Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 1.5a1
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 30, 2007 06:11PM

Last version of my Bugger for K-Meleon:
Bugger v.0.2

+ Added kill functions.
+ Added number of tabs to open.

- If you like test open tabs, you must remember uncheck 'Confirm closing multi-layered windows' option in Advanced Preferences (Layered windows).
- I'm sorry 'Stop' button not work very fine, please use click over Bugger's systray icon to pause test or select Exit option to emergency stop test.

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2007 06:17PM by desga2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caktus
Date: November 30, 2007 06:34PM

dpcdpc11
use AdBlock Plus

Thanks. Seems to work great.

guenter
1.) Rename a 1.1's or 1.1.3's K-Meleon.exe.
2.) Copy the renamed exe into Your 1.5 foldet.
3.) Start it to configure 1.5.

And use the 1.5 K-Meleon.exe for surfing smiling smiley

Thanks. Sounds interesting. I'll check that out too.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: November 30, 2007 06:49PM

When I Save a web page as HTML or HTML Complete I get an Address Not Found error

Saving pages for off-line viewing is very important to me as I have time-limited Internet access. And I am trying to learn to use KM 1.5 effectively as it renders pages so very fast. Can someone please help me over-come this problem, so I can Save web pages for off-line viewing?

Thanks.

Charlie

Date: November 30, 2007 07:55PM

Charlie
When I Save a web page as HTML or HTML Complete I get an Address Not Found error

Saving pages for off-line viewing is very important to me as I have time-limited Internet access. And I am trying to learn to use KM 1.5 effectively as it renders pages so very fast. Can someone please help me over-come this problem, so I can Save web pages for off-line viewing?

While messing with:
guenter
1.) Rename a 1.1's or 1.1.3's K-Meleon.exe.
2.) Copy the renamed exe into Your 1.5 foldet.
3.) Start it to configure 1.5.

And use the 1.5 K-Meleon.exe for surfing smiling smiley
I did the same with K-MeleonCCFME0.08Beta2 placing a copy of K-MeleonCCFME0.08Beta2 in 1.5a1's folder. Now when I click on a saved web page, it opens in K-MeleonCCFME0.08Beta2 browser even though the page was saved with 1.5a1. I'm still playing around with it, but it appears that when I attempt to use a feature that is not available or working in 1.5a1, it opens in the browser that performs the desired feature. But appearantly only without the Loader.exe loaded.

Charlie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2007 09:48PM by caktus.

Date: December 01, 2007 05:27PM

It seems that each day when I first start the computer and begin surfing often the first few times I access pages from any site that I had accessed the day before it sometimes takes 30-60 seconds for the page to load. Usually the Status bar will indicate Waiting, trasfering data, waiting, etc. etc. etc. etc......... Eventually the Status bar will say Ready but the Throbber indicates that the page is still loading. It seems that these pages should remain at least in disk cache. I have plenty of memory and disc cache and History is set to 9 days. This seems to occur to some degree with all KM browsers I've used.

Is there a way to keep some frequently visited pages in Memory or Disk cache so they will load faster the first time?

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: December 03, 2007 12:26PM

the problem that u have happened to me when i was usig an slow internet connection some time ago... the web pages just time out or something...
it's not a good idea to rely on the disk cache for the pages that u last visited to load faster cuz mainly the pages get an update pretty often...
if you have plenty of RAM... i recommend u to set the disk cache to 0 and the memory cache to a value that u like... that way u get a save browsing experience and a fast one if u have a fast broadband interent connection.

Date: December 03, 2007 03:24PM

Thank you dpcdpc11 for the info. smiling smiley

Charlie

Date: December 04, 2007 11:35PM

Is the a way to create a Desktop shortcut to about:congif?

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: Gennargentu
Date: December 05, 2007 11:34AM

caktus
Is the a way to create a Desktop shortcut to about:congif?

Thanks.

right click on desktop -> new -> shortcut -> "C:\your kmeleon path\k-meleon.exe" about:config

Posted by: burnway
Date: December 05, 2007 03:31PM

Greetings to all! I address to developers!
Will add please support mht and that in one window all references opened and that at opening of new references new windows did not emerge instead of the old.

Date: December 05, 2007 05:53PM

Gennargentu
right click on desktop..........

Thank you. I had been forgetting to use the quotes and was beginning to think it may not be possible.

Thanks. smiling smiley

Charlie

Posted by: sergio
Date: December 07, 2007 04:08PM

Greetings!

When we will see K-Meleon alpha build based on Gecko 1.9 Engine?

Thanks.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 08, 2007 01:32AM

@ sergio

Here is some information about Gecko 1.9 http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,75310

Posted by: D555
Date: December 13, 2007 03:08PM

K-Meleon on Gecko 1.9 ..it would be the rocket !!!

Posted by: NN
Date: December 14, 2007 11:40AM

What I need from K-Meleon:

1. Look at Maxthon2 browser, It is very simple and usable. K-Meleon should be like him ! Because it is faster !
2. Features missing: Super Drag and Drop. Scroll in tabs. Close button on each tab. Search in the command line (Look Maxthon2). Search bar (Google etc.). Menu in the title (Why waste place for menu. Look Maxthon2). Ad blocker (Look Maxthon2). More key bindings by default.
3. No need: Themes (No need for theme. Native is the fastest smiling smiley )

Thanx !!!

Posted by: Fred
Date: December 14, 2007 03:21PM

The decisive difference is the fact, that K-Meleon
can be adapted to the needs of its users by macros.
You can write your own macros for whatever you want.
Try to do that in Maxthon 2 or Opera.
You could do it in Firefox or Seamonkey, but only with
extensions.
Writing an extension is much more difficult.
The difference in speed, if there should be any,
is minimal, and can be neglected.

Fred

Date: December 14, 2007 09:19PM

NN

1. Look at Maxthon2 browser, It is very simple and usable. K-Meleon should be like him ! Because it is faster !
2. Features missing: Super Drag and Drop. Scroll in tabs. Close button on each tab. Search in the command line (Look Maxthon2). Search bar (Google etc.). Menu in the title (Why waste place for menu. Look Maxthon2). Ad blocker (Look Maxthon2). More key bindings by default.
3. No need: Themes (No need for theme. Native is the fastest smiling smiley )

Thanx !!!

1. KM is pretty simple and usable... check 1.5a1
2. close on each tab?? what for dude, when you can close tabs by midlle click? dont need a search bar... the address bar is the search bar... try to write something in the address bar and just hit ENTER... a search bar is totaly obsolete and space consuming; ad blocker... dude.. have you ever heard of adblock plus? the greatest ad block plugin ever... and quess what?! it's available for KM too link here
3. just use the default skin.

Posted by: D555
Date: December 14, 2007 11:06PM

Is anybody knows how make KM1.5a1 portable ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 12:53AM by D555.

Date: December 14, 2007 11:45PM

dpcdpc11
write something in the address bar and just hit ENTER

Been using 1.5a1 myself, and love it. But I was not aware that the URL bar could be used to search by pressing Enter. I can type a search query in the URL bar and click on the Search button or press Ctrl+G. However, when I type something in the URL bar and press Enter to search I get "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded."

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: December 15, 2007 04:30AM

@D555

D555
Is anybody knows how make KM1.5a1 portable ?

The KM1.5ax versions (what ever update you use, update 1 or update 2, or Build21) can be made portable in the same way as the most recent previous versions. See here at Douglas' site or here at Jujuland for the methodology.

As KM1.5ax has some F2 preference setting issues (it is an alpha, after all) you must set the cache to -0- by using about:config. Otherwise, history can be set to -0- with F2 preferences and clean-up can be done via Tools > Privacy > Clear Data > Clear Data Automatically ...

KM1.5ax works extremely well as a Pocket version.

Posted by: Anthony Foglia
Date: December 15, 2007 05:55PM

How do you get 1.5 to even run? I downloaded and extracted the three files, all into the same directory so the updates would take. I double clicked the K-meleon.exe in that directory and got... K-meleon 1.1.2.

Then I decided to move the K-meleon 1.1.2 directory into the trash. Now when I run k-meleon.exe, ZoneAlarm says it's a changed program, which is good. But it's been 10 minutes and it's done nothing but hog all the CPU, it hasn't even opened a window.

There is a no profile.ini because (a) I don't know where to copy it from (there's none in either the k-meleon 1.1.2 directory, not in the "Application Data/k-meleon" directory, and (b) if it's supposed to be merely empty, shouldn't the program create it on its own?

Posted by: playdayz
Date: December 15, 2007 06:09PM

I would guess perhaps that you had the loader running??? It is loader.exe to give faster startup times, but if it is running it will do what you saw in the first instance--it will run its own version no matter which k-meleon.exe that you click--so if it is the 1.1.2 loader that is running it will run 1.1.2 even if you click 1.5a. In the second instance perhaps the loader was still running but since there was no 1.1.2 there were big problems. You could start Task Manager with CTRL-ALT-Delete and choose to stop the loader.exe process; then Restore the 1.1.2 directory and see what you've got. Luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 06:10PM by playdayz.

Posted by: Anthony Foglia
Date: December 15, 2007 10:22PM

Nope. I don't believe I was. I don't want to, and there's no loader.exe in my Task Manager process list.

I did try again with an empty profile.ini file. This time it made a Profiles directory, but still hogged all the CPU for nothing. And I tried it with my anti-virus program off as well, on the off-chance that was the problem.

Date: December 16, 2007 12:24AM

caktus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> write something in the address bar and just hit
> ENTER
>
> Been using 1.5a1 myself, and love it. But I was
> not aware that the URL bar could be used to search
> by pressing Enter. I can type a search query in
> the URL bar and click on the Search button or
> press Ctrl+G. However, when I type something in
> the URL bar and press Enter to search I get "The
> URL is not valid and cannot be loaded."

here's a screenshot that should help you:
http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07500/untitled.JPG

i can't be more clear than this!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2007 12:24AM by dpcdpc11.

Date: December 16, 2007 12:53AM

dpcdpc11
i can't be more clear than this!!

It wasn't in view and I hadn't realized there was even a scroll bar. I could kick myself somewhere.

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: December 16, 2007 11:14AM

@dpcdpc11

I can't help you but what is the k-meleon theme you're using in the jpg.picture. I like it a lot but don't know its name and therefore can't search for it.

I would be thankful if you could give me the name.

Thx,

Mala Okeh

Date: December 16, 2007 11:35AM

Mala Okeh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @dpcdpc11
>
> I can't help you but what is the k-meleon theme
> you're using in the jpg.picture. I like it a lot
> but don't know its name and therefore can't search
> for it.
>
> I would be thankful if you could give me the
> name.
>
> Thx,
>
> Mala Okeh

here is the theme bro:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,76380
i like it alot too!!

off topic: is it just me or this forum is acting weird lately[no proper link display, no pic or thumbnail display...] hope someone can fix this soon!

Re: K-Meleon 1.5a1 Cache.
Date: December 20, 2007 09:54PM

I am curious about km's cache and the User manual seems to have very little information about it. At Profiles > Default > CACHE I have CACHE1,2 and 3 as well as CACHE MAP AND 72 Files with names such as 0B88D75Bd01 totaling 5 and 1/2 MB. I can read some of the contents but about 99% of it could me Martian for all I know. Are these files of actual entire web pages (vs. IE which creates and individual file for each image, etc) that I have visited? If so, shouldn't pages I have previously visited load fast even when a browser session has just begun, i.e. the browser was just openned? Usually the first time I visit a page durring an new browser session it usually takes about 30-60 seconds to load, even though I visit the page very often. I have History and History plugin enabled. Clear Cache, Cookies, History and MRU interger is set to 0. Sessions CleanShutdown is False.

Also, do I need to be concerned about readable sensitive information/pages being cached? I keep the password manager unselected.

In browser configuration disk cache is set at 32,768. Would this setting be measured in kb, KB, MB or GB?

Cache Memory is set at 4096. I guess this is default. Also, is this measured in kb, KB, MB or GB? There is only 256BM of memory (RAM) installed on the machine.

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: Arrow
Date: December 21, 2007 11:59PM

NN

2. Features missing: Super Drag and Drop. Scroll in tabs. Close button on each tab.

Hao's ccf versions of K-meleon have "super drag & drop"
they also enable tabs to be closed with a single mouse right click
which for me is the neatest easiest way to close them

Besides - on the internet explorer platform I much prefer TheWorld Browser 2,0 to Maxthon 2.0 grinning smiley

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 04, 2008 09:50AM

Would it be possible to have two possibilities, for example with Alt, Ctrl or Shift key, of deplacing, and not duplicating an existant tab in tab toolbar.

Actually, deplacing is not possible. But I also think that duplicating a tab is usefull too.

I want the two :-)

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.