Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.72' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` K-Meleon 76 RC
Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: K-Meleon 76 RC
Posted by: callahan
Date: April 10, 2017 10:43PM

Hello ... I just finished setting up K-Meleon 76 ... works very well. I just noticed that Cookie Culler Plus is listed as working with version 76 or 7x. I use Cookie Culler Plus on my other KM versions ... really like the program.

However, I installed it into the KM folder and it doesn't seem to work ... the little square page that opens is a total blank.

The description for KM Versions that work are as listed:

versions supported: 1.1.x - 1.5.x - 1.6.x - 7x

I assume that the 7x applies to 76 ... is that correct? Does anyone use this program with KM 76?

thanks ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 11, 2017 03:24PM

It may have to do with how you set up KM 76. If you pointed it to an existing profile from 75, you might get the Cookie Culler program to work. If you started a fresh profile in 76, then I think it unlikely to work. The reason is that KM 76 will use the old cookie storage method if it finds that existing. If not, them 76 uses a new, and very different storage method.

Posted by: callahan
Date: April 11, 2017 07:22PM

JamesD,

No I did not use any profile from the KM 75 setup. I started from scratch with KM 76 and just this morning I deleted the whole KM 75 backup folder that I had stored on a flash drive.

K-Meleon 76 seems to be working OK except for that Cookie Culler program. I can just go into Tools/Privacy/Clear Data ... so I won't need the Cookie program and I also have everything set to clean when I close K-Meleon.

Thanks for the help.

callahan

Date: April 11, 2017 08:25PM

That is what I do. I accept all cookies - for the session. I allow cookies for certain domains to remain.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 11, 2017 09:07PM

offtopic

callahan
I just noticed that Cookie Culler Plus is listed as working with version 76 or 7x. I use Cookie Culler Plus on my other KM versions ... really like the program. However, I installed it into the KM folder and it doesn't seem to work ... the little square page that opens is a total blank.

That's no wonder, the folder structure in the kmext version is still ancient. Perhaps it already helps to move the "kmeleon/chrome" folder into the "kmeleon/browser/chrome" folder. Otherwise the old jar version can be replaced with a newer xpi-version, in extensions folder. But let's continue in the cookie culler thread:
-> http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,128715

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / toolbar for window size
Date: October 19, 2017 10:10PM

Please consider for next version:
Some new users had trouble to maximize/minize the window size, found no buttons for it. But the skin.cfg contains already images for it, so it would be easy to prepare a (hidden?) toolbar too, in toolbars.cfg

=============================

Window Size{

WinMin{
windowMinimize|&View
Minimize Window (right-click for menu)
}

WinMax{
windowToggle|&View
Toggle Window Max (right-click for menu)
}

WinClose{
windowClose|&View
Close Window (right-click for menu)
}
}

=============================

And also add it to the View-menu?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 10:12PM by siria.

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / $OnSwitchTab new event
Date: October 19, 2017 10:21PM

Oh and the interesting new $OnSwitchTab event is only half-implemented yet too!
It appeared in macros.dll some time ago already (KM76RC1?), and JamesD says it's actually WORKING already, only two tiny definition parts are missing yet in main.kmm, alongside the other event defintions smiling smiley

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / toolbar for window size
Date: October 20, 2017 12:15PM

siria
Please consider for next version:
Some new users had trouble to maximize/minize the window size, found no buttons for it. But the skin.cfg contains already images for it, so it would be easy to prepare a (hidden?) toolbar too, in toolbars.cfg

I think that I have this working. Should I try to make the buttons appear only when the K-Meleon app title bar is not shown?

Note: The checkbox for "Hide K-Meleon app title bar" does not reflect the current value after putting a check there.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 12:19PM by JamesD.

Attachments: toolbars.cfg (6.2 KB)  
Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / $OnSwitchTab new event
Date: October 20, 2017 12:29PM

siria
Oh and the interesting new $OnSwitchTab event is only half-implemented yet too!
It appeared in macros.dll some time ago already (KM76RC1?), and JamesD says it's actually WORKING already, only two tiny definition parts are missing yet in main.kmm, alongside the other event defintions

Actually there are two events available in the current code that need only the initialization completed in the MAIN.KMM macro. $OnSwitchTab and $OnUserSetup can be used once they are initialized in the MAIN.KMM macro.

$OnUserSetup runs after $OnSetup in the order of events.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Attachments: main.kmm (30.5 KB)  
Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / Bug: readme.html says "KM75"
Date: November 13, 2017 08:22PM

A little text bug:
the readme.html pages (Help>Welcome) claim it's KM75!
Not in en+fr(+zn?), but in de+es+ru

Date: November 14, 2017 05:16PM

And a request:
Please show the detailed, current version in the readme.html again. Until 1.x that page always was updated, like "1.6 Beta2".
Only in the last years, since 7X, it's nowhere to be found anymore. Whenever a user posts some prob and we ask him which version he has exactly, and when he asks back how to know that, things get complicated sad smiley
Not to mention always struggling when writing a multi-KM-version macro.

Additional to the readme, it would also help to get it in the platform.ini, perhaps something like that??

[Build]
BuildID=20160426174420
Milestone=38.8.0esrpre
SourceStamp=341679f40bcb

[K-Meleon]
KM_Milestone=76.0RC_PRO
KM_Date=20170401

Rodocop will add it in the future, and a little troubleshoot-macro will read it from there. Example
https://s6.postimg.cc/4ohbjrwb5/screenshot_406.png

And meanwhile someone (??) explained us there's some cryptic Buildnumber in version.ini in profiles. The same as $VERSION since awhile. That's good to know too and can help in many cases, but needs a "translation" first to KM7X-alphabetaRCstableNumber. Another prob, because that number depends from the kmeleon.exe, it can be the same for different builds, even so extremely different as KM1.6 and KM1.7alpha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 05:22PM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 14, 2017 07:53PM

The big KM 7x-problem touching readme-files but not limited to them is the fail of resource:// protocol.

Earlier we were able to give relative links to any file inside KM-folder using that thing, but now it's addressed just inside omni.ja.

So we need hardcode readme-file address somewhere in settings or macros. But this isn't big prob as it was solved by some macro as I can recall (it gets the locale code from pref and uses it as variable to get into that locale folder)

But in other cases you want to relatively point to some file to open it in KM tab - but you cannot do it through resource:// (and this breaks backwards compatibility with 1.x-branch)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 07:54PM by rodocop.

Posted by: Gabriel Salcido
Date: November 25, 2017 02:01AM

They should include the option "Inspect page" is extremely useful, with only that would be more than prefect smiling smiley

Posted by: roytam1
Date: November 30, 2017 04:28PM

rodocop
The big KM 7x-problem touching readme-files but not limited to them is the fail of resource:// protocol.

Earlier we were able to give relative links to any file inside KM-folder using that thing, but now it's addressed just inside omni.ja.

So we need hardcode readme-file address somewhere in settings or macros. But this isn't big prob as it was solved by some macro as I can recall (it gets the locale code from pref and uses it as variable to get into that locale folder)

But in other cases you want to relatively point to some file to open it in KM tab - but you cannot do it through resource:// (and this breaks backwards compatibility with 1.x-branch)

This can be fixed(rolling back to old behavior) by this patch:
diff --git a/netwerk/protocol/res/nsResProtocolHandler.cpp b/netwerk/protocol/res/nsResProtocolHandler.cpp
index 97788082f..9c977f048 100644
--- a/netwerk/protocol/res/nsResProtocolHandler.cpp
+++ b/netwerk/protocol/res/nsResProtocolHandler.cpp
@@ -9,6 +9,7 @@

#include "nsResProtocolHandler.h"
 #include "nsIIOService.h"
+#include "nsDirectoryServiceDefs.h"
 #include "nsIFile.h"
 #include "nsNetUtil.h"
 #include "nsURLHelper.h"
@@ -131,11 +132,18 @@ nsResProtocolHandler::Init()
     rv = mozilla::Omnijar::GetURIString(mozilla::Omnijar::GRE, greURI);
     NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv);

+
     //
     // make resource:/// point to the application directory or omnijar
     //
+    nsCOMPtr<nsIFile> file;
+    rv = NS_GetSpecialDirectory(NS_OS_CURRENT_PROCESS_DIR, getter_AddRefs(file));
+    NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv);
+    nsCOMPtr<nsIFile> parent;
+    file->GetParent(getter_AddRefs(parent));
+
     nsCOMPtr<nsIURI> uri;
-    rv = NS_NewURI(getter_AddRefs(uri), appURI.Length() ? appURI : greURI);
+    rv = mIOService->NewFileURI(parent, getter_AddRefs(uri));

rv = SetSubstitution(EmptyCString(), uri);
@@ -144,6 +152,10 @@ nsResProtocolHandler::Init()
     //
     // make resource://app/ point to the application directory or omnijar
     //
+    //nsCOMPtr<nsIURI> uri;
+    rv = NS_NewURI(getter_AddRefs(uri), appURI.Length() ? appURI : greURI);
+    NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv);
+
     rv = SetSubstitution(kAPP, uri);

so resource://app/ still points to k-meleon.exe folder -> browser folder, while resource:/// points to k-meleon.exe folder.

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / Bugfix xpi
Date: December 03, 2017 09:41PM

There's more discussion in the Goanna-thread.
Looks like the above change breaks something in F2>Gui again.

And another tiny fix, posted by Hermes, improves xpi-compatibility:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,143253,143418#msg-143418

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: December 05, 2017 03:12PM

Once again,two bugs on KM76 reported at December 21, 2016.

1. Can't clear caches by the tool menu options,about the privacy related commands:
plugin(privacy,ClearCache); --> ONLY this don't work!
plugin(privacy,ClearCookies); --> Works
plugin(privacy,ClearHistory); --> Works
plugin(privacy,ClearMRU); --> Works
plugin(privacy,ClearSignon); --> Works

2. Can't add and save user-defined gestures actions in the Preferences panel:

Re: K-Meleon 76 RC / please finalize...
Date: December 06, 2017 11:36PM

I would really like very much if there could be published a "final" version of KM76-Gecko first, before proceeding to newer engines. Or possibly to the Palemoon-engine Goanna, as in the works by roytam1, soon almost finished as it seems. But that one is still based on obsolete KM75/76beta files in the repository, instead of RC2 source.

KM76RC has been "almost finished" for so long, hanging in the middle of nowhere, while rodocop has collected the bugs and especially known fixes in his PRO version. So I imagine it can't be overly hard to incorporate those into the official version too, 'only' takes some time (which no one has, but still...) Ideally perhaps some of the brandnew fixes from roytam and Hermes for Goanna could already be included too, like for videos or SSE, but if not yet, never mind.

And then to get those official 76 sources into the repository, so roytam can use them too in his unofficial build.

What feels very misleading to me is the versioning. The useragent string of KM-Goanna claims to be related with "FF52.9", while KM76 is based on FF38esr - there are at least 2 major levels in between! It should rather be called KM78.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: December 10, 2017 03:12PM

siria
I would really like very much if there could be published a "final" version of KM76-Gecko first, before proceeding to newer engines.

siria,I couldn't agree with you more,maybe Dorian will give us a Christmas gift. grinning smiley

Date: December 15, 2017 12:20PM

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,143691,143827#msg-143827
callahan
It would be nice it the additional top 'Pro' tab could be brought into the newer KM 76 version ... in the future as a newer version becomes more 'final'.
It's nice having all those 'about: pages' available and in one place

Absolutely agree about the missing "about" functions in the menus, IMO this is a biggie! Still today, after 4 years since KM7X got started, and now will perhaps remain missing in Goanna too.
Especially "about:addons" is most important.

Also discovered that all the "permissions.default" prefs don't even exist, except for "images". Not in menu as well, but not even in about:config to be found. Perhaps those will appear on "about:permissions" when it starts working? But until then, if a user doesn't already have deeper knowledge he'll never discover those great settings.
It's already some time that I made macros for it, permdefs (=menu) and priv3buttons (toolbar), and toggle them all the time, incl. triple toggles.

The GUI just has always the very lowest priority and even the easiest things can take years to get fixed :-/
And just noticed, while looking around in Goanna, that of course all my old multi-version macros which decide the KM-version by the BUILD version in platform ini, now think Goanna were "Gecko 3.4" and therefore don't even show some newer functions for 7X, grmpf. Because there's not 1 single clear method for all versions anymore, as in the past the vendors pref. Now GUI+version info are almost lost cases :-/

Suggestion for all future builds:
as in KM-Pro, add this pref to kmeleon.js? If possible even with alpha/beta etc. info?
pref("kmeleon.display.title", "K-Meleon 76 Pro");
"K-Meleon 76 RC4" or "K-Meleon Goanna test4" or ...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2017 12:31PM by siria.

Date: December 15, 2017 01:08PM

siria
as in KM-Pro, add this pref to kmeleon.js? If possible even with alpha/beta etc. info?

I have a macro which I use to keep up with what version quickly. Right now, I must add to the title using the preferences.

JamesD

Attachments: specific.kmm (4.1 KB)  
Posted by: roytam1
Date: December 15, 2017 03:09PM

siria
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,143691,143827#msg-143827
callahan
It would be nice it the additional top 'Pro' tab could be brought into the newer KM 76 version ... in the future as a newer version becomes more 'final'.
It's nice having all those 'about: pages' available and in one place

Absolutely agree about the missing "about" functions in the menus, IMO this is a biggie! Still today, after 4 years since KM7X got started, and now will perhaps remain missing in Goanna too.
Especially "about:addons" is most important.

Also discovered that all the "permissions.default" prefs don't even exist, except for "images". Not in menu as well, but not even in about:config to be found. Perhaps those will appear on "about:permissions" when it starts working? But until then, if a user doesn't already have deeper knowledge he'll never discover those great settings.
It's already some time that I made macros for it, permdefs (=menu) and priv3buttons (toolbar), and toggle them all the time, incl. triple toggles.

The GUI just has always the very lowest priority and even the easiest things can take years to get fixed :-/
And just noticed, while looking around in Goanna, that of course all my old multi-version macros which decide the KM-version by the BUILD version in platform ini, now think Goanna were "Gecko 3.4" and therefore don't even show some newer functions for 7X, grmpf. Because there's not 1 single clear method for all versions anymore, as in the past the vendors pref. Now GUI+version info are almost lost cases :-/

maybe we can just add about:addons menu by macros?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 15, 2017 05:42PM

roytam1

This is already made in Pro. Feel free take aboutpages.kmm from there and change it as you like.

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: December 16, 2017 12:01AM

roytam1

I have already done that with my Addons Manager Macro for K-Meleon 74/75 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,133695,133695#msg-133695

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=1143,filename=AddonsManager.zip

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: January 09, 2018 10:13PM

Chanson Yu
siria
I would really like very much if there could be published a "final" version of KM76-Gecko first, before proceeding to newer engines.

siria,I couldn't agree with you more,maybe Dorian will give us a Christmas gift. grinning smiley

looks like that did not happen and the year 2018 has just begun (and KM76 is still not yet finalized).

has anyone heard or seen Dorian lately? he's been MIA for quite a while.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 10, 2018 08:58AM

4td8s
Chanson Yu
siria

looks like that did not happen and the year 2018 has just begun (and KM76 is still not yet finalized).

No. I only sent Dorian a New Years message. He had a bad cold but is ok again.

Our French comrades/translator/dev: alain and Dorian are using Linux mostly.

about:addons - until something is finished just add it as bookmark.

I use bookmarks instead of macros to call Chrome items.

Add-ons-Manager
about:addons

Cookie Keeper
chrome://cookiekeeper/content/cookiekeeper.xul

Live HTTP headers
chrome://livehttpheaders/content/LiveHTTPHeaders.xul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 09:00AM by guenter.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 04, 2018 05:36PM

guenter
4td8s
Chanson Yu
siria

No. I only sent Dorian a New Years message. He had a bad cold but is ok again.

Our French comrades/translator/dev: alain and Dorian are using Linux mostly.

about:addons - until something is finished just add it as bookmark.

I use bookmarks instead of macros to call Chrome items.

Add-ons-Manager
about:addons

Cookie Keeper
chrome://cookiekeeper/content/cookiekeeper.xul

Live HTTP headers
chrome://livehttpheaders/content/LiveHTTPHeaders.xul

well - any follow up on this? and how's Dorian recently?

Pages: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon