Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
map domain/block domain updates
Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 08, 2010 03:50PM

the update prevents readding a domain to hosts if it's already there by displaying a n abort message

map domain
nt: http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/mapdomainNT.7z
9x: http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/mapdomain9x.7z

block domain(all windows): http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmblocker2.7z

new developer extensions in kmext/ext5 and new passwordrevealer extension under secuirty/privacy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: map domain/block domain updates
Date: August 08, 2010 04:12PM

update2: gives file permission before writting in case its read-only, thanks to 4tds for the tip.. please download from same links above

Date: August 08, 2010 06:13PM

update for block domain, adds option to block link domain or image domain
link context>block domain image context>block domain

p.s when blocking images domain make sure they are are external images not originating from the website you're viewing(like in forums). note domain blocker blocks in hosts meaning that website will be blocked globally for all browsers and net applications and not just k-meleon

download from same link in first post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 06:13PM by disrupted.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 29, 2010 07:31PM

Hi, disrupted,

two goodies (3 - including the ManageHosts), thanks - only discovered them yesterday.

Just two suggestions: The confirmationbox text could hold more info for the not-so-geeky, e.g.:

"This will add this domain's IP number to HOSTS. Faster than DNS querying, but IPs sometimes ARE changed. Affects ALL browsers! Continue?"

For the kmblocker, I sug*gest adding such boxes, too. Would even make sense to me, if they could show the names of the domain to be blocked, too. The message should go like:
"Block this domain in HOSTS: NAME_OF_DOMAIN
Affects ALL browsers! Unblocking by manually editing HOSTS only. Continue?"

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: August 29, 2010 08:17PM

thanks soren for the suggestions. kmblocker and map domain have been updated. kmblocker now has a confirmation msg and both now show the domain address in the confirmation, please download from same links

both those extensions are intended for those who know exactly what they do..an extensive explanation in the confirmation message is not needed everytime. there's adequate explanation on the extensions page and for the not pc savvy, those 2 can cause numerous problems that's why there's a warning on the extension page that it's intended for advanced users only

Posted by: siria
Date: August 29, 2010 10:15PM

Just on a general note, not macro related, but talking of "Advanced users":
It's used here in the sense that *I* use it too, but I keep getting shocked by the fact that on most websites today people are already called "advanced users" if they know how to unzip a file!! They'll probably soon be called "advanced" if they know how to switch on the computer, not just how to buy it in the shop... Poor world! sad smiley

But while I'm here: Just today struggled again trying to block some giant images from loading, but simply no chance. Doesn't seem possible via css, even usercontent.css only hides them *after* loading :-/ Anyone know a solutions, preferably simple ones, without installing whole programs or such...?
From how I read this here, it sounds like only whole domains are blocked.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 30, 2010 02:46PM

Hi, disrupted,

and thanks a big lot, this is

P*E*R*F*E*C*T

now!!

that's why there's a warning on the extension page that it's intended for advanced users only

- my answer to this: much (most?) traffic on support forums DOES originate from users having overestimated their own capabilities - and that does NOT exclude me & myself ...

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.