Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.73' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` K-Meleon 76 RC
Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
K-Meleon 76 RC
Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 02, 2016 05:34PM

K-Meleon 76 RC installer
K-Meleon 76 RC 7z

- Updated to Gecko 38.8
- Flashblock update

EDIT: Download was updated, removing SSE requirement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2016 06:12PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 76 RC
Posted by: hermes
Date: May 02, 2016 07:24PM

Works great, thanks.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 02, 2016 07:37PM

Thank you for all the work!

Just a tiny nitpick, from peeking inside:
Extension "places@mozilla" is contained 2x, and its install.rdf limits the use to older versions than 76. Is that intentional...?

And Newsfox is running on max. 38.6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 07:40PM by siria.

Posted by: Ящер
Date: May 02, 2016 07:55PM

HURRAH! New version my favorite browser! Great thanks!
УРА! Новая версия моего любимого браузера! Большое спасибо!

Posted by: rodocop
Date: May 02, 2016 09:55PM

Locales should be updated.
Something changed on about:preferences page with this engine update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 09:55PM by rodocop.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 02, 2016 10:57PM

Blah, in kmeleon.js, line 253, there is a point instead of a comma
This break about: preference and other things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 10:57PM by Dorian.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 03, 2016 01:25AM

Dorian
in kmeleon.js, line 253, there is a point instead of a comma

That was an easy fix.

The start-up time for RC over Beta 3 is very much less. I don't know what you tweaked, but it is great.

Thanks ever so much.

Date: May 03, 2016 06:46AM

Slow startups seem usually due to stuff like adblock downloading huge lists... Just looked inside (only with win98 explorer), the new kplugin is not included anymore?

Date: May 03, 2016 01:00PM

Yes, I did not load my adblock control macro. Too many sites grumble about adblockers and I would rather advertisers pay for keeping sites up than I. I had not noticed that the DLL was not included.

However, I think it is more that just the basic adblock. I must come up with a way to measure startup times with accuracy. I will report back when I have some answers.

Date: May 03, 2016 01:42PM

siria
the new kplugin is not included anymore?

I copy adblock.dll from kmeleon76b3u1 smiling smiley. Awesome plugin!

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC CRASH!@
Posted by: Derek Suroki
Date: May 04, 2016 01:03PM

Crashes at startup with error "encountered a problem and will close."
Only RC makes the error, previous version 76 O.K. Windows XP SP3

Error log here --> http://textuploader.com/5yepv

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC Speed
Date: May 04, 2016 04:30PM

siria

Comparing Beta 3 to RC startup times, I am showing 6 seconds with disk cache and adblock for beta 3 and less than 1 second for RC without disk cache and without adblock. I think I am just going to run lean and fast.

Posted by: Juanjo
Date: May 05, 2016 06:19PM

Thanks Dorian..!!

Posted by: foliator
Date: May 05, 2016 06:58PM

I've just tried out 76 RC, using my profile and settings from 75. So far everything seems to be working properly and just as fast, except that I can no longer display the icons in the context menu. They do show up in the main and compact menus, however.

The other thing, although trivial, is that the browser's background color is black during the very short interval before a page has loaded. I also notice this on startup. It used to be white. However, blank pages (about:blank) do come up white, as expected.

---
Gerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2016 06:58PM by foliator.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: May 05, 2016 07:01PM

Congratulations!

Date: May 05, 2016 07:23PM

Wow! Hao is back! What about new KM CCF ME?

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: May 06, 2016 02:57AM

Dorian,
1. Updated Flashblock works great, thank you! And please fix the crash problem when changing encodings, crash report has been sent to you.
2. Copy the direct download links like this: http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/project/kmeleon/k-meleon-dev/K-Meleon76RC.7z, paste them in the URL Bar and go, could you download and save the target files? I can't make it in my WinXP SP3 system.

EDIT: About Flashbolck
On this site http://music.163.com/#/mv?id=263008, you can play the vedio when Flashblock disabled or add it to the Flashblock whitelist, but you can't play it when Flashblock enabled and try to click the flashplay button.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 04:42AM by Chanson Yu.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: May 06, 2016 03:04AM

foliator
The other thing, although trivial, is that the browser's background color is black during the very short interval before a page has loaded. I also notice this on startup. It used to be white. However, blank pages (about:blank) do come up white, as expected.

Hi foliator, you can set layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled to false in about:config. But as Dorian said, this may reduce performance. smiling smiley

Posted by: jasonliul
Date: May 06, 2016 06:06AM

rodocop
Wow! Hao is back! What about new KM CCF ME?

@rodocop
Now we chinese guys officially occupy this place. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 06, 2016 02:09PM

Chanson Yu
foliator

Hi foliator, you can set layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled to false in about:config. But as Dorian said, this may reduce performance. smiling smiley

That was already set to false in my copy of KM75, and shown as the default setting. Right now I'm using 75, but the settings I was using in 76 RC had been copied over from my 75 profile, so 76 RC has it as false, as well.

---
Gerry

Date: May 06, 2016 02:23PM

Just checked: KM75=false, KM76=true
That means the default setting has changed.
Profile settings in prefs.js only store users settings that are *different* from default, so copying it over can still results in different settings ;-)

JamesD
Comparing Beta 3 to RC startup times, I am showing 6 seconds with disk cache and adblock for beta 3 and less than 1 second for RC without disk cache and without adblock.
1 sec is incredible. Must admit for a moment I was being a bit envious now, LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 07:27PM by siria.

Date: May 06, 2016 05:34PM

siria
Just checked: KM75=false, KM76=true
That means the default setting has changed.
Profile settings in prefs.js only store users settings that are *different* from default, so copying it over can still results in different settings ;-)

I see what you mean. 76RC changed it to true. Now comes the interesting part: I set it back to false, and not only did that black screen disappear, but there's none of the brief interval I mentioned earlier in which a blank screen appears just before page loading. In fact, the performance now seems to exceed KM75! I guess a lot depends on a user's hardware and/or OS version.

JamesD
Comparing Beta 3 to RC startup times, I am showing 6 seconds with disk cache and adblock for beta 3 and less than 1 second for RC without disk cache and without adblock.

For me, RC takes about 1 sec to start up with disk cache disabled but ad block enabled, although I've never used Beta 3, so my comparisons are with KM75.

---
Gerry

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC >> Very Fast
Date: May 07, 2016 06:03PM

I have tried to make the start time reporting slightly more accurate than keeping an eye on the second hand of a watch.

I have a macro for reporting the time it takes KM to quit and restart itself.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,129880,138506#msg-138506

Using "time()" is only accurate to one second because it is Unix time. However the events between OnQuit and OnLoadOnce can give some idea when the "next" second began.

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC >> locale issue
Date: May 07, 2016 07:34PM

And once again: all the localizers need to download their new firefox locales for 38.8.0 ESR and update KM-locale from there.

At least you'll need files from (get into exe-distro of Firefox with any non-system archiver - I use 7zip as Total Commander plugin):
FFsetup.exe: core\browser\omni.ja\chrome\XX\locale\browser\preferences\

to replace ones in

KM ROOTfolder: \locales\XX\XX.jar\browser\preferences\

where XX is your locale code

This fixes about:preferences page when localized.

More about that page:
1) Good - anchors (#) do work now for direct URLing to left Preferences menu items.
2) Bad - MIMEtypes aren't shown in Applications section. KM itself 'sees' them but shows white [selectable] lines to user

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 07:58PM by rodocop.

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC >> RU locale
Date: May 07, 2016 07:58PM

Updated RU-locale for this RC - in usual place as always

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 07:59PM by rodocop.

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC >> RU locale
Date: May 09, 2016 05:16PM

Strange video bug for vk.com: controls are 'running away' from mouse while over.

See this one for example: https://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-24881486&id=456239107&hash=7ba7413751d22578

Updated: Reported for different builds of 76. (thanks to hermes)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 07:38PM by rodocop.

control panel (video) bug
Date: May 09, 2016 05:34PM

rodocop
Strange video bug for vk.com: controls are 'running away' from mouse while over.

Notice such even since 76beta, I thought that glitch only because of the modifications.
And is found not only on vk.com. Player control panel runs away, not allowing to
switch the quality, etc. However, youtube works as it should.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 05:35PM by hermes.

Re: control panel (video) bug
Date: May 09, 2016 07:38PM

approve this.

Longtime Window Frame Bug
Posted by: thomase13
Date: May 09, 2016 09:26PM

Hi,

I thought I would point out that a new user seems to have found a solution to the longtime border bug (at least since K-M 74!)
The details are here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,138488

As you can see from the screenshot, there is a double-border at the top of the frame, so the temporary frame at the bottom of the tab bar will have to be removed as well.

This is a Mozilla-wide bug as I have mentioned before, so I have added the information to my report on Bugzilla where they may or may not do anything about it.

Even if they do, I'd greatly appreciate implementation in K-M 76, since it sounds like a simple solution and Mozilla is working on Firefox 49 right now so it'll be quite a while until they implement it and we are using a K-Meleon version based on Gecko 52 ESR (that is if Mozilla hasn't decided to scrap Gecko, XUL, NPAPI, and finally achieve their apparent goal of literally becoming Google Chrome with a different name and logo, following in the once-great Opera's footsteps)

Thanks! smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 09:38PM by thomase13.

Posted by: coco
Date: May 11, 2016 05:36PM

Merci from Francesmiling smiley

Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon