Re: K-Meleon 76 Beta 2
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 10, 2015 08:16PM

rodocop
1) how can I localize your macro in part of "Quick view settings"?
2) why not to use traditional adblock icon (or some derivative) instead of 'filter'-standard? Average user expects to see "A-lettered stop sign" when it comes to adblocking with ABP subscriptions...

All the strings which show in "Quick view settings" are in the "_Adblockplugin_QV" macro within Adblockplugin.kmm. I think they are all enclosed with _() for translation.

I have no problem with anyone using a different set of icon images. I have never used the Adblock addon, so I have never seen the images that you noted. I used what I thought looked good after looking for filter icons. You will need three images for enabled(green), disabled(red), and dead. I used 32x32 and allow KM to scale to fit.

I think the images must be different enough from ABP that a user easily understands that this is the basic adblock plugin.

Edit::
I don't want to get into a licensing affair with Ad Block Plus or Ad Block.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 08:21PM by JamesD.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: December 10, 2015 09:16PM

siria
That was quite a hassle now to figure out the various places to stop it:
- In "about:addons" (is there a menu now to find it?) the auto-updating of addons must be stopped, is unconspicuous on a tiny icon

I guess the auto updater is trying to connect because of newsfox.

siria
==> the adblocker really needs a toggle somewhere for this auto-updating thing! Perhaps in James' macro? But first a pref would be needed.
Personally I'd also block addon-updates out-of-box, but just my opinion.

adblock should not try to connect unless adblock.txt does not exists and kmeleon.plugins.adblock.subscriptions is not empty.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 10, 2015 09:37PM

Dorian
I guess the auto updater is trying to connect because of newsfox.

Hm, so that's a #4 riddle to solve? Oy...

Dorian
siria
==> the adblocker really needs a toggle somewhere for this auto-updating thing! Perhaps in James' macro? But first a pref would be needed.
Personally I'd also block addon-updates out-of-box, but just my opinion.

adblock should not try to connect unless adblock.txt does not exists and kmeleon.plugins.adblock.subscriptions is not empty.

Another question, can it download only at browser start or also during a session?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 09:38PM by siria.

Date: December 11, 2015 01:04AM

siria
Another question, can it download only at browser start or also during a session?

Only at browser start as far as I can tell.

I am working on a solution for the 'offline' item. That has to be done in the OnQuit event. COMPLICATED! But I have an idea.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 11, 2015 07:00PM

James,

let me present you a special icons set for you AdBlock controlling macro.

It's inspired by standard AdBlock icon but is prepared by myself so no copyright issues!
Green one - for disabled AdBlock (green light for Ads)
Red one - for enabled adblocking.

Date: December 11, 2015 07:41PM

rodocop
It's inspired by standard AdBlock icon but is prepared by myself so no copyright issues!
Green one - for disabled AdBlock (green light for Ads)
Red one - for enabled adblocking.

Pretty. I don't see a icon for dead.

So you are saying I have the colors backward?

Date: December 11, 2015 07:56PM

It's not about colors - it's about logics, I think.

YES for Adblock - is NO for ads and vice versa.
And user doesn't look for kplugin state - he is looking for ads state.

That's just my opinion. Moreover - red Adblock icon (when ads ae blocked) is what users are accustomized with.

About dead: I wasn't able to find the case of using dead icon so I didn't produce it (but I can do).

Hot - AB is on.
Cold - AB is off.
Dead - when? If AB is absent?

Date: December 11, 2015 09:00PM

rodocop
About dead: I wasn't able to find the case of using dead icon so I didn't produce it (but I can do).

Hot - AB is on.
Cold - AB is off.
Dead - when? If AB is absent?

If user deletes rules, then new rules are not available until the next browser restart. The plugin only loads new rules at startup.

Try the right click menu and use actions > clear the rules.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 11, 2015 09:20PM

rodocop
YES for Adblock - is NO for ads and vice versa.
And user doesn't look for kplugin state - he is looking for ads state.

Yep. Although it's a bit like the hen or egg question, it could just as well be green=safe/red=unsafe. But to keep things consistent inside the browser and with habitudes, let's just think PrivBar: red=blocks the objects on button / green= allows objects on button. Their pressed state even underlines the "blocked" feeling but might just be me.

rodocop, you asked about using other blocking-lists. They are simply stored inside a pref, and as any pref can be customized in about:config. Although via menu would be more comfortable of course, but quite some work again. Ah and of course, the paths are hardcoded inside the macro! Perhaps the easiest would be to put them as a variable at the beginning of the macro, so users can edit the kmm and change the path a bit easier.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2015 09:28PM by siria.

Date: December 11, 2015 10:16PM

Well, siria and JamesD,
I think we should move this talk to the corresponding thread.

There are more things to discuss and try.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: December 13, 2015 11:50AM

Update for SuperDrag
See prefs: kmeleon.plugins.gestures.SDLink/Image/Text

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 11:51AM by Dorian.

Posted by: ngu
Date: December 13, 2015 02:40PM

Dorian
Update for SuperDrag
See prefs: kmeleon.plugins.gestures.SDLink/Image/Text

Thank you very much. This new gesture plugin works like a charm.

edit:

I found a little bug about the plugin. After a left-button click on the scrollbar or some button, like google search, the following first right-button gesture won't work. It always acts like a right-button click. And after a right-button click, the gesture works again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 11:36AM by ngu.

Posted by: adXok
Date: December 13, 2015 05:17PM

Hi, guys
I do not know what i did but the Windows Frame has gone.
i mean the top right minimize, restore and close buttons and the actual strip where they reside.

Pritty strange... does it have something to do with tweaking some settings in the Preferences?

Fixed: I do not know what is the problem but the ticks in GUI appearance for showing toolbar background and hide title app Title bar
donot work as expected. Randomly activated/deactivated them and the problem was solved! Now it is really strange!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 05:24PM by adXok.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.