Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: K-Meleon 76 Beta 2
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 01, 2015 07:06PM

The DPI can be overriden for fonts at least, but should be possible for images.

I have no idea actually.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.screen_resolution

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: December 01, 2015 07:48PM

Yeah exactly such a pref, but pity it doesn't work. That one is an obsolete pref, and yesterday tested the newer one, but helped nothing. Probably because their page also says it doesn't work in Windows systems sad smiley

Posted by: Dorian
Date: December 01, 2015 10:25PM

@siria: layout.css.devPixelsPerPx

Date: December 05, 2015 07:38PM

Update 2

- Removed SSE2 requirement.
- Macro readfile: Add support for UTF8 and UTF16LE BOM
- Fixed setbuttonimg
- Fixed kmpref menu image option
- Added nsICommandLineRunner initialization

Date: December 06, 2015 01:17PM

Thank you for all the work! smiling smiley
That DPI-scaling-pref I had actually discovered before, when looking in about:config for all sorts of zoom/scale/dpi/pixel-prefs. But setting it to 1 immediately dropped the font in about:config page to about 1mm, so I immediately dropped that pref too like a hot potatoe and forgot about it again :cool:
But meanwhile had no luck finding an image-only pref or ANY workaround for unscaling otherwise, absolutely no chance, then your reminder pointed me in the right direction again. Now understand that autoscale thing a lot better, but will write more in a longer post.

The new update sounds great, just noticed immediately:
The old toolbar-plugin command for SetButtonImage stopped working sad smiley
My cross-version macro "priv3buttons" uses it for triple-toggling some privacy prefs, but now the buttons have no pic at all after toggling.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 06, 2015 04:29PM

siria
The new update sounds great, just noticed immediately:
The old toolbar-plugin command for SetButtonImage stopped working

Do you mean using the plugin like the following?

$_JSF_ToggleButtonTag = $_JSF_ToolbarName.",".$_JSF_Command.",".$_JSF_ImageType.",".$_JSF_ImageCold ;
pluginmsg(toolbars, "SetButtonImage", $_JSF_ToggleButtonTag);

This is still working for me, but perhaps I do not understand your use.

Date: December 06, 2015 06:36PM

Yes that's what I mean. Funny that it works for you... if you have time, would you test if priv3buttons works too?

Another discovery today:
For customizing toolbar size there's a great menu in pref sheets, even since KM74 already! Never noticed before, but works great smiling smiley

Two peanuts but to me important:
* there's still no back.bmp except for Klassik skin sad smiley
Don't know if finding a pic is the prob, but if yes just take one of my old gradients in skins forum. Even as simple as those it makes already a great difference in looks, especially for us ladies as everyone knows :cool:

* and the pref for hiding the toolbars lines is still missing completely - somehow I had thought it was finally in the pref sheets already, but now can't find it anymore. And not even in about:config yet sad smiley

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 06, 2015 08:28PM

siria,
if you take the KM Pro buils - almost all the skins from there have their own back.bmp and one skin has several.

We can make the collection of background and share it in archive.

Also it is possible to make cmd-based switcher for backgrounds on the base of my Icon Selector extension, made for KM TWin (it was used for choosing the KM main icon there).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2015 08:30PM by rodocop.

Date: December 06, 2015 08:58PM

siria

I tried your macro. You are right. Once you click on a button the image is gone. Your code is a little deep for me, but I did try one test.

I added one line of code after line 248.
$_icon=="" ? 0 : pluginmsg(toolbars, "SetButtonImage", $_toolbar.",".$_command.",".$_icon);
logmsg("248_T ".$_toolbar." C ".$_command." I ".$_icon, warning);
$_icon="";

It says to me that if the string value for $_icon is other than missing, the pluginmsg() code is to run. With the logmsg statement, I can see what happens each time. I guess all buttons are reset each time there is a change to one button. Only the button clicked has a value for $_icon. The button loses the value. Somehow COLD,image is not working. I will have to test some more.

Posted by: callahan
Date: December 07, 2015 12:00PM

So far this is a very nice version of K-Meleon ... thanks to Dorian and everyone for the hard work.

Still working on my K-Meleon 76 settings ... but I have this question.

In an older version of K-Meleon when you clicked on Tools - Privacy - Clear Data - Clear Automatically - a small box would appear labeled "Privacy Plugin Settings" with Cookies - Disc Cache - History - Address Bar History - Saved Passwords

You have the option to "Clear Now" and one of two boxes could also be checked:

Clear on startup

Clear on shutdown

I usually have all the boxes checked to "Clear on shutdown" with an older version of K-Meleon but in KM 76 when I click on "Clear Automatically" ... no such box shows up with those options ... nothing appears like it did in an older version of K-Meleon.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have to look at or is this something to be added in a future version of K-Meleon? I thought that was nice to have the option of a cleanup on shutdown.

Also ... back in the same area ... Tools - Privacy - Clear Data - Clear All tab ... a small box appears with:

"Clear all privacy related data" with a "Yes" or "No" box to click on.

I'd like to know what all is being cleaned when "Yes" is clicked? I like to get rid of most everything like in an older version of KM ... maybe this is still the same cleaning in K-Meleon 76.

Thanks ...

Date: December 07, 2015 01:17PM

I think the blame for the problem with setbuttonimg must fall on me. In November I asked Dorian a question about the macro statement
setbuttonimg( TOOLBAR_NAME, COMMAND, COLD[, HOT[, DEAD]] );

Dorian sent me a fix and I thought that I tested the fix and that it worked.

I did not consider that this was the same code on the backend as it used in pluginmsg(toolbars, "SetButtonImage", "<ToolbarName>, <ButtonID>, [HOT|COLD|DEAD], Path/to/new/image.bmp[0]");

I am preparing to go back and re-test everything I had and in the manner in which it was used, when I told Dorian the fix worked. I can only assume that I must have made an error in the testing.

I will report more once my testing is done.

Date: December 07, 2015 06:35PM

Thanks for confirmation James. But no need to test everything again, it was really fixed already. All worked fine until 2 days ago. It's only update2 that now broke it again.

Date: December 07, 2015 07:15PM

siria

I have looked at my code about which I had asked Dorian for a fix. It did not work before the change in setbuttonimg, but did/does work after he gave me the fix. That code uses the setbuttonimg() macro statement.

I still have a macro using the plugin for toolbars. I have been comparing that code with your priv3 code. The only differences that I can see, I have changed to match. My code works and yours does not. I do not know why.

I build and change one button on the bar and yours has multiple buttons on a bar. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Date: December 07, 2015 07:19PM

I deleted this post ... posted by mistake, no bearing on anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 10:39PM by callahan.

Date: December 07, 2015 07:57PM

JamesD
I build and change one button on the bar and yours has multiple buttons on a bar. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Hmm... only the clicked buttons lose their pics, not the other ones, so suspect rather not the multiple buttons. But if yours works - let me guess, is it a double-toggle?? Because priv3 uses triple-toggles, which is very rare, so the prob could hide there...

Date: December 07, 2015 08:01PM

@callahan
Sorry don't know what you mean with reply, we only discussed another prob, your question is a bit difficult and probably a case for Dorian. But update-2 is only 2 days old, just look a couple postings higher here on this very page, in number4.

Date: December 07, 2015 09:03PM

siria ... OK, no problem ... I thought it was a discussion on my post. I guess I will download and apply Update 2.

Date: December 07, 2015 09:38PM

siria
JamesD

Hmm... only the clicked buttons lose their pics, not the other ones, so suspect rather not the multiple buttons. But if yours works - let me guess, is it a double-toggle?? Because priv3 uses triple-toggles, which is very rare, so the prob could hide there...

My button has only two possible values.

Date: December 08, 2015 01:13PM

JamesD
siria
JamesD

My button has only two possible values.

However each of our macros only send one new image for one button for each call to the plugin.

Date: December 08, 2015 07:31PM

@siria: will be fixed next update, hopefully without breaking anything else.

Date: December 08, 2015 09:31PM

Report removed to do more testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 10:43PM by JamesD.

Date: December 08, 2015 09:54PM

Dorian
@siria: will be fixed next update, hopefully without breaking anything else.

Thank you smiling smiley

@James
Boy do I know that "going nuts" feeling!! grinning smiley And often about buttons too. I remember something that Commas in button tooltips were real killers, although that was for the old plugin command. The new one works differently, but who knows, perhaps still gets a bit hickup now ;-) Other traps I kept falling into was building buttons OnInit instead of OnSetup.

What I did notice lately: the new KM versions give far less error hints in the console. Especially if some value or file doesn't exist or is empty, there's no error anymore at all, the browser simply ignores it and silently does nothing.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: December 08, 2015 10:04PM

Dorian
Update 2

- Removed SSE2 requirement.
- Macro readfile: Add support for UTF8 and UTF16LE BOM
- Fixed setbuttonimg
- Fixed kmpref menu image option
- Added nsICommandLineRunner initialization

ah good that the SSE2 requirement has been removed. now I can attempt to run KM 76b2 on an old Compaq PC with an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ CPU which lacks SSE2 support.

Date: December 08, 2015 10:49PM

siria
@James
Boy do I know that "going nuts" feeling!! grinning smiley And often about buttons too. I remember something that Commas in button tooltips were real killers, although that was for the old plugin command. The new one works differently, but who knows, perhaps still gets a bit hickup now ;-) Other traps I kept falling into was building buttons OnInit instead of OnSetup.

Yes, I had OnStartup when I meant to put OnSetup. Fixed. Thanks.

Date: December 08, 2015 10:54PM

There's still a slightly older bug about width of "!Text" buttons, defined in toolbars.cfg:

The width is too big. If NO image is added, every button reserves at its right side still the huge space for a normal image.

If a (red/green) image is added before the text and the image size defined in toolbars.cfg, the single buttons do get the correct size, but the total length of their toolBAR still calculates with additional default pic size for each button. That means the right end of the toolbar has lots of empty blocked space.
In that case, upon browser starts there's also some "ghost text" in that empty space visible, the ending of the last button text, which disappears after the first action of any sort.

Date: December 08, 2015 11:56PM

Suddenly my offline KM76beta2upd2 always wants to connect to the web after startup (perhaps created new profile or something, can't remember)

That was quite a hassle now to figure out the various places to stop it:
- In "about:addons" (is there a menu now to find it?) the auto-updating of addons must be stopped, is unconspicuous on a tiny icon
- in F2/plugins the update checker disabled (or may be innocent, but just in case)
- in F2/plugins the new adblock-plugin must be disabled

==> the adblocker really needs a toggle somewhere for this auto-updating thing! Perhaps in James' macro? But first a pref would be needed.

Personally I'd also block addon-updates out-of-box, but just my opinion.

Date: December 09, 2015 01:39AM

siria
==> the adblocker really needs a toggle somewhere for this auto-updating thing! Perhaps in James' macro? But first a pref would be needed.

If I understand what you are asking, I think the option is available.

In the right click menu for the adblock plugin, in the item "Automatics", if the "Auto delete the rules" item is not checked then the rules are never changed unless the user deletes them.

Menu items' status is also available via the "Quick view settings" item.

A way to check is to enable logging, disable auto delete rules, set the rules interval to 1 day and wait to see if an update occurs.

The preferences used are listed here:
# Preferences	    : "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.subscriptions", "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.logging",
#   (plugin)          "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.disabled", 
# Preferences       : "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.auto", "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.auto", 
#   (macro)           "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.days", "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.days",
#                     "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.next", "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.next",
#                     "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.rules.cleared", "kmeleon.plugins.adblock.log.cleared"

Date: December 09, 2015 11:28PM

Ah I see... but still find it too complicated for clueless users. Nothing makes clear that a "date for rules" means actually "download", at least not without a 2nd look, and then it's still just an assumption. The menu itself is certainly good, but really wish there was a quick toggle "Download Rules Automatic" in the entry menu. And no idea how heavy such a data package is.

The basic prob is, when I try out a new program (or if a newbie tries out KM), and the first thing it does is "phone home", this makes it slightly suspicious for cautious people. It should first ask, not do it secretly. And bandwidth may be a prob too, at least while travelling. So the first thing many people want do in such cases is figure out quickly: How to stop this thing NOW?? ;-)

Thinking about it, it's really very complicated for first use of KM:

The "Offline" menu has vanished in 7X default skin (unless a user finds and unhides the menu bar first, after having searched through all the gearbutton menus, because Offline+Open are the only commands lost).

Also very complicated to find "about:addons", still no menu for this, so that requires quite some experience. Who assumes such a function even exists if there's no menu for it? And if you actually get the idea, then trying to remember, what was the addy again...? Then find that tiny icon to disable automatic addon updates...

Then figure out how to stop the first-time adblock-download...

(sorry but I just hate SILENT automatic updates and "phoning home" of all sorts without asking me first, and assuming am not the only one :coolsmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 11:37PM by siria.

Date: December 10, 2015 05:20PM

siria

Please try this updated version of the adblock macro. Hopefully it addresses the question of what a new user sees the first time he/she installs the adblock plugin.

Let me know if I was anywhere near successful in addressing your concerns.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Adblockplugin22.7z

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 10, 2015 07:45PM

Questions to Dorian and JamesD.

Dorian,
is there a way to change the list of subscriptions used by adblock.dll?

James,
1) how can I localize your macro in part of "Quick view settings"?
2) why not to use traditional adblock icon (or some derivative) instead of 'filter'-standard? Average user expects to see "A-lettered stop sign" when it comes to adblocking with ABP subscriptions...

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.