K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-Meleon 1.5a2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 13, 2008 08:35AM

K-meleon 1.5 alpha 2 using Gecko 1.8.1.12

Changelog since 1.1.x:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/findbug.php?summary=&description=&status%5B%5D=4&target%5B%5D=15&target%5B%5D=16&creator=&daterange=&moddays=&submit=Search

Discussion:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleon15

Notes:
- Unpacking in older kmeleon installation is not safe
- User of W9x/Me have to replace k-meleon.exe with k-meleonW9x.exe
- The pref panel is currently incomplete.
- Bugs should be posted in the bug tracker or in the discussion page.

Some new prefs:
kmeleon.tabs.bottomBar
kmeleon.tabs.fixedBar
kmeleon.tabs.useLoadingIcon

New special menus:
@TabList
@WindowList

Make sure to use a new profile or to backup your old one.
Download

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2008 07:43AM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.5a2
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: February 13, 2008 09:56AM

Great to see the new alpha out. Those new pres are very useful.

Regards,

Hao

Posted by: kko
Date: February 13, 2008 10:59AM

Giving Feedback

You can post your comments here in this thread too. I'm actively reading it and I will transfer anything important to the K-Meleon 1.5 Development page in our Wiki. Please check out this page before posting bug reports here - your bug might already be listed there.

Further Notes

1) If you want to use Mouse Gestures, please first go into the installation directory and delete the file \defaults\settings\gestures.xml.

2) Flashblock and CSS Ad-Blocking can be enabled/disabled on the fly (without a restart - you just have to reload pages). Currently, the file \defaults\settings\adblock.css in the installation directory is used for ad-blocking and Edit > Configuration > Ad-Blocking StyleSheet is looking for the file in a different location. This will be resolved later.

3) Groups support was removed in favor of sessions support. Shift+Enter in the url bar is now used to start a web search (default engine). To open folder nicks (bookmarks/hotlist) pressing Enter is sufficient. If possible, I'll write a macro to automatically convert existing groups into sessions.

4) Documentation of the new macro language features is available here (incomplete).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 08:00PM by kko.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: February 13, 2008 07:47PM

Yes, many thanks (and for the new 1.1.4 too).

Posted by: Terry
Date: February 14, 2008 12:56AM

The preference enhancements in this build are really very nice. Especially love the favicons in the bookmarks now. Actually, I really liked build 22, but build 23 makes things much easier to use. The way proxies are now handled are superlative. The speed is excellent.

I have one suggestion - and it is purely cosmetic. Would it be possible to move the Menu bar from being a tool bar and attach the menu on the top line, lets say next to where the minimize, resize window and close buttons are? It is not a big thing just allows for more room for the other toolbars now that the tab bar is fixed.

Dorian, the 1.5 series builds have been very stable; this one is especially speedy in addition to its stability. Thank you for all your hard work. kko thanks for the enhancements.

Date: February 14, 2008 03:48PM

Terry
Would it be possible to move the Menu bar from being a tool bar and attach the menu on the top line, lets say next to where the minimize, resize window and close buttons are?

I don't know whether it's possible but it would be uncommon - the title bar is an OS element, it's always the same in all applications. Did you know that we've a compact menu? All default toolbars include a disabled button to call the main menu. You just need to enable this button and then hide the menu bar...

Open Edit > Configuration > Toolbars. In the "&Main Bar" you should find something like that:

# Options{
# ID_PREFERENCES|Compact Menu
# View Preferences. Right-click to view Compact Menu.
# mainbarhot.bmp[10]
# mainbarcold.bmp[10]
# mainbarcold.bmp[10]
# }

Remove the hash # signs, save your changes and restart km. The menu bar can be hidden in Preferences under Toolbars.

Posted by: Terry
Date: February 14, 2008 07:33PM

Thanks kko. Yes, I knew about the compact menu. I saw this configuration in TheWorld Browser and thought that it was a nice economical way of positioning the Menu out of the way on a line that Windows ordinarily uses as nothing but a border. Anyway, kko and Dorian, thank you for the effort. It says a lot that you consider this to be an alpha edition when it is so complete by anyone else's standard.

Posted by: ra
Date: February 15, 2008 11:50PM

Bookmark/hotlist nicks are broken once again: In windows only mode one single bookmark, I think the last one, opens, and that's it. Any chance for a hot fix or is there a possible tweak for my configuration?

Re: K-Meleon 1.5a2 - titlebar efficiency
Posted by: splerb
Date: February 16, 2008 02:10AM

maxthon 2 does something like that, by eliminating windows titlebar, then adding maxthon's own titlebar.

Re: K-Meleon 1.5a2 - titlebar efficiency
Date: February 16, 2008 12:17PM

@ra: Just enable/disable tabs in Preferences. That should fix it.

Another possibility is enabling the 'compat' macro module and restarting km.

Posted by: Harry
Date: February 16, 2008 02:29PM

What's the idea of supergluing the newtab/closetab/nexttab/lasttab buttons to the right-hand end of the tab bar? Why can't I choose where to have them, as before? These are some of the most commonly-used buttons and it's really disruptive to have them hijacked. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Date: February 16, 2008 02:58PM

@Harry: Open Edit > Configuration > Browser Configuration and set kmeleon.tabs.fixedBar to false.

Posted by: Harry
Date: February 16, 2008 03:30PM

Many thanks. I see you can also get a new tab by double-clicking on an empty bit the tab bar. One other very little thing: In the sessions options dialog the drop-down for deleting unwanted sessions shows only only line of text. The tiny scrollbar does work to show the others, but it would be better to see all the available sessions at once. This has probably been noticed but I thought it was best to mention it.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 16, 2008 08:39PM

@kko

Some little problems with SetDefault:

It seems you use 1.3.1.2 SetDefault version. Translation is not correct with it.
I have (with K-Meleon) a SetDefault version 1.3.1.4 which works correctly.

The only thing is (and it's the reason why it doens't work correctly) that I suppose you have tried to make the displayed K-Meleon version in phase with the reality.

Can you send me your modifications, to see what is wrong?
Why having taken 1.3.1.2 as base, and not 1.3.1.4?

Some little problems with kmprefs:

I have finished french locale for kmprefs and I have updated kmeleon.kml (I'm not sure having cleared all which is needed, but it's ok).

Just a little problem with kmprefs in proxy page (New configuration):
would it be possible to put the sample on the same line not to have to scroll to have the end of the page ?

Another problem, but I dont know the reason, in File Type page (By Type), I have some extensions which are twice in the list:
MP3, MPEG, ASX, WaV, 3GP

The only common point is the fact that system default is Winamp, and the default value for K-Meleon is VLC plugin.

[edit]
Seems due to vlc plugin. Same problem with Firefox. When looking to plugoins.dat, we can see that MP3 for example is referenced for mpeg and x-mpeg.
[/edit]

Last problem, but I think that the xml file is not up to date, the mouse gestures launching tab functions doesn't works. For example: ID_TAB_NEXT (Unknown or Invalid)

Last point I ought to have in kmprefs:
the setting for the spellChecker. I haven't done macros for changing the default dictionary folder because it would be better to do it in kmprefs.

Last thing: would it be possible to check if kmprefs isn't already opened before opening a new instance?

@Dorian,

A little bug with Tab bar: Title when set is neved displayed, and this bar can't be moved in another place. Perhaps due to kmprefs which is not finished.

When translating kmprefs, I remember now having seen that this bar could also been put at the bottom of the wondow (like Opera). I perhaps have dream smiling smiley

I have again a problem with the default size when starting K-Meleon. Never opens with last mode when closed.

It's a clear install in a new folder.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 02:06PM by JujuLand.

Date: February 17, 2008 11:27AM

@kko,

The opening size bug was always in the previous beta version.
When checking "Ask at startup" in Profile setting box, the bug disappear (with all the different versions).

Another bug which is probably linked with the previous one: The Window title bar when opening is empty. To restore the title, we must change the window mode, or minimized and restore the window.

Last bug with sessions.dll. When translating the session (with dll) the title is displayed with encoding error. It looks like an UTF-8 string displayed in Windows-1252 mode or ISO8259-1 mode.

The prefs saved in prefs.js are curious. The name isn't the same for all the prefs:
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions.cleanShutdown", false);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Dernière session.count", 1);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Dernière session.window0", "19 ...");
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Dernière session.window0.count", 1);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Dernière session.window0.tab0", "4	...");
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Session précédente.count", 1);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Session précédente.window0", "3 ...");
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Session précédente.window0.count", 1);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Session précédente.window0.tab0", "1 ...");
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.list", "Session précédente,");

If I correct the name in the list pref, I then have two line in session sub-menu.
The one with the good name, and the one with the bad name.

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.list", "Session précédente,Session précédente,");

'Session précédente' doesn't restore the previous session.
'Session précédente' restore the previous session.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 11:35AM by JujuLand.

Date: February 17, 2008 02:27PM

JujuLand
Some little problems with SetDefault:

It seems you use 1.3.1.2 SetDefault version. ...

:p Mon Dieu, this is an alpha release! Better do something useful and find us a solution for Windows Vista. grinning smiley

JujuLand
Just a little problem with kmprefs in proxy page (New configuration):
would it be possible to put the sample on the same line not to have to scroll to have the end of the page ?

Adjust the size of the window (pref.dtd > prefDialog.style).

JujuLand
Another problem, but I dont know the reason, in File Type page (By Type), I have some extensions which are twice in the list:
MP3, MPEG, ASX, WaV, 3GP

A file extension can be associated with several MIME types. (The related column is hidden by default.)

JujuLand
Last problem, but I think that the xml file is not up to date, the mouse gestures launching tab functions doesn't works. For example: ID_TAB_NEXT (Unknown or Invalid)

kko
Further Notes

1) If you want to use Mouse Gestures, please first go into the installation directory and delete the file \defaults\settings\gestures.xml.

Not big enough for you? grinning smiley

JujuLand
Last point I ought to have in kmprefs:
the setting for the spellChecker. I haven't done macros for changing the default dictionary folder because it would be better to do it in kmprefs.

Write a macro for now. I'd like to avoid adding code for unofficial plugins to the official code base.

JujuLand
Last thing: would it be possible to check if kmprefs isn't already opened before opening a new instance?

Not in macros.

JujuLand
A little bug with Tab bar: Title when set is neved displayed, and this bar can't be moved in another place.

The new tab bar has several display bugs - see the Wiki. (The title thing is new, I'll check that.)

JujuLand
I have again a problem with the default size when starting K-Meleon. Never opens with last mode when closed.

The opening size bug was always in the previous beta version.
When checking "Ask at startup" in Profile setting box, the bug disappear (with all the different versions).

Report that to the BTS. (It never worked correctly for me.)

JujuLand
Another bug which is probably linked with the previous one: The Window title bar when opening is empty. To restore the title, we must change the window mode, or minimized and restore the window.

Steps to reproduce? (I've not experienced this yet.)

JujuLand
Last bug with sessions.dll. When translating the session (with dll) the title is displayed with encoding error. It looks like an UTF-8 string displayed in Windows-1252 mode or ISO8259-1 mode. ...

Yea, the sessions plugin is still preliminary. Please file a bug report in the BTS.

Date: February 17, 2008 03:24PM

Mon Dieu, this is an alpha release!

Hum, I know it, but if you systematicly answer like this, I suppose you won't have any report.
Send me your modified version ...

Better do something useful and find us a solution for Windows Vista.

I'll try to do it, but I haven't any computer under Vista to test it.

Not big enough for you?

I'm about to be operate of one eye for the cataract. That's probably why I haven't seen it ...
When I say I'm old smiling smiley

Write a macro for now. I'd like to avoid adding code for unofficial plugins to the official code base.

ok, I'll do it. But it think spellcheck ought to be an official plugin (like searchbar).

Report that to the BTS. (It never worked correctly for me.)

Bug 966 (2007-12-20) updated.

The title thing is new
Step to reproduce

Bug 981

As said:
- open K-Meleon (no title)
- Reduce the window
- Restore the window (title is here now)
or
- open K-Meleon (always in window mode - bug 966)
- Double-click on the window bar (maximized)
- Double-click again (window mode with title)

Yea, the sessions plugin is still preliminary. Please file a bug report in the BTS.

Bug 982

A+

Date: February 17, 2008 07:10PM

@kko: thanks, enabling/disabling tabs fixed the bookmark nicks. Now, if all the bugs I reported to the wiki were as easily fixed... tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 17, 2008 09:21PM

@Dorian,

A curious bug, not important

When updating kmeleon.dll, I have modified String block 3876 from

STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_FRENCH, SUBLANG_FRENCH
{
62000, "1.1.0.3"
62001, "en-US"
}

to

STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_FRENCH, SUBLANG_FRENCH
{
62000, "1.5.0.0"
62001, "fr-FR"
}

No more use of kmeleon.kml

In fact the string which is determinant is 62000, if modified, no more translation.

Funny, no ?

A+

Date: February 17, 2008 11:06PM

JujuLand
Send me your modified version ...

What modified version? As you can see the file was last modified (i.e. compiled) on May 16, 2007. The application displays K-Meleon 1.1 Setup Assistant. So, what the hell should I have modified?

JujuLand
Bug 966 (2007-12-20) updated.

Please add that 'Ask at Startup' is related to the profile manager. How should Dorian understand that otherwise?

JujuLand
Bug 981

As said:
- open K-Meleon (no title)
- Reduce the window
- Restore the window (title is here now)
or
- open K-Meleon (always in window mode - bug 966)
- Double-click on the window bar (maximized)
- Double-click again (window mode with title)

That doesn't help me. As I've said, I've not experienced this yet. I cannot reproduce what you describe...

Date: February 18, 2008 06:49AM

@kko,

In fact you probably havne't modified the SetDefault version, but taken an old version with 1.5a2.

The SetDefault version with 1.1.4 is 1.3.1.4 and works correctly with 1.5.a2 and displays 'Assistant de Configuration pour K-Meleon 1.1.4' (in french) when used with Km 1.1.4, when building it with KmPackager for 1.5.a2, it indicates 1.5.a2.

The messages are correctly displayed instead of with SetDefault 1.3.1.2

For bug 981, what can I add more?
The title isn't here when starting K-Meleon, and appears when I make these actions.
I can't say more ...

A+

Posted by: salta
Date: February 21, 2008 12:24PM

Hola. Perdonad que os escriba en español pero es que no domino el ingles. Cuando me descargo el archivo e intento abrirlo me da el error de que el archivo esta dañado o tiene un formato desconocido.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: February 21, 2008 12:59PM

Tienes que descomprimirlo usando el programa adecuado, ya que está comprimido en .7Z

Puedes usar el programa oficial 7-ZIP o, mejor aun, usar el IZARC, que es un super-descompresor gratuito que puede con todo (si vas a usar el IZARC desinstala antes cualquier otro compresor que hayas instalado como el Win RAR o el Win ZIP).

Posted by: Fred
Date: February 21, 2008 01:01PM

El archivo de K-Meleon 1.5a2 es del tipo 7z.
Para abrirlo, el programa 7-zip es necesario.
Descargar aquí:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
o aqui :
http://www.download.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

Posted by: Fred
Date: February 21, 2008 01:06PM

Se escribió casi en el mismo tiempo.
Saludos

Fred

Date: February 21, 2008 08:12PM

Quel talent ce Fred, il cause dans toutes les langues avec une facilité ...

A+

Posted by: salta
Date: February 21, 2008 09:52PM

Muchas gracias a los 2 por la aclaracion.

Date: February 21, 2008 10:59PM

K-M doesn't open a new window anymore when I click another time on the shortcut to start the exe, like it did previously. Has this already been reported?

Posted by: desga_2
Date: February 25, 2008 09:49PM

@ ra:
What you really like do, multiple KM windows opened?
Go to preferences, Browsing and unmark "Use only tabs".

Modify your KM shortcut to use parameter -new to forzed a new KM instance.

Posted by: gvgerman
Date: February 26, 2008 03:44PM

I have been away for some time and have returned to find 1.5a2 !

Thank you, Dorian and kko - and everyone else, for that matter - for the effort and great results. This is really looking fantastic.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.