Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
YouTube Services
Posted by: Matt
Date: March 27, 2010 06:15PM

Download yt videos in multiple formats. This extension is similar to YouTube Extra, however it has one advantage over it: you can download videos in true HD =1080p (if available, of course).

menu entry: Tools > Web Services > YouTube easy downloader

All YouTube related extensions combined, please download from http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext3.htm (search for YouTube Services)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 08:00AM by Matt.

Attachments: yt_easy_downloader.7z (1.2 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: YouTube easy downloader
Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 28, 2010 10:24AM

matt, take a look at this:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/youtube-services.7z

i combined all youtube things in one extension under a new speciality macro 'youtube services', if it's alright; i'll remove all the previous youtube extensions and replace them by this one.. if you prefer the other way(separate under web services) then i'll just add the new youtube macros like before

Date: March 28, 2010 06:48PM

disrupted, it's ok now, even better than before. I like your combined extension and the new speciality macro. You should credit yourself too; you made yt downloader.
I promise no more yt stuff anymore grinning smiley winking smiley

Date: April 04, 2010 08:10PM

YouTube screwed lately not only the design; they apparently changed the code that breaks all available yt related extensions. Well, not all of them smiling smiley. MP3 converter & downloader work fine and KeepVid fixed its service so KeepVid macro works again.

Youtubian author promises to release a new version soon. I don't know about a keephd fix but IMO both could be present in the combined macro by disrupted for now.
I found another nice service that let you save videos in various formats and mp3 too!

I attache the updated macro with the new entry Tools > Youtube Services > Grab video/audio.

Attachments: youtube-services_v1.1.7z (1.9 KB)  
Date: April 05, 2010 06:51PM

Important update v1.3.
I commented out youtubevid - which makes youtube completely unusable - youtubian and keephd in youtubers.kmm. Use grab video/audio instead as I mentioned above or grab KeepVid macro.

I had to change the js code in youtube downloader. Now it works - version 1.3.

PS Could a mod delete attached v1.2? Thanks.

[Alain]
Sorry, we haven't access to the attached pieces, just to the text. But you can rewrite your message and just add the 1.3 version. I'll delete then the old message
[/Alain]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 08:08PM by JujuLand.

Attachments: youtube-services_v1.2.7z (1.9 KB)   youtube-services_v1.3.7z (2 KB)  
Posted by: senna
Date: April 06, 2010 03:52PM

ty dude!

Date: April 06, 2010 07:12PM

thank you matt, updated kmext.. it seems yahoo is again trying to block js from downloading videos but updated youtube services s working fine

Posted by: sickley
Date: June 03, 2010 06:35AM

Is it just me or does the new version no longer work? Options are grayed out for me sad smiley

EDITconfused smileyeems to be a UA problem.....gah i hate youtube's new coding

EDIT 2: Looks like i was wrong. I've been able to reproduce how to get the extension to work properly and it requires 1st going to a user's channel and then clicking the link to the video's page, but that only affects that specific video. Maybe a cache or cookies problem? I'll fiddle around some more...

EDIT 3: Disabled all css stylesheets, cleared cache, and blocked cookies. Still same exact results. Any ideas, or is there actually need for a new version of the extension?

EDIT 4: Well it looks like an issue with the url? Using a "pure url" ( e.i. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOo85SydYZI) seems to consistently work where as anything else (clicking from suggested videos for instance) will cause the extension not to notice it properly

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2010 07:52AM by sickley.

Date: June 03, 2010 07:58AM

guessing this is the the root of the problem
tubecheck{
substr($URLBAR,0,29)=="http://www.youtube.com/watch?"?&youtubevid:0;
}
from the youtubers.kmm

Date: June 03, 2010 09:58PM

hi sickley, how've you been. the menu is greyed due tothat some of those services require youtube videurl (/watch) and won't work from a user channel..that's probably why you have them greyed out, if the page you're on is like that:
youtube/user/username

the link is greyed then because the service only supports tit when it's from those urls and not from a user channel. however the auto download which automatically injects in the page (yellow iframe at the top) supports user channel links but it wasn't implemented because it over lapped the youtube search buffer and the regular css didn't work.. i've updated it now so user channels will use the iframe downloader without overriding the youtube header so visually it should appear fine.

the disadvantage of the auto injecter is it requires that you must be on the youtube tab and not on a different page, it checks first if the focus tab is the one with the youtube url..this is intentional to avoid a bug in the js service which would keep reloading the page if it was injected on a non-youtube page.
so just make sure the youtube video you want to download is the focused tab until the page has loaded.

the update includes a new command to search for youtubes videos from kmeleon prompt

please download from this link:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/youtube-services_v1.3.7z

Date: June 04, 2010 02:17AM

hey again disrupted! doing well, been having fun with css styles smiling smiley. Nice to see you're still playing a strong part in the k-meleon community!

yeah, i knew that it didn't work on user pages, i was just curious why the header wasn't popping up, the change with the injector seems to be what i was having problems with since video links on youtube like to add on reference codes in the url if you click it from like a related videos, promoted/suggested videos and mucks up the detection.

Date: June 04, 2010 02:28AM

for instance youtube.com/watch#!v=SvHVEADFtg0&playnext_from=TL&videos=z4oGW2lfCyc&feature=grec_index
youtube.com/watch#!v=SvHVEADFtg0&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=SvHVEADFtg0

all same video exact video, but the url's are different depending where you click on the video.

the main difference that seems to be affecting this from what i can tell is the #!v= after /watch rather than the regular ?v=

yeah just tested it and using the same link as the first one but changing the "#!" back into "?" everything works like normal. youtube.com/watch?v=SvHVEADFtg0&playnext_from=TL&videos=z4oGW2lfCyc&feature=grec_index

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 02:35AM by sickley.

Date: June 04, 2010 02:39AM

changing the
tubecheck{
substr($URLBAR,0,29)=="h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?"?&youtubevid:0;
}
line (from youtubers.kmm) into
tubecheck{
substr($URLBAR,0,29)=="h**p://www.youtube.com/watch#!"?&youtubevid:0;
}

makes the "non-pure" url's work but the "pure" url's no longer work. and of course simply adding that line doesn't solve the problem either lol smiling smiley

Date: June 04, 2010 04:07AM

glad you're doing fine and fiddling with km
i didn't know youtube had different urls for watch, that's very easy to fix..by ending the check string at watch and make the character numbers lesser by 1:28 instead of 29
like this
substr($URLBAR,0,28)=="h**p://www.youtube.com/watch"?&youtubevid:0;

thanks for the update sickley.
it has now been fixed to work with both urls and user channel url aswell

please download again form this link
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/sourceforge/k/project/km/kmext/youtube-services_v1.3.7z

Date: June 04, 2010 05:28AM

Fantastic! Your help is greatly appreciated as always disrupted smiling smiley. Wish i knew the macro script language better so I could help out more myself!

Slight problem with the new code, certain url's seem to be redirecting straight to the pwnyoutube service because of the header javascript. I commented it out since i don't really need it anyway, but in case someone else would like it.

youtubevid{
injectCSS("body{margin-top: 30px !important}");
open("javascriptsad smileyfunction(){url='h**p://pwnyoutube.com/download-video.js';document.body.appendChild(document.createElement('script')).src=url;})();");
}

looks like the change in the substring feeds it the wrong url, or the site doesnt know how to handle the (newer) url's?

check it out:
youtube.com/watch#!v=UDWAOPHjAvw&playnext_from=TL&videos=4XSOUeZcLfo&feature=grec_index
redirects to:
deturl.com/www.youtube.com/watch#!v%3DUDWAOPHjAvw&playnext_from%3DTL&videos%3D4XSOUeZcLfo&feature%3Dgrec_index

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 05:29AM by sickley.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 04, 2010 07:39PM

Hi, in pwndownload you can read:

pwn
IMPORTANT NEWS! YouTube has blocked all direct downloading sites!
But, our bookmarklet is working! Its very easy to use. info: what is a bookmarklet.
YouTube MP3 conversion still works. MetaCafe, Vimeo, FunnyOrDie, and many adult websites still work.

To this web service works you must change the JavaScript code tu modify the url from:
deturl.com/www.youtube.com/watch#!v%3DUDWAOPHjAvw&playnext_from%3DTL&videos%3D4XSOUeZcLfo&feature%3Dgrec_index
to:
deturl.com/www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWAOPHjAvw&playnext_from%3DTL&videos%3D4XSOUeZcLfo&feature%3Dgrec_index

But this way is more easy to do with K-Meleon macro:
pwn
How to download from YouTube.com:

1. View a video on YouTube.
2. In the URL location box, type pwn in front of youtube, and enter.
3. Get links to download the video!

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 07:49PM by desga2.

Date: June 09, 2010 09:37AM

It seems to me that possibly the solution to all the problems currently would be a url redirector/fixer (if possible). as far as i can tell there is no difference userside between the "watch?" and the "watch#!" urls, and furthermore everything after the videos url). it only serves serverside use (if at all?). goto any youtube video and replace one with the other ("?" and "#!") to see what i mean.

so if you could set it up to sense a "watch#!" url and redirect/fix it to "watch?" before it does anything else then everything should work peachy.

idk why youtube is using this stupid, pointless, and frankly sloppy coding for it's url's, but it seems to cause problems even embedding videos on some sites using the new "watch#!" url style; and simply overriding this nonsense should give relief to a few headaches smiling smiley

Date: June 09, 2010 06:45PM

ths can be easily fixed in macro bu checking url first for youtube and if it contains #!, it then can replace those characters with ? and reload.. slight disadvantage though in that the page will have to be reloaded again with new url, like refreshing manually.. but i'd wait to see where is yahoo going, mabe that url change is just temporarily or maybe they will no longer allow older url with ? and maybe, hopefully, those youtube services will update themselves to support the new url

sickley, remeber..in km you don't really need those youtube services if you use fla saver.. you don't actually need to download the videos at all, just watch normally and the files(flv or mp4) will be kept in your temp folder and you can easily view them later and save to disk..will need special hexed flash plugin, please see this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,105717

fla saver also works with all websites using flash video and not just youtube..so double score

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 06:46PM by disrupted.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:51AM

Actually i don't have a problem with how things are since i disabled the header. anyone that uses the header however will get redirected whenever they goto a url with #! since the pwnyoutube service can't read the url (currently).

and yeah i just realized that macros load with the page so that wouldn't exactly work efficiently �_�

Posted by: panzer
Date: June 11, 2010 09:04AM

Can a KeepTube extension be made?

Date: June 11, 2010 07:41PM

i think matt made a macro for keepvid before and then they no longer worked so matt removed it from the macro..i'll check their service later .. it's unkosher to do anything other than watch telly during the world cup tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 11, 2010 10:15PM
Date: June 13, 2010 07:13PM

No, no, not KeepVid, but KeepTube:

http://keep-tube.com/

I would use FF extension, but on public comp I use FF is not kinda working properly.

In the last desperate move, I will try FF portable (I have not use Fireshit (copyright by Disrupted) in ages) and one of this two:

http://keep-tube.com/firefox-extension.php

http://keep-tube.com/greasemonkey-plugin.php

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 07:30PM by panzer.

Posted by: disrupt
Date: June 13, 2010 09:01PM

panzer
In the last desperate move, I will try FF portable
we can't allow that
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/youtube-services_v1.4.7z

Date: June 14, 2010 07:29AM

Thanx. I could not use it since download link never appeared (it was endlessly loading). But thank God for deturl. It works there. grinning smiley

I tried to open some Ytb video and was redirected to their page. I was angry and clicked back for a couple of times, but then said to myself that I will try their service. And it worked.

http://deturl.com/

I will delete (blast into oblivion) FF Portable as soon as possible. grinning smiley Without regret, without tears.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 09:48AM by panzer.

Date: June 15, 2010 06:04AM

seems like the dummies at youtube finally fixed the urls back to "?" instead of "#!". yay! grinning smiley

Posted by: duffy2009
Date: June 19, 2010 08:43PM

I have a question about this latest version. I just installed it with KM Ext Manager. I noticed that Grab-Video is no longer included in this newer version. I just used it the other day with the older version of YouTube easy downloader that was still on my computer. Is there a reason that it was dropped from the newer version? I've had pretty good luck using Grab-Video in the past. Seems to be the only program that I could actually get a video download with. I was wondering if it could be put back into this or a newer version? Thanks ...

Date: June 19, 2010 09:13PM

i can't find grab-video in the 1.3 macro, are you sure it's in the same macro and not a separate one? i updated on the original macro by matt..it could be that matt removed it if the service stopped working temporarily.

do you rmember the service address/url or did it open an external program.. matt should know

Posted by: duffy2009
Date: June 19, 2010 11:50PM

Hi disrupted ... The version I have is 1.3.7 and it only has 3 items:

1 ... Grab Video/Audio
2 ... Download mp3
3 ... Convert to mp3

... it was some time ago that I downloaded this version. I just don't exactly remember where I got it, it was the KM Extensions forum, I'm sure. Is there some way I could upload it to you and you could check it out or maybe Matt will be in touch? I downloaded your newer version and I had trouble trying to download a YouTube video as a test ... but Grab Video still works great ... it gives you choices between flash and mp4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 11:53PM by duffy2009.

Date: June 20, 2010 05:29PM

you can attach in post using the attach button or send it to kmeleontesters@yahoo.co.uk

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.