Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Tabs Preview?!
Posted by: forever
Date: November 19, 2010 08:34PM

hi

there is an extension called "Links Preview".... i often use it but now i was wondering if it is possible to have an extension for previewing tabs

i think opera has that too and perhaps there is a way to get it done in K-Meleon.

Sometimes i have a lot of tabs and for that it would be great to preview them instead of clicking them all winking smiley

perhaps one of our geniuses has an idea :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tabs Preview?!
Posted by: forever
Date: January 10, 2011 01:01PM

hmm no ideas?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 10, 2011 03:35PM

It would not be easy to do. The macro language knows how many tabs we have but does not have a handle or ID for each tab. So even if we took a snapshot of the tab when it was opened, we do not know that the tab continues to hold that site. The user may have clicked on a link and gone elsewhere. We can take a snapshot when the new site loads, but we don't know which tab just opened.

Edit:
There is an item called 'Tabs' under the 'View' menu. It will give you a longer title of the tab than what shows on the tab itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 03:38PM by JamesD.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 21, 2011 05:01PM

a thumbnail preview can only be achievable at core development- not even a kplugin can offer such a feature. impossible with any kind of extension

there's an experiemental tabs viewer sidebar, displays open tabs list with ability to switch to tab by selecting it from the list..see
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,108342
-it will always be experimental because it has some limitations that can only be solved at core

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.