K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: K-Meleon 1.5Beta2
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 02, 2008 10:25PM

hi Cartaphilus,

I still use Win 32 hardware.

An Amilo with 2 GB RAM is a slow hachney coach with Vista and a racing car with XP grinning smiley

Thx for reading, coments to my post & greetings to Japan from Germany

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mfenech
Date: July 05, 2008 08:32PM

I installed 1.5B2 last night. I have a small issue, probably an options setting, but I can't find it: If I have KM open but minimized, and I open a link from another application or from my Favorites in my Start Menu, the website loads but KM stays minimized. How can I get KM to restore? Thanks.

Posted by: c@tjr
Date: July 15, 2008 11:44PM

Why does K-Meleon new version has been dropped Windows 98 versions install? It is right an organic (100% or doesn't: please clear the mind if the support is restrict). The new Gecko 1.9 rendering system was built on a simple C++ language that allows perfectly all 32-bit x86 Windows versions. As a real opensource GPL organic, this decision MUST be revised during this beta stage. I agree that most of worlwide operating Windows PC's are almost 90% a NT-Core (like XP and Windows 2000), but some mid-range PC (such as 0,3 to 1,2 GHz with 64mb ram) are still lowered in its performance by a simple OS upgrade from 98 to 2000 or XP.

Sincerely, was Microsoft enforce K-Meleon to prohibit newer Gecko 1.9 rendering system from running under Windows 98? Almost improves by starting Gecko source (that not means Firefox 3, or maybe?) are passive to be recompiled to be used in kernel environment system (Kernel32.dll without patches) by using C++ and continue to proven a soft and remarkable web browsing with a safety and smoother running that K-Meleon was offer...

By the way, the same thing applies to 64-bit versions for use in 64-bit Windows (2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista and Server 2008), or the Gecko 1.9 does not allow a recompilation under C++ for 64-bit Windows versions...

A real GPL software if it is 32-bit (a kernel32.dll dependencies) must provide this real runtime environment, that means not restricted to 2k, XP and aboves. Then, keep on mind, Windows 7 WILL NOT BE A XP REMAKE and it will require top speedfull CPU such as a mid-ram pattern (until 3Gb RAM for 32-bit). Then minwin resource (Windows 7 memory new RAM improvement) will act by the same thing as "ReadyBoost" for USB, but minwin will not require USB FLASH MEMORIES... Then, a though that Windows 7 will be fastest than Vista will not be!

I have no plans to upgrade a OS version only to cut performance environments and only for install new 32-bit based software that enforce the kernel32.dll within ntvdm and ntldr. If K-Meleon is THAT REALLY DIFFERENT, please show us why!!!

Sincerely, c@tjr

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 16, 2008 12:22AM

@ c@tjr:

Read this thread about your concern.

Almost 1.5 version works sure in win9X versions.

Problem there aren't in C++ source compilation but in Windows9X old librarys and kernel that not support unicode and other advanced functions.

Read more info about:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=401271&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=105
http://www.msfn.org/board/Future-versions-of-Firefox-on-Windows-98-t72957.html

And this link to update your windows98/ME kernel librarys.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2008 12:37AM by desga2.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.