Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
IDM ++fastest downloader Files&videos
Posted by: spider20
Date: June 19, 2012 10:22AM

I am a new user of K-Meleon & I liked the speed in the navigation and the use of low resources.
But when I started useing km ,I did't find much about linking it to idm , so i will show way to use the downloader (IDM) in KM to download files and videos from any site.

1 - you can download the program from its location http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com.

2-When setup ending you Must kill idm with Task manger & Delet those files:

IDMIntegrator64.exe
idmtdi.cat
idmwfp.cat
idmtdi.inf
idmwfp.inf
because they take alot of resources , while montering files.

3- after setup you will find idmmzcc.xpi inside the program folder,its the extension for firfox, and you can open it with WinRaR and extract its contents to KM folder.

4- Download the extension oGet from http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/oGet2.7z.

5-instel oget & restart KM,then go to the Tools menu and chose downlaod manger, and that all you need .

Then , you can download any file or a video clip

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 02:57AM by spider20.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IDM ++fastest downloader Files&videos
Date: June 24, 2012 02:53AM

I have prepared file as IDM extension for Km .
Just Install internet download manager & this extension .

DOWNLOAD

Advice
1-Install KM Extensions Manager If you not owned yet .
2 - Check extension with anti-virus before installation
3 -Test it first in a copy of Km to avoid any bug or errores.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 03:29AM by spider20.

Attachments: IDM.7z (207.8 KB)  
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 24, 2012 10:29AM

Hi Spider,

I had a look to your extension, but I don't understand some points:

1) Why do you create a new components folder (components2) ? It seems that use components only ought to be enough.

2) What is the reason of the presence of rdf and js files in 7Z file, these files who are usually present in Firefox extensions aren't normally used by K-Meleon.

3) chrome.manifest is also not used by K-Meleon, but by Firefox, and more in this folder which after unzip is the K-Meleon folder. It probably ought to be in chrome, with the few structure modifications we usually made to manifest.

4) I don't understand the reason of the line concerning kmm extension.

I haven't yet try to install it, and I'm not sure it will work under wine.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 10:30AM by JujuLand.

Date: June 24, 2012 12:43PM

I have installed using components2 or not, no difference.

I have tried with chrome.manifest in K-Meleon root folder or chrome folder, modified or not, same problem, I haven't the menu as on on hard-copy,

All the other parts works.

The problem is perhaps due to wine, but I'm suprise it can work under windows ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: June 24, 2012 06:03PM

At first, I want to clarify that it was my first extension .

I did make the extension using only components, but it work some times , others times continues display a message about new install of IDM & it stop support videos.

it seems related to that the idmcchandler2.dll in components2

Anyway, i have uploaded the Less components extension , for test ,to see if work well for others .

Attachments: IDM.7z (125.6 KB)  
Date: June 24, 2012 06:45PM

In this new 7z, there is no more components2 and its content is not under components. Is-it because it's not required ?

I see also that there is no manifest for idmmzcc.jar, and it's perhaps the reason why I can't see the video menu. Have-you this menu under Windows ?

Other detail, in the macro you use \\Tools, and in the archive this same folder is named tools. Under Linux, there is a difference, and it create a new folder. As the existing folder (created by other previous extensions) was named Tools, it's better to rename the folder in archive.

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 06:50PM by JujuLand.

Date: June 24, 2012 06:54PM

JujuLand
I have installed using components2 or not, no difference.

I have tried with chrome.manifest in K-Meleon root folder or chrome folder, modified or not, same problem, I haven't the menu as on on hard-copy,

All the other parts works.

The problem is perhaps due to wine, but I'm suprise it can work under windows ...

A+

Are you use "wine" for running Windows applications on other operating systems ?

I did not tested the extension on other operating systems , but the menu should work, it's kmm script ,like any other macro .

Try to copy the macros folder manually from IDM.7z to km folder to avoid any deletion .

Date: June 24, 2012 07:31PM

JujuLand
In this new 7z, there is no more components2 and its content is not under components. Is-it because it's not required ?

I see also that there is no manifest for idmmzcc.jar, and it's perhaps the reason why I can't see the video menu. Have-you this menu under Windows ?

Other detail, in the macro you use \\Tools, and in the archive this same folder is named tools. Under Linux, there is a difference, and it create a new folder. As the existing folder (created by other previous extensions) was named Tools, it's better to rename the folder in archive.

A+

In windows there is no difference ,

Here the two files .

IDM.7z (207.9 Kcool smiley the Full one .

IDMT.7z (125.7 Kcool smiley The Test.

Attachments: IDM.7z (207.8 KB)   IDMT.7z (125.6 KB)  
Date: June 25, 2012 06:52AM

spider20
Are you use "wine" for running Windows applications on other operating systems ?

If you have a look to my signature, there is no doubt :cool:

spider20
I did not tested the extension on other operating systems , but the menu should work, it's kmm script ,like any other macro .

The menu works.

What doesn't work is the IDM menu called 'Download video". And this is perhaps because of the manifest file missing. With my experience, I haven't been able to make extensions working without it, and if it's not located under chrome folder.

A+

Date: June 25, 2012 08:25AM

JujuLand

The menu works.

What doesn't work is the IDM menu called 'Download video". And this is perhaps because of the manifest file missing. With my experience, I haven't been able to make extensions working without it, and if it's not located under chrome folder.

A+

menu of "Download video" only showing when video run .

which work normal for me , even if i Uninstall IDM prog from my pc , it Is still appear .

If you look at pictures in the second post you will notice I tested it in a new version of km and note menus in basic form of the program

there may be a problem in linking between them or the installation .

Uninstall the extension and unpack it manually , Re-run KM Time or two and it appear as i hope.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.