Re: Orbit Grab++
Posted by: Matt
Date: January 17, 2010 01:28PM

Great job, jsnj smiling smiley.
Would it be possible to make left click the button also close Grab++?

By default Grab++ supports Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Chrome, IE, Maxton and Avant. But you can easily make Grab monitor K-Meleon by choosing Action > Preferences > Monitoring > Custom and locate k-meleon.exe.
Last year I asked in Orbit forum about including K-M in browser monitoring list but got no reply; apparently the Orbit devs don't bother :mad:.

Posted by: panzer
Date: January 17, 2010 04:00PM

I installed it. Is this all? I can not find grab.exe. Where does it supposed to be?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 17, 2010 04:07PM

you have to download and install orbit downloader first. the grab.exe will be in the orbit installation folder

i don't think you need the download link for orbit grinning smiley

p.s remeber after installing orbit, you must open grab.exe and open its preferences and select custom and browse to k-meleon.exe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 04:08PM by disrupted.

Date: January 17, 2010 04:16PM

Yup, i figured that myself but i had to ask to clarify things. But I have portable Km. Is it good to install it on USB or this ain't gonna work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 04:17PM by panzer.

Date: January 17, 2010 04:41PM

well..i don't know if grab finds orbit's path from the registry or from it's own path.

if it finds orbitdownloader from the registry you will need to install orbit on local drive but if it just finds it from the folder then it shouldn't be a problem installing orbit in usb along side of kmeleon..but when the usb assigned letter changes on different computers etc you will need to relocate grab.exe using the toolbar button

you will need to test.. install orbit on usb..and change usb letter by reassigning in windows manager or by using a different usb port..if grab works normally and sends the link to the downloader that means it finds it from the same folder and does not need registry

Date: January 17, 2010 04:48PM

Thanx. I am not admin so I can't. But I will install it home and then we will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 04:49PM by panzer.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 17, 2010 06:09PM

Matt
Would it be possible to make left click the button also close Grab++?

I was site searching the Orbit Downloader site to see if it supported command lines. Didn't find anything. Just to check I tried adding "-close", "-exit", and "-quit" to no avail. I wanted to provide an "Exit Grab++ when K-Meleon exits" option. Perhaps an autoit method is available, but I don't know autoit code.

Date: January 17, 2010 06:20PM

Thanks Matt & disrupted for clarifying what I should have in the first place smiling smiley
I've added a note in the first post to future downloaders.

Date: January 17, 2010 07:31PM

i added the autoit update:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/orbitgrab.7z

button click launches and terminates grab(if grab process exists)
onquit grab is closed(if it's running)

listed under network

Orbit Grab++ (Download Videos & Music etc...)
Date: January 17, 2010 09:58PM

Addon/Extension for K-Meleon v1.1 & 1.5

DOWNLOAD & INSTALL (Setup File) Restart K-M after installing.

Orbit Downloader's Grab++ can monitor a webpage(Youtube, Myspace etc..) in K-Meleon and detect embedded media files to download. Left-Click the toolbar/button to open the Grab++ window. Right-Click the button to display the option to automatically start Grab++ when K-Meleon starts(Also available via Tools). After installation, you'll be prompted to locate the Grab.exe file when you first click the button.

NOTE: You must first download and install Orbit Downloader before using this extension. After installation, open the Grab++ window. Click Action - Preferences - Monitoring - Custom. Then browse to K-Meleon. Grab.exe will be located in your Orbit Downloader directory.

Enjoy! smiling smiley

COMMENTS/QUESTIONS welcomed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 09:59PM by jsnj.

Attachments: K-M(X)_OrbitGrab_1.0.2.zip (247.4 KB)   orbitgrab102.png (3.3 KB)  
Date: January 17, 2010 10:00PM

disrupted
i added the autoit update:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/orbitgrab.7z

button click launches and terminates grab(if grab process exists)
onquit grab is closed(if it's running)

listed under network

Thanks disrupted. Updated the extension again to fix the following:

Included the option to use the button to close Grab++ if open. When closing or minimizing the Grab++ window from the window itself, it sends Grab++ to the system tray. So it's easy to forget that it's actually open when clicking the button to open it, especially if the taskbar is autohidden. What I like about the button is that even if Grab++ is open the button will bring it into focus even if it's in the sytem tray.

Separated the button from the "Start Grab++" menu macro. That way, clicking "Start Grab++" won't close it if the "use button to close" option is selected.

Removed the grablaunch.exe reference from startup. If the user leaves Grab++ open for whatever reason, starting K-meleon won't close it if the "start/exit w/KM" option is selected.

Top post download link & screenshot updated.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 17, 2010 10:06PM

An Orbit Extension already existed originally created by Alain (year 2007?) and next updated by me (ended of the year 2008).

What's the difference with this new Orbit extension?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 10:18PM by desga2.

Date: January 17, 2010 10:24PM

desga2
An Orbit Extension already existed originally created by Alain (year 2007?) and next updated by me (ended of the year 2008).

What's the difference with this new Orbit extension?

If I remember correctly, that extension only worked on links. So you'd have to know what the video or song was before seeing it. This extension automates opening the Grab++ window directly so all media is detected when viewed. From the Grab++ window, the user can download the media having just seen it. If the other extension provides that functionality, let me know. When I tried awhile back it didn't appear to. It just downloaded links I think.

***I just tried it again. Once the path is set, you can go to "Download With" and send the media within the page to Grab++. So it does offer a more integrated solution than the Grab++ window button alone. That thread was buried though. You should move it to the extensions forum smiling smiley I hadn't seen it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 10:51PM by jsnj.

Posted by: slayer
Date: January 17, 2010 11:35PM

Where is the "Download with" option? I can't find it.
BTW I can not get this to work, I'm doing something wrong I think. So lets suppose that you want to download from goear.com, you go there and search for a song of your liking. Click the grab++ button, then select the song and a flash player will appear (I have flash blocked). The song start playing, everything is fine and cool, nice music... The grab++ window is empty?
My steps:
I have Orbit installed
I installed this extension
KM reboot
KM is running, and a new button is on the toolbar
Select the grab Exe, and set KM Exe in the "Custom".
Another reboot just in case

Thanks for your help smiling smiley

Date: January 17, 2010 11:44PM

slayer
Where is the "Download with" option? I can't find it.
BTW I can not get this to work, I'm doing something wrong I think. So lets suppose that you want to download from goear.com, you go there and search for a song of your liking. Click the grab++ button, then select the song and a flash player will appear (I have flash blocked). The song start playing, everything is fine and cool, nice music... The grab++ window is empty?
My steps:
I have Orbit installed
I installed this extension
KM reboot
KM is running, and a new button is on the toolbar
Select the grab Exe, and set KM Exe in the "Custom".
Another reboot just in case

Thanks for your help smiling smiley

The "download with" context menu option is with desga2's updated orbit downloader extension integration into KM. Refer to his link in his post. As far as why nothing is appearing in your Grab++ window, I'm not sure. It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I went to goear.com and tested it w/the Black-Eyed Peas song and it was detected. You can try emptying your cache first then reloading the page.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 11:55PM by jsnj.

Date: January 18, 2010 07:08PM

disrupted
i added the autoit update

I cleared cache, tried Ctrl+Shift+R and I still get the first version without autoit update. It never happend to me before...

Posted by: slayer
Date: January 18, 2010 07:56PM

@jsnj
No luck, is not working to me sad smiley
I've reinstalled Orbit. I think everything is right. BTW I have the "Orbit Downloader" extension too, could that interfere? I have the file nporbit.dll in my plugins folder. And what is that sniffer thing, in the Grab++ window it says "please start sniffer BEFORE..."

Date: January 18, 2010 09:05PM

Matt
disrupted
i added the autoit update

I cleared cache, tried Ctrl+Shift+R and I still get the first version without autoit update. It never happend to me before...

Open the OrbitGrab.kmm macro and check the top for Orbit Grab v1.0.2 to make sure you have the latest version from the top post link.

Date: January 18, 2010 09:17PM

slayer
@jsnj
No luck, is not working to me sad smiley
I've reinstalled Orbit. I think everything is right. BTW I have the "Orbit Downloader" extension too, could that interfere? I have the file nporbit.dll in my plugins folder. And what is that sniffer thing, in the Grab++ window it says "please start sniffer BEFORE..."

I've had the 2 extensions running together w/o problems. My extension just creates a button to open & close the Grab++ window and enables automatically opening & closing the Grab++ window w/KM. Alain & desga's extension enables automatically sending download links to Orbit Downloader and provides the context menu "Download With" option of sending media within the current page to Grab++. If the Grab++ window isn't detecting the media in KM, then the problem is within Grab++. Apart from specifying KM's path in Grab's preferences monitoring, I'm out of suggestions unfortunately. Perhaps desga. alain or disrupted can help. :s

Date: January 19, 2010 05:00PM

jsnj, I didn't realise you updated your link . Now it works exactly as I wish smiling smiley. Thank you both, jsnj & disrupted.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.