how to add Extension to k-meleon please
Posted by: goodman1980
Date: February 05, 2010 01:54PM

please my brothers am new user with this good browser so i have some extension like
torrentdownloader and filesfinder and displayIP what is the way to add it to k-meleon ?
thanks for help

Re: how to add Extension to k-meleon please
Posted by: siria
Date: February 05, 2010 02:09PM

Uhm, simply put the .kmm-file into the macros folder and restart the browser (and loader)? If you don't have a kmm-file yet, only the macro-code, create a new file with notepad, copy the code in it, and save it as .kmm (no .txt at end)

Supposing that you are talking of real K-Meleon extensions here, and the last sound like they're probably just simple kmm-files. If there are more files with a macro, and you have downloaded all in one .7z-file, and don't know that format yet, then use the extensions manager: http://kmext.sourceforge.net/kem.htm

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 05, 2010 02:13PM

You can found a lot of extensions searching on the referenced sites in this thread

If your extensions are for firefox, you can sometimes find extensions which do the same job, sometimes no, but for sure firefox extensions can't be installed under K-Meleon without modifications. Sometimes Firefox extensions can't be adapted for K-Meleon, and won't work.

Hum, it seems these extensions are kext, here is the advantage of KMES :cool:

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 02:15PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: goodman1980
Date: February 05, 2010 02:23PM

thanks soo match for reply but this way is not workink am try to do like my brother siria told my but after add kmm file to macros folder i can see this extensions in browser but its not work when am press on it . and when am download this extensions there is another folder in it kmextensions what can i do with this folder and all files in it . thanks agane for help

Posted by: panzer
Date: February 05, 2010 05:02PM

Unzip all files in Kmeleon.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 06, 2010 01:48AM

For extensions, make the target of your unzip the K-Meleon root folder. That is the one which contains the k-meleon.exe file. That way zipped folders and files will unzip to the correct place. Do a 7z file the same way.

Posted by: Matt
Date: February 06, 2010 12:07PM

goodman1980
after add kmm file to macros folder i can see this extensions in browser but its not work when am press on it

Files Finder needs JavaScript enabled to work; press F7 or Tools > Privacy.

goodman1980
when am download this extensions there is another folder in it kmextensions what can i do with this folder and all files in it . thanks agane for help

kmextensions folder is needed to uninstall extensions using KEM. Install it if you like and visit http://kmext.sourceforge.net/.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.