password exporter 1.2 from FireFox?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 19, 2010 04:27AM
Re: password exporter 1.2 from FireFox?
Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 20, 2010 06:31PM

i couldn't link the view passwords button to kmeleon's own password viewer dialog(non-xul) so it was removed
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/pwexporter.7z
tools>privacy>password exporter

tested importing/exporting passwords between different kmeleon versions and between kmeleon and firefox 2.0(1.8) and 3.5(1.9)..successful results

Posted by: senna
Date: April 20, 2010 10:44PM

hahaha, nice post!

Date: April 21, 2010 01:18AM

disrupted
[
i couldn't link the view passwords button to kmeleon's own password viewer dialog(non-xul) so it was removed
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/pwexporter.7z
tools>privacy>password exporter

tested importing/exporting passwords between different kmeleon versions and between kmeleon and firefox 2.0(1.8) and 3.5(1.9)..successful results

disrupted,

I bow down once again. Very sweet indeed!

N

Date: April 21, 2010 05:26PM

no no, i bow to you fro finding this one..it will make things much easier for firefox users crossing over to the dark side

i remeber once a firefox user had so much trouble importing the passwords.. if only we knew about this extension then

p.s it was an easy convert..working right away without modifying any js and extensions converter made everything, manifest and macro. the only thing i tried to do is link the passwords viewer button to kmeleon internal password dialog but because that dialog is built in and not xul preferences, it could only be linked using the k-plugin jsbridge for the id.. the bridge is the one siria mentioned about linking xul to non xul so the bridge js has to be copied from kmeleon's own chrome and added to the passwordexporter.jar and then recoding the the entire xul dialog to read the jsbridge which wasn't worth the trouble especially that the passwords viewer can be easily accessed in kmeleon privacy menu. removing the button was much easier tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 21, 2010 11:44PM

disrupted
no no, i bow to you fro finding this one..it will make things much easier for firefox users crossing over to the dark side

i remeber once a firefox user had so much trouble importing the passwords.. if only we knew about this extension then

p.s it was an easy convert..working right away without modifying any js and extensions converter made everything, manifest and macro. the only thing i tried to do is link the passwords viewer button to kmeleon internal password dialog but because that dialog is built in and not xul preferences, it could only be linked using the k-plugin jsbridge for the id.. the bridge is the one siria mentioned about linking xul to non xul so the bridge js has to be copied from kmeleon's own chrome and added to the passwordexporter.jar and then recoding the the entire xul dialog to read the jsbridge which wasn't worth the trouble especially that the passwords viewer can be easily accessed in kmeleon privacy menu. removing the button was much easier tongue sticking out smiley

disrupted,

Whatever you say, but I will most definitely bow down to you in many ways if you can tell me how to use this exporter with Password Safe!

<g,d&r>

N

Date: April 22, 2010 10:00PM

i never used it before, i'll download it now and check if that's possible

Date: April 22, 2010 10:34PM

disrupted
i never used it before, i'll download it now and check if that's possible

disrupted,

Thanks... I've been looking for quite some time now and tried lots, including our KeePass.... this one is open source, friends love it and I am warming up to it.

(I want something in addition to Gecko's wallet and definitely something instead of Gecko 1.9'x new SQLite thing.)

Import and Export would be the keys... Hmmm. Didn't try exporter with KeePass. Will have to try that next.

N

Date: April 23, 2010 02:44AM

it's possible through csv exporting but not directly, pwsafe does not understand the password exorter format so autoit has to come in between to rewrite the header and create pass entries and groups so pwsafe can import

first download this file:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmcsv2kpass.zip
(source is included)

extract kmcsv2kpass.exe anywhere you like but preferably in keepass folder since it's made for it

to export, open password exporter from tools>privacy and click export passwords button. this will open save dialog, make sure to select csv format from type dropdown and click save

now double click on kmcsv2kpass.exe, this will open open file dialog, browse to where the exported kmpasswords csv was saved and open it

kmcsv2kpass will process the file and when done it will display this message

after that open [wsafe and click on file menu>import from text file

this will open import settings dialog, make sure to select comma type(default is tab), select comma not tab

then an open file dialog will open, select csv from type dropdown and browse to where the fixed kmpasswords csv is saved

pwsafe will import all kmpasswords and they will be all under one group:kmpasswords

Date: April 23, 2010 11:45AM

disrupted,

Much thanks... I'll load this up when I get home later on. Then I'll go bug both authors to make this process work the way it should, not through your excellent kludge.

<g>

P.S. Worked nicely.. some editing after the fact to fix the titles which all came up with the same name, but very nice... not a lot of passwords in my case, just 52!

Tks much.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2010 04:13AM by ndebord.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.