Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Youtube Services Working ?
Posted by: duffy2009
Date: October 05, 2010 12:21PM

As of yet I have never had any luck getting any Yahoo video to download using Direct Download, Keep Tube or Grab n Run. Can someone verify for me that they can download a video from Youtube using one of the three ... which is the easiest to work with?

... I just discovered there was a newer version of YTS ... I had v1.7 ... I have installed v1.9 ... Grab N Run freezes up my computer as it did in v1.7, so that may be something on my computer ... the G n R page comes up dead and everything freezes up. There was a program at one time that would show up in the tool bar to download a Youtube video when you were at the Youtube web site. I don't see that download around anywhere, also can't remember the name of it. Anyone remember that program?
thanks ...

... OK, I was able to get Keep Tube to download a Youtube video ... first time ever for that. Guess I will use that from now on. Still would like to know what that other program was that showed up on the tool bar ... if I remember there was a "Download flv" tab and a "Download mp4" tab that would pop up when you went to the Youtube web site for a video.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 02:57PM by duffy2009.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Youtube Services Working ?
Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 07, 2010 09:09PM

matt updated this extension to 1.9, last time i checked it was working fine. make sure you have the latest version from kmext.sf.net

alternatively, you can also use flsh video saver..which locates and saves the flv/mp4 tmps in your cache without the need to actually download them

fla video saver will only work with the patched flashplugin available at
kmext.sf.net/mplug.htm

for win 9x you'll need the 10.0.45 version or the flash 9 version
test first with the 10.45 if it crashes then try 9.0.227 should work without any problems on 9x

make sure to save the patched dll in the kmeleon\plugins folder

Posted by: panzer
Date: October 08, 2010 07:30AM

It is not working fine. Deturl bug still present. I think I have the latest version. I will download it again and used it in the latest Km version. Will see what happens.

Edit: Deturl bug still present in Km 1.6a4. Now, sometimes fails to go to deturl, Km becomes unresponsive. I had to forcefully shut it down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 07:38AM by panzer.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 08, 2010 08:22AM

Make sure you don't have an old version additionally somewhere yet, either renamed or in the other macros folder...

Date: October 08, 2010 08:33AM

Nope. On USB - only one version I have set up days ago.

Edited: Found a problem at last. Youtube-downloader.kmm. Gave a link to download directly in flv and mp4 format. I saw a pwn inside and knew it was the right one.

Now works OK.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 09:00AM by panzer.

Date: October 08, 2010 09:11AM

Disrupted, does ytb services - direct download works for you? How does it work anyway? Open video, click on direct download or ... because here it does nothing at all. I tried all others and they all work apart from this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 09:14AM by panzer.

Date: October 09, 2010 03:55PM

i don't use it, i just use fla video saver with the patched flash plugin.

i'll test it and see if it works but better wait for matt in case it needs updating cause sometimes ytube changes js and those online downloaders take a while before updating their js

Date: October 09, 2010 05:13PM

they all work excpet for download hd service, i couldnt make that work

make sure you have js enabled as some services might need it..if you prefer disabling js globally then make sure to enable it temporarily before selecting a download service or use the policy manager to disablee js globally while enabling js for the selected service domain plus youtube.com

keeptube and download hd services both rely on sun javaruntime so make sure you have java runtime installed and enabled. in some cases you will need to trust that website of the service due to 'unverified signature'

for keeptube service, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page which will open in a new tab, the download links for different formats will be visible near the bottom

for grab and run service, you must select a format from adropdown first before you will get a download link

the autoload userjs which displays a download button on youtube video page no longer works and that will need to be updated but you can still use the 3rd party services to download normally

Posted by: Matt
Date: October 10, 2010 07:08AM

Hi, guys

disrupted
they all work excpet for download hd service, i couldnt make that work

Download HD works fine. You have to click download button first on keephd.com, then download links appear. AFAIR it worked automatically before; keephd must have changed something.

disrupted
the autoload userjs which displays a download button on youtube video page no longer works and that will need to be updated but you can still use the 3rd party services to download normally

Direct Download works too http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,105103,109794#msg-109794 <- working version in attached file
disrupted, I tried OnLoad for userjs too, but it does not work sad smiley

When you update yt-services on kmext, remove java and js toggle in youtubers.kmm, please. Users might consider this a security risk.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 10, 2010 10:32AM

You can just replace the automatic toggle with a simple explaining alert-message, if JS etc. is off. That wouldn't show for people which have that stuff enabled, and others would easily know they only have to switch on/off temporarily with F7, no prob at all!

Date: October 10, 2010 01:42PM

you're right, it doesn't work with the onload anymore..weird, could be related to the queued video list panel youtube added; preventing kmeleon from invoking onload since the panel is always dynamic. i uploaded the original 1.9 macro without the ebnable js bits, thanks matt

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.