Extensions and .7z?
Posted by: MXB
Date: May 04, 2011 11:43PM

There appear to be 2 ways to install extensions? One is to install the manager. Does the manager have a built in .7z extractor? I'm not keen on downloading yet another extraction program. PKZIP is what I'll stay with til I die.

TIA

Re: Extensions and .7z?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 05, 2011 04:40AM

MXB
There appear to be 2 ways to install extensions? One is to install the manager. Does the manager have a built in .7z extractor? I'm not keen on downloading yet another extraction program. PKZIP is what I'll stay with til I die.

TIA

MXB,

Yes, it uses 7z... if you use either the manager or the earlier KEIH program, you can install extensions properly. If you use KEIH, the method I use is use Windows Explorer's right click capability. I set up KEIH as an another program (NOT THE DEFAULT) to handle 7z files and when I highlight a K-meleon KMM extension, I right click on it, pick KEIH from the list to handle it and run it. KEIH will do the install. The manager program is newer and more robust, but as I don't use it, somebody else will have to tell you how to use it.

N

Posted by: siria
Date: May 05, 2011 06:44PM

The KEM manager from kmext.sf.net containes a 7z.dll plugin, and a 7z.exe
So yes, it is automatically included smiling smiley It lands in the directory "tools".

If I want to find out such things before installing, I just click on the xxx.7z link, and instead of "save" choose "open", that shows a list of all the contained files and their folder structure.

Posted by: MXB
Date: May 10, 2011 08:30PM

siria
The KEM manager from kmext.sf.net containes a 7z.dll plugin, and a 7z.exe
So yes, it is automatically included smiling smiley It lands in the directory "tools".

If I want to find out such things before installing, I just click on the xxx.7z link, and instead of "save" choose "open", that shows a list of all the contained files and their folder structure.

Einfach wunderbar! Vielen Dank, jetzt kann ich mich in die Extensions reinstuerzen. ;-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.