Is there a macro for SEO in KM?

Tks.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Search Engine Optimizing
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 08, 2011 11:35PM

@ ndebord
Search Engine Optimizing is the changing of a web page in order to obtain a higher placement in search results. I don't see how a macro can to this.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 09, 2011 02:35AM

JamesD
@ ndebord
Search Engine Optimizing is the changing of a web page in order to obtain a higher placement in search results. I don't see how a macro can to this.

JamesD,

Thanks, I was thinking of this from FireFox:

SeoQuake

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 09, 2011 12:05PM

Nick, for which page do You need to SEO?

BTW. It is for SEO not only for the content they post that we have the spammers in the forums and the wiki. K-Melon at SF is a page that yields page rank if You manage to place Your adverts here.

The link plus they keyword from pages that have prestige aka page rank themselves is on of the easiest and richest source for page rank

Date: July 09, 2011 02:00PM

guenter
Nick, for which page do You need to SEO?

BTW. It is for SEO not only for the content they post that we have the spammers in the forums and the wiki. K-Melon at SF is a page that yields page rank if You manage to place Your adverts here.

The link plus they keyword from pages that have prestige aka page rank themselves is on of the easiest and richest source for page rank

Guenter,

Not sure I understand your link reference?

As you know, I am a scribbler by trade and often have to check on the visibility of clients on the web. Keywords are one way to improve their ranking in Google and I found SeoQuake in FF to be useful and there are several other options that do similar stuff in FF, but I've not tried them. I would like to be able to do the same stuff in KM.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 02:01PM by ndebord.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 10, 2011 09:50AM

ndebord

Not sure I understand your link reference?

As you know, I am a scribbler by trade and often have to check on the visibility of clients on the web. Keywords are one way to improve their ranking in Google and I found SeoQuake in FF to be useful and there are several other options that do similar stuff in FF, but I've not tried them. I would like to be able to do the same stuff in KM.

1.) Look into this post that contains a link.

The link has been cooded how it is done technically. My Lake Appelets has a page rank of 3 mostly because I used it maybe a dozen times as example in forum posts.
Also because I used many in side SEO techniques but no bought links server farms and other such things.

2.) Hard to add this type of Firefox Extensions because IMHO they add extra features to Firefox' XUL based menus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 09:51AM by guenter.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 10, 2011 05:24PM

this is somewhat similar to the ff one but nt as sophisticated
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/SEOtools.7z
tools>seo tools
(for 1.5 and above)

mostly based on the services in these bookmarklets:
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/30-seo-bookmarklets-to-save-you-time

plus a js to display the pagerank at the bottom of the page

Date: July 11, 2011 03:27PM

Disrupted,

Thanks for the macro... does enough of what I need and the link too is useful. Trying to get a local arts paper to improve their keywords and this stuff is making my case. I had to do it before in FF, but wanted to do it in KM instead and this allows for that.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:37PM by ndebord.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 11, 2011 06:39PM

anything for the highbrow community :d

p.s. got link?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 06:40PM by disrupted.

Date: July 11, 2011 11:25PM

disrupted
anything for the highbrow community :d

p.s. got link?

disrupted,

Highbrow, more like high-brew, as this is the hipster community in Williamsburg, Brooklyn where I reside and where my wife (and occasionally I) write for this pub.

http://thewgnews.com/

<VBG>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.