Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 76 Beta 3
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 09, 2016 01:32AM
Options: ReplyQuote

Posted by: adodupan
Date: January 10, 2016 11:20AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:23PM by adodupan.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 10, 2016 04:31PM

adodupan
Can you offer a way to get a list of loaded kplugins (this function is necessary to add in jsbridge also)

This will show both visually and include the loaded DLLs in a variable.

If it is necessary to look beyond the hard coded list, it will be necessary to create batch files in root\kplugins and userprofile\kplugins to write the directory of each to a file and read each name from the created files.

KPluginsList.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- KPluginsList.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language for displaying DLLs in KPlugins folders --
#
# Dependencies      : main.kmm
# Resources         : 
# Preferences       : -
# Reference         : http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,136880,137145,page=2#msg-137145
# Version           : 1.0  2016-01-10

_KPluginsList_Run_pluginexist {
macroinfo = "Check to see if a kplugin is loaded";
$_NS_losded="Loaded \n\n";  $_NS_miss="Not Loaded \n\n";
pluginexist(bmpmenu) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."bmpmenu\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."bmpmenu\n"; 
pluginexist(bookmarks) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."bookmarks\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."bookmarks\n";
pluginexist(favorites) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."favorites\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."favorites\n";
pluginexist(fullscreen) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."fullscreen\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."fullscreen\n";
pluginexist(gestures) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."gestures\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."gestures\n";
pluginexist(hotlist) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."hotlist\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."hotlist\n";
pluginexist(JSBridge) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."JSBridge\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."JSBridge\n";
pluginexist(login) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."login\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."login\n";
pluginexist(macros) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."macros\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."macros\n";
pluginexist(privacy) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."privacy\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."privacy\n";
pluginexist(rebarmenu) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."rebarmenu\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."rebarmenu\n";
pluginexist(sessions) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."sessions\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."sessions\n";
pluginexist(spellcheck) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."spellcheck\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."spellcheck\n";
pluginexist(toolbars) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."toolbars\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."toolbars\n";
pluginexist(update) ? $_NS_losded=$_NS_losded."update\n":$_NS_miss=$_NS_miss."update\n";
alert($_NS_losded . "\n" . $_NS_miss, "K-Meleon kplugins");
$_NS_losded  = gsub(  "Loaded \n\n", "", $_NS_losded );
$KPluginDLLs = gsub( "\n", ";", $_NS_losded );
alert($KPluginDLLs, "KPlugins loaded shown in variable $KPluginDLLs", INFO);
}
_KPluginsList_BuildMenu {
if ($VERSION >= 33619974 ) {
	setmenu("&Tools",popup,"Misc. User Tools", Misc);
    setmenu("Misc. User Tools", macro, "pluginexist", _KPluginsList_Run_pluginexist, 0);
    }
}
# -----------------------------------------------------------
$OnInit=$OnInit."_KPluginsList_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."KPluginsList;";

Date: January 10, 2016 06:51PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:23PM by adodupan.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 12, 2016 08:55PM

Zero3K
So, what about the issue with pages becoming black? That issue also seems to be related to it not exiting when being closed (instead, it stays open and uses almost 50% CPU).

I though this was related to hardware acceleration. I have sometimes the black pages issue after a while, but never with 50% cpu usage, and I can exit and restart without issues.

adodupan
It is necessary to add new functions in macrolanguage:
GetStringFromName()
formatStringFromName()

Macro is not dependent of gecko and this should not change. I understand what you want to do and check what can be done.

adodupan
Can you offer a way to get a list of loaded kplugins (this function is necessary to add in jsbridge also)

Maybe you saw the empty function in kmeleon.jsm, something I have yet to add to jsbridge. Until then you can use the kmprefs method.

adodupan
Function RunMacro crashes kmeleon, or does nothing.

Seems to work for me. Any sample code?

adodupan
Is there any info about this?
What i saw:
-it is possible to declare a function with parameters,
-function can return a value,
-declared variable stays as a local variable;
Something more?
Is it possible to call these functions from setmenu?

No, no you can't use a function as a command.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 12, 2016 11:32PM

Have no clue of course but just in case, if it may lead to a hint: a few months back I had those black pages caused by xul-windows somehow (QuickNote addon). That was fixed. But for years now xul-WINDOWS could not be maximized "OnLoad" by ID-command, only by injectsJS..availWidth..etc. But since very recently JS doesn't help anymore either for resizing after opening xul-windows.

Date: January 13, 2016 07:43AM

UH OH...
That just rang a huge bell for me (and probably other macrowriters too):

smallhagrid
Have installed Groups2 and it is terrific.
I hide the menu bar and instead use the little gear thingy to access the menu entries so as to have just a single bar with all the things I need. Groups2 does not add itself to that batch of menu items. Any chance it may be made to do so in the future ??

So far only was aware that the "File Open" function is not available in the "compact menu" at all, in the past along with "Offline" but that one is finally fixed smiling smiley

But there's probably more stuff missing - and especially all macros which are placed into "Main", "&File", "OpenSave" etc.!! :O
Wondering... what if simply the complete "&File" menu would get added to the CompactMenu, as Popup Flyout menu?
Would that possibly create any conflicts, if submenus are double then?
Better yet, could that be added out-of-box already?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 07:44AM by siria.

Date: January 13, 2016 03:22PM

Dorian
Macro is not dependent of gecko and this should not change. I understand what you want to do and check what can be done.

Before you spend your time on 'check what can be done', it might be good to specifying your reasons why it should not be changed.

Dorian
adodupan
Function RunMacro crashes kmeleon, or does nothing.

Seems to work for me. Any sample code?

It seems to me, it is great to be you smiling smiley
Are you trying to test this function at all?
You can use whatever you want, if i really need to recommend, then i recommend your macro code here.

Edit1: Try this in error console:
const JSB = Components.classes['@kmeleon/jsbridge;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIJSBridge);
var data = '
tryrunmacro{
   alert("test try runmacro", "test try runmacro");
}
setmenu(Misc, macro, "test try runmacro", tryrunmacro);
';
JSB.SendMessage('macros', 'test', 'RunMacro', data);

Edit2: Kmeleon crashes after loading kmm files, when my code run macros added in variable $OnInit, $OnSetup, etc.
Try this:
const JSB = Components.classes['@kmeleon/jsbridge;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIJSBridge);
var data1 = '
runmacrocrasheskm1{
   setmenu(Misc, macro, "test runmacro crashes km", runmacrocrasheskm2);
}
runmacrocrasheskm2{
   alert("test runmacro crashes km", "test runmacro crashes km");
}
';
JSB.SendMessage('macros', 'runmacrocrasheskm1', 'RunMacro', data1);
Then paste this code,
this code should run previously loaded macro:
var data2 = '&runmacrocrasheskm1;';
JSB.SendMessage('macros', 'runmacrocrasheskm2', 'RunMacro', data2);
Or try this, it doesn't matter:
var data3 = '&runmacrocrasheskm2;';
JSB.SendMessage('macros', 'runmacrocrasheskm2', 'RunMacro', data3);

Then repeat same test in km74.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 07:25PM by adodupan.

Date: January 14, 2016 12:40AM

siria
UH OH...

smallhagrid
I hide the menu bar and instead use the little gear thingy to access the menu entries so as to have just a single bar with all the things I need. Groups2 does not add itself to that batch of menu items. Any chance it may be made to do so in the future ??

So far only was aware that the "File Open" function is not available in the "compact menu" at all, in the past along with "Offline" but that one is finally fixed smiling smiley

But there's probably more stuff missing - and especially all macros which are placed into "Main", "&File", "OpenSave" etc.!! :O
Wondering... what if simply the complete "&File" menu would get added to the CompactMenu, as Popup Flyout menu?

Thanks for ringing the bell on this, siria.

I made small, experimental macro which adds Groups to the Compact Menu. Information on that is here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,137101,137192#msg-137192

I am not sure if this is the best way to do this. Rather than add each item not already included in the Compact Menu as a separate item, perhaps there should be one, standard popup menu for macros' menus. That way the Compact Menu could stay relatively compact. I do not know the number of items we could be discussing.

Date: January 14, 2016 06:35PM

adodupan

It seems to me, it is great to be you smiling smiley
Are you trying to test this function at all?
You can use whatever you want, if i really need to recommend, then i recommend your macro code here.

Found it's a bad pointer initialization, so can be random.
Not me being great sad smiley

Date: January 14, 2016 07:06PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:23PM by adodupan.

Date: January 14, 2016 10:41PM

There are plenty of reasons, like making plugin incompatible between versions (and I'm already regretting what I did with gestures), increasing the workload when updating gecko, increasing dependency on gecko when it should be reduced.

Date: January 15, 2016 09:31AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:24PM by adodupan.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 15, 2016 08:35PM

adodupan
Dorian you are very funny boy. Is there some law about compatibility you mentioned?
Who needs such compatibility, and who cares anyway? Perhaps some serious user smiling smiley
Part of regret is even more funny.
You didn't break your arm or something like that, then you have reason to regret, it's just coding.

Bosniac humor?

Yes better have them compatible like Dorian says - it is useless extra work to make them incompatible just because the version altered - MS does such things & I hate it.

Posted by: Slickone
Date: January 20, 2016 07:17PM

I can't view my browsing history.
Clicking on the plus next to Today, Yesterday, etc does nothing. Why?
I do have remember history checked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 03:27AM by Slickone.

Date: January 21, 2016 02:06AM

I'm also having a problem with some favicons not appearing in bookmarks.
More info here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,130000,137281#msg-137281

Date: January 21, 2016 02:35AM

Slickone

Did clicking on the plus work before? Yes, if the plus appears, then you do have history. If one were to clear history, then the plus will go away until there is new history.

I do not have a problem with my history. Have you changed any file in this directory? root\browser\chrome\kmeleon\content\history

Date: January 21, 2016 04:48PM

siria
UH OH...

smallhagrid

I have now added OpenFrom to the Compact Menu. I think it is only the File and Main menus where items written by users need extra code to include them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/OpenFrom.7z

I still need to add Restart2 and savepagewithorgin to the Compact Menu. I have already provided a way for Groups2 to show there.

Favorites looks like it backs in via a right click on the icon. I suppose Bookmarks does something also. I don't know because I use Favorites and not Bookmarks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 06:09PM by JamesD.

Date: January 22, 2016 01:20AM

JamesD
Slickone

Did clicking on the plus work before? Yes, if the plus appears, then you do have history. If one were to clear history, then the plus will go away until there is new history.

I do not have a problem with my history. Have you changed any file in this directory? root\browser\chrome\kmeleon\content\history
Yes it did work.

I've definitely never done anything in that folder. Why?
The newest dated files there are 9/26/2015. Since the history file isn't stored there, what's are those files for?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2016 03:36AM by Slickone.

Date: January 22, 2016 12:47PM

Slickone
I've definitely never done anything in that folder. Why?
The newest dated files there are 9/26/2015. Since the history file isn't stored there, what's are those files for?

Those files are used to present the history records in the xul window where you see the history and plus symbols.

The history data itself is located in your profile in the file named "places.sqlite".

Since you have not changed the xul files, I can only suppose the problem is with the history data. Unfortunately I don't know how to check that.

Date: January 28, 2016 07:05PM

K-Meleon 76 beta 3 uses the 38.5.0esr engine. It is likely that it can be upgraded to use the 38.6esr engine? Seems like Mozilla has fixed a number of bugs with the 38.6 engine.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/mozilla-firefox-44-update-fixes-critical-vulnerabilities/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

I know it sounds simple, but I have no idea how much work would be required. Just a hope on my part.

Date: January 28, 2016 07:24PM

And another thing that would be great would be the ability to direct form history to never save form data from a specific domain.

The reason for this request is that a financial firm which I use, has the login ID field on one page and then you have to go to a second page to enter the password. I can, and have, identified the second page for "Never for this site" for passwords. That has always been enough in the past, but with KM 76 we got form history. Now, using 76, the login ID is shown if someone were to type in the correct first character of my ID.

I have been in touch with the firm and they had no idea their split page login is a security risk. They use IE and the person with whom I talked did not think he was even allowed to load FF. I figured he would not understand K-Meleon at all.

It boggles my mind to think one of the largest financial firms in the US would not check their outfacing code with multiple browsers.

Posted by: foliator
Date: January 29, 2016 09:18PM

@JamesD: This would likely affect a Google login too, because Google's login form now uses two pages. It was much more convenient to just press the tab key and jump to the password field.

---
Gerry

Posted by: jasonliul
Date: January 31, 2016 08:23AM

JamesD
K-Meleon 76 beta 3 uses the 38.5.0esr engine. It is likely that it can be upgraded to use the 38.6esr engine? Seems like Mozilla has fixed a number of bugs with the 38.6 engine.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/mozilla-firefox-44-update-fixes-critical-vulnerabilities/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

I know it sounds simple, but I have no idea how much work would be required. Just a hope on my part.

You maybe right, i've just meet a serious crash, lost all general setting.sad smiley

Date: January 31, 2016 08:54PM

There will be another delay for the RC. The ssd containing kmeleon has died. I have a partial build with the latest changes but I've lost the source code of those changes. It happened after building 38.6. Two months ago the code was still on a 6 years old HDD, guess I shouldn't have moved it.

Date: January 31, 2016 10:23PM

Dorian

Sounds like something that would happen to me. No hope that the data can be recovered?

Date: January 31, 2016 10:51PM

Pure Horror!! All that lost work and time sad smiley
Am way too slow with backups too, uh oh...
Is there any chance to reverse-engineer somehow some parts?

Posted by: jasonliul
Date: February 01, 2016 08:05AM

Dorian
There will be another delay for the RC. The ssd containing kmeleon has died. I have a partial build with the latest changes but I've lost the source code of those changes. It happened after building 38.6. Two months ago the code was still on a 6 years old HDD, guess I shouldn't have moved it.

i've meet very rare disk error of disk d:, not caused by K-Meleon.
take your time.

Posted by: hermes
Date: February 01, 2016 12:56PM

Dorian

Really sad sad smiley
But maybe makes sense try test variant or fragments that remained (38.6)?

Posted by: bugzilla
Date: February 05, 2016 08:47PM

Dorian, could you bake Tor Browser based version of K-Meleon?

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.