Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
OpenSplit (split screen in 2 frames, pseudo-sidebar etc)
Posted by: siria
Date: June 01, 2010 09:55PM

Oh well, as usual, got sidetracked again from my other nearly finished macros, but came across that function and couldn't stop myself playing, and it grew, and grew, and greeeew... ;-)

SPLIT SCREEN IN 2 FRAMES - can contain the same or different pages.
Links open in their own frame, except if you click pseudo-SIDEBAR:
Then All LINKS clicked in frame-1 then open in frame-2

- The URL for frame-1 is the current page, the URL for frame-2 is chosen by menu:
Either the previously viewed page, OR last used split-URL, OR a preset-URL, OR a URL per input box
- Choose in options-menu on which side you want frame-2 by default: right, left, top, bottom
- Choose in options-menu a default size for the frames (% or pixel).
- Edit the macro to get own option-combinations in menu (e.g. preset URL, frame size+side, etc.)

That pseudo-SIDEBAR thing you find by right-click on a link.
That special function works only if splitting in the same tab, not in new tabs.

More explanations inside the kmm-file.

. .

----------------------------

DOWNLOAD:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=756,filename=opensplit.kmm

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 09:46PM by siria.

Attachments: opensplit.kmm (39 KB)   opensplit_frames.png (24.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OpenSplit (split screen in 2 frames, pseudo-sidebar etc)
Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 26, 2011 06:57PM

Hi,

Stumbled upon a minor error in the console while I was checking out something else when disabling tabs. Line 376, change to:

$kTabs ? $_TabWin="Tab" : $_TabWin="Window";

Date: March 28, 2011 07:00PM

Oops... Thanks for the info! :-)
So the split-menu isn't complete if TABS are disabled.

Will have to post an new file, for the moment just:
If anyone uses it, you can simply fix it yourself, just exchange the word "$_page" with "$_TabWin", it occurs just once in line 769 in file opensplit.kmm
Edit > Configuration > Macros (or User Macros), right-click on it and edit with notepad.

Attachments: opensplit_menulinks.png (5.1 KB)   opensplit_menuoptions.png (4.8 KB)  
Date: March 03, 2014 09:42PM

Fixed the download link, it was expired

Attachments: opensplit_menupage.png (8.2 KB)  
Posted by: Wikiwide
Date: January 24, 2018 11:54PM

There may be a problem with handling non-ASCII characters, does anybody else see it?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F:%D0%A4%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BC%D1%8B_%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A0_1989_%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0 ;
2. Right-click a link, and in the right-click menu, ask for Pseudo-Sidebar in the right frame;
3. Problematic result: both left and right frames open something weird, pages which do not exist in Wikipedia - just look at Категория:Фильмы СССР1989 года- probably wrong encoding;
4. Expected result: both left and right frames open normal pages which do exist in Wikipedia;

Opening link as usual (without pseudo-sidebar) works, of course. The problem happens even when I switch off Javascript, so I don't think it's Wikipedia's fault.

P.S. Problem solved by switching Encoding's Auto-Detect from (Off) to Universal. Then, everything works as expected. Still leaving the message here, in case somebody else has similar problem.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.