impossible to edit a history-URL before opening it. Arrow-left-right works like up-down now, not as copy-to-urlbar anymore. And when just placing the mouse into URLbar for edition, this acts like "Go!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2015 02:47PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 11, 2015 01:00PM

siria

Perhaps this will this help replace rebarmenu?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/MacroLanguage2#popupmenu()

$RETURN = popupmenu( MENU NAME, VALUE ) ; Since version 75.0

Displays the named menu in actionable or view-only mode.
If VALUE is true, then $RETURN is 1 if successful or 0 if not. (see false below)
Value Results
true (1) The menu is shown in actionable mode.
false (0) The menu is shown in view-only mode and $RETURN will have the menu's numeric id.

Note: A menu's numeric id may be used in the id() statement.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 11, 2015 04:45PM

The latest version has been crashing without the Crash Plugin (that I have enabled) picking them up.

Date: September 11, 2015 06:16PM

JamesD
Perhaps this will this help replace rebarmenu?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/MacroLanguage2#popupmenu()
$RETURN = popupmenu( MENU NAME, VALUE )
Note: A menu's numeric id may be used in the id() statement.

Ouf, YES! Thank you grinning smiley
Although I don't understand for which purpose that Return and id-thing is here for, but played around with it, and looks like this works identic:
plugin("rebarmenu","&Privacy");
popupmenu("&Privacy");

There are pro's and con's.
A huge PRO is that it doesn't depend anymore from a plugin that the user may have disabled!
A CON is that it needs an own, additional macro e.g. when putting it on a toolbar button (addbutton could take directly "rebarmenu", but not "popupmenu" - unless I'm doing something wrong).

And of course all the hassle with different KM-versions, sigh, if possible I want to keep my macros universal for 1.6,74 and 75.

The funny thing is that both methods work exactly the same in 75.0+75.1, same bugs, except that yesterdays brandnew update2 has fully fixed "popupmenu", while rebarmenu now has that new-page-bug when clicking beside it :cool:

@dorian:
Am sure I don't fully understand it yet, but to avoid additional handler macros for special cases, a native macro in main.kmm could be very handy smiling smiley
popupmenu{ popupmenu($ARG); }

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2015 06:20PM by siria.

Date: September 11, 2015 11:44PM

siria

I am not at home this week and my laptop does not have my notes. I have some info on the menu id at home. I will look them up when I can.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 13, 2015 09:15PM

Bug found.

75.1RCu1 doesn't load search.xml from locales - always uses default one.

KM 75.1b did this OK.

Date: September 15, 2015 05:08PM

rodocop
Bug found.

75.1RCu1 doesn't load search.xml from locales - always uses default one.

KM 75.1b did this OK.

Any error in console? Xml is loaded by kmSearchService.js and nothing has changed.

siria
And of course all the hassle with different KM-versions, sigh, if possible I want to keep my macros universal for 1.6,74 and 75.

You can check for plugin existence or use the new $VERSION variable (precise but not practical since it returns an internal version number)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 05:35PM by Dorian.

Date: September 15, 2015 07:19PM

Dorian
siria

You can check for plugin existence or use the new $VERSION variable (precise but not practical since it returns an internal version number)

Yeah that cryptic number doesn't help a thing. Additionally there's a slight danger it could be overwritten by careless macros, having such a universal name.

In the past (pre-74) this was used, created in main.kmm:
$KM_Version=getpref(STRING,"general.useragent.vendorSub");
That was very handy, the name was specific and the version in clear text like "1.5.4" or "1.6.0"

Sadly it stopped working when KM74 appeared, although the var in main.kmm still remains to this day, but that vendor-pref is vanished. So the version was now empty too and useless.

Then again, considering I myself sometimes spoofed that vendor-pref, it wasn't 100% foolprof either.
There should just be one simple and readable Var, still named $KM_Version, but defined fix in main.kmm, without relying on volatile prefs.
Anyway, too late now, it's already a hopeless chaos between last couple of main versions.

Since 7X the best bet seems to me now platform.ini, so my latest version check goes like this:

_permdef_getKMver{
$_permdef_KMver="1X";
$_x=substr(iniread("Build","Milestone","", getfolder(RootFolder)."\\platform.ini"),0,2);
$_x=="24" ? $_permdef_KMver="74" : 0;
$_x=="31" ? $_permdef_KMver="75" : 0;
$_x>"31" ? $_permdef_KMver="99" : 0;
}

(If later needed for other macros could probably change first line to recognize 1.5 too: $_permdef_KMver=$KM_Version )

PS offtopic:
is there any chance to use a variable as part of a variable name? Similar like macro names can be combined with vars:
macroxxx{macros("xyz_".$ARG)}
Use case: is it possible to ask via prompt for a var name, then an alert shows the value?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 07:23PM by siria.

Posted by: ray
Date: September 15, 2015 08:50PM

Dorian,

Thanks for implementing kmeleon.display.urlbar_fontsize!

Works great!

Date: September 17, 2015 08:11PM

I am having a problem with the menugrayed statement in a macro which I am trying to write. I am using KM 75.1 RC u1 for testing.

I think that I have the format correct, but it has been a long time since I have used this statement.

In the buildmenu macro I have this statement.
setpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.cleared", false);
The menu is built in three sections and this section is called by the first.
_Adblockplugin_BuildMenu_3 {
menugrayed = getpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.cleared"); 
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "View the log", "_Adblockplugin_logs(adblock)", 3);
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "Clear the log", "_Adblockplugin_clear_log", 4);
}
If 'Clear the log' is used then the two menu items about the log should be grayed out or inactive.

These statements are at the end of the "_Adblockplugin_clear_log" macro.
setpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.cleared", true);
#rebuildmenu($_adA);
macros("_Adblockplugin_BuildMenu_3");
I have tried both rebuildmenu, calling the macro, and both together. I never get the menu items grayed out. I do not wish to say that this is a bug, unless I am sure that I am doing the code correctly.

Does it matter that the setmenu statements for log are not all of the statements in $_adA ?

setpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.cleared", false); 
    setpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.cleared", false); 
    $_adp= "Adblock Plugin";
	setmenu("PrivacySecurity", popup, $_adp, -1);
    setmenu($_adp, macro, "Disable", "_Adblockplugin_disable", 0);
    setmenu($_adp, macro, "Logging", "_Adblockplugin_logging", 1);
    $_adA= "Actions";  $_adAm= "Automatics";
	setmenu($_adp, popup, $_adA, 3);
	setmenu($_adp, popup, $_adAm, 4);    
    setmenu($_adp, separator, $_adA);    
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "Subscriptions' List", "_Adblockplugin_subscriptions", 0);
    macros("_Adblockplugin_BuildMenu_2");  ## rules items
    macros("_Adblockplugin_BuildMenu_3");  ## log items
    setmenu($_adAm, macro, "Auto delete the rules", "_Adblockplugin_Aclear_rules", 0);
    setmenu($_adAm, macro, "Set interval for rules", "_Adblockplugin_Aclear_rules_I", 1);
    setmenu($_adAm, separator, 2);     
    setmenu($_adAm, macro, "Auto delete the log", "_Adblockplugin_Aclear_log", 3); 
    setmenu($_adAm, macro, "Set interval for log", "_Adblockplugin_Aclear_log_I", 4); 
    ## create toolbar and set button
    addtoolbar("Adblock_plugin") ;
    addbutton("Adblock_plugin", "macros(_Adblockplugin_toggle)", "Adblock Plugin", "Adblock plugin ON/OFF");
    macros("_Adblockplugin_toolbar_set");
    }
}

_Adblockplugin_BuildMenu_2 {
menugrayed = getpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.cleared"); 
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "View the rules", "_Adblockplugin_rules(adblock)", 1);
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "Clear the rules", "_Adblockplugin_clear_rules", 2);
}

_Adblockplugin_BuildMenu_3 {
menugrayed = getpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.cleared"); 
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "View the log", "_Adblockplugin_logs(adblock)", 3);
    setmenu($_adA, macro, "Clear the log", "_Adblockplugin_clear_log", 4);
}

Date: September 17, 2015 08:51PM

Ouch... looks like a fundamental misunderstanding of the "menugrayed" function ;-) It has no use in any BuildMenu modules! Instead it belongs into single macros (e.g. _Adblockplugin_clear_rules).

And in MENUs rebuilding of any sort is not necessary for graying or ungraying. The menugrayed-line in the single macros works fully automatic, exactly like the checkmarks.

My guess: perhaps you confused it with the "checkbutton" function on buttons? That works completely different and buttons do need to be kicked each time before changing display state, buttons have NO automatic connection with prefs etc.

"Rebuildmenu" to my knowledge never did anything, and neither was it ever needed to change a menu (it's only in the wiki to confuse users, and years ago I fell into that trap too :coolsmiling smiley. In fact the normal setmenu-commands can be used later in sessions as well, without any probs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2015 08:53PM by siria.

Date: September 18, 2015 12:32PM

siria

This old guy whose memory is failing, thanks you. It really is much simpler than I had thought.

_Adblockplugin_clear_rules {
macroinfo=_("Delete the current rules file (adblock.txt).");
menugrayed = getpref(BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.cleared");  
$__path=getfolder(ProfileFolder)."\\adblock.txt" ;
}

Date: September 18, 2015 08:21PM

Dorian
Any error in console? Xml is loaded by kmSearchService.js and nothing has changed.
No other than general one 'Cannot read \here-the-path-goes\chrome.manifest' present in any modern build.

But KM doesn't read search.xml from russian locale and shows default list of search engines without Yandex, Wikipedia Russia etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 08:28PM by rodocop.

Date: September 19, 2015 12:51PM

And now we see not only KM 75.1 released

but also KM76alpha!

So, let's look into these great news! :drool:

Posted by: Brian
Date: March 04, 2016 09:58AM

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0 K-Meleon/75.1,gzip(gfe)

If you notice the "FIREFOX/41.0" in the useragent string above...

THIS is the version of FIREFOX you should have in your about:config "general.useragent.override" string setting...AS FIREFOX UPDATES JUST UPDATE THIS ENTRY TO WHATEVER IS THE NEWEST VERSION NUMBER FOR FIREFOX CURRENT NUMBER...MINE WORKS FINE NOW.

I know that this is really old post, but if you have gone through a big hassle over this, this is an easy, working, fix for this situation.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.