Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 76 Beta 3
Posted by: Ящер
Date: February 06, 2016 11:05PM

Dorian, do not despair. We believe in you.
Дориан, не отчаивайтесь. Мы верим в вас.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: February 06, 2016 11:27PM

Still about to finish my neverending current monster macro, at 99%... and now finally realizing:

Could it be that KM76 doesn't allow anymore to catch the source code of a displayed page by injectsjs...innerHTML? The console reports something about not allowed due to security or such sad smiley
(this macro needs to read the stored sessions somehow, and pass it back-forth to JS, so far works fine in 1.5.4-75.1)
Also, When using "document.write" to transfer some string to a (blank) page it stays empty in KM76, no errors either.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 06, 2016 11:31PM

Ящер
Dorian, do not despair. We believe in you.
Дориан, не отчаивайтесь. Мы верим в вас.

I second You. This is one of the few browser with the users (with Dorian one of them) interests in minds and not sponsored by companies which always have a second though aka interest.

Regards from Germany

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: February 07, 2016 10:22PM

As you know Pale Moon like K-Meleon is a browser based on Firefox(Gecko) optimized for Windows.
From what I saw the guys from Pale Moon they have made a fork of Gecko called Goanna

As Pale Moon is optmized for Windows maybe is a good option change Gecko with Goanna?
It would be interesting to see him, although I'm not sure of the advantages that can really offer.
What do you think? smiling smiley

Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 07, 2016 11:00PM

siria
Still about to finish my neverending current monster macro, at 99%... and now finally realizing:

Could it be that KM76 doesn't allow anymore to catch the source code of a displayed page by injectsjs...innerHTML? The console reports something about not allowed due to security or such sad smiley
(this macro needs to read the stored sessions somehow, and pass it back-forth to JS, so far works fine in 1.5.4-75.1)
Also, When using "document.write" to transfer some string to a (blank) page it stays empty in KM76, no errors either.

I know, see the changes I had to do for the reload and pageinfo macros.
InjectJS is supposed to work like bookmarklet, but bookmarklet seems to work better, so maybe something is missing.

c-sanchez
As you know Pale Moon like K-Meleon is a browser based on Firefox(Gecko) optimized for Windows.
From what I saw the guys from Pale Moon they have made a fork of Gecko called Goanna

As Pale Moon is optmized for Windows maybe is a good option change Gecko with Goanna?
It would be interesting to see him, although I'm not sure of the advantages that can really offer.

I don't know if that's different now but AFAIK palemoon 25 was using an outdated gecko with little changes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 11:03PM by Dorian.

Posted by: hermes
Date: February 08, 2016 12:00AM

Drag and drop of files (to open on the browser window) does not work if enable plugin mouse gestures.

Date: February 08, 2016 11:36AM

Dorian
I know, see the changes I had to do for the reload and pageinfo macros.
InjectJS is supposed to work like bookmarklet, but bookmarklet seems to work better, so maybe something is missing.

Okay thanks, so at least there's still hope for a future fix.

Meanwhile after LOTS of trial and error figured out: innerHtml isn't the culprit at all, only "document.open()" is the forbidden command! (security violation in error console)

Replacing "document.write" with "innerHtml" actually seems to work now! No idea why it didn't when I tried it the first 10 times, and why it suddenly does now... :-/

But still enough probs left: although the page (prefs.js/sessions.json) is now displayed updated (converted to 1 session tab list), the src-code still is the old one (js/json), and that one also gets saved when the page gets saved sad smiley

Another weird macro bug:
forcecharset("utf-8") produces appcrash, but "UTF-8" not.

Also a prob: those js/json files do not have any charset defined.
In KM75.1 or older a workaround is to set the intl.charset pref to UTF-8 *before* opening the page.
But in KM76 this does nothing anymore.
And using forcecharset AFTER converting the js/json page only reloads the original js/json content again...

Date: February 08, 2016 03:23PM

siria

Another weird macro bug:
forcecharset("utf-8") produces appcrash, but "UTF-8" not.

Its AFAIK "UTF-8" the other is malformed. But did not know that it is sooo picky.

https://www.google.de/search?client=kmeleon&num=100&q=UTF-8#q=utf-8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2016 03:26PM by guenter.

Date: February 08, 2016 03:45PM

Actually they say that "utf-8" shall now be the preferred method and "UTF-8" outdated. But anyway, it's only a prob for macrolanguage, not for normal page display or most pages would crash ;-)

Regaring that security message with "document.write", it has something to do with that "same-origin" thing, but that's slightly over my head (as usual):

https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/API/Document/open

Starting with Gecko 1.9, this method is subject to the same same-origin policy as other properties, and does not work if doing so would change the document's origin.

Starting with Gecko 1.9.2, document.open() uses the principal of the document whose URI it uses, instead of fetching the principal off the stack. As a result, you can no longer call document.write() into an untrusted document from chrome, even using wrappedJSObject.

Date: February 08, 2016 03:59PM

In general, what I'm badly missing since many years is just one fix variable that is able to pass long and complicated strings between JS and macro back and forth! It could have a fix name, like $EXCHANGE or whatever. And it should be considered a "string" by JS too.
So far injectJS often can not return anything (KM1.5, 1.7, 74) or only very short strings (4kB~half a screen page), and readfile cannot handle long files like prefs.js either.
Also when trying to pass a macro-var into JS, there's the prob that it's not transfered as "string" without complicated escaping, and never sure how to.

After endless struggles sometimes I tried the craziest workarounds, especially if injectJS can't return anthying, like changing titles back and forth, and since recently faking tab history with a hashtab!
And now sometimes document.write, after discovering this can be used to transfer full length (e.g. prefs.js), JS writes it on the current page, the macro can fetch it by copy paste, then flip back to show the original page again! (now not possible in KM76 anymore, and the other workaround, innerHTML, cannot flip back, requiring yet more complicated workarounds with attaching variables to the document and refetching and another innerHTML switch, ouf)
Just rarely the true function of document.write is neeeded in my macros, like now for those extracted sessions.
Yes found another workaround now with that innerHTML, but the catch is that it cannot be saved, only viewed, and has wrong charset...

Date: February 08, 2016 05:21PM

Yes. All HTML tags have become small, but... macro language is older than change. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2016 05:22PM by guenter.

Date: February 08, 2016 08:19PM

sessions.json has some serious encoding bug:
it can only read and write ANSI (=West-Europe).

For testing am usually taking the readme-files in RU+CN.
Have edited them in Notepad to copy some exotic characters into the title. Opening them in the browser, then storing that session manually.
At first it looks normal, and that session appears added in the menu. But after restarting the whole session has vanished from the menu again. And seems it never was added to the file.
Notepad says sessions.json is "ANSI".

The bak-file contains the new session, it can do utf-8 without BOM.
Anyone confirm?

Had hoped that it would be possible to convert sessions.json just 1x to utf8-BOM, but that makes the session menu completely empty :cool:

Posted by: lczlcz
Date: February 08, 2016 10:42PM

No way, I tried palemoon recently along with some other browsers like seamonkey, qupzilla, firefox light and Sleipnir.

Gecko/goanna based browsers have similar problems as normal firefox that after a period of time, the memory usage becomes huge. It does not release memory after the tab is close. So you have to turn off browser and reopen after some time. K-meleon has similar problem but its base memory is pretty low and it's quite nimble.

Qupzilla has other problems: it does not even support superdrag and you can't view video in youtube without some tune up. Sleipnir just like other blink based browser: taking too much memory at the beginning. Its text rendering is perfect though.

In the end, I go back to two main browsers. Daily use: k-meleon. Some sites not very compatible with k-meleon, I use pcx firefox, a thir party built 64 bit firefox, works with all addons and no restruction on the addons not signed. work well so far.

c-sanchez

Posted by: bugzilla
Date: February 09, 2016 12:20PM

WTF? I've registered email specially for this forum and now:

office@korloycompany.ro
Subject:
FW: Urgent BTC -PM Request -2588-IN #

Pls. find the revise attached document.

Looking forward for your action on account of the payment.

Your support in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Saludos

Maria del Carmen Poli

Defensa 441 2º ?B?

(1065) Buenos Aires, Argentina

Tel. +54 11 4343 6305/9325

Cel. +54 11 15 4986 4448

Date: February 09, 2016 12:40PM

A classic spam or malware mail?
But don't understand, what does the forum have to do with your mail accounts? The member adresses are already hidden by default here to make it address collectors more difficult.

Posted by: bugzilla
Date: February 09, 2016 02:17PM
Date: February 09, 2016 03:18PM

bugzilla
WTF? I've registered email specially for this forum and now:

office@korloycompany.ro
Subject:
FW: Urgent BTC -PM Request -2588-IN #

Pls. find the revise attached document.

Looking forward for your action on account of the payment.

Your support in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Saludos

Maria del Carmen Poli

Defensa 441 2º ?B?

(1065) Buenos Aires, Argentina

Tel. +54 11 4343 6305/9325

Cel. +54 11 15 4986 4448

I have not had SPAM in all the years I am here.

And it did not matter when I allowed all the see it.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 09, 2016 03:25PM

JamesD
another thing that would be great would be the ability to direct form history to never save form data from a specific domain.

The reason for this request is that a financial firm which I use, has the login ID field on one page and then you have to go to a second page to enter the password. I can, and have, identified the second page for "Never for this site" for passwords. That has always been enough in the past, but with KM 76 we got form history. Now, using 76, the login ID is shown if someone were to type in the correct first character of my ID.

I have been in touch with the firm and they had no idea their split page login is a security risk. They use IE and the person with whom I talked did not think he was even allowed to load FF. I figured he would not understand K-Meleon at all.

It boggles my mind to think one of the largest financial firms in the US would not check their outfacing code with multiple browsers.

I never expected that the firm would take action, but I am happy to say that while logging on there with KM 76 today, there was no showing of my ID.

Date: February 11, 2016 12:15AM

Cool grinning smiley

@Dorian:
Have yet another (teeny tiny) request:
Please consider updating those default settings to todays users majority habits?
F2 > Browsing > Window Diversion (and on a hard-to-find tab at that)
=> Open links meant to open a new window (=>in new TAcool smiley
=> URLs passed from external applications (=>in new TAcool smiley

Having just learned (after an idiotic waste of time to figure out) how to open and FILL a new page by javascript (until KM75.1):
x=window.open().document; x.write('xxxx'); document.close();

And slightly shocked me that this opens a new WINDOW! (in a default profile)
After searching around on the web, it seems there is NO possibility for a script to request a new page as TAB. So that prob affects all bookmarklets too?
Of course am aware long since about those 2 prefs above, but still had to search around a bit where to find them. And they are even slightly hidden on a 2nd tab on the right side, what most people overlook. Normal users probably will have much more probs finding that 'fix'.

Next prob, don't kow how to get a macro (after running the script) to jump into the new page too, sigh. Trying OnLoadOnce - but that runs multiple times too!
Looks like the started macro name is not removed right away from the Once-string, but only after execution is finished. The prob with that is that meanwhile there may be script-timeout-alerts, which trigger OnLoad too. And other triggers which I don't understand at all: using the above simple code line, OnLoadOnce gets triggered 3 times...

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 13, 2016 05:48AM

Is it possible to get Drdump (http://www.drdump.com) integrated into it? If so, it should be included.

Posted by: thomase13
Date: February 13, 2016 11:29PM

Regarding Siria's post, I had always kept to the default settings because of course I just assumed that there was some method of scripting to make a page open in a new tab, but I guess tabs are still a new enough thing that it hasn't yet been warranted? (although even Internet Explorer has had tabs for almost 10 years now!)

Good detective work, and I agree with the suggestion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2016 11:31PM by thomase13.

Date: February 14, 2016 02:49PM

thomase13
but I guess tabs are still a new enough thing that it hasn't yet been warranted? (although even Internet Explorer has had tabs for almost 10 years now!)

2008/1.5.0 so the code is fairly old but still can have regressions.smiling smiley

Since 0.7 (2002) until version 1.1.6 K-Meleon had layers which worked like tabs but technically were not.

IE 7 came out in October 2006 ok that is almost 10 years. But it took up features like tabs that were already industry standard in all other browsers by that time.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: February 14, 2016 06:11PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:25PM by adodupan.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 21, 2016 12:06PM

History bug here (all 76 builds): one cannot 'delete this page' from there - this menu item does nothing.
Only delete all the history is possible.

75.x works fine there.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 21, 2016 01:35PM

rodocop
History bug here (all 76 builds): one cannot 'delete this page' from there - this menu item does nothing.
Only delete all the history is possible.

Confirmed

Date: February 24, 2016 08:40PM

I'll ask you to put your bugs/features in the bug tracker, even if it's a bit broken. I need to get things back on track. Lately, I prefer to sit at the piano instead of the computer winking smiley

adodupan
In the file sessions.json, what is the purpose of property "state"?

Windows state 1-normal, 2-minimzed, 3-maximized

adodupan

TestT(0,0){
  !Test{
  macros(_Test)
  Test
  check.png[0,32,32]
  }
}
When i put this in toolbars.cfg file, in km appears new toolbar item which includes an image and text.
I wrote several times that there missing such a possibility. Is this possible from javascript or macrolanguage?

Macro has addbuttonex function. Parameters are: toolbar,name,command,menu,text,tooltip,cold,hot,dead,width,height. You can get weird result since there is no parameter check. Js has no equivalent.

Zero3K
Is it possible to get Drdump (http://www.drdump.com) integrated into it? If so, it should be included.

Possibly, but do kmeleon users want to send dump that could contain sensitive informations to a russian website? grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2016 08:50PM by Dorian.

Date: February 25, 2016 07:20AM

Do your piano really play bug tracker messages?! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 07:20AM by rodocop.

Date: February 25, 2016 07:32PM

Haha, indeed, the way I said that can lead to weird interpretation.
And I'm talking about the old tracker (else I would have changed the link)

Date: February 25, 2016 08:49PM

ОК about tracker! I´ĺl try to recall how to post there...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 08:49PM by rodocop.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: March 07, 2016 04:51AM

block webpage background color and use system's, seems do not work for latest km76 beta3 now.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.