Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: K-Meleon 76 RC >> about:preferences
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 21, 2016 12:21PM

foliator
I just noticed another problem with about:preferences: The Content section won't come up at all. If I try to switch to it from any other section, nothing happens; I'm still in the same section. Entering about:preferences#content in the URL bar doesn't work, either.

I am not having any problems seeing any section of about:preferences by clicking on the sections in the sidebar.

I even tried URL bar method. I copied about:preferences#content from the tab in which I was testing, closed the tab, opened a new window, and pasted the string into the URL bar there. It worked just as one would expect.

I am using KM 76 RC on Win 10 (64 bit)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foliator
Date: May 21, 2016 01:31PM

JamesD
I am not having any problems seeing any section of about:preferences by clicking on the sections in the sidebar.

I even tried URL bar method. I copied about:preferences#content from the tab in which I was testing, closed the tab, opened a new window, and pasted the string into the URL bar there. It worked just as one would expect.

I am using KM 76 RC on Win 10 (64 bit)

That's really odd. Now I've reverted to KM75, and if I enter about:preferences#content in the URL bar, I get the General section. Doing the same thing with about:preferences#applications gives me the General section, as well. The anchors are ignored. I never noticed that before, because I don't usually include the anchors when opening the page from the URL bar. Nevertheless, KM75 does let me switch sections OK once I'm in about:preferences, and all sections are functioning, including Applications.

Think I'll stay with 75 until the official release of 76.

---
Gerry

Posted by: rodocop
Date: May 21, 2016 02:02PM

I have the same experience as foliator with Content section.

And yes, anchors were ignored in 75.x. They start working only in 76 but with all these issues described for about:preferences

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC >> locale issue
Date: May 21, 2016 02:03PM

panzer
Right click --> Page Properties --> Images --> only black screen appears ...

This is again issue described for early 76 builds - the solution is to replace old docinfo macro with new docinfo.kmm fixed by Dorian.

I think Dorian simply have forgotten to make this replacement permanent in his main developer branch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2016 02:10PM by rodocop.

Date: May 21, 2016 02:50PM

The modified date on the docinfo.kmm in my 75.1 and 76 RC is 2009. I looked in the folder where I keep all my install files and I see a docinfo.kmm dated October of 2015.

I will load that one into my 76 RC and report what results I receive.

Edit::

I have loaded the newer file and restarted KM 76 RC. Everything seems to work in about:preferences. I don't actually change items there, but I do see all the items.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2016 02:57PM by JamesD.

Date: May 21, 2016 04:03PM

docinfo is about another problem, not with about:preferences...

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC
Posted by: ngu
Date: May 22, 2016 01:54AM

With 76RC, I can't change history settings in Preferences-->History. Anyone else has this problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2016 01:55AM by ngu.

Date: May 22, 2016 12:01PM

ngu
With 76RC, I can't change history settings in Preferences-->History.

Do changes to Preferences other than History work correctly?

If you answer 'Yes' to above, what specific history pref change(s) are not working?

If you answer is 'No' , try Help > Troubleshooting > Check privilege.

Posted by: ngu
Date: May 22, 2016 03:26PM

JamesD
ngu
With 76RC, I can't change history settings in Preferences-->History.

Do changes to Preferences other than History work correctly?

If you answer 'Yes' to above, what specific history pref change(s) are not working?

If you answer is 'No' , try Help > Troubleshooting > Check privilege.

Problem is gone. I rebooted my laptop and now I can change history settings. It's wierd.

flash player (bug)
Posted by: hermes
Date: May 31, 2016 09:20AM

/* to Dorian */

again on

rodocop
Strange video bug for vk.com: controls are 'running away' from mouse while over.

See this one for example: https://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-24881486&id=456239107&hash=7ba7413751d22578

Updated: Reported for different builds of 76. (thanks to hermes)

Volume testing revealed the following result:
the player interface "leaves from user" there and only there where
it is so-called embedded objects.
Ie is built-in and "not native" (e.g., via a frame). If you look
the video from the youtube all - normal. But if where to meet
also YouTube videos (e.g. news portal),
where it is built into the frame... the interface (of flash player) will "leave".

as an example
http://mibius.com.ua/tv-shou-peredachi-proekty/695-dobrov-v-efire/35498-dobrov-v-efire-poslednij-vypusk-ot-29052016-smotret-onlajn-ren-tv.html

not youtube example (here are more pronounced)
http://mibius.com.ua/tv-shou-peredachi-proekty/280-svoboda-slova/31387-svoboda-slova-vypuski-2015.html

correction:
problems arise with the scroll bar, quality setting, volume setting, etc.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 05:59PM by hermes.

Re: flash player (bug)
Posted by: Slickone
Date: June 05, 2016 03:25PM

If I install this over 76b3, will my Adblock plugin and macro still work?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 06, 2016 05:00PM

A little update. I've tweaked build parameters since it seems there is still problem with old system, fixed the encoding macro and removed some entries not relevant for gecko, put back the updated docinfo macro (didn't see that I've lost it in the crash), fixed about:preferences (still, "applications" show nothing, and remains a mystery).

I've begun to work with mozilla 45, but for some reason I have a bsod whenever I try to build it. Funny it only happens when I build mozilla, maybe it's a sign.

@Slickone: you should make a clean install for this release. If you have custom macros, you should put them in your profile folder.

Chanson Yu
EDIT: About Flashbolck
On this site http://music.163.com/#/mv?id=263008, you can play the vedio when Flashblock disabled or add it to the Flashblock whitelist, but you can't play it when Flashblock enabled and try to click the flashplay button.

Even youtube doesn't work properly with flashblock anymore. Unfortunately, since firefox block flash natively I don't think flashblock is still supported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2016 05:05PM by Dorian.

Posted by: Derek Suroki
Date: June 06, 2016 07:30PM

Still crashes at startup on XP, when KPlugin JSBridge was removed it stopped crashing!

Date: June 06, 2016 08:23PM

Dorian
I've begun to work with mozilla 45, but for some reason I have a bsod whenever I try to build it. Funny it only happens when I build mozilla, maybe it's a sign.

Considering what's been happening to Firefox lately, do you think updating the Mozilla components is worth the effort?

On my end I haven't discovered any advantages in browsing with a more recent Gecko engine. I've reverted to KM75 with Gecko 31 for the time being. KM76rc, despite the update to Gecko 38, doesn't improve the browsing performance for me, nor did Firefox 43 before I uninstalled it. Actually, 43 slowed things down a bit. Firefox, which spent a lot of time circling the airport, has changed course and is now circling the drain. grinning smiley

The only difference I noticed with the updates was increased line spacing in about_config.

---
Gerry

Date: June 06, 2016 10:02PM

about:config and other about: pages were just CSSed to get a new look ;-)

mod+
Date: June 07, 2016 12:24AM

foliator
On my end I haven't discovered any advantages in browsing with a more recent Gecko engine.

It is not so. Treatment CSS3 in 76.x is much more stable and did not cause collapse as 75.x. Separate plus enhanced work with encodings and the lack of falls when working with non-Latin domains.

Dorian
Even youtube doesn't work properly with flashblock anymore. Unfortunately, since firefox block flash natively I don't think flashblock is still supported.

I added several features to the original macro and you can now choose which version of YouTube (HTML5 or Flash) use (Flash by default). Even at 7+. Problems are only when using the default settings. And this is easily removed. Flashblock works great. Thanks for this plugin.

Started to debugging modification: the ability to execute JavaScript in one tab and do not doing it in other tab (or vice versa). The General idea is that each tab that is initially loaded with scripts disabled, they will not turn on even if in the adjacent tabs execute JavaScript. When executing JavaScript code, tab acquires an additional indicator (to differentiate between work or the lack of JavaScript in different tabs).

Created the module optimize memory and SsSS i.e. Super (special) Screen Size. Added native Firebug, AntiBOSS mode... etc.

If Dorian is interested... will gladly send all the scripts / source code and the Assembly as a whole to explore.

Recorded a ~13 minute video: (info how to download: https://yadi.sk/i/L5dOXIsesJanz)

https://yadi.sk/d/tN_zVUN5sJakG ( 5.68 MB ~13.5 min)

to demonstrate the issue with Flash and memory optimization
(and a little SsSS: allows you to hide and show panel on mouse over).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 12:49AM by hermes.

Re: mod+
Date: June 07, 2016 01:11AM

hermes

foliator
On my end I haven't discovered any advantages in browsing with a more recent Gecko engine.

It is not so. Treatment CSS3 in 76.x is much more stable and did not cause collapse as 75.x. Separate plus enhanced work with encodings and the lack of falls when working with non-Latin domains.

OK, well I probably never noticed those things, because the sites I visit look and behave exactly the same way in KM75, KM76rc and FF43; even the CSS rendering looks identical to me in all three of those browsers. I guess a lot depends on one's browsing habits.

---
Gerry

embedded objects (error)
Date: June 07, 2016 09:47AM

/* to Dorian */

Error with embedded objects is still present.
Links for easy testing:

(frame-based on vk.com) more pronounced
http://yandex.ru/video/search?text=%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0+%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D0%B5+%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE&redircnt=1465291763.1

(frame-based on YouTube)
http://yandex.ru/video/search?filmId=v9NSx3XgUXI&text=%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0

The interface (of flash player) will "leave".

correction:
problems arise with the scroll bar, quality setting, volume setting, etc.
After playback starts.
The problem is not found in 75.x appears in all 76.x.

Dorian
I've begun to work with mozilla 45, but for some reason I have a bsod whenever I try to build it.

With 2012 Studio watched (BSOD) when installing some OS updates.
Maybe... You can try in a virtual machine.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 10:13AM by hermes.

Date: June 07, 2016 11:29AM

Dorian

I seem to get Flashblock to work for me. My system has Youtube set to get JavaScript turned on and site reloaded if I go to Youtube with JS=off.

If I have Flashblock on and go this site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXDAYlhdkyg while JS is off then I see an error, but it does not stay long enough for me to read it. When my auto reload with JS= enabled happens, I see the flashblock symbol. After a short while, that changes to the "Play" symbol. I can click that and the video plays.

IE Favorites bar not configurable KM 76 RC
Date: June 09, 2016 06:12PM

I thought I should note this again. It was originally reported here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,138141

When using IE Favorites and enabling the favorites bar, it seems that some of the options in "Toolbar button width" do not work as expected or do not retain the selected values after a KM restart.

In my tests, I have three favorites to show in the bar. In the order that they appear, the first and third each have a length 15 characters while the the second favorite has a length greater than 100.

If I select "Fixed width (choose auto ... , then I see only favorite 1 and a large empty space before favorite 2 begins. This is correct. KM has automatically chosen to use the longest favorite as the fixed width. I only mention this to show why I would need to use another option.

The other two options do not work. Even if I set the third option to the same values as "default", they do not retain their value after a reset. If I set the third option by clicking "Restore default", then it works but only for 99 characters.

Date: June 10, 2016 05:43PM

Dorian

I just tried flashblock on YouTube using 76RC and it worked fine. However, the audio continues to play, so apparently Flash only handles the video, at least on that site.

Actually, I've stopped blocking Flash anyway, and just kill the flash objects on sites where I don't want to see them. That command works perfectly, even before the site has finished loading.

---
Gerry

K-meleon 76 RC update 1
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 10, 2016 06:52PM

foliator
Dorian

I just tried flashblock on YouTube using 76RC and it worked fine. However, the audio continues to play, so apparently Flash only handles the video, at least on that site.

Erm that wasn't Flash. It was HTML5.

When you hear audio, but the video is "blocked" (actually, isn't) it is the HTML5 player behind the FlashBlock "arrow".

If in K-meleon 76 works the same as in K-meleon 75, use the K-meleon user agent, not the compatible mix of K-meleon+Firefox, and you'll see that videos are loaded in Flash instead HTML5.

True that FlashBlock should block HTML5 as well, but doesn't. I don't know if the latest, installed as Firefox Add-on works and, if so, blocks HTML5.

Note: I don't use K-meleon 76, but I bet the YouTube behavior is the same as K-meleon 75.
Note2: for god shake, stop changing the subject of reply comments, @hermes, or soon this will be invaded by people that don't read what the **** we are talking about here. Sorry @hermes. Read below.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 09:33PM by JohnHell.

Re: K-meleon 76 RC update 1
Date: June 10, 2016 08:08PM

JohnHell
Erm that wasn't Flash. It was HTML5.

When you hear audio, but the video is "blocked" (actually, isn't) it is the HTML5 player behind the FlashBlock "arrow".

If in K-meleon 76 works the same as in K-meleon 75, use the K-meleon user agent, not the compatible mix of K-meleon+Firefox, and you'll see that videos are loaded in Flash instead HTML5.

True that FlashBlock should block HTML5 as well, but doesn't. I don't know if the latest, installed as Firefox Add-on works and, if so, blocks HTML5.

I just tried disabling the compatible UA and it didn't change anything; behavior is the same as with KM's Firefox-compatible UA. A third option, which I've been using a lot, is an all-Firefox UA, which I copied from FF43:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0

I use that one for a certain very fussy UA-sniffing site that refuses to bring up one of its essential pages unless it detects a very recent browser. It's not a favorite site of mine by any means, just one that I have to visit once in a while, whether I like it or not (for that very reason, I've always felt that MS was silly to call bookmarks "favorites").

As for HTML5, I've never succeeded in blocking that in either 75 or 76RC, but I prefer Flash, because it renders videos a lot more smoothly.

---
Gerry

Posted by: siria
Date: June 10, 2016 08:36PM

John @Note2: Hey don't kick the only other dev around ;-) Not quite fair anyway, just a typical case of a minor annoyance building up until it bursts and then accidentally hits a rather innocent one, who only tried to follow the example of others. Whether a good or bad thing, opinions differ, but frankly I've thought too a couple times already that especially in THIS thread the subject should keep *starting* with KM76RC... In general my preference would be a mixed subject, first the thread name and behind the 1 post subject...
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/addon.php?0,module=recent_messages

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 08:52PM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 10, 2016 08:50PM

@foliator then YouTube might have change the behavior :/

siria
John @Note2: Hey don't kick the only other dev around ;-) Not quite fair anyway, just a typical case of a minor annoyance building up until it bursts and then accidentally hits a rather innocent one, who only tried to follow the example of others. Whether a good or bad thing, opinions differ, but frankly I've thought too a couple times already that especially in THIS thread the subject should keep *starting* with KM76RC...

True. Sorry @hermes, I didn't remember you were developer too.

But, at least try to follow the "K-Meleon 76 RC whateverupdateifexists >> subtopic" schema used above/previously intelligently by JamesD.

Each time I have seen the title change, I was thinking on the damn Yahoo mail thread People just don't read and don't care if the problem is being discussed here, they just puke their "whatever".

END OF OFF-TOPIC. I, even, SHOULDN'T participate here unless, @Dorian, "I've tweaked build parameters since it seems there is still problem with old system" means that 76 version will work on older systems (Windows 2000) what I didn't even consider to ask or try. The last time wasn't K-meleon culprit, but Gecko.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 08:51PM by JohnHell.

Date: June 10, 2016 10:36PM

JohnHell
@foliator then YouTube might have change the behavior :/

Yes, which would be typical; Google seems to change things on that site as often as most people change their underwear. :mad:

I guess if I renamed my Flash plugin so that KM couldn't find it, YouTube videos would play the way Google wants them to; but then the videos on the majority of other sites wouldn't be supported, since they still use Flash.

Update: Just tried that, and yes, it's exactly what I expected. The audio and video work in sync and can be paused together, too, but the video playback isn't as smooth.

---
Gerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 10:48PM by foliator.

Date: June 12, 2016 03:47AM

Dorian
A little update. I've tweaked build parameters since it seems there is still problem with old system, fixed the encoding macro and removed some entries not relevant for gecko, put back the updated docinfo macro (didn't see that I've lost it in the crash), fixed about:preferences (still, "applications" show nothing, and remains a mystery).

Dorian, I copied the files in your update above to my existing 76RC folder, and suddenly discovered something about the "Applications" issue: Even though that list in about_preferences is still empty, the items do show up in KM's own File Handling dialogue under "By Type", and the actions can be managed there, as well. This is odd, because in KM75 I found quite the opposite: The Applications section was complete, but the "By Type" list was empty. :s I was never able to use it in 75, so I almost overlooked it in 76RC.

---
Gerry

Date: June 12, 2016 12:05PM

foliator,

and so was in RC without u1: KM's own MIMEtype list was filled and working while 'Applications' from about:preferences didn't show anything (but it wasn't empty - it contained empty lines which were selectable)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2016 01:50PM by rodocop.

Date: June 12, 2016 01:39PM

rodocop
foliator,

and so was in RC without u1: KM's own MIMEtype list was filled and working while 'Applications' from abour:preferences didn't show anything (but it wasn't empty - it contained empty lines which were selectable)

True. I never tried selecting those lines, but I see now that if I type a file extension into the search box, the list appears to scroll, and the vertical scrollbar disappears until I clear the search box. When I type pdf, in fact, the second line gets highlighted, so the list is definitely populated, but invisible. Weird! :O

---
Gerry

Posted by: Slayer
Date: June 12, 2016 02:10PM

Hi people, what are the requirements for this version? is sse2 a requirement?. What about the service pack. Currently I can not get it to work under win XP sp2 in an old amd k6 machine. Runs fine under Win7 (I'm using it right now).

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.