Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 1.5a1
Posted by: Anthony Foglia
Date: January 05, 2008 05:41PM

I still can't get 1.5 to run.

I've tried a blank profile.ini file, I've tried setting it to with path=Profile and isrelative=1, also with path=C:\Documents and Settings\afoglia\Application Data\K-Meleon and isrelative=0. K-Meleon just pops up a window asking if I want to restart the last (improperly closed) session, and I say no. Nothing seems to matter.

K-Meleon just takes all the CPU it can for a solid 5 minutes before I get fed up and force quit it.

Is there a build or a flag that prints debug info to a log file or the terminal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 05, 2008 06:44PM

profile.ini blank is sufficient. Location: ./K-Meleon/profile.ini

CPU at 99% often indicates a broken skin.
No use to wait any longer than normal - it either starts in the normal time or not at all.

If You think it is a broken skin; Delete ./K-Meleon/Profiles/
(backup data such as bookmarks unless You want to loose them) that way K-Meleon starts with default skin. Else install a known good skin. Delete all other skins (really only the one used now - if You know which ) and then change to the new skin. You will need 2 restarts.

p.s. Do not use the loader.exe for test installs!

Posted by: caktus
Date: January 05, 2008 11:35PM

Anthony Foglia
asking if I want to restart the last (improperly closed) session....K-Meleon just takes all the CPU it can

I've had this appen to me on occasion with Preferences set to use tabs. It always seems to clear up after selecting OK to restart to last session then close each tab before closing the browser.

Having too many instances of KM running seems to eat up resources very fast. Openning the Task Manager, selecting all running instances of KM including the the Loader.exe then ending Task or simply restarting the computer sometimes seems to clear this up. I've also experiened this problem when multiple KM's are installed in the same directory. A while back I had several versions of KM installed and had to keep each installed in a separate directory as well as make sure that only on instance of KM was running a one time. I've also had the same problem while multiple Loder.exe's were running at once but only one Loader.exe icon was in the Task bar. But in msconfig > Startup there was actually more than one Loder.exe selected.

Sometimes an install of KM as with most any application can become corrupt and have to be reinstalled. I've found that reinstalling right on top of the old installation will usually keep settings and files intact.

Hope this is of some help.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2008 11:39PM by caktus.

Posted by: reyad
Date: January 07, 2008 12:18AM

i use k-meleon for long time this version vgood but i have sum bugs like these cmd not work:

- open as URL
- web search
- Translate from
- adv references
- new tabe by double click

i use xp and K-Meleon 1.1 (2007-05-22) profile

Posted by: jeffen
Date: January 12, 2008 02:55PM

1.5a_b22,find bar (ctrl+f) close button is invisible

Posted by: Francisco
Date: January 16, 2008 01:10PM

There is a time provided to leave a version table of k-meleon?

And a version with the latest version of Gecko?

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 16, 2008 06:10PM

Francisco
There is a time provided to leave a version table of k-meleon?
In download section you can find the official release K-Meleon 1.1.3 with Gecko 1.8.1.10.
Francisco
And a version with the latest version of Gecko?
In this thread, you can find an unofficial KM 1.1.3 Gecko 1.8.1.12pre update:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,76504

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2008 06:18PM by desga2.

Date: January 17, 2008 10:54AM

I just uploaded a development build for Adblock Plus that supports K-Meleon 1.5: http://adblockplus.org/development-builds/more-robust-k-meleon-support

Unfortunately, that build crashes K-Meleon 1.1, I am still investigating this issue. However, in K-Meleon 1.5a1 everything seems to work fine. I hope you guys will try it out - I changed a lot and there might be bugs that I didn't notice. Installation instructions are still the same as outlined on http://adblockplus.org/en/kmeleon#installation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2008 10:56AM by Wladimir Palant.

Date: January 17, 2008 12:00PM

desga3, thanks but obviously I am not referring to the versions you mentioned...

i was referring to version 1.5 of K-Meleon and version 1.9 of the Gecko

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 17, 2008 12:24PM

Humm ...

Desga2 has been promoted :-)

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: kko
Date: January 17, 2008 01:15PM

reyad
i use k-meleon for long time this version vgood but i have sum bugs like these cmd not work:

- open as URL
- web search
- Translate from

Hit F2 and set "Typed URLs" and "Selected Text" to open in new tabs (km 1.5 doesn't provide layers).

reyad
- adv references

What's that?

reyad
- new tabe by double click

Will be fixed in 1.5a2.

reyad
i use xp and K-Meleon 1.1 (2007-05-22) profile

Exactly. That's the price you have to pay when you are using development builds with an old profile, although it was recommended to create a new one...

Posted by: kko
Date: January 17, 2008 01:25PM

Francisco
desga3, thanks but obviously I am not referring to the versions you mentioned...

Obviously, other people can only read what you have written, they cannot read your thoughts...

Francisco

Km 1.5 is built on Gecko 1.8.1, which is the latest stable version of Gecko and which will still be the latest stable version of Gecko when km 1.5 final is released... (at least, that's our schedule)

Preparations for Gecko 1.9 are in progress.

Posted by: desga-3
Date: January 17, 2008 01:37PM

smiling smiley
Francisco

Oviamente, mi amigo Francisco, mi respuesta es correcta a tu pregunta, pero tu pregunta no es ni concreta ni acertada. tongue sticking out smiley

A tu corrección te puedo decir que no esperes nada antes de finales de este año 2008. Aunque es posible que haya alguna versión beta o estable de la versión 1.5 con Gecko 1.8.1.X pero no antes del verano.

Aunque todo esto son previsiones personales no hay, de momento, ninguna notificación ni previsión oficial al respecto.

Date: January 17, 2008 01:48PM

thanks kko and desga4!

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: January 20, 2008 10:54AM

@Wladimir Palant

Thx for the new adblockplus. As far as my experiences go it works well with 1.5a, its updates and build 21 but - for some reason or other - not with build 22 of 4 January. Am I the only one to experience problems with this combination of the new adblockplus and the build22?

Mala Okeh

Posted by: foobarly
Date: January 30, 2008 02:27PM

Pardon me for being dumb, but where does one finds KM 1.5a builds 21 & 22?

Are those the same as the updates on the first post of current thread?

Edit: I've checked & it seems the answer to the last question is negative...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2008 02:51PM by foobarly.

Date: January 30, 2008 05:49PM

Dear foobarly,

You can find the two builds here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleon15.

Mala Okeh

Posted by: foobarly
Date: January 31, 2008 11:36AM

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 31, 2008 09:00PM

Hi Guys,

Just started trying build 22. Still doesn't handle URLs passed from ext. apps correctly when KM is set to open with a session. If the browser is set to open everything in tabs "tabs only" so to speak, URLs passed from external applications will still open in a new window when the browser is set to start with a session.

Also found a new bug that wasn't in the previous build I had which was the original 1.5a. A URL must be loaded first before bookmark groups will open. Opening a bookmark group from the URL bar when it's at "about:blank" results with only one of the pages of the bookmark group loading. kmeleon.general.opengroup is set to ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_TAB|ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB. I'm on XP Home. That's all for now.

Thanks for the work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2008 09:11PM by jsnj.

Date: February 12, 2008 07:48PM

I found see a bug (regression) in 1.5a1 skins support:
When you use 'findcold.bmp' and 'findhot.bmp' files in skins lost close cross in Find bar (Ctrl+F, left bottom square).
When you use only text mode find bar close cross (X) is showed.

This not happend in 1.1.X versions.

- EDITED:

Ok, sorry this is known and fixed in 1.5a2 (build 23), but;

Could add Dorian this horrific close button (X) as an included bitmap in 'findcold.bmp' and 'findhot.bmp' files to change with a beatiful close icon?

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2008 07:58PM by desga2.

Date: February 12, 2008 08:08PM

@desga2

Where can I find K-Meleon 1.5a2 (build 23), please?

Thx,

Mala Okeh

Date: February 12, 2008 08:24PM

You can't find it. tongue sticking out smiley
K-Meleon 1.5a2 (build 23) isn't available for betatesters yet.

(Coders and developers are working very hard to here) smiling smiley

Wait a litle to this will be releassed.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: February 13, 2008 03:09AM

kko
Km 1.5 is built on Gecko 1.8.1, which is the latest stable version of Gecko and which will still be the latest stable version of Gecko when km 1.5 final is released... (at least, that's our schedule)

Preparations for Gecko 1.9 are in progress.

so when will KM 1.5 reach beta (as in b1 or something close to it)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 03:20AM by noel-pg2.

Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: February 13, 2008 03:19AM

Wladimir Palant
I just uploaded a development build for Adblock Plus that supports K-Meleon 1.5: http://adblockplus.org/development-builds/more-robust-k-meleon-support

Unfortunately, that build crashes K-Meleon 1.1, I am still investigating this issue. However, in K-Meleon 1.5a1 everything seems to work fine. I hope you guys will try it out - I changed a lot and there might be bugs that I didn't notice. Installation instructions are still the same as outlined on http://adblockplus.org/en/kmeleon#installation.

well the latest Devbuild of Adblock Plus I got (2008011801) worked okay for Kmeleon 1.5 and Kmeleon 1.1.4. Too bad the same Adblock Plus (2008011801) Devbuild made for Firefox/Flock/Seamonkey browsers would not install under the just released Firefox 3.0 beta 3 browser as I've tested myself.

Pages: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.