Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
FlashVideo Saver Question
Posted by: duffy98
Date: January 25, 2011 04:08PM

When I use FlashVideo Saver to save a video file, it seems to pick it's own folder to put the video in ... how do I change the path to a Video file folder that I have set up. Right now it just picks a folder and then I have to transfer the video to the Video folder. I can't seem to find a way to make the Video folder the permanent download folder for FlashVideo Saver. Thanks ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FlashVideo Saver Question
Posted by: disrupted[unlogged]
Date: January 27, 2011 10:13PM

hi duffy, it
saves to the kmeleon save folder, that's the folder that kmeleon saves websites or save images to not the download ath..this path is opassed from the macri

to use a custom folder, just replace this in the macro(flasaver.kmm

flasaver{
$_OpenDir_Page=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.download.saveDir");
exec($_tool_path."\\flasaver\\flasaver.exe \"".$_OpenDir_Page."\"");
}

with

flasaver{
$savefolder=("c:\\enter\\path\\tocustom\\save folder here");
exec($_tool_path."\\flasaver\\flasaver.exe \"".$savefolder."\"");
}

save the kmm and restart kmeleon, the new save path will be displayed in the fla ui..if it isn't or giving error make sure the path is properly formatted..james or desga will help you etc

Date: January 28, 2011 06:08PM

disrupted ... thanks for the reply. I was able to use WinRAR and view the current path in FlashVideo Saver but I can't figure out how to change or delete that path information and replace it with your path information. I can see this:

flasaver{
$_OpenDir_Page=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.download.saveDir");
exec($_tool_path."\\flasaver\\flasaver.exe \"".$_OpenDir_Page."\"");
}

... but that's all I can do for now, just view it. I am sure there has been something posted somewhere on how to change items in a macro. I will search around for it or is there a specific software program needed to delete, change or add things to a macro? Thanks for getting me this far ... it's all a learning experience.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 30, 2011 01:57PM

Not use Winrar to do this change.
You need some text editor like Notepad++ or PSPad, ...
Close K-Meleon.
Open the file K-Meleon\macros\flasaver.kmm on the text editor.
Replace the lines indicated by disrupted above.
Note that you must use double backslash (\\) in paths.
Save changes in file and restart K-Meleon.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 01:59PM by desga2.

Date: January 30, 2011 09:15PM

thanks desga2 for the help. I already had a text editor on my computer ... but I downloaded the other two that you mentioned, will check them out ... I just wasn't sure how to edit a macro ... thanks to disrupted and you I learned some new stuff this week about editing.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.