Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 13, 2015 06:04PM

Download installer

Changes since Beta 3 Update 3

- Gecko 31.5
- Fixed click not working in menu and other weird event problem
- Fixed being trashed when closing windows session
- Fixed checkbutton
- Add appRestart (doesn't warn if download in progress)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate
Posted by: soccerfan
Date: March 13, 2015 06:52PM

Thanks Dorian smiling smiley
I see you have also updated proxy.kmmgrinning smiley

soccerfan

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 13, 2015 08:56PM

Many, many thanks Dorian!!!

If you can please add a single line at the end of proxy.kmm next time:

$OnStartup=$OnStartup."Proxy_Sync;";

So Km can sync and show the correct proxy status after start up.

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: March 13, 2015 10:18PM

I found a toolbar bug in K-Meleon 75.0 in the Klassic Theme.

When "Search Button" , "Zoom Buttons", and "Mail/News Buttons" are placed in that order after the "Main Bar"
The.""Zoom Buttons" and "Mail//News Buttons" jump to then end of line after the "Go Button"

When "Search Button" , "Mail/News Buttons" and "Zoom Buttons" are place in this order after the "Main Bar".
The 'Mail/News Buttons" and "Zoom Buttons" do not jump to the end of the line after the "Go Button"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 10:21PM by George_Hall.

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: March 14, 2015 04:10AM

Heh, the bug to save favorites (with k-meleon in Spanish) also comes included in this version again confused smiley

Posted by: ngu
Date: March 14, 2015 10:43AM

Anyone have the Tab order problem with the new session plugin? For example, if I run Kmeleon with a blank Tab, then I open, let's say, 10 Tabs, the order is Tab1, Tab2, Tab3,...,Tab10. In the session options, I set "open last session at startup". Then I close Kmeleon. When I run Kemelon again, the tab order becomes Tab1,Tab10,Tab9,...,Tab2. It's kind of reversed. Also, If I run Kmeleon with 10 Tabs, then I open another Tab next to the last Tab, now it loos like Tab1,Tab2,Tab3,...,Tab10,Tab11. Then I close Kmeleon and run it again, the Tab order becomes Tab1, Tab11, Tab2, Tab3,...,Tab10. It looks like the new opened Tab will always be put next to the first Tab.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 14, 2015 12:42PM

Yes, I had this problem from the 1.6 version along with 'resurrection' of last closed right before KM exit.

Dorian said that the latter problem is solved (it seems so, yes) but the tab order still here sometimes. It starts happening (as I can see) when tabs exceed the room in the tabbar measured for max tab width.

In other words, problem appears only when KM is forced to shrink tabs.

So, the 'fake solution' when working with 10-15 (+/-) tabs may be to decrease max tab width in Preferences->Tab Browsing->Tab bar from default 60 to smaller value (~20).

But real solution should be made in toolbars kplugin.

Please, Dorian - if possible!

Date: March 14, 2015 01:49PM

Dorian,
one new bug, that appears in b3u3 and remains in RC.

Pref
kmeleon.plugins.macros.searchtyped.openurl

doesn't work - search button queries are all open in current tab, no matter what value is set in about:config (we still miss 'Search button' tab in Preferences->Finding websites).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 02:01PM by rodocop.

Date: March 14, 2015 01:58PM

Also bookmarks bug still here.

And more - when installing K-Meleon as Russian all hotkeys stop working!

But if install as English and later switch to Russian in Preferences - hotkeys work.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 14, 2015 02:18PM

@ Dorian

Thank you very much for your work on K-Meleon.

Did something happen to $OnLoadOnce $OnOpenTab between update 3 and RC?
These statements kill KM 75 RC but work fine in update 3.

_EventOrder_OnLoadOnce {
alert("OnLoadOnce", "Event Action", INFO);
}
_EventOrder_OnOpenTab {
alert("OnOpenTab", "Event Action", INFO);
} 

$OnLoadOnce=$OnLoadOnce."_EventOrder_OnLoadOnce;";
$OnOpenTab=$OnOpenTab."_EventOrder_OnOpenTab;";

Edit: Later test proved my first impression wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 02:38PM by JamesD.

Date: March 14, 2015 05:52PM

c-sanchez
Heh, the bug to save favorites (with k-meleon in Spanish) also comes included in this version again confused smiley

It happens only in spanish?

rodocop
Pref
kmeleon.plugins.macros.searchtyped.openurl

Replace line 271 in main.kmm with:
    open($OpenURL, $_HowST);

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 06:09PM by Dorian.

Date: March 14, 2015 07:59PM

Dorian
Replace line 271 in main.kmm with:
    open($OpenURL, $_HowST);

Works in RC (and doesn't - in b3u3)

Posted by: tacotacun
Date: March 14, 2015 08:02PM

Hello

where is the "Restart" option ?

Date: March 14, 2015 08:55PM

Old ru-locale in 75RC. Dorian, please redownload new one from here

Date: March 14, 2015 09:06PM

When 75RC installed (even in 'fake-portable' mode when keeping Profiles into KM folder) any other instances (other portable builds like b3u3, b3, b2, 74, 74-31 etc. - if with 'default'-named profile) couldn't be run after opening it even with '-new' parameter.
The selected profile can't be loaded. It's already in use or the profile folder is not accessible.
Is it bug or feature?

UPD.: when RC is installed but not loaded command 'k-meleon.exe -new' called in any folder loads 75RC. It seems like k-meleon.exe is associated with RC's path.

But it wasn't so for KM74 installers.

UPD.2:
I think the reason are registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\K-Meleon\75.0 (en-US)\Main\PathToExe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\K-Meleon 75.0\bin\PathToExe

but I'm not sure for now.

UPD.3: More likely it's here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths

UPD.4:
Oh, I begin to suspect, that old 'feature' with KM start path is now gone and '-new' parameter gonna useless from now. Right? Every new instance of KM will start itself not as new tab in other previously opened instance???

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 09:55PM by rodocop.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 14, 2015 09:54PM

rodocop
(we still miss 'Search button' tab in Preferences->Finding websites).

The "Search button" tab isn't showed in Prefs panel because it's commented in XUL code.

This setting must be in Browsing -> General tab -> Open combo.
Dorian said you what line you must changed in main.kmm to fix it.

If this not work or you like different settings, I think we can add a search option in Open combo.

I don't try RC version yet, but in previus beta versions when you view source of web page you can't do mouse-scroll in view source window.
You have to do click on other window and become to view source window to can do mouse-scroll.

I think there is some problem in the view-source code with the focus.
I tried it in Windows 7, can someone confirm this problem in other systems?

Greentigs.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: March 14, 2015 09:59PM

desga,

it would be great to add this to Open combobox! I had searched there but with no luck grinning smiley.
Fix in main.kmm works for 75RC though.

And yes - I confirm source code focus problem on XP SP3 32bit (exactly as you've described it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 10:00PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 14, 2015 10:24PM

rodocop
UPD.: when RC is installed but not loaded command 'k-meleon.exe -new' called in any folder loads 75RC. It seems like k-meleon.exe is associated with RC's path.

Perhaps I did not understand, but I don't think this happens on my system.

I have RC installed with profile in folder. I have 75 update 3 with the "-new" in a shortcut. Using the shortcut to update 3 opens update 3. I do have full path in shortcut. Is it possible without full path?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 14, 2015 10:40PM

desga2

I don't try RC version yet, but in previus beta versions when you view source of web page you can't do mouse-scroll in view source window.
You have to do click on other window and become to view source window to can do mouse-scroll.

I think there is some problem in the view-source code with the focus.
I tried it in Windows 7, can someone confirm this problem in other systems?

Greentigs.

There is a problem with the focus since since K-meleon 74. If I remember correctly, Dorian couldn't find the fix or where was the problem.

Sometimes is worst, and the textarea elements and other input fields don't show the cursor. The fix is what you just did. Change the focus to other window, or hide, and back.

"Normal".

Posted by: siria
Date: March 15, 2015 12:04AM

JohnHell
Sometimes is worst, and the textarea elements and other input fields don't show the cursor. The fix is what you just did. Change the focus to other window, or hide, and back

Dorian had mentioned awhile back to just click outside the input field once, which is faster than toggling windows. Works for me in KM1.6, but cannot test in 75.

Rodocops prob with opening a specific exe-file and the stubborn system overriding it sounds exactly like the kind of Vista-crap that makes that machine unusable for me, and why I try to avoid "installing" anything if possible!
So I didn't install 75RC either now, only tried unzipping it, but sadly that doesn't work to start the browser. The usual folders I could move together, but no idea what to do with a few exotic ones.
So now could only check a few files without starting the browser:

Am glad to discover the privbuttons finally have a menu on them! smiling smiley
(just a pity the privbar is now hidden by default in all skins)

In beta3 the commands Edit>Config>Toolbars+MenuIcons produced Not-Found-errors, because the default-skin folder doesn't contain them.
Can find no change in RC (without installation), could anyone check if they work now, with default skin?

And the toolbars.cfg still says at the bottom "text based toolbar if no pics". Not true anymore with the new system? If got it right that's now when starting button names with "!", and pics are defined now in skin.cfg (but can be mixed systems now?)

The skin.cfg still contains
"@&Bookmarks", "&F&avorites", "H&otlist"
Shouldn't that be @ on all 3, in theory?

Date: March 15, 2015 01:15AM

JamesD
Perhaps I did not understand, but I don't think this happens on my system.

I have RC installed with profile in folder. I have 75 update 3 with the "-new" in a shortcut. Using the shortcut to update 3 opens update 3. I do have full path in shortcut. Is it possible without full path?

I'm running different KMs or from Total Commander launch buttons (functional likes of Windows shortcuts with full path) or from command line 'k-meleon.exe -new' in current folder.
Both ways were broken after installing RC - to my surprise...

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 15, 2015 08:02AM

siria
In beta3 the commands Edit>Config>Toolbars+MenuIcons produced Not-Found-errors, because the default-skin folder doesn't contain them.
Can find no change in RC (without installation), could anyone check if they work now, with default skin?
No, for the default skin they can't be found since the paths have changed. For the Klassic skin (or other old style skins) they get found.

siria
(but can be mixed systems now?)

As far as I can see, yes. I mean you can either use the old or the new.
Mixing them up for the same skin probably can't work.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 15, 2015 08:51AM

Hi,

It seems that transparency is better under Linux. All the icons aren't ok, but the privavy bar is now ok on some icons, and bad with the others.

I'll have a look to the privacy toolbar.
I'll upload soon some french translation updates.

[Edit]

I have seen that the privacy is now different from before, and the buttons used are in skins\shared.
I haven't found the reason which makes the display of check.png ok, and the other trash.

What is the program used to generate the icons ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 09:06AM by JujuLand.

Date: March 15, 2015 09:20AM

Another point :

I don't found which is the Kp-multiply key (used to reset zoom).
I supposed it was the * on the numeric pad, but it doesn't work.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: March 15, 2015 10:33AM

ngu
Anyone have the Tab order problem with the new session plugin? For example, if I run Kmeleon with a blank Tab, then I open, let's say, 10 Tabs, the order is Tab1, Tab2, Tab3,...,Tab10. In the session options, I set "open last session at startup". Then I close Kmeleon. When I run Kemelon again, the tab order becomes Tab1,Tab10,Tab9,...,Tab2. It's kind of reversed

Do you open tab "next to the current one" ?

rodocop
When 75RC installed (even in 'fake-portable' mode when keeping Profiles into KM folder) any other instances (other portable builds like b3u3, b3, b2, 74, 74-31 etc. - if with 'default'-named profile) couldn't be run after opening it even with '-new' parameter.
The selected profile can't be loaded. It's already in use or the profile folder is not accessible.
Is it bug or feature?

Working fine for me. Your problem has probably a different cause.

rodocop

It runs the installed one if none is found in the current folder. That's how it's supposed to work.
But I don't know why it's in the 75 installer and not in the 74 one.

JujuLand
What is the program used to generate the icons ?

Inkscape.
check.png is not ok, you have that black border around it.
Try adding boolean kmeleon.display.toolbars_alt and set it to true. Check if transparency works better, but some icons will become invisible.

siria
Am glad to discover the privbuttons finally have a menu on them! smiling smiley
(just a pity the privbar is now hidden by default in all skins)

How many time did you say that? :p
I hate this toolbar. I deleted my history by mistake not long ago. A confirmation box would be welcome.

siria
And the toolbars.cfg still says at the bottom "text based toolbar if no pics". Not true anymore with the new system? If got it right that's now when starting button names with "!", and pics are defined now in skin.cfg (but can be mixed systems now?)

I don't even know =)

siria
The skin.cfg still contains
"@&Bookmarks", "&F&avorites", "H&otlist"
Shouldn't that be @ on all 3, in theory?

True

desga2
rodocop
(we still miss 'Search button' tab in Preferences->Finding websites).

The "Search button" tab isn't showed in Prefs panel because it's commented in XUL code.

Even when not commented, it's still not visible.
And french and russian translations are missing.

rodocop
Also bookmarks bug still here.

I'm out of idea. I've even tried with a japanese windows grinning smiley
Do you know exactly since which version it happens?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 11:00AM by Dorian.

Date: March 15, 2015 11:04AM

Dorian,
thank you. I think it was my local problem.

One more bug found: image animation loop mode 'once' doesn't work. Tried to change both in Preferences and in about:config. No luck. KM ignores pref. No matter 'once' or 'never' set - it loops GIFs infinitely.
(And pages with number of GIF-animations lead to extremely high CPU load.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 11:07AM by rodocop.

Date: March 15, 2015 11:05AM

Dorian
Inkscape.
check.png is not ok, you have that black border around it.
Try adding boolean kmeleon.display.toolbars_alt and set it to true. Check if transparency works better, but some icons will become invisible.

This pref don't improve the display of icons, and makes the privacy bar button hidden, except check.

I have opened mainbar16 with inkscape, and don't know the transparency mode you choose. Documentation gives 5 modes:
Alpha repaint, Light eraser, Light eraser negative, Monochrome transparency and Saturation map.

I suppose you have used Alpha repaint ?

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 02:17PM by JujuLand.

Date: March 15, 2015 11:32AM

JujuLand,
I've resaved tools.png for testing in Linux.

Try it please and report any changes in transparency display if they appear.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 15, 2015 11:43AM

Dorian
I hate this toolbar. I deleted my history by mistake not long ago. A confirmation box would be welcome

Absolutely!
LOL! And who can add that? :cool: grinning smiley

But interesting, so you don't really hate the privbar itself (I've been suspecting you hate it all those years, what a pity), but you hate the CLEAR-commands without warning! But this is not the privbars fault at all, it's just your own choice of default-settings. Which I hate too, for exactly the same reason. The first thing I always do is hiding the clear buttons except one, because of that missing warning. And besides, 1 clear button with something more harmless like clearing-cache is enough as default, and the other clear-options are easily accessible on the right-click menu. Saves a lot of space too.

And fixing that prob would be most easy only for YOU, being the master of default-settings :cool: Perhaps still easy enough for macrowriters, but that wouldn't help normal users with their out-of-box settings.

Please, this is important, and you can still fix that prob rather easily! Certainly a lot easier than hunting down mysterious new gecko bugs. Why not simply:
By default hide all clear buttons in toolbars.cfg except the cache, and on all clear-buttons add this default menu: &Clear Data
And in main.kmm add a confirmation to macro "kPrivacy_ClearAll"

For the other clear-variations it's more complicated:
by far best would be to add confirmations in the kplugin itself, which would fix all menus and buttons at once. Probably not very difficult for you?
Second best, write a few little clear-macros for main.kmm, which simply contain a confirmation and calling the plugin afterwards. Then replacing the commands in toolbars.cfg. But am afraid that would entail a lot more detail work, to fix also menus.cfg, menuicons, menulines, skins.cfg, etc., and all older skins would still have no warning on the buttons.

But even if only the toolbars.cfg gets changed, that would already help a lot.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: March 15, 2015 01:32PM

siria
Please, this is important, and you can still fix that prob rather easily! Certainly a lot easier than hunting down mysterious new gecko bugs. Why not simply:
By default hide all clear buttons in toolbars.cfg except the cache, and on all clear-buttons add this default menu: &Clear Data
And in main.kmm add a confirmation to macro "kPrivacy_ClearAll"

I like it too. This would make k-meleon unique out-of-the-box smiling smiley

soccerfan

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.