Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 76 Beta 3
Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 05, 2016 12:47AM

For image hosting I use

- Postimage.org
- Ultraimg.com
- snag.gy

All three don't delete your images (at least if you have registered an account), first two offer you a number of ready link presets for posting (Postimage makes thumbs in addition to big originals - and UltraImg produces even more: medium thumbs which are the best option for me to add illustration for my posts across the web forums)
and last service is very convenient as it allows simply paste your image into upload page.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hermes
Date: April 05, 2016 08:13PM

Dorian
Just a little update with small bug fixes for history/flashblock/sessions... and to be sure the build work properly.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/files/kmeleon76b3u1.7z

After the update files in the package 76beta3 accident if you press the F2 key twice.

Posted by: ngu
Date: April 06, 2016 02:41AM

hermes
Dorian
Just a little update with small bug fixes for history/flashblock/sessions... and to be sure the build work properly.

After the update files in the package 76beta3 accident if you press the F2 key twice.

Same here. Win10 CHS. Can't open preferences panel, K-meleon crashs.

Posted by: jasonliul
Date: April 06, 2016 01:02PM

Same here, more worse.
Open preference or F2, K-Meleon crash or hang up.

Go back beta3, just fine. Win7 x64

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 06, 2016 03:40PM

ngu
hermes
Dorian

Same here. Win10 CHS. Can't open preferences panel, K-meleon crashs.

Two with problem and I without the problem. I would have to guess then that something is different on my system. I am using a custom skin, Favorites rather than bookmarks, no favicons, and sign on info from json rather than sqlite. I have no idea if differences in Win 10 play a part here. I really do not understand Windows 10 very much.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 06, 2016 07:19PM

Probably language pack. Try chinese... ;-)

Date: April 06, 2016 08:15PM

siria

I tried every language in the list. Use F2 once to open preferences and again to test. No problem for me.

Date: April 06, 2016 08:24PM

James,
maybe Win10 itself?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 06, 2016 11:22PM

I can reproduce with WinXP, not with Win8.
Something weird is happening here.

Date: April 06, 2016 11:24PM

Sorry, was of course just blind guessing.
Anyway, finally managed to test a bit too and - yes, F2 crashes here too.
Vista32business, guess classic theme, offline, KM english, system DE.

First F2 does nothing at all, only 2x F2 brings up crash message.
Hitting the settings-link on the homepage seems to be a silent killer instead, just vanishes as if closed, but at new startup there's still a crash warning.
Hitting F2 1x and then right-clicking on a free toolbar space does the same.
No idea what to do, tried replacing all kplugins again, but no change.

Date: April 06, 2016 11:31PM

Aero-Theme crashes too (system guest account)

Date: April 07, 2016 12:59AM

From a second PC. Using en-US Win 10 Ops Sys. Running a copy of my KM 76 Beta 3u1 on USB stick. No problems with F2.

What shall attempt to learn about my Win 10 that can help?

Date: April 07, 2016 01:23AM

i use win7 x64, even i set XP Compatibility Mode, it still crash.

Date: April 07, 2016 09:11AM

JamesD
ngu
For the links(K-Meleon Home,K-Meleon Wiki, K-Meleon Forums) under "Help" menu, can we have an option to open them in a new TAB?

There could be a better method, I can do this for you right now

rodocop
ngu
For the links(K-Meleon Home,K-Meleon Wiki, K-Meleon Forums) under "Help" menu, can we have an option to open them in a new TAB? Thanks a lot.

KM Pro is already set to do so. You can download it from the link in my sig and use or just get file macros\helpmenu.kmm from there that makes possible exactly what you need.

Thanks a lot for the macros.

rodocop: I notice that in your helpmenu.kmm, the macro Open_KMWiki has the same name as that in main.kmm. I just wonder how k-meleon handles this case? How can it tell which one is which one? Tnanks.

Date: April 07, 2016 10:23AM

It can't. The last one wins :cool:

Date: April 07, 2016 10:38AM

siria
It can't. The last one wins :cool:

Now I have helpmenu.kmm and main.kmm at the same time. So which Open_KMWiki wins? Looks like the one in helpmenu.kmm wins, but why is it the last?

Date: April 07, 2016 11:53AM

It seems like KM is programmed that way where main.kmm is read first by default (as main ;-) and ANY other macrofile would be 'last' after main.

Sure, normally edited macro should replace default one, but it's Dorian's responsibility. And my macro was made as 'temporary patch'.

But, as we, russians, say: "There aren't more constant things than temporary ones"

Date: April 07, 2016 05:49PM

LOL! Looks like it's a global human phenomenon - we have the exact same saying grinning smiley (and would now bet quite some others too)
"nichts ist dauerhafter als ein Provisorium"

Regarding macro order, it depends from the individual hard disk position, at least at the time I made the macro "OnEventCheck":
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,117154
It's exactly for this purpose: to show lists of macros and of automatic macro actions, and show them in real execution order.
"$MacroModules" tells which kmm-file is imported in which order, provided the author included this info in the kmm. Most do, but it's just a variable for information, no function.

Posted by: foliator
Date: April 07, 2016 06:42PM

siria
LOL! Looks like it's a global human phenomenon - we have the exact same saying grinning smiley (and would now bet quite some others too)
"nichts ist dauerhafter als ein Provisorium"

Off topic: I never heard that expression until rodocop quoted it, but it's well-known in English, too: "Nothing is more permanent than a temporary measure." One such temporary measure was the U.S. introduction of income tax in the early 1900s as a temporary measure to fund the war effort. Hmmm ... how temporary was that? Ask their Internal Revenue Service today! grinning smiley

Here in Canada some people have wrongly stated that our income tax is a voluntary rather than a mandatory tax, but it's probably just another example of a permanent temporary measure. grinning smiley

---
Gerry

Date: April 08, 2016 02:04PM

rodocop, siria

Thank you very much for the explanation.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 08, 2016 05:10PM

Dorian
I can reproduce with WinXP, not with Win8.
Something weird is happening here.

Are u using Win8 or Win8.1?

Edit 4/9: I have reproduced the F2 crash on a Hewlett-Packard A6110N desktop PC using Win8.1 x86/32bit edition. Also crashed there with KM 76b3 with update1 after pressing F2 twice.

now waiting for a fix for the F2 crash problem.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2016 07:50PM by 4td8s.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 13, 2016 12:17AM

confirmed again - Kmeleon 76b3 with update 1 also crashed on my father's Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1 x64 (64bit) core/home edition after pressing the F2 key twice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2016 12:18AM by 4td8s.

Date: April 13, 2016 09:38PM

4td8s
confirmed again - Kmeleon 76b3 with update 1 also crashed on my father's Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1 x64 (64bit) core/home edition after pressing the F2 key twice

I have done more testing. I found the same problem on my laptop running Win 10 (64 bit). The really strange thing is that my desktop computer did not have the problem.

I copied my desktop 76 Beta3u1 folder to a memory stick and it runs just fine when plugged into the laptop. I even made a folder on the laptop and copied all the items in the folder on the memory stick to my laptop. KM runs there just fine and I can enter preferences by F2 or clicking on 'settings' on the home page.

Both computers are Win 10 Pro and are up to date with MS updates. The laptop is an upgrade and the desktop a clean install.

My first attempt on the laptop was to extract 76 beta 3 and then extract the update over that prior to starting KM. I got the error.

The second attempt was to extract 76 beta 3, run it, and make all my normal changes. That worked fine, and then I extracted the update over that. The first time that I ran 76 after the update, I used F2 once to open preferences. It took a long time to open, but preferences did open. I changed skin. I close preferences and used 'settings' to open again. I thought I had found a way around the problem - different skin, Favorites instead of bookmarks, and not showing the privacy bar. However, after closing KM and starting again, I have the F2 and 'settings' problem.

Note that after KM closes from the problem, one cannot even delete the startupcache folder. It is in use by another program, even when taskmanager say there are no apps running.

As Dorian said, ".. something weird".

Date: April 13, 2016 09:51PM

Will I be wrong if suggest that Dorian compiled b3u1 under Win10 too?

And it works fine only there on 10.

Date: April 13, 2016 11:16PM

rodocop
Will I be wrong if suggest that Dorian compiled b3u1 under Win10 too?

And it works fine only there on 10.

I have two machines with Win 10. One accepted the update and one did not. I don't think it is that simple.

Date: April 13, 2016 11:26PM

Very weird indeed, especially that Win10 thing!
On my Vista downgrading again just the k-meleon.exe fixes it, the other update-files don't seem to matter.

Date: April 14, 2016 01:32PM

I have tried more tests between the machines that I have. It seems that if the code is extracted and run on my desktop then it will also run on my laptop. However, if the code is extracted and run first on the laptop, moving it to the desktop does not fix the F2/settings problem.

I have reason to believe that the Win 10 on my desktop is not completely correct. Two other programs will not connect to the internet internally to check for updates. Neither of my support guys, family members, can figure out why these programs cannot get to the internet.

Does K-Meleon need any internal connection to the the internet just to run the first time when setting up the default profile?

Posted by: CookieKeeper
Date: April 14, 2016 02:19PM

Hi,

I am testing the CookieKeeper add-on with K-Meleon 76.0b3.

I have found a regression:
When I display the XUL preference window of CookieKeeper (via the CookieKeeper window, menu -> preferences). The window is reduce to a very small one, with only "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons.
This worked fine in K-Meleon 75.1.
It is also not possible to resize this dialogue. But it can be done in Firefox.

I have also a few remarks about JsbridgePlugin:
- When a menu item is created using the KMeleon.SetMenuCallback() function, we can't remove it. If the add-on is disabled, this items stayed, but does noting. When the add-on is re-enable or updated, we have menu items in double.
- The page http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/JsbridgePlugin is missing examples. How do I create a sub-menu ? How do I create a toolbar icon ?
- There is a mention about putting a "load.kmm" file in the add-on root folder xpi package. It seems to be a convenient way to have a macro. But on K-Meleon 75.1 doing so, crash the browser at startup. On K-Meleon 76b3 the macro do not work.
- kmeleon.js: Why bother creating a new js script file when "bootstrap.js" can be used? Anyway, the methods where not called. It didn't worked.

Other things:
- Is it possible to fix K-Meleon for restart-less addons, so that the sutdown() method of "bootstrap.js" is called ? In my case I wouldn't need a macro. Much simpler for the final user.
- When I click on the "Options" button in the "about:addons" page, for CookieKeeper, a new window is created. This window can't be resized/minimized. It should open a new tab inside the current window like Firefox does.

Thanks.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131507,138137
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookiekeeper/

Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 14, 2016 04:27PM

Fix for the Preferences (and xul dialog in general I suppose)
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/files/kmeleon76b3u2.zip
This update is not cumulative, you also need the previous one.

CookieKeeper
- When a menu item is created using the KMeleon.SetMenuCallback() function, we can't remove it. If the add-on is disabled, this items stayed, but does noting. When the add-on is re-enable or updated, we have menu items in double.

Using SetMenu with the label and an empty command should remove it.

CookieKeeper
- The page http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/JsbridgePlugin is missing examples. How do I create a sub-menu ? How do I create a toolbar icon ?

Yeah, this page need an update. It's similar to the setmenu in macro.

CookieKeeper
- There is a mention about putting a "load.kmm" file in the add-on root folder xpi package. It seems to be a convenient way to have a macro. But on K-Meleon 75.1 doing so, crash the browser at startup. On K-Meleon 76b3 the macro do not work.
- kmeleon.js: Why bother creating a new js script file when "bootstrap.js" can be used? Anyway, the methods where not called. It didn't worked.

Those were experimental, bootstrap.js should be used.

CookieKeeper
- Is it possible to fix K-Meleon for restart-less addons, so that the sutdown() method of "bootstrap.js" is called ? In my case I wouldn't need a macro. Much simpler for the final user.

startup and shutdown should be called properly. You may have an error in the console.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 04:28PM by Dorian.

Date: April 14, 2016 04:56PM

Dorian,

Work fine, cheers.
Win7 x64

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 04:56PM by jasonliul.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.