Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
TS-wincontrols
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 17, 2010 09:31PM

this extension is only for people who don't like the titlebar.
ts-wincontrols removes the titlebar from your kmeleon windows and adds additional buttons: close, maximise/restore, minimise, move) to easily control your km windows

this extension must not be used with titlebartoggler as they will conflict, the titlebartoggler will be removed from kmext and replaced by this one. you should uninstall titlebartoggler if you intend to use ts-wincontrols

to move a window, click on the move button and move your mouse(without clicking) until you are satisfied with the winposition and then leftclick your mouse

ts-wincontrols is for 1.5.4 and above only and will not work withh any previous versions, you can download 1.5.4rc to use it(1.5.4rc is stable release just without locales)

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/TS-wincontrols.7z

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TS-wincontrols
Posted by: desga2
Date: February 17, 2010 10:21PM
Date: February 17, 2010 11:50PM

ok, thanks desga..ts-wincontrols has been updated to use internal UDF (bye bye winchange smiling smiley

please download from same links

Date: February 18, 2010 04:13AM

update to enable toggle of the titlebar
update for the bitmap

access view>title bar

Posted by: Matt
Date: February 18, 2010 09:44PM

disrupted
to move a window, click on the move button and move your mouse(without clicking) until you are satisfied with the winposition and then leftclick your mouse

Hmm... I can't get make this working; minimise, maximise/restore, close are fully functional.

Date: February 19, 2010 12:10AM

try this update:

remeber after clicking the move button, just move your mouse and the window will follow..do not click any buttons after clicking move.. leftclick mouse only when the window has moved to desired location

Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 19, 2010 12:53AM

Move function was also problematic for me initially. It uses ALT SPACE M because it brought up Launchy smiling smiley Launchy's default key combo is ALT SPACE so I had to reconfigure that. Now it works.

Date: February 19, 2010 12:07PM

Same result, after clicking move button and moving mouse the window does not follow and gets minimised. But I only use the other 3 buttons, no biggie.

Date: February 19, 2010 02:39PM
Date: February 19, 2010 02:50PM

ggets minimised is weird, matt could you post a snapshot of your systemmenu..that's the menu that pops up when you right lcick on a tab button in the taskbar

Date: February 19, 2010 10:28PM

My system menu looks as yours without virtual dimension and always on top/transparent.
I've got similar trouble with some sysmenu buttons and mediabar too.
I suppose mayby it conflicts with an OS setting or my K-M installation. Tomorrow I'm gonna test ts on new profile.

Date: February 20, 2010 12:57AM

i understandbut i need to see it because if non-english i want to know where the command lies, what are the command locale names(especially move) and the anchor for the command

you can just type the sequence here:
restore
move
size
maximize
etc

and the anchors
what letters have underline for fast shortcut

Date: February 20, 2010 06:49PM

On a new profile after clicking move and dragging mouse the system menu appears always for just a short moment in left upper corner. This is weird, isn't it?

I tested it on K-M 1.5.3 by mistake. I apologize for that.

sysmenu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2010 09:42PM by Matt.

Date: February 20, 2010 09:49PM

no, that's not weird..that's how the window initiates a move..by selecting the system menu command. it's much easier and less buggy that way than an actual mousehook.

the move button didn' show on 1.5.3 and you were clicking minimise..that's why it needs 1.5.4 to display all 4 buttons. only 1.5.4 and 1.6 support several buttons in same macro created toolband

the last update should work with polish, after clicking the move button..wait for a bit(less than a second) and without clicking any buttons, just move you mouse and the window will follow..then left click to set window in new position... it needs a little bit getting used to at first

Date: February 20, 2010 10:15PM

You did it once again!

grinning smiley

Date: February 21, 2010 08:16AM

gee..thanks! grinning smiley

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: February 21, 2010 11:26PM

Hi, disrupted,

my compliments, you seem to me so utterly quick and prolific. Sadly, I couldn't make it work on mx KM 1.53.

As I have this other feature wish, live toolbar toggling, I reverted to Autohotkey, because there I know how to send keys to the browser. I now have a button working with:

• Leftclick to switch to drag mode, then Rightclick anywhere to drag (- even other windows). Releasing RButton exits the .ahk script, so unlock - luckily it even does not popup the contextMenu on releasing.
  • RClick:
-> Minimize
-> NewWindow
-----
Bars 	 ->toggle Titlebar
	 ->toggle Toolbar
	 ->toggle Statusbar
-----
Win 	->Windows List
	->Close Window
	->Exit KM
	->Restart

The biggest problem this gave me is still unsolved: I couldn't make Autohotkey digest the path strings from KM, so I had to hard-code the paths - going to ask on their forums one of these days.

The code of the .ahk script + 2 references:
note: a word forbidden had to be replaced. MouseY DOES have a horizontal counterpart

; Easy Window Dragging
; by Chris Mallet
; http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=34052
; several forum topics, like:
; ;http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic5017.html&highlight=easy+window+dragging 
; AutoHotkey Version: This script requires Autohotkey v1.0.25+
; Platform:       (requires XP/2k/NT)
; Author:         Chris Malletet al. (?)
;
; Script Function: when running, makes the RButton a DragButton, on release, exits, 
; unlocking dragging.
; Be sure your taskbar can show, be shure to know how to move & resize a 
; window from its taskbar labels system menu.	
; 

#SingleInstance, force

RButton Up::
{
exitapp
}

RButton::
CoordMode, Mouse  		; Switch to screen/absolute coordinates.
MouseGetPos, EWD_MouseStartX, EWD_MouseStartY, EWD_MouseWin
WinGetPos, EWD_OriginalPosX, EWD_OriginalPosY,,, ahk_id %EWD_MouseWin%
WinGet, EWD_WinState, MinMax, ahk_id %EWD_MouseWin% 
if EWD_WinState = 0   		; Only if the window isn't maximized 
    SetTimer, EWD_WatchMouse, 80	 ; Track the mouse every n milliseconds. Ori=  
return				; ginal Value=10. Less=>smoother, but eats CPU time

EWD_WatchMouse:
GetKeyState, EWD_LButtonState, LButton, P
if EWD_LButtonState = D  		; Button has been pressed, so drag is complete.
{
    SetTimer, EWD_WatchMouse, off
  return
}
GetKeyState, EWD_EscapeState, Escape, P
if EWD_EscapeState = D  		; Escape has been pressed, so drag is cancelled.
{
    SetTimer, EWD_WatchMouse, off
    WinMove, ahk_id %EWD_MouseWin%,, %EWD_OriginalPosX%, %EWD_OriginalPosY%
  return
}
; Otherwise, reposition the window to match the change in mouse coordinates
; caused by the user having dragged the mouse:
CoordMode, Mouse
MouseGetPos, EWD_MouseQIX, EWD_MouseY
WinGetPos, EWD_WinX, EWD_WinY,,, ahk_id %EWD_MouseWin%
SetWinDelay, -1   			; Makes the below move faster/smoother.
WinMove, ahk_id %EWD_MouseWin%,, EWD_WinX + EWD_MouseQIX - EWD_MouseStartX, EWD_WinY + EWD_MouseY - 

EWD_MouseStartY
EWD_MouseStartX := EWD_MouseQIX  ; Update for the next timer-call to this subroutine.
EWD_MouseStartY := EWD_MouseY
return

Any help with the path/string problem would be appreciated

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 07:38AM by SoerenB.

Date: February 22, 2010 11:43AM

Well, feeling a bit like an idiot now - there was no need for that elaborate warning in the script's head. It can be started from anywhere and can act upon any draggeable window. Just be sure to not cover up every 'calling item'** by all your draggin'!
But of course (-slap on my forehead!) My wounderful toolbar button is not the only way to call it:
You can put a *Windows Shortcut for it anywhere (desk, startm., QuickLaunch, Rocketdock...)
If you define a Windows Hotkey in that shortcut, you can call it by keys when everything is covered with dragged windows....
.....YOU CAN EVEN add it to any context menu of KM, thus making literally the whole KM-Window a dragging hotspot. (I would suggest the DocumentMenu).

If you manage to not have any spaces in the path to .exe and .ahk, the format for the calling strings is simple: in my case, it is:
"C:\ahks\autohotkey.exe WinDrag.ahk" WITHOUT THE QUOTES! for the WindowsShortcut.
RocketDock was a bit tricky, it wants "C:\ahks\AutoHotkey.exe" as "target" and "WinDrag.ahk" as Arguments NO QUOTES again.

The WinDrag.kmm would require:

#----------WinDrag

WinDrag{
exec("C:\\ahks\\AutoHotkey.exe C:\\ahks\\WinDrag.ahk");
}

Win_Drag_BuildMenu{
setmenu("&View",macro,"DRAGGER",WinDrag);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit.Win_Drag_BuildMenu;";
##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."WinDrag;";

...and the Button action would be invoked by:

%ifplugin macros
macros(WinDrag)
%endif

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: February 22, 2010 02:11PM

ts-wincontrols will not work in 1.5.3 and requires at least 1.5.4, i mentioned that requirement in the first entry post

if you prefer 1.5.3, you can call the ahk script as a compiled binary and call it directly from the macro

download the compiled one from here:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/tests/windrag.exe

paths with spaces has to be contained in double quotes when used in macro, or convert the path to dos 8.3 shortname

Date: February 22, 2010 04:13PM

Hi, disrupted,

you changed something in my script, so windrag.exe keeps waiting for RButton input. That keeps RButton "hijacked" and isn't good for Gestures. On the other hand, your version moves smoother, eating less cpu-time - how did you do it?

Back to those paths,again:
would removing the quotes from

$_tool_path=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\Tools";

remove all quotes from the string issued by the macro to the .ahk script? That might solve the problem.

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: February 22, 2010 09:02PM

update:

this update adds a mousehook which enables dragging the kmeleon window from any position within the window. to activate the mousehook drag, press the caps lock key and left click your mouse..press and hold the mouse left button and drag the window to move. the mousehook does not conflict with the gestures plugin. to my very limited knowledge of mouse gestures it was tested without any conflicts.

see the readme file for more instructions

for 1.5.4 and above only(will not work with 1.5.3 or 1.5.2 or 1.5.1 or 1.1.x but will work on 1.5.4 and future 1.6 only -this version includes wincontrol buttons and move button, you can either move by triggering the mousehook as mentioned above or by clicking the move button

for 1.5.3 only- discludes the wincontol buttons but includes the mousehook and the ability to hidle the titlebar from view>title bar
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/TS-wincontrols-nowinbuttons(1.5.3).7z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 02:35AM by disrupted.

Date: February 23, 2010 04:27AM

update: name change for a certain script that was not nice(mousefuckinghook renamed to tsmousehook)
i feel terrible for that and i;m sorry, the mousehook almost drove me crazy sad smiley

i hope the mousehook works as expected with gestures.. and i take back what i said about no longer supported, please forgive me

download from same links

Date: March 23, 2010 08:12AM

Hi, disrupted,
more than a month later...
Let me just state that I, too, still am sorry, for having made you spend too much unpleasant time with that mousehook. More so, as I upgraded to 1.5.4 about a week later, and have decided since to do ALL the WindowManaging externally with Autohotkey.
But thank you, anyway! smiling smiley

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: March 23, 2010 08:39AM

not at all! it was very educative and helped understand autohotkey better smiling smiley
true it gave me headache but that's because coding with ahk after autoit is very frustrating.. many commands are the same but they have to be coded very differently.

once read in their forums a request that the 2 should join forces and combine in one language especially that one developer works on both projects but that wasn't met with enthusiasm both by the autoit and ahk developers..the autoit mods in particular were quite enraged by that request

due to the many similarities in commands and operators yet the very different execution of both languages, i think it's very hard to master them both without a brain conflict grinning smiley

p.s. all your demands will be available by default in official 1.6, thanks to hao and dorian

Date: March 23, 2010 06:06PM

disrupted, do you know if there's a command or pref or something implemented in 1.6a to enable hiding the tilte bar? I haven't looked into the source or CVS. I'm still using this extension to hide the tilte bar with the mousehook portion commented out since dragging w/the tab bar is now possible in 1.6a.

Date: March 23, 2010 07:07PM

kmeleon.display.WindowTitleBar (set to false)

i don't think it's implemented yet, maybe in the next alpha but more likely in the beta. this pref is effective in hao's lua

Date: March 23, 2010 09:31PM

OK, yes, you're right. Not implemented yet. Will still be using this ext 'til then smiling smiley

Date: May 11, 2010 12:09AM

update(for 1.5.4), using internal commands for wincontrols(movement: mousehook active by pressing caps key +mouse button(any)
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/TS-wincontrols2.7z

for 1.6alpha no mousehook, just the winbuttons till implemented
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/TS-wincontrols16-temp.7z

Posted by: luk3Z
Date: March 08, 2011 05:52PM

disrupted
update(for 1.5.4), using internal commands for wincontrols(movement: mousehook active by pressing caps key +mouse button(any)
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/TS-wincontrols2.7z

for 1.6alpha no mousehook, just the winbuttons till implemented
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/TS-wincontrols16-temp.7z

TS-wincontrols16 working with 1.6b2
This is great smiling smiley

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?10,150634
K-Meleon Quick Reference:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/docs.php
Basilisk/KM/SM xpi converter:
https://www.addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
Best regards.

Posted by: morfana
Date: April 07, 2011 02:21AM

Is there any fixing coming out for Ts-wincontrols 1.6? When it maximises, it still covers desktop included taskbar. No way to see taskbar. :mad:

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.