Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 76 Beta 3
Posted by: Slickone
Date: March 11, 2016 03:55AM

I'm having a couple different problems with KM 76b3.

First, today I often get an error:
xml parsing error undefined entity
location: jar:file:///c:/profram files(x86)/k-meleon/browser/omni.ja!/chtome/kmeleon/content/kmeleon/neterror.xhtml
line number 298, column 45:
<h1 id='et_cspframeancestorblocked">&cspframeancestorblocked.title;</h1>

Another problem is on flightaware.com, if I try to zoom in on the map, it freezes up and keeps giving an unresponsive script warning for http://e1.flightcdn.com/include/03f25a10a-maps/FAMap.js.350

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 11, 2016 08:47PM

it seems that your locale isn't fully compatible with current version. You should check corresponding files for missing entities...

Date: March 11, 2016 08:55PM

about flightaware.com - it has js-problem only when zooming by mousewheel.

Try zoom with their own buttons on map - no glitches at all

P.S. And this is general Gecko glitch - not KM specific one. Firefox has the same problem there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:00PM by rodocop.

Date: March 15, 2016 03:33AM

Slickone
I can't view my browsing history.
Clicking on the plus next to Today, Yesterday, etc does nothing. Why?
I do have remember history checked.
I still have this problem. How can I fix this? My places.sqlite is current and is 30MB. Can it be saved?
When I hover over one of the pluses, a small box appears below it. If I could upload a screenshot here, I would.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 15, 2016 08:16AM

Use an internet service, or you can attach pics to posts in extensions and graphics subforum here if size is smaller as 0.5MB

Suggestion: create a new, tiny history and post that file for downloading, so others can test if it works for them?

Date: March 26, 2016 12:34AM

siria
Use an internet service, or you can attach pics to posts in extensions and graphics subforum here if size is smaller as 0.5MB

Suggestion: create a new, tiny history and post that file for downloading, so others can test if it works for them?
I made a backup and had it create a new places.sqlite. It immediately was 10MB after just going to google. Is that normal? What all is stored in that file?

Also I lost all my bookmark favicons after doing that (though I never had 100% of them).

Date: March 26, 2016 01:05AM

It's normal. It stores the PLACE for all the stuff. But when you do fill all the 10Mb it grows next step to 20Mb. And so on...

And yes - favicons are stored here. Deleting old sqlite-file you delete favicons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2016 01:06AM by rodocop.

Date: March 26, 2016 01:50AM

Why aren't my bookmarks gone? This says FF stores them there
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
Does KM not?

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 26, 2016 08:52AM

K-Melon/Dorian kept the old Mozilla bookmarks as more resource friendly solution.

p.s. no wonder with the size of sqlite data base and constant updating it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2016 09:02AM by guenter.

Date: March 26, 2016 10:45AM

Yeah, and I find it really a lot more privacy-friendly to allow to delete a history file without being forced to delete the bookmarks as well! As the above case shows clearly again.

Call me paranoid, but in todays internet mixing such independant databases together (temporary less important but sensitive History with permanent very important Bookmarks) only serves to forbid privacy as much as any possible. Keep all or nothing, because we want to spy out ALL your data - not a real choice, for me that's blackmailing. Bad enough that the favicons get deleted too along with history, and there may be even more stuff in that all-purpose-places file now.

Date: March 27, 2016 04:41PM

^ I agree that having history separate from bookmarks is better, but you should also be able to delete the history file without losing favicons. That's a bummer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 04:41PM by Slickone.

Date: March 27, 2016 04:41PM

siria

Here's a small history file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9shax320p8a05yl/places.sqlite?dl=0

Date: April 02, 2016 10:02AM

Dropbox used to be great, but meanwhile cannot download anymore with KM1.6/1.7 sad smiley

Perhaps anyone else could have a look at that file? Makes more sense on a modern machine anyway.

Date: April 02, 2016 03:08PM

An usual 10Mb places.sqlite - nothing special

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 02, 2016 04:08PM

siria
Dropbox used to be great, but meanwhile cannot download anymore with KM1.6/1.7 sad smiley

Perhaps anyone else could have a look at that file? Makes more sense on a modern machine anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9shax320p8a05yl/places.sqlite?dl=1

I EDIT to say I haven't tested on 1.6 but should work. I do this when I don't want to switch javascript on (most of the times) with 75.0.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 04:10PM by JohnHell.

Date: April 02, 2016 06:33PM

JohnHell
siria

I haven't tested on 1.6 but should work. I do this when I don't want to switch javascript on (most of the times) with 75.0.

Ha - THANK YOU!!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
What a neat trick, works like a charm in 1.6 too - glad I can download from dropbox again! How did you figure this out?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 02, 2016 09:16PM

siria
JohnHell
siria

I haven't tested on 1.6 but should work. I do this when I don't want to switch javascript on (most of the times) with 75.0.

Ha - THANK YOU!!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
What a neat trick, works like a charm in 1.6 too - glad I can download from dropbox again! How did you figure this out?

I can't remember how it was, maybe I guessed (dl = download) as some people post links that autodownload and had the dl=1 or maybe because when you download it, the link changes to dl=1. I don't know what made my bulb light.

Anyway, who cares, works. Dropbox annoyances 0 - internet users 1.

Date: April 03, 2016 01:53PM

rodocop
An usual 10Mb places.sqlite - nothing special
The size wasn't the issue. You stated that on 3/26. smiling smiley

Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 03, 2016 11:07PM

Just a little update with small bug fixes for history/flashblock/sessions... and to be sure the build work properly.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/files/kmeleon76b3u1.7z

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: April 04, 2016 12:39AM

Dorian
Just a little update with small bug fixes for history/flashblock/sessions... and to be sure the build work properly.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/files/kmeleon76b3u1.7z
Good news! Thank you! Try it now! smiling smiley

EDIT:Crash when tried to open the preferences panel from Start Page!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 02:23AM by Chanson Yu.

Posted by: ngu
Date: April 04, 2016 01:01AM

For the links(K-Meleon Home,K-Meleon Wiki, K-Meleon Forums) under "Help" menu, can we have an option to open them in a new TAB? Thanks a lot.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 04, 2016 12:34PM

Chanson Yu
EDIT:Crash when tried to open the preferences panel from Start Page!

I did not have a problem opening the preferences panel. I used three methods. 1) Edit > Preferences, 2) The F2 key, and 3) clicking on "Settings" on start page. I did try them in the order listed.

Date: April 04, 2016 01:43PM

ngu
For the links(K-Meleon Home,K-Meleon Wiki, K-Meleon Forums) under "Help" menu, can we have an option to open them in a new TAB?

There could be a better method, I can do this for you right now

HelpInTabs.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- HelpInTabs.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon add some help links as open in new tab
#
# Version           : 0.1  2016-04-04
# Author            : JamesD
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_HelpInTabs_Home {
macroinfo = "Open K-Meleon Home in new tab.";
opentab( "http://kmeleonbrowser.org/"; );
}

_HelpInTabs_Wiki {
macroinfo = "Open K-Meleon Wiki in new tab.";
opentab( "http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/Welcome"; );
}

_HelpInTabs_Forum {
macroinfo = "Open K-Meleon Forums in new tab.";
opentab( "http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/"; );
}

_HelpInTabs_BuildMenu {
setmenu("KMHome", macro, "K-Meleon Home (new tab)", "_HelpInTabs_Home", "K-Meleon &Wiki");
setmenu("KMHome", macro, "K-Meleon Wiki (new tab)", "_HelpInTabs_Wiki", -1);
setmenu("KMForums", macro, "K-Meleon Forum (new tab)", "_HelpInTabs_Forum", "K-Meleon Forums &Search...");
}

# -----------------------------------------------------------

$OnInit=$OnInit."_HelpInTabs_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."HelpInTabs;";

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: April 04, 2016 02:10PM

JamesD
I did not have a problem opening the preferences panel. I used three methods. 1) Edit > Preferences, 2) The F2 key, and 3) clicking on "Settings" on start page. I did try them in the order listed.
Sorry, not mentioned that I'm on a windows XP SP3 system, all of the three methods to open preferences panel crash the KM76b3u1! I've sent the dump files to Dorian. smiling smiley

Date: April 04, 2016 05:16PM

Chanson Yu
Sorry, not mentioned that I'm on a windows XP SP3 system

Unfortunately, I no longer have an XP system with which I can test.

Microsoft has pushed, and prodded until I am an all Win 10 shop now.

Date: April 04, 2016 07:15PM

ngu
For the links(K-Meleon Home,K-Meleon Wiki, K-Meleon Forums) under "Help" menu, can we have an option to open them in a new TAB? Thanks a lot.

KM Pro is already set to do so. You can download it from the link in my sig and use or just get file macros\helpmenu.kmm from there that makes possible exactly what you need.

Date: April 04, 2016 08:29PM

There actually is still a setting in F2>Browsing>Window Diversion:
Open Help menu options...

Except that it doesn't work anymore. IIRC desga had added it to 1.6, but his additions were lost when KM74 was based on an older version again. But perhaps that pref could be reused again?

Date: April 04, 2016 08:42PM

siria
There actually is still a setting in F2>Browsing>Window Diversion:
Open Help menu options...

Except that it doesn't work anymore. IIRC desga had added it to 1.6, but his additions were lost when KM74 was based on an older version again. But perhaps that pref could be reused again?

I was sure that there used to be a way, but I could not get it to work in KM 76. Nor did I remember when it stopped. My macro is just a quick fix until the diversion works again.

Date: April 04, 2016 10:09PM

And my macro (based on the Jujuland's job) forces this setting to work again as designed from the start ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 10:13PM by rodocop.

Posted by: thomase13
Date: April 05, 2016 12:28AM

Thanks for the Help menu macro!
Regarding the picture/file hosting service, I have tried Dropbox, Microsoft Windows Live Folders/SkyDrive/OneDrive, TinyPic (these image services tend to downgrade your image quality and delete it after 30 days or something), and others, and of them, Dropbox might be the best but I honestly find it easier to just use a plain old Web hosting service like 100FreeSpace (100 MB of free space) or FreeHostia (which has better bandwidth and space last time I checked. You can just set it up, then put a shortcut in your Network Neighborhood or "My Network Places" and you have yourself permanent, reliable, hassle-free system-integrated file hosting! I don't even think they make you renew your account yearly anymore!
Just a tip for those like me without uploading abilities on this forum! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 02:00AM by thomase13.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.