Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-Meleon 75.1
Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 17, 2015 06:11PM

Download installer / Download 7z

What's new:
Update to Gecko 31.8
Chg: moved bmpmenu into core, plugin bmpmenu now is only used for compatibility with older skins using menuicons.cfg
Chg: using gecko favicon cache
Chg: improved autocomplete result display
Add: allow function declaration in macros
Add: macro function date(format[, time]).
Add: macro function download(url, path[, function]).
Add: kmeleon.display.urlbar_fontsize (multiplier, default is 1)
Add: "copy link text" in context menu.
Add: "URLBar" menu to customize the context menu of the url bar.
Fix: various minor memory leaks
Fix: losing sessions when disk full
Fix: last session could stop being saved after a while
Fix: video/animation staying still when switching tab

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2015 10:44AM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 75.1
Posted by: Yogi
Date: September 19, 2015 07:30PM

Thanks. smiling smiley

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 20, 2015 09:40PM

What I should report is that tabs with pages loaded fully by plugins (Ex.: PDF reader or IE Tab) do load (at first plugin load at session) only from second time - you need to manually refresh page after tab is opened (it stays empty without it).

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 21, 2015 04:25PM

1.) 75.1 and 76a. Macro Kill Flash in privacy bar when clicked. Error console reads:

Mon Sep 21 2015 18:19:47
Error: The variable '' is used without being initialized

p.s. Private macro odd crashes/behaviour.

2.) 76a also 75.1. Default skin. Flash toggle macro by naruman. Attached.

When You add flash.kmm to macros it still works normal.

If I add flash.bmp to skin folders ./default or ./shared I get a reproducable crash on startup.

Now if I use my own favourite old style skin. And change to that skin before the flash.bmp is copied to the folder e.g. default - no crash and the macro works fine.

I use my own skin by default anyway. So it is no problem & i just want to mention it because the odd behaviour possibly affects other things to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 10:13PM by guenter.

Attachments: flash.7z (1.2 KB)  
Posted by: Mtestlab
Date: September 22, 2015 05:26PM

Hope I'm in the right place. Kinda following guenter' post regarding privacy bar issues.

I really like the new 75.1! Thanks for the time and energy. Still the best browser. And now I don't need to rely on my Opera as a backup grinning smiley

However:

My customized privacy bar (Clear/view flash cookies w/FlashCookprivbar.bmp etc.)

Does not "stick" any more. IOW I have to manually select it from View -> toolbars -> Privacy Bar, everytime I restart K-M 75.1 (and 75.0).

Also, I get no menu etc.when I right click User Agent Button.

Otherwise it all works fine.

My previous K-M (K-Meleon 1.6.0_Beta2_en-US.exe + KM-16-S2014) Worked fine.

Date: September 22, 2015 06:15PM

Mtestlab

However:

My customized privacy bar (Clear/view flash cookies w/FlashCookprivbar.bmp etc.)

Does not "stick" any more. IOW I have to manually select it from View -> toolbars -> Privacy Bar, everytime I restart K-M 75.1 (and 75.0).

Also, I get no menu etc.when I right click User Agent Button.

Otherwise it all works fine.

1.) Customized Skin/bar. The skin codes have changed. There is compatibilty with old skins if You use an old skin. That is how I read Dorian's comments. Try old customisation with an old skin.

2.) The old user agent macro has been removed/changed. You can try with the version useragent.kmm from 1.6 and the subequent code as useragent.js in browser/defaults/preferences/. It may still work. I have not checked lately because the feature is IMHO redundant now. If the code still does work please maybe update to contemporary UA strings.

If questions about details of this remain maybe ask in General.

/********************************************************************************************************/
// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 3.5");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19 GTB7.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "SeaMonkey 2.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101123 SeaMonkey/2.0.11");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Firefox 3.6");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.2.26) Gecko/20120128 Firefox/3.6.26 GTB7.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name", "Firefox 10");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0a1) Gecko/20111008 Firefox/10.0a1");

/

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 22, 2015 06:26PM

I use both old and new skins and never had some toolbar gone on restart under 75-branch.

It may be gone when you change skin and browser reloads skin.js. But anyway you should have prefs for your bars saved in prefs.js.

Very strange case. I don't understand the reason. Should suggest that there is some problem with write-rights or maybe prefs.js accidently gets 'read-only' attribute?

Posted by: Mtestlab
Date: September 22, 2015 06:47PM

guenter

1.) Customized Skin/bar. The skin codes have changed. There is compatibilty with old skins if You use an old skin. That is how I read Dorian's comments. Try old customisation with an old skin.

2.) The old user agent macro has been removed/changed. You can try with the version useragent.kmm from 1.6 and the subequent code as useragent.js in browser/defaults/preferences/. It may still work. I have not checked lately because the feature is IMHO redundant now. If the code still does work please maybe update to contemporary UA strings.

If questions about details of this remain maybe ask in General.

/********************************************************************************************************/
// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 3.5");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19 GTB7.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "SeaMonkey 2.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101123 SeaMonkey/2.0.11");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Firefox 3.6");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.2.26) Gecko/20120128 Firefox/3.6.26 GTB7.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name", "Firefox 10");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0a1) Gecko/20111008 Firefox/10.0a1");

/

Fabulous!

Thanks. Renamed skin to Klassic-1.60 and voila!grinning smiley
User agent option on right click works fine now!

Thanks guenter

rodocop
I use both old and new skins and never had some toolbar gone on restart under 75-branch.

It may be gone when you change skin and browser reloads skin.js. But anyway you should have prefs for your bars saved in prefs.js.

Very strange case. I don't understand the reason. Should suggest that there is some problem with write-rights or maybe prefs.js accidently gets 'read-only' attribute?

Thanks for the input. Got me to do some digging:
Funny I don't have a skin.js in my old 1.60 folder (?)

Checked the prefs No read only issue

But all is working well now.

I'll sleuth around and report anything I find.

Date: September 22, 2015 07:43PM

User Agent(16,16){
ID_APP_ABOUT|&User Agent
Check Browser Identity. Right-click to choose different User Agent.
menu1.bmp[8]
menu1.bmp[8]

Right click code is in the old skins.

Together with the macro and the js code it can even possibly work as expected by You.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 07:44PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 22, 2015 10:06PM

@guenter, regarding flash.kmm

There's a comma too much near the end of line-35 (the addbutton line), marked in red here, should be deleted. Haven't tested myself yet though:
....Flash.bmp[0],","");

If it helps, then the old toolbar-plugin is just more forgiving.
That said, I usually just crop that whole mysterious suffix after the last image number. It is correct acc. the wiki for plugin commands, but not even there the purpose of this empty field was ever explained. And macro buttons always worked fine without it:
....Flash.bmp[0]");

Date: September 26, 2015 07:54PM

Bug in text-toolbars?
Added a little bar via toolbars.cfg, the button names starting with "!" to get a text toolbar. But it's way too long: KM calculates the toolbar length always with additional space for a 32px icon after each button.
Struggled extremely long with that now, lots of trial+error tests, but no chance. When adding *narrow* icons to the buttons, the actually become smaller, but still at the right toolbar end there's lots of blocked, wasted empty space.

PS: is there any way to create a text-toolbar by macro? With or without additional icons? Can't find any, neither with old or new macro commands. The new one seems not to contain any button names, so no way to add the "!" there...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2015 08:19PM by siria.

Date: September 27, 2015 11:30AM

siria
@guenter, regarding flash.kmm

There's a comma too much near the end of line-35 (the addbutton line), marked in red here, should be deleted. Haven't tested myself yet though:
....Flash.bmp[0],","");

If it helps, then the old toolbar-plugin is just more forgiving.
That said, I usually just crop that whole mysterious suffix after the last image number. It is correct acc. the wiki for plugin commands, but not even there the purpose of this empty field was ever explained. And macro buttons always worked fine without it:
....Flash.bmp[0]");

Line 35 of flash.kmm. The same code reappears in the next line end. So I assumed change both fragments.

Neither .$info.",64,13,Flash.bmp[1],Flash.bmp[0]");

Nor .$info.",64,13,Flash.bmp[1],Flash.bmp[0]","");

Both changes do not help to solve the crash with new default skin.

Or did i do anything wrong?

p.s. And it is only with that new "default" not with the old skins that i constantly use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 11:32AM by guenter.

Re: K-Meleon 75.1 / macro adding button to PrivBar
Date: September 27, 2015 12:57PM

Bad news...
Makes me finally realize now, after having struggled a lot yesterday with new TEXT toolbars, or rather reminded me again that the old and new PrivBar are build completely different! The old skins have PrivBars that consist of painted pics ONLY, while the new 75 privbar buttons show real TEXT plus a little icon. Now your macro tries to insert a new picture button into a text toolbar - no wonder it crashes...

Basically the possibility of text toolbars plus mini-icon would be great and much more flexible, but my new toolbar yesterday was an endless struggle with 1000 trial&errors, because I needed NARROW icons. Until finally giving up, after realizing that text toolbars seem to waste a minimum reserved icon space of 32px per button, which sums up too much. Now hope it's only a bug and not a feature or perhaps just a mistake on my part ;-) Also it seems the new system wants rectangular icons, unless the toolbar size (0,0) is changed to some values.

Prob: found no way yet to insert macro buttons into new TEXT privbars by macro

Alternatives:
- add new PrivBar buttons by editing toolbars.cfg, not by macro
- OR have the macro create a separate new toolbar for it, by naming it differently, e.g. "FlashButton"
This requires to also create it first: pluginmsg(toolbars,"AddToolbar","FlashButton,64,13");

PS: your flash macro only toggles the well known objects-permission, one of my absolute favorites, also used in all my recent macros :-) And the second option it contains is Block DOM-storage, both permissions I used in my very first macro attempts ages ago, completely clueless yet, and used it ever since grinning smiley But the description in the kmm is wrong, it says DOMstorage would block "Flash-Cookies", but those are a different thing, stored in macromedia folder. While DOMstorage lands in webappsstore.sqlite in profile, if I remember right ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 01:01PM by siria.

Date: September 27, 2015 07:37PM

siria
Bad news...
Makes me finally realize now, after having struggled a lot yesterday with new TEXT toolbars, or rather reminded me again that the old and new PrivBar are build completely different! The old skins have PrivBars that consist of painted pics ONLY, while the new 75 privbar buttons show real TEXT plus a little icon. Now your macro tries to insert a new picture button into a text toolbar - no wonder it crashes...

PS: your flash macro only toggles the well known objects-permission, one of my absolute favorites, also used in all my recent macros :-) And the second option it contains is Block DOM-storage, both permissions I used in my very first macro attempts ages ago, completely clueless yet, and used it ever since grinning smiley But the description in the kmm is wrong, it says DOMstorage would block "Flash-Cookies", but those are a different thing, stored in macromedia folder. While DOMstorage lands in webappsstore.sqlite in profile, if I remember right ...

Thx siria that solves that puzzle of mine. I would not have found out without Your post. Since it does not matter for my own use it can stay like that.

No to ps. It prevents Dom-storage by site. Among that are super cookies

http://www.com-magazin.de/tipps-tricks/firefox/dom-storage-ausschalten-209597.html

the first of which were the flash cookies.

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/27310/super-cookie

It should not matter IMHO where the GRE stores parts of the info.

I do not use this feature but knowing naruman's other work I assume it works.

OT. As said before it is a kmm by AFAIK naruman. I do not know enough to make such things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 07:40PM by guenter.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: September 27, 2015 09:31PM

Flash cookies (.sol), however we might call them, aren't stored through DOM storage.
I have DOM storage always disabled through my user.js since I don't feel the need for persistent tracking cookies.
However a few sites will refuse to work if they aren't allowed to set their persistent cookie. An example is the file hoster MEGA which will ask you to use a 'modern' browser. tongue sticking out smiley

Re: K-Meleon 75.1 / installer/uninstaller is 75.0?
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: October 05, 2015 04:52PM

It looks like the KM 75.1 installer/uninstaller version (helper.exe) is v75.0 and the version of the K-meleon 75.1 browser shown in the Programs & Features control panel section of Vista/7/8/10 says "K-meleon 75.0 (x86 en-US)" :O.

Someone forgot to change/update the installation version info for K-meleon 75.1 completely.

Re: K-Meleon 75.1 / installer/uninstaller is 75.0?
Date: October 11, 2015 10:12PM

Something easy smiling smiley
In this thread and the changelog.txt missing improvements:

KM75.1:
most of the great new macrocommands (appendfile, copyfile etc.), which are marked on macrolanguage-wiki with "75.1"

KM75.0 (beta3/RC2):
readfile size-limit was increased from max.32766 to max.65535

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 10:13PM by siria.

Posted by: Juanjo
Date: October 28, 2015 10:33AM

I have back to K-meleon after some years and, again, I feel that I have found the appropiate browser for my XP running in my old computer..

Gracias Dorian!!

Date: October 29, 2015 08:30PM

How can one set a menu icon with a pic number by macro?
Thought like this, but now finally tested and it shows nothing:
setcmdicon("macros(FileOpenDir_last)", "menu1.png[4]");

An extracted solo-image without a number works fine.

test macro here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,136075,136079#msg-136079

Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016

Date: October 29, 2015 09:26PM

Ha, finally got it working! After endless trial&error with all sorts of syntax tests:
image.png[4,16,16]

AARGH!!! And of course, now wanting to add this to my notes, find there this old link:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,132229,132317#msg-132317

Had only thought if searching in the macrolanguage-wiki.
Syntax-examples for the new commands would be most important there.
So much stuff in the forum - and so often not found or overlooked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2015 09:34PM by siria.

Posted by: Anfin
Date: January 07, 2016 07:20PM

Got a strange behavior here. The installer creates one functional folder at the target destination (C:/Program Files/K-Meleon), and then one more folder at the installer folder destination (C:/Documents/Downloads). If I just delete the surplus folder, nothing happens. Is it a feature or a bug?
(Win XP 32 bit)

Date: January 07, 2016 08:16PM

Ahoj!

1.) The installer can do installs for normal users which is by default created in
./program files/K-Meleon...

It has profiles in user/APDATA/K-Meleon

Both locations get writing privileges automatically.

2.) But the installer can also install a portable Version which can be any place You choose.

It has profiles in Location ./K-Meleon/Profiles/...

3.) Plus You can download the portable 7zip version which creates a ./K-Meleon folder with usable profiles where You unpack it.

It has profiles in Location ./K-Meleon/Profiles/...

Both 2 & 3 may need that You grant writing privileges to profiles folder manually.

I assume You downloaded and used option 1 & 3.

Greetings to CZ from D.

p.s. Just delete the surplus version is the right decision - no matter what You did - what went wrong for You - during download and instll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 08:23PM by guenter.

Posted by: Anfin
Date: January 09, 2016 02:57PM

Hallo from CZ to D yawning smiley)
Thanks for the explanation!

Posted by: jal
Date: June 28, 2017 06:13AM

Hello,
I am new here and I would like to ask you about the different versions.
I see that the stable version is almost 2 years old and in these years many bugs have been found in all the browsers, openssl, etc. So, is it safe to use or can we be compromised?. Must I change to RC version?. What about pro versions?. Opinions?. Thanks.

Date: June 29, 2017 06:05PM

jal
Hello,
I see that the stable version is almost 2 years old and in these years many bugs have been found in all the browsers, openssl, etc. So, is it safe to use or can we be compromised?. Must I change to RC version?. What about pro versions?. Opinions?. Thanks.

It is based on an older ESR. Little or no problems on KM side. The older ESR have problems - probably. No idea when a new Firefox ESR will be used to host KM.

Up to Dorian when he finds time. Traditionally a newer version was coming after the summer holiday - which lasts tree months in France.

Dorian lives there. And he used some of the summer holidays.

p.s. KM is a hobby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 06:07PM by guenter.

Posted by: jal
Date: June 30, 2017 01:31PM

I understand...
Thank you for the answer smiling smiley

guenter
jal
Hello,

It is based on an older ESR. Little or no problems on KM side. The older ESR have problems - probably. No idea when a new Firefox ESR will be used to host KM.

Up to Dorian when he finds time. Traditionally a newer version was coming after the summer holiday - which lasts tree months in France.

Dorian lives there. And he used some of the summer holidays.

p.s. KM is a hobby.

Date: July 07, 2017 07:43AM

check back here when summer ends (like in September)

Posted by: callahan
Date: July 08, 2017 08:34PM

Well I pick up a little information here and there ... guenter said a few posts back that Dorian lives in France.

For some reason I was thinking he lived in Spain. Always interesting to know where people call home.

Posted by: SuperSoca
Date: June 09, 2018 03:28PM

Hello! Just to reporthe that the links for downloading K-Meleon 75.1 are broken! At least, I can't open then on Firefox 12/WIndows 2000.

Date: June 13, 2018 08:17AM

SuperSoca
Hello! Just to reporthe that the links for downloading K-Meleon 75.1 are broken! At least, I can't open then on Firefox 12/WIndows 2000.

KM 75.1 download links from sourceforge still work on my end - though I'm using KM-goanna, Firefox 52.8 ESR on XP SP3.

use WinXP SP3 or better perhaps smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.