K-Meleon 1.5a1
Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 13, 2007 07:28PM

The first alpha version for kmeleon 1.5

Changelog:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/findbug.php?target%5B%5D=15&submit=Search

K-Meleon 1.5a1 specific bugs:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/findbug.php?version%5B%5D=15&status%5B%5D=1&status%5B%5D=2&status%5B%5D=3&submit=Search

Notes:
- User of W9x/Me have to replace k-meleon.exe with k-meleonW9x.exe
- The pref panel is currently incomplete.
- Bugs should be posted in the bug tracker but I've also made the usual wiki page.

Make sure to use a new profile or to backup your old one.
Download

Update 2 (include Update 1)

Fix mainly toolbar, menu commands and macros (problem with the id macro function). K-Meleon1.5a1update2.7z and extract it in your K-Meleon installation directory.

Update 1

Download K-Meleon1.5a1update1.7z and extract it in your K-Meleon installation directory. This will repair the broken controls in the Preferences panel (Tabbed Browsing and Mouse Gestures).

I'm afraid that k-meleon development will be even slower from now on. Unfortunately, life rarely allow you to do whatever you want.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 08:36AM by Dorian.

Re: K-Meleon 1.5a1
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 13, 2007 10:53PM

Great Work !!!

Ultra simple to test. New folder - extract 7z - include a profile.ini file and we are off to the races.

I don't know if this is bug or not. In EDIT PREFERENCES BROWSING TABBED BROWSING, I do not have "Enable tabbed browsing" checked. Tabbed browsing is running. The new window icon from 1.1.2 is replaced by new tab icon. There are also next previous and close tab icons.

I did not use the layers before but I may just use the tabs. Not sure I like giving up more screen real estate for the tabs bar. Does tabs use less resources than more windows?

I'll say again. Let's have a big hand of applause for the devs.

Date: October 13, 2007 11:51PM

Have there been changes to how macros are read? I have tried two macros which work in 1.1.2 but fail in 1.5a. FavRenAdd and PgLdSound both do not work in 1.5a. Some errors may be poor coding on my part but they both work in 1.1.2.

Date: October 14, 2007 01:48AM

Seems that I cannot start KM 1.1.2 if KM 1.5a is running. I have 1.1.2 in C:\program files\k-meleon and 1.5a in C:\program files\KM_15a. If I have 1.5a running and click on the shortcut to 1.1.2 then another window with 1.5a appears. If I close both windows and then click on the shortcut to 1.1.2 then I get that version. Both versions have their profiles within their own folders. I have repeated the situation several times to make sure.

If I need to make these reports a different way, please tell me exactly what to do.

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: October 14, 2007 02:10AM

JamesD
Great Work !!!
I couldn't agree more.
Bravo!

Date: October 14, 2007 02:19AM

I am not sure it this is KM problem or the website. See this thread http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,75087
My 1.5a seems always to come up about 80% of screen. I have the size to be as closed checked. I think notes said preferences was not finished.

Date: October 14, 2007 07:07AM

JamesD
Does tabs use less resources than more windows?

Yes.

JamesD
Have there been changes to how macros are read? I have tried two macros which work in 1.1.2 but fail in 1.5a. FavRenAdd and PgLdSound both do not work in 1.5a. Some errors may be poor coding on my part but they both work in 1.1.2.

Yes. The plugin macro is more strict now at parsing, especially regarding semicolon, and the syntax was extented. We'll update the doc asap.

I tried to stay compatible as much as possible with 1.1. You can report any problem you think the plugin is at fault.

JamesD
Seems that I cannot start KM 1.1.2 if KM 1.5a is running. I have 1.1.2 in C:\program files\k-meleon and 1.5a in C:\program files\KM_15a. If I have 1.5a running and click on the shortcut to 1.1.2 then another window with 1.5a appears.

You have to use the '-new' switch on the command line to launch more than one instance of kmeleon.

Posted by: erica
Date: October 14, 2007 07:19AM

Excellent!

Deep emotion
Date: October 14, 2007 08:24AM

Dear all friends,
I am impressed by the power that all of you shared some other time.
Including people making macro, you are Wizards.
I am sorry that my English is low.
regard,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 08:24AM by erica.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: October 14, 2007 11:25AM

Excellent speed. Could it be that a lot of extensions such as NoScript, Adblockplus etc. are not yet working?

Thx for the reply.

Mala Okeh

Date: October 14, 2007 11:57AM

Hi,
I develop a file.
you just move the file which unfolded in a directory of the installation future.
And, from a folder of the installation future, please set it up.
Thus I succeeded somehow.

Posted by: Supplement
Date: October 14, 2007 12:13PM

Hi,
It is upper capture.
In the case of an XP,Please knock on the file of the browser directly.
Thereafter, you may go well when you install it with a setup file.

Posted by: leveck
Date: October 14, 2007 02:21PM

I cannot get favorites to appear on my menu bar and I cannot get a toolbar . I noticed in about:config that favorites were enabled to be loaded. but in preferences I saw that nothing was shown under plugins category,

Have these things just not been implemented yet?

Date: October 14, 2007 05:51PM

@ leveck

I have the favorites menu working. I am using the Klassic skin and to install, I just made a new folder for KM 1.5a, extracted to that folder, and made a file called "profile.ini" in that folder. I think I went to prefrences and put a check for the IE Favorites and restarted. I am using XP fully updated. Note that the box for the checkmark is right at the top of the window when you are in Preferences - Plugins - IE Favorites.

Date: October 14, 2007 07:00PM

This is the error screen that I got when starting KM 1.5a with Snippet macro loading.

C:\Program Files\km_15a\….\macros\snippet.kmm at line 14: ) expected but found &.
C:\Program Files\km_15a\….\macros\snippet.kmm at line 14: ; expected but found &.
C:\Program Files\km_15a\….\macros\snippet.kmm at line 14: ; expected but found ,.
C:\Program Files\km_15a\….\macros\snippet.kmm at line 14: Invalid statement.

Line 14
setmenu(F&avorites,macro,"Snippet Test",_Snippet_RunCode,3);

I also get two (2) of these alerts.

Wrong number of arguments – expected 2, found 1.
setmenu()

I am not sure what I need to change here. I think I have the five parameters called for and separated by commas within a pair of parens. There is, perhaps, a change to the setmenu statement?

setmenu(<menuName>,<itemType>[,<itemName>[,<command>]][,<location>]);

Thank you James
Posted by: leveck
Date: October 14, 2007 07:17PM

Once I added the "profile.ini" folder, all was well.

Posted by: ra
Date: October 14, 2007 07:53PM

1.5a1 works well, noticed the following things 'til now:

* There are disabled entries for tabbed browsing in the right click context menu on links. Why are they there at all in non-tabs mode? :-)

* Home-button only reloads the page instead of going to my personal homepage

* Locked menu buttons are misaligned (buttons move to the left and leave space on the right, looks ugly compared to versions < 1.5)

* Preferences-wise tabs have to be activated before they can be deactivated

* Some macros are broken

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: October 14, 2007 08:08PM

@JamesD

Line 14
setmenu(F&avorites,macro,"Snippet Test",_Snippet_RunCode,3);

correct it to :

setmenu("F&avorites",macro,"Snippet Test",_Snippet_RunCode,3);

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 08:08PM by JujuLand.

Date: October 14, 2007 08:46PM

Thanks Jujuland,

That has fixed items in two of my macros. The quotes did not seem to be required in 1.1.2. Much more strict on things now. I just have to figure out what I let slide before and correct it. From the number of error messages that I am getting, a lot of lines have missing or incorrect code.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 14, 2007 10:36PM

@Dorian - Thank You and K-Meleon development under Your aegide is & was very fast.
I can live with slower change smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 10:37PM by guenter.

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: October 15, 2007 02:39AM

Mala Okeh
Excellent speed. Could it be that a lot of extensions such as NoScript, Adblockplus etc. are not yet working?

Thx for the reply.

Mala Okeh

AdBlock Plus from Wladimir's site works with 1.5a; no issues.

Posted by: steve
Date: October 15, 2007 09:33AM

on a fresh vista64 box

"this application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

<ok>

Date: October 15, 2007 09:44AM

downloaded that DLL from some site, and put it in windows/system32... same error for kmeleon

put it in the k-meleon 1.5a directory and , k-meleon.exe no longer gave me an error, but also didnt seem to do anything... no instance of k-meleon results visually or in task mgr.

Date: October 15, 2007 02:34PM

This code works in 1.1.2 but does not in 1.5a1.

$_FavRenAdd_Path = "C:\\program files" ;
$_FavRenAdd_Profile_Path = "C:\\program files\\KM15a1" ;
$_fcmd = "1234567890" ;

setclipboard($_FavRenAdd_Path. \n .$_FavRenAdd_Profile_Path .\n. length($_fcmd) );

error message says Invalid expression. \n .$_FavRenAdd_Profile_P
) expected but found ;.

If I replace the \n with " " it will work, but that line in clipboard is very hard to read because in actual use the strings are very long. I need the newline to make the output readable.

Date: October 15, 2007 03:33PM

Replace \n with "\n" winking smiley

Date: October 15, 2007 03:43PM

Dear all KM User friends,
It is not words of Mr.Gunter,Because it is still α, it is natural that there is an unpopulated part.The rest is necessary.
Take whether you do not take it easy a little by the siesta.
I am sorry that I cannot help it.
Regard,

Date: October 15, 2007 04:25PM

Thanks Dorian,

Seems like I am always overlooking the obvious. Hope I can get the rest of the errors on my own.

Posted by: kko
Date: October 15, 2007 04:35PM

steve
downloaded that DLL from some site, and put it in windows/system32... same error for kmeleon

put it in the k-meleon 1.5a directory and , k-meleon.exe no longer gave me an error, but also didnt seem to do anything... no instance of k-meleon results visually or in task mgr.

You also need msvcp71.dll.

Posted by: kko
Date: October 15, 2007 04:54PM

Update

1) Download K-Meleon1.5a1update1.7z and extract it in your K-Meleon installation directory. This will repair the broken controls in the Preferences panel (Tabbed Browsing and Mouse Gestures).

2) Delete \defaults\settings\gestures.xml in your K-Meleon installation directory. This file shouldn't be there.

Further Notes

1) Flashblock and CSS Ad-Blocking can now be enabled/disabled on the fly (without a restart - you just have to reload pages). Currently, the file \defaults\settings\adblock.css in the installation directory is used for ad-blocking.

2) Groups support was removed in favor of sessions support. You can still open folder nicks (bookmarks/hotlist) through Shift+Enter. If possible, I'll write a macro to automatically convert existing groups into sessions.

3) Documentation of the new macro language features is available here (incomplete).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 03:52PM by kko.

Date: October 15, 2007 06:05PM

i also downloaded msvcp71.dll
and put it in the k-meleon 1.5a1 directory

same thing, execute k-meleon.exe and nothing happens,, no errors or nothing

this is a fresh install of vista64 with all windows updates.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.