Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 01, 2014 03:51PM

Download

I didn't work much lately on k-meleon. It's a compilation of all previous fixes, some contributions from other and latest security fixes.

Trying to aim for a RC next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: June 01, 2014 04:44PM

that's good news Dorian, thanks for sharing your work.............

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: June 01, 2014 10:50PM

Have any of the bugs I mentioned been fixed in this beta or not? I have tried to replicate one of them with success. The one I replicated is the one that crashes it when opening and closing new tabs quickly.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 02, 2014 12:18AM

Thank you very much, Dorian. You do great work.

Date: June 02, 2014 08:50PM

Here's some more of my findings on this version:

1. The mozalloc.dll crash I mentioned in the previous beta's thread seems to have been fixed.

2. Its now crashing because of mozjs.dll when I have more than 5 tabs automatically reloading every so often.

3. Its also crashing because of the Flash plugin for a reason I don't know of yet.

EDIT: It just crashed because of mozalloc.dll when viewing a Youtube video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2014 11:38PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 03, 2014 02:23PM

Is it me or this update can't locate extensions.manifest?...

Nevermind, after do a backup search, it was the chrome.manifest in the root folder. It hadn't the line manifest extensions/extensions.manifest

EDIT: still doesn't work. I go back to beta3 update 2. I can't test this today.

I'm not very sharp these days, that's because I started to test it today.

By the way, thanks for the refcontrol extension adaption to Km74. I haven't tested it at all yet, but thanks anyway smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2014 02:47PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: June 04, 2014 05:00PM

Zero3K

1. The mozalloc.dll crash I mentioned in the previous beta's thread seems to have been fixed.

2. Its now crashing because of mozjs.dll when I have more than 5 tabs automatically reloading every so often.

3. Its also crashing because of the Flash plugin for a reason I don't know of yet.

I've recently tested K-meleon 74b4 on my computer with Windows Vista SP2 32bit and it did not crash when viewing any Youtube videos, Zero3K (like WTH!). what version of Flash Player are you using? I just upgraded from Flash 10.3 to 11.7 (and will AVOID flash player versions 12 & higher as those require Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 [K8] CPUs or faster). And what version of Windows are you using and what graphics drivers do you have installed on your computer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 05:01PM by 4td8s.

Date: June 04, 2014 06:07PM

Ok, I think I'm with the mind clearer today winking smiley

All working but I haven't found changes yet (if not any) I'll have to browse the old thread and test one by one tongue sticking out smiley The next days will tell.

Any list of fixes from b3u2 to b4, Dorian? smiling smiley

RefControl works perfectly too. Thanks to who adapted it smiling smiley

Date: June 04, 2014 07:39PM

4td8s
Zero3K

I've recently tested K-meleon 74b4 on my computer with Windows Vista SP2 32bit and it did not crash when viewing any Youtube videos, Zero3K (like WTH!). what version of Flash Player are you using? I just upgraded from Flash 10.3 to 11.7 (and will AVOID flash player versions 12 & higher as those require Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 [K8] CPUs or faster). And what version of Windows are you using and what graphics drivers do you have installed on your computer?

1. 14.0.0.122
2. Windows 7 SP1
3. NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (337.88)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 07:39PM by Zero3K.

Date: June 04, 2014 07:56PM

... you know that Flash 14 is a beta, right? Further, it is more a test version than a beta itself.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

K-meleon is also a beta, yes, but necessary if you want to be compliant with latest HTML/CSS/Javascript, but with Flash there is no need of such beta, and less for YouTube. Even with Flash 10.x works.

EDIT: what I mean is that you can't make K-meleon guilty when using a beta plugin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 07:59PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: June 05, 2014 04:08PM

JohnHell

EDIT: what I mean is that you can't make K-meleon guilty when using a beta plugin.

thank you for saying this, Johnhell. that's what happens when people use beta versions of adobe flash player. expect some bugs/problems with flash betas used in any browser.

downgrade to stable release versions of flash player like 13, 11.7 or 10.3 until the final release of flash 14 comes out.

Posted by: naruman
Date: June 05, 2014 11:48PM

It's good to see all kmeleon users again , and you doing good work as always Dorian .

And i was hoping in the next fix/update to focus on some of major issues, something like:

Increase methods of transferring data between browser and xul (get content,events ,...) , we already have link "thanks to JSBridge" & also between xul & macros in macros side.

Maybe create something like "gBrowser" of xul for km tabs ,this things will make converted the addons little easy , without creating new "components" or "kplugin" .

Any way in the last month i did few things :

-I managed of creating way for km to read the chrome manifests On Startup without the need to manual way for add them in "extensions.manifests"

-Also updated the home page , create package like "K-Meleon 74 Beta 2+1" , and some other little fix.

-Updated adodupan's user agent "component" , it now can create any u.a string for any browser to any site while km is running (still work in it's macro) .

-Also converted "adblock plus" to work with km and all filters are working, but still work in "block new image,sites ".

-Also work on adding "restore last session" of firefox with the ability to choose which site to restore (still work in it's tree).

I will upload the package when i finish of it .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2014 11:49PM by naruman.

Posted by: KMfan2
Date: June 06, 2014 04:32AM

naruman
-Also converted "adblock plus" to work with km and all filters are working, but still work in "block new image,sites ".

I will upload the package when i finish of it .

I need the adblock like the desert needs the rain :drool:

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 06, 2014 05:04AM

Dorian
Download

I didn't work much lately on k-meleon. It's a compilation of all previous fixes, some contributions from other and latest security fixes.

Merci Dorian, BTW K-Meleon is IMHO a hobby - we only must go to work every day.smiling smiley

naruman
It's good to see all kmeleon users again , and you doing good work as always Dorian .

Shukran naruman, I am glad to see Dorian and You again. Your most recent post I remember made me fear that You are still off-line because of a bad DSL.

I am much impressed because You both created things that I never thought possible for our motely stepchild of Mozilla.

BTW in build 1.8.24 adodupan managed to fix bookmarks bar and added some new things to chrome prefs panel. So there is a plugin with working favorite and bookmarks bar and some more to translate now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 05:37AM by guenter.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 06, 2014 11:13AM

naruman,
wonderful!

Did you adapt new FF AdBlockPlus to work with KM - or was it old KM ABP?

The point is that if this is new FF one - then it means we can make a number of FF extensions working with new KM - right?

Posted by: jeronimo
Date: June 06, 2014 11:43AM

Guys, working Adblock Plus for K-meleon 74 can be found @ http://kmext.sourceforge.net/

Make sure to follow the instructions inside 7-zip-package.

Posted by: thomase13
Date: June 06, 2014 03:23PM

Thank you for this update Dorian! smiling smiley

I am wondering how to properly update K-Meleon or switch my preferences between different versions and computers.
I am guessing the new update will override my current settings?
Should I be keeping a zip folder with my settings to extract to each version, or how is this normally done?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 03:24PM by thomase13.

Date: June 06, 2014 05:22PM

thomase13

I am wondering how to properly update K-Meleon or switch my preferences between different versions and computers.
I am guessing the new update will override my current settings?
Should I be keeping a zip folder with my settings to extract to each version, or how is this normally done?

To easily switch between versions You start the version with the switch -new.
Example: E:\.K-Meleon74beta2\k-meleon.exe -new. Desktop right click properties of the link and add "-new" and save.

It will start now even while other versions are running provided no other version uses the same profile.

The are two ways to make sure of that. Either start with the profile manager. That way You can choose from the profiles You created for special jobs stored in user%APPDATA%.

Else You choose portable setup. That way each K-Meleon gets a profile of its own in its install folder. You can also create & use several profiles via the profile manager but the are in the install directory.

Both profiles types or better locations in User%APPDATA% or in the portable install folders are self contained.

You can copy e.g. the content of E:\.K-Meleon74beta2\Profiles\prj8nivd.default
into F:\kmeleon.1.8.0.build.11\Profiles\scrmykc3.default, into an install folder profiles directory on USB or to XP SP3 custom (other PC language or OS) version USER%APPDATA% such as ./Profile/Anwendungsdaten/K-Meleon/egp58t74.default or to any default location of the respective OS.

Carry around. To copy the content of the used profile folder around is also the easyest method to synchronise Your settings between different PCs and versions.

However. You can only mix the 1.5.x versions. They are only partially but mostly compatible with 1.6/1.7 branch. And in turn not all is compatible to the 74/1.8 branch.

Basic settings such as skin, bookmarks, the way the tabs open have AFAIK stayed the same since before 1.5 but history, password storage and some other things have changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 05:26PM by guenter.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: June 06, 2014 09:15PM

You do not know what ypu are talking baout.

K-Meleon already has the ability to open the "last session"
except it is calleed "Previous Session"

You have to set the Sessions Options to load a Session and Set it to "Previous Session"

Then you have Open Last Session

In K-Meleon "Previous Session" = "Last Session" in Firefox

Posted by: KMfan2
Date: June 07, 2014 03:58AM

jeronimo
Guys, working Adblock Plus for K-meleon 74 can be found @ http://kmext.sourceforge.net/

Make sure to follow the instructions inside 7-zip-package.

It's not working ! When i try to click on Subscriptions nothing happens ! I've tried to edit the patterns whit another adblock subscription, but it's not working also.

Date: June 07, 2014 06:38AM

George Hall

You have to set the Sessions Options to load a Session and Set it to "Previous Session"

No George Hall - a language problem. naruman write IMHO about adding a way to chose what part of the previous/last session will be opened.

siria pointed at it a while ago that You are in trouble when You want to resume a session that has a tab/window with a site that caused a crash. In many cases the crash happens again and You are stuck. Then You can only try to find the interesting sites of that session from the history function.

Nobody cares IMHO if the function to chose what parts of a session to re-load is implemented via a GRE function e.g. via history instead via the session.dll and kmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2014 06:40AM by guenter.

Date: June 07, 2014 02:02PM

guenter
George Hall

No George Hall - a language problem. naruman write IMHO about adding a way to chose what part of the previous/last session will be opened.

siria pointed at it a while ago that You are in trouble when You want to resume a session that has a tab/window with a site that caused a crash. In many cases the crash happens again and You are stuck. Then You can only try to find the interesting sites of that session from the history function.

Nobody cares IMHO if the function to chose what parts of a session to re-load is implemented via a GRE function e.g. via history instead via the session.dll and kmm.

Gruups2 K-Meleon Extension can save part of session by save a group of tabs or one single webpage.

However, You have to manually load the saved groups of tabs or the single webpage.

It would easier to groups2 save that part of the session than entirely rewriting sessions function or adding a new macro.

Date: June 07, 2014 04:42PM

Another issue I've been noticing is that it starts lagging after having tabs containing Flash elements open for a while.

EDIT: I got it to crash because of mozalloc.dll by inputting a space as part of a url into the Address Bar and pressing enter. The ESR version of Mozilla Firefox tells me that the URL is invalid instead of crashing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2014 06:21PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: naruman
Date: June 08, 2014 03:07PM

KMfan2
I need the adblock like the desert needs the rain :drool:

The rain will come very soon

guenter
Shukran naruman, I am glad to see Dorian and You again. Your most recent post I remember made me fear that You are still off-line because of a bad DSL.

Yes guenter after the hard times off-line ,i finally restore the DSL grinning smiley.

rodocop
Did you adapt new FF AdBlockPlus to work with KM - or was it old KM ABP?
The point is that if this is new FF one - then it means we can make a number of FF extensions working with new KM - right?

Yes rodocop i did use a new version of AdBlock-Plus but not not the newest one .
And also yes , km can adapt more new FF extensions , if fix the issues thats i did mention before.
In this version , i did some trick to the add-on to gain its interactive method (without kplugin). (look at this images)
--

I still working on all things , but the free time is the golden element here.

By the way , i had solved the bug of "Print preview" while i work on the AdBlock ,i don't know if i can finish it in this version , or it will waiting to the next one.

Date: June 08, 2014 06:15PM

Firefox does not have have the ability to load "last session" unless the browser crashes.

Firefpx can load "Last Session" or part of Session unless you add addosn which alow it to do so.

K-Meleon has a builtin Session Manager and Firefox does nit.

The addon "Last Session" automaticlaly opens the last session.

Frefox can only load part of a session when addon "Session Mamager" is installed.

The "Session Manager" can auto list the save sessions if you set it uo and you can click part of one the session to load.

Session Manager can also be setuo to load the Last Session automtically.

Date: June 08, 2014 06:59PM

George Hall
Firefox does not have have the ability to load "last session" unless the browser crashes.

Firefpx can load "Last Session" or part of Session unless you add addosn which alow it to do so.

It has that option:
History>Restore Previous session

And Seamonkey (from 2.x if I'm not wrong):
Go>Restore Previous session

We could say that it isn't as useful as K-meleon sessions, but they have.

Date: June 09, 2014 02:59AM

Zero3K
Another issue I've been noticing is that it starts lagging after having tabs containing Flash elements open for a while.

EDIT: I got it to crash because of mozalloc.dll by inputting a space as part of a url into the Address Bar and pressing enter. The ESR version of Mozilla Firefox tells me that the URL is invalid instead of crashing.

Is anyone able to replicate these two issues?

Date: June 09, 2014 12:42PM

Zero3K
Zero3K

Is anyone able to replicate these two issues?

XP SP3 CPU Typ Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 2 GB RAM. No on the first. Except that my machine may overheat if too much flash is open and draining on resources during the summer.

For two we may need that invallid URL to test.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: June 09, 2014 12:45PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:20PM by adodupan.

Posted by: vincent
Date: June 09, 2014 01:21PM

bookmarks plugin doesn't like the bookmarks.html file. It will create a file with name "E" all over the place

Changing the user_pref doesn't do anything. After making the change with K-meleon closed, after the program starts, it will change the setting to "\\":

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.bookmarkFile", "\\");

Pages: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.